Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646709 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428960 Mar 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
925 921
<quoted text>
Don't think I want to go there. Am beginning to see that you are one of those of which I was warned...you really appear to be wearing sheep clothing!!!
I'm allergic to wool, so wrong conclusion.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428961 Mar 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Simon Magus and the gnostic books were rejected by those early Christians.
The Catholic apocryphal books are not much different really, added only later in 1545.
Why do you believe those men were accurate?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428962 Mar 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. You can't stop being an idiot. Catholic is an adjective, describing everyone of those Churches in communion with the Apostles.
you're the prime example why the laity have no business forming their own Christianity by reading scripture verses. Its not possible to get anymore lost than you Ox.
go pull someone elses ponytail.
From the Catholic Encyclopedia:

The combination "the Catholic Church" (he katholike ekklesia) is found for the first time in the letter of St. Ignatius to the Smyrnaeans, written about the year 110.

Iggy wrote this several ears after Christ declared that He would build His church!!!!!!

Plus...the seven (7) churches Christ referred to in Rev were not referred to as "Catholic" "catholic" or otherwise...

Location hidden

#428963 Mar 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The Spirit supposedly transcended this plane of existence.
Nothing of the material world can enter a spiritual world, so that is why only a body would be present.
But you knew that.....huh?
Yep!!! God warned be of your ilk: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Location hidden

#428964 Mar 20, 2013
960 925 921
<quoted text>
I'm allergic to wool, so wrong conclusion.
Take anti-allergic shots...they tell me they work great!!!!

Location hidden

#428965 Mar 20, 2013
oops!!!

Iggy wrote this several years
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428966 Mar 20, 2013
The Spirit supposedly transcended this plane of existence.
Nothing of the material world can enter a spiritual world, so that is why only a body would be present.
But you knew that.....huh?
1. The ostuary as the website said was just of a common name at the time. Others were also found earlier.

2. We are told Jesus appeared in a physical new body and did eat. Wasnt it Thomas who put his hands in Jesus' wounds?

Heavenly bodies as Jesus had after his resurrection, not some disembodied spirit or soul.

Luke 24:34-43 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon. And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread. And as they thus spoke, Jesus himself stood in the middle of them, and said to them, Peace be to you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said to them, Why are you troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said to them, Have you here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428967 Mar 20, 2013
Why do you believe those men were accurate?

The first Christians who were there witnesses this as they did the miracles of Jesus confirming the virgin birth as Mary said.

This is one way we know the inspired books. another is that they are all in harmony.
Adam

Germany

#428968 Mar 20, 2013
It must have been 12 gospels since Jesus had 12 apostles. What happened to 0ther gospels?
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428969 Mar 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
960 925 921
Take anti-allergic shots...they tell me they work great!!!!

Do more research. Some doctors are warning that vaccinations cause the allergies in the first place.

I had many allergies when a child due to this vaccination schedule but thankfully grew out of it, or maybe was healed by God :) no allergies today!
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428970 Mar 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
It must have been 12 gospels since Jesus had 12 apostles. What happened to 0ther gospels?

Not everyone was given that commission. They were sent to found churches. There were Christian churches in Asia and all over spread into India ect.

www.godrules.net/library/wilkinson/wilkinson....
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428971 Mar 20, 2013

Apostolic Succession Debunked

In the episcopate of Nicholas I (Nicholas the Great), bishop of Rome AD 858-867, documents known today as the pseudo-Isidorean Decretals appeared on the stage of history. Contained in this fortuitous discovery were letters allegedly written by “popes” prior to Nicaea (AD 325) and from Clement 1 to Miltiades. All are blatant forgeries!(They had to be, for there were no popes and no papacy in that time frame.) The Donation of Constantine was shown to be a deliberate forgery in AD 1440 by Lorenzo Valla.
http://www.contenderministries.org/Catholicis...

http://www.bible.ca/cath-apostolic-succession...

http://vimeo.com/15060405

Was Peter ever in Rome?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Was Peter the First Pope

“Peace Thru Superior Firepower”

Since: Mar 13

Hayburn, Idaho

#428972 Mar 20, 2013
A New Libertarian wrote:
did you see what I said about the Catholics being the least offensive of all the christians? thanks for backing me up.
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
least offensive towards the world can be offensive towards God.
How would you know? Does your "bible" tell you that?
socci wrote:
<quoted text>I find their numerous genocides offensive. You know burning people at the stake - offensive.
Protestants did that, too. Protestants also slaughtered the American Indians, and hung people falsely accused of witchcraft in Salem.
socci wrote:
<quoted text>The RC is only gay friendly to impose this on non-catholics to destroy their nation & culture.
That's hilarious!! Do continue showing us you don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about!
socci wrote:
<quoted text> It is not allowed in catholic nations, like the muslims will do. so many similarities.
Thanks for sharing your delusions.

“Peace Thru Superior Firepower”

Since: Mar 13

Hayburn, Idaho

#428973 Mar 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
The protestants burned them.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428974 Mar 20, 2013
A New Libertarian wrote:
How would you know? Does your "bible" tell you that?

Yes!

A New Libertarian wrote:
Protestants did that, too.

No they did not. Rome has the neurotic empire. Now stop spreading lies.

A New Libertarian wrote:
Protestants also slaughtered the American Indians, and hung people falsely accused of witchcraft in Salem.
Says you. Actually the Puritan Protestants allowed the Natives to live in the colonies protected from Spain out west. It was only after this the treaties were all broken, by agents of Rome in Washington DC, Mary Land. The Jesuits continue to persecute the Natives still today.
www.redicecreations.com/article.php...

http://protocolshistory.blogspot.com/2010/09/...
Clay

United States

#428975 Mar 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The apostles did not found the Roman Church. That was Simon Magus. Read - weep!
www.remnantofgod.org/pope1.htm
www.youtube.com/playlist...
I'm not interested in any cult propaganda essays you post.
Gimme something from a normal source.
I wasted time last week reading one of your stupid pamphlets. It was filled with so much slander it wasn't even funny.
If my kid got caught us in one of your silly cults, I would bust the door down with a sledge hammer to rescue him.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#428976 Mar 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i'll ask you the same question i ask all Catholics,show me in scripture where Jesus says the catholic church is his true church?
And I/we Catholics will "give you" the SAME answer! Where in the bible does it say that "every word, every phrase, every sentence, MUST BE IN THE BIBLE in order for it to be true!!...Furthermore--- Church History, records it, other disciples, followers and Christians "proclaimed the word Catholic (or Universal, or One Church)----(IN THE EARLY CHURCH) beginning in 070 AD and (even in the Churches that Paul wrote to :Ephesus, Thessalonica, Corinth, Phillipi, ect. by Apologistic historian authors and writers that confirm it: both as Catholic and Protestant.--Send your "editorial opinions" to the New York times, L.A. Times, or the Mpls Star/Tribune, ect. Jethro8, and then you can "argue the word "Catholic" with the other bible only Protestants, whose bible only opinions have as much credibility as the "hog-wash" that it is printed in the National Inquirer.----There has, is and will (continue) to be "ONLY" (one truth) and that is in Jesus Christ and His One (and only one TRUE-Universal "Catholic Church"!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#428977 Mar 20, 2013
socci wrote:
Apostolic Succession Debunked
In the episcopate of Nicholas I (Nicholas the Great), bishop of Rome AD 858-867, documents known today as the pseudo-Isidorean Decretals appeared on the stage of history. Contained in this fortuitous discovery were letters allegedly written by “popes” prior to Nicaea (AD 325) and from Clement 1 to Miltiades. All are blatant forgeries!(They had to be, for there were no popes and no papacy in that time frame.) The Donation of Constantine was shown to be a deliberate forgery in AD 1440 by Lorenzo Valla.
http://www.contenderministries.org/Catholicis...
http://www.bible.ca/cath-apostolic-succession...
http://vimeo.com/15060405
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =N6XxN2HtglMXX
Was Peter ever in Rome?
Was Peter the First Pope
Just more or the "same old" "bible only" Protestant "Propaganda" that can be "dug up" in some "obscure and remote" anti-catholic sources!......There (has, is and will ALWAYS BE) ONLY ONE TRUE CHURCH, and ONLY ONE TRUTH---and it is in Jesus Christ,(in and through) HIS biblically and historically PROVEN Apostolic Catholic Church---confirmed, proven and verified for over 2000 years!! NOTHING more to discuss, NOTHING more to debate, NOTHING more to argue over, NOTHING more to contemplate, NOTHING more to deliberate over!-----"Anything other Christianity is either "relative truth or half-truth, half-heresy Christianity of which bible only Protestants have "mastered the art" of editorializing and self-opinionating their own 42,000 "contraditing" interpretation of the bible.
Adam

Germany

#428978 Mar 20, 2013
A New Libertarian wrote:
<quoted text>
The protestants burned them.
That´s not true. The protestant church is splitted from the catholic church. The have the same gospels as catholics and orthodox.
Adam

Germany

#428979 Mar 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone was given that commission. They were sent to found churches. There were Christian churches in Asia and all over spread into India ect.
www.godrules.net/library/wilkinson/wilkinson....
Who gave who the permission to say what comes in the bible and what not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Mr Sir 10,166
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Mon South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Mon Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web