Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685654 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428947 Mar 20, 2013
Italian - American wrote:
Now if you believe Jesus, then you cannot believe that He was not telling the truth.
So you believe Jesus in these teachings then, right?
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Albuquerque, NM

#428948 Mar 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter the apostle was not any more special than the other apostles, who were all inspired with the Holy Spirit breathed upon by Jesus himself!
The keys were given to "all of you" (KJV) meaning the church of believers meaning all who are saved in the church are saved those who are not are lost.
The RC has only taken a few verses and corrupted the translation. Their Bible is completely different for this reason.
Then why do you only accept the teachings attributed to less than six of the original 13 Apostles, when "all of them" were "breathed upon"??

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428949 Mar 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Only his body.
...along with his other family members.....
http://www.jesusfamilytomb.com/
Only His body??? What happen to the rest of Him?????

Location hidden

#428950 Mar 20, 2013
925 921
<quoted text>
here is a link to all the ossuraries found:
http://www.jesusfamilytomb.com/the_tomb/unnam...
Don't think I want to go there. Am beginning to see that you are one of those of which I was warned...you really appear to be wearing sheep clothing!!!

Location hidden

#428951 Mar 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
oxbow,WHEN DO I GET THE DEED TO YOUR FARM YOU OWE ME? OR ARE YOU GOING TO WELCH?
First rule in betting. "To collect the bet...you must win it".

Location hidden

#428952 Mar 20, 2013
Italian - American wrote:
The Catholic Church is the one true Church. Christ gave his authority to Peter and the apostles. Peter, in scripture, is always addressed by name.
The keys of the Kingdom were given to him and Christ said the gates of Hell will not prevail against the Church.
Now if you believe Jesus, then you cannot believe that He was not telling the truth.
Despite the MANY sinners in the Church, including the papacy and clergy. However the dogma remains true despite our human nature. Luther broke the Body of Christ and therefore sinned.
The Church still teaches that others can go to heaven even if not Catholic. So let's not be proud of our belief but be an example to others on how to live.
Horse apples!!!!!

Your own pope's teaching that clearly says Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!

From your NABre pope approved Bible:
this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....

I added: The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....nor in the definition of ekklsia...

Plus further proof, from Scripture, that Christ found not the Catholic cult: In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, not one did He refer to as "Catholic". This was years after His ascension into Heaven...
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428954 Mar 20, 2013
Then why do you only accept the teachings attributed to less than six of the original 13 Apostles, when "all of them" were "breathed upon"??

Simon Magus and the gnostic books were rejected by those early Christians.

The Catholic apocryphal books are not much different really, added only later in 1545.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428955 Mar 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i'll ask you the same question i ask all Catholics,show me in scripture where Jesus says the catholic church is his true church?
True...

Plus, after 1600 years, show us the real-world, real-life evidence of this moral superiority.

Where's the beef?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428956 Mar 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse apples!!!!!
Your own pope's teaching that clearly says Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!
From your NABre pope approved Bible:
this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....
I added: The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....nor in the definition of ekklsia...
Plus further proof, from Scripture, that Christ found not the Catholic cult: In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, not one did He refer to as "Catholic". This was years after His ascension into Heaven...
Yawn. You can't stop being an idiot. Catholic is an adjective, describing everyone of those Churches in communion with the Apostles.
you're the prime example why the laity have no business forming their own Christianity by reading scripture verses. Its not possible to get anymore lost than you Ox.
go pull someone elses ponytail.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428957 Mar 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
Catholic is an adjective, describing everyone of those Churches in communion with the Apostles.
you're the prime example why the laity have no business forming their own Christianity by reading scripture verses. Its not possible to get anymore lost than you Ox.

The apostles did not found the Roman Church. That was Simon Magus. Read - weep!

www.remnantofgod.org/pope1.htm

www.youtube.com/playlist...

Location hidden

#428958 Mar 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. You can't stop being an idiot. Catholic is an adjective, describing everyone of those Churches in communion with the Apostles.
n
(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) a member of any of the Churches regarded as Catholic, esp the Roman Catholic Church.

Glad to help the lame of brain...

Albuquerque, NM

#428959 Mar 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Only His body??? What happen to the rest of Him?????
The Spirit supposedly transcended this plane of existence.

Nothing of the material world can enter a spiritual world, so that is why only a body would be present.

But you knew that.....huh?

Albuquerque, NM

#428960 Mar 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
925 921
<quoted text>
Don't think I want to go there. Am beginning to see that you are one of those of which I was warned...you really appear to be wearing sheep clothing!!!
I'm allergic to wool, so wrong conclusion.

Albuquerque, NM

#428961 Mar 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Simon Magus and the gnostic books were rejected by those early Christians.
The Catholic apocryphal books are not much different really, added only later in 1545.
Why do you believe those men were accurate?

Location hidden

#428962 Mar 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Catholic Encyclopedia:

The combination "the Catholic Church" (he katholike ekklesia) is found for the first time in the letter of St. Ignatius to the Smyrnaeans, written about the year 110.

Iggy wrote this several ears after Christ declared that He would build His church!!!!!!

Plus...the seven (7) churches Christ referred to in Rev were not referred to as "Catholic" "catholic" or otherwise...

Location hidden

#428963 Mar 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Nothing of the material world can enter a spiritual world, so that is why only a body would be present.
Yep!!! God warned be of your ilk: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Location hidden

#428964 Mar 20, 2013
960 925 921
<quoted text>
I'm allergic to wool, so wrong conclusion.
Take anti-allergic shots...they tell me they work great!!!!

Location hidden

#428965 Mar 20, 2013
oops!!!

Iggy wrote this several years
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428966 Mar 20, 2013
1. The ostuary as the website said was just of a common name at the time. Others were also found earlier.

2. We are told Jesus appeared in a physical new body and did eat. Wasnt it Thomas who put his hands in Jesus' wounds?

Heavenly bodies as Jesus had after his resurrection, not some disembodied spirit or soul.

Luke 24:34-43 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon. And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread. And as they thus spoke, Jesus himself stood in the middle of them, and said to them, Peace be to you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said to them, Why are you troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said to them, Have you here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428967 Mar 20, 2013
Why do you believe those men were accurate?

The first Christians who were there witnesses this as they did the miracles of Jesus confirming the virgin birth as Mary said.

This is one way we know the inspired books. another is that they are all in harmony.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web