Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,292
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428494 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're claiming no infants were Baptized per scripture. You're the sola scripture guy...show me where the Apostles said "do not Baptize infants until they are old enough".
You believe that, right? It should be easy then.
Guess what, Chuck. Your new and strange teaching on Baptism is about 150 yrs old if that .
Mine is at least 1850 yrs old per the writings of the Apostolic Fathers. You embrace some guys opinion on this teaching.
Clay , you have said many times the catholic church was first and then the Bible. You have said the catholic church gave us the Bible. Then why not one record of an infant being baptized in an NT Book? Not one record Clay. You keep posting about 1500 years ago this and that...post the NT Book and verse Clay of an infant being baptized. Thanks
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428495 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT says that all Christians are Priests and so does the Catholic Church (check the Catechism).
The NT does not say infants were NOT Baptized either.
Read the writings of Church father Iraneaus who was born around 115 AD and was a product of Christian parents and not a convert (a cradle Catholic) He studied under Polycarp - who knew the Apostle John personally.
"Jesus came to save all through Himself. All I say is all, through Him are reborn unto God. Infants and children, youth and old men. Therefore He (Jesus) passed through every age. Becoming an infant for infants; sanctifying infants; a child for children; sanctifying children of that age."
"for we are lepers in sin, made clean by the sacred water and the invocation of the Lord from our old transgressions; being spiritually regenerated as newborn babies, even as the lord hath declared 'except that a man be born through water and the spirit he shalt not enter the Kingdom of Heaven"
Also
"Baptize first the children, if they can speak for themselves, let them do so. Otherwise let their parents or relatives speak for them"
Hippolytus ( Disciple of Iraneus)
Clay, there is no longer a need for catholic priests. All christians are priests. There are no longer NT priests, so why do you have them? To listen to you confess your sins?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#428496 Mar 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Greek is not Greek!!!!
No need....I simply use Strong's Greek Lexicon that defines the Greek words, used at the time of Christ.
Here are the five main dialects of ancient Greek that have been found on inscriptions. They are divided based on geography, with regional subdivisions. Following the ancient dialects are the other, more modern Greek languages.
1. Attic-Ionic Greek (represented in literature)
Ionic
East Ionic
Central Ionic
West Ionic
Attic (the Greek spoken in Attica, which includes Athens).
2. Achaean
Arcadian
Cyprian
Pamphylian
3. Aeolic (represented in literature)
Lesbian
Thessalian
Boeotian
4. Doric (represented in literature)
Laconian-Heraclean
Messenian
Argolic
Megarian,
Corinthian
Rhodian
Theran-Melian
Coan-Calymnian
Cretan
5. Northwest Greek
Phocian
Locrian
Elean
6. Koine Greek
4th century B.C. to A.D. 4th century, the language of the New Testament and Septuagint, which spread during the Hellenistic era throughout the empire of Alexander the Great. Koine was based on the classical Attic Greek modified by Alexander's soldiers's dialects [Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament, by Daniel B. Wallace; 1997]. The language was simplified and made more explicit to meet the needs of a universal language.
Koine is the feminine form of the Greek adjective for 'common'(koinos) to go with either the Greek noun dialektos or glossa 'dialect' or 'language'.
7. Byzantine
5th - 15th century A.D. The Greek of this period was influenced by the East with an influx of words from other languages that we call Byzantine Greek. Byzantine Greek was used administratively by the Byzantine Empire.
8. Modern Greek
15th Century A.D. to the present.
Ohhh. I'm surprised. You are familiar with Dr.Strongs work. Many people aren't. But be sure that if you use Dr. Strongs work that it is actually his work because there are some newer versions that claim to be by Dr. Strong but they are corrupted.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#428497 Mar 18, 2013
BOB DYLAN LYRICS

Send "Slow Train" Ringtone to your Cell
"Slow Train"

Sometimes I feel so low-down and disgusted
Can't help but wonder what's happening to my companions
Are they lost or are they found, have they counted the cost it'll take to bring down
All their earthly principles they're gonna have to abandon ?
There's slow, slow train coming up around the bend.

I had a woman down in Alabama
She was a backwoods girl, but she sure was realistic
She said, Boy, without a doubt, have to quit your mess and straighten out
You could die down here, be just another accident statistic

All that foreign oil controlling American soil
Look around you, it's just bound to make you embarrassed
Sheiks walking around like kings, wearing fancy jewels and nose rings
Deciding America's future from Amsterdam and to Paris
And there's slow, slow train coming up around the bend.

Man's ego is inflated, his laws are outdated, they don't apply no more
You can't rely no more to be standing around waiting
In the home of the brave, Jefferson turning over in his grave
Fools glorifying themselves, trying to manipulate Satan
And there's slow, slow train coming up around the bend.

Big-time negotiators, false healers and woman haters
Masters of the bluff and masters of the proposition
But the enemy I see wears a cloak of decency
All non-believers and men stealers talking in the name of religion
And there's slow, there's slow train coming up around the bend.

People starving and thirsting, grain elevators are bursting
Oh, you know it costs more to store the food than it do to give it
They say loose your inhibitions, follow your own ambitions
They talk about a life of brotherly love, show me someone who knows how to live it

Well, my baby went to Illinois with some bad-talking boy she could destroy
A real suicide case, but there was nothing I could do to stop it
I don't care about economy, I don't care about astronomy
But it's sure do bother me to see my loved ones turning into puppets

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#428498 Mar 18, 2013
Cathy the Catholic says: I can't wait until lent ends! I've gained 10 pounds from gorging myself at all-you-can-eat Friday fish fries!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428499 Mar 18, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The church that Jesus built and the church that 3,000 souls were added to the church on the day of Pentecost was and is the Church of Christ.
Yeppers ADDED which meand the Church was already in existance.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428500 Mar 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also written that the end would come in some of the Apostles lifetimes.
This is reported in more than one Gospel. It may have played a role in the Jewish uprising.
The Gospel has been spread worldwide. Still no end.
Using the Bible, Falwell, Robinson, and many other famous ministers throughout the ages have predicted the end of times.
Imagine an Almanac in which the sun, moon, and tide charts were all wrong. You had to adjust everything after the fact in order for it to be "true."
Wrong it said they would not taste death until they see him coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 16:28

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, who shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

At the Mt of Transfiguration the same Lord they seen and later go up will come back in the same manner. Also John in his visions saw the end time events of Christ's coming.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428501 Mar 18, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Im aware of the theory. What proof do you have?
Proof of what - please clarify your request.
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this just more of your new age deception? No wonder you are so confused about God.
No it is not any NA perception.

How am I confused about "God"?

Maybe you are the one confused.

Do you realize your "God" was a mistake?
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...

10 Sophia of the Epinoia, being an Aeon, thought a thought from within herself and the thought of the invisible Spirit and Foreknowledge. She willed a likeness to appear from within herself without the will of the Spirit—It had not approved—and without her partner and without his consideration. For the countenance of her masculinity did not approve, and she had not found her partner. She deliberated apart from the will of the Spirit and the understanding of her partner. She brought forth.

Because of the unconquerable power within her, her thought did not remain idle. And an imperfect product appeared from her, and it was different from her pattern because she created it without her partner. And it was not patterned after the likeness of its Mother, for it had a different form. When she saw (the product of) her will, it was dif­ferent, a model of a lion-faced serpent. His eyes were like flashing fires of lightning. She cast him out from her, outside of those places so that none among the immortals might see him, for she had cre­ated him in ignorance.

13 He shared with them (portions) from his fire.

Because of the power of the glory which dwells in him from the light of his Mother. he became Lord over them. Because of that, he called himself God, and he was not obedient to the place from which he had come.

Tsk-tsk-tsk.
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another victim of the state.

Albuquerque, NM

#428502 Mar 18, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Like anything else in history destroyed by war we look to the witnesses at the time. The ten commandments were witnessed by many as recorded in the Bible. The Exodus artifacts have been found as the Bible says.
There's no truth in gnosticism which takes Bible truth and spins a lie. Catholic gnosticism was the first taking Mary the mother of Jesus transforming her into their tradition copycat of Semiramis. The real Christian trinity does not include Mary / virgin mary.
Please show where "God" has declared that there is "no truth in Gnosticism".

Albuquerque, NM

#428503 Mar 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

I got it now.....you have this already prepared in a Word document for ease fo copying and pasting, and haven't figured out how to express your own thoughts, huh?
It happens to the best of Catholics at some point in their life.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope!! Wrong again as usual New Age! I don't need to copy and paste anything! It's called "AD-LIBBING ----the--- TRUTH!! Two words that have "escaped your vocabulary as well as your thinking!!
"ab-libbing the truth"

Hojo, personal interpretation is not Catholicism. Looks you've busted yourself.

Why do you keep trying to mislead others with your tall-tales?

Albuquerque, NM

#428504 Mar 18, 2013
Hell is REAL wrote:
JESUS CHURCH IS A SPIRITUAL CHURCH A BODY OF REPENTED TO CHRIST ONLY, BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS WHO OBEY HIM THROUGH HIS WORD IN THE KJ BIBLE. WE ARE THE TEMPLES OF GOD. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN IN THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST. CATHOLICISM DOES NOT EVEN TEACH THIS. THEY TEACH THEIR MEMBERS TO TRUST IN THE CHURCH, MARY, SACRAMENTS AND EVERYTHING ELSE EXCEPT THE TRUTH AND THAT IS TO TRUST IN JESUS ONLY! HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE YOU. 1Ti_2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; NOT MARY EITHER, WE ARE NOT EVEN TO PRAY TO MARY. ONLY TO JESUS AND GOD. PERIOD.
THIS IS NOT CHRISTS CHURCH. YOU HAVE BEEN LIED TO LIKE ME MOST OF MY WHOLE LIFE. IT'S TIME YOU ACCEPT JESUS ONLY AS THE TRUTH AND SEEK GOD THROUGH HIM AND THE READING OF THE BIBLE.
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT THE TRUTH IS ABOUT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH. THERE IS NOTHING HOLY ABOUT IT AND I HATE THE LIES THEY TELL TO DECIEVE THE MASSES RIGHT INTO HELL.
http://alamoministries.com/content/english/An...
*turns down the monitor sound*

What is that you are SHOUTING!!

:o)
Clay

United States

#428505 Mar 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, there is no longer a need for catholic priests. All christians are priests. There are no longer NT priests, so why do you have them? To listen to you confess your sins?
Ya ok. You guys are all shepherds too eh? You guys can all perform the sacraments yourselves huh?
I don't suppose you can tell me which one of you 'Priests' are speaking what Christ wills??
There is so many to choose from!

Albuquerque, NM

#428506 Mar 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So... I should look deeper into myself, toss my Bible, and pick up and study a copy of GoThomas to finally be on the right track?
:)
I'm at a loss for words.
it is a good start.

Then you should embark on learning different cultures and their theological views, peruse the Egyptian Book of the Dead an then the Tibetan Book of the Dead to understand those cultures, and maybe even investigate the origins of "Q" - the collection of Jesus sayings/teachings.

Good luck.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428507 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're claiming no infants were Baptized per scripture. You're the sola scripture guy...show me where the Apostles said "do not Baptize infants until they are old enough".
You believe that, right? It should be easy then.
Guess what, Chuck. Your new and strange teaching on Baptism is about 150 yrs old if that .
Mine is at least 1850 yrs old per the writings of the Apostolic Fathers. You embrace some guys opinion on this teaching.
1Cor.7

14] For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
[15] But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
[16] For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?
[17] But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.

Nothing about infant baptism.
Clay

United States

#428508 Mar 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay , you have said many times the catholic church was first and then the Bible. You have said the catholic church gave us the Bible. Then why not one record of an infant being baptized in an NT Book? Not one record Clay. You keep posting about 1500 years ago this and that...post the NT Book and verse Clay of an infant being baptized. Thanks
This is because when the Church decided on the NT canon, they chose only the writings of the Apostles that survived until the 4th century. They could have included the writings of the Apostolic fathers. After all, Clements epistles were read along with Pauls at the Mass.

Surely you can read the NT and see not every 'I' and 'T' is dotted and crossed concerning Christianity. Two letters Paul wrote are missing.

When the Apostle John verbally taught Ignatius and Polycarp, he was relaying the will of the Lord, even though John didn't have a court reporter writing his words verbatim.
Divine word WITHOUT being documented in writing is sacred and protected by the Holy Spirit. Its the Word of God. The Church has it and they taught it without error before anything was declared Biblical.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#428509 Mar 18, 2013
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
HoJO,
If we indeed adhere to "half truth", then we have been deceived into an entire lie,
For Messiah-Jesus is either 100% truth or 100% lie. Something to consider
The words of Jesus Christ ARE 100% TRUTH!!----- but your (bible only) heretical beliefs, teachings and ministries ARE NOT!!
Believing that Jesus Christ is the Messiah and was born, lived, died (crucified) and rose again is "ONLY" (1/2) of the TRUTH.....Preaching and claiming that the bible is the only source of truth, is a FALSE and distorted bible only Protestant (personal (editorialized) opinion)..... There is ABSOLUTELY no basis of biblical or historical truth to back this up!------FURTHERMORE--- to mis-quote, mis-represent and manipulate the TRUE, SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS of Jesus Christ HIMSELF in the Gospel of Matthew (regarding His One True Church and in the New Testament is (blantantly) FALSE, and "rejecting" HIS One True (Universal- heirarchical, authoritative and visible Catholic Church--in Acts 2- ALSO adds to--and is just (more) your FALSE "fundie Protestant divisions!..... Add to this (your DENIAL) of the words of Paul in Timothy 3:15 when he says: The Church (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH---and it becomes just another one of your bogus rejections of the TRUTH which (only expands and broadens) the range of FALSE teachings that you bible only "fundies" are so "famous for!"...... Put is ALL together and you have 42,000 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting Protestant (self-interpreting and "editorial opinionated" denominations that are 1/2 TRUTH, 1/2 HERESY (at best) Christians (man-made divisions of just more Protestant confusion and more chaos.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428510 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya ok. You guys are all shepherds too eh? You guys can all perform the sacraments yourselves huh?
I don't suppose you can tell me which one of you 'Priests' are speaking what Christ wills??
There is so many to choose from!
Hebrews 9:6 These preparations having thus been made, the priests go regularly into the first section, performing their ritual duties, 7 but into the second only the high priest goes, and he but once a year, and not without taking blood, which he offers for himself and for the unintentional sins of the people.

***The Epistle to the Hebrews speaks of
the high priesthood of Jesus by comparing his death and entry into heaven with the actions of the Jewish high priest who went into the Holy of Holies in the Tabernacle once a year with a blood offering for himself and for the sins of his people.

**Check this out Clay:

Hebrews 10:12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

***Like I told you Clay, we have Christ. There are no longer NT priests like your church says and of course since you belong to a cult and your thinking is clouded, you will deny everything I have posted.
Fun Facts

Bay City, MI

#428511 Mar 18, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The most ignorant contradictory beliefs among any calling themselves 'christian', that Bible only is not needed. The Bible is the word of God. Without the Bible you dont even know Jesus. At least some of your faith comes from the BIBLE where the history and witnesses accounts are passed down.
Also found in the BIBLE and even confirmed in the Catholic Catechism are at least nine of God's ten commandments the first which says HAVE NO OTHER GODS -- we are to follow ONLY God. This is done by study of what he has revealed in the books of the Bible.
No Church.
No Pope.
No priests.
We can study with all then "reprove all things" with the Bible.
You may have overlooked...

19Therefore, brothers, since through the blood of Jesus we have confidence of entrance into the sanctuarym

20* by the new and living way he opened for us through the veil,n that is, his flesh,

21* o and since we have “a great priest over the house of God,” 22let us approach with a sincere heart and in absolute trust, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience* and our bodies washed in pure water.p

23Let us hold unwaveringly to our confession that gives us hope, for he who made the promise is trustworthy.q
24We must consider how to rouse one another to love and good works.
25We should not stay away from our assembly,* as is the custom of some, but encourage one another, and this all the more as you see the day drawing near.r
http://www.usccb.org/bible/hebrews/10
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#428512 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is because when the Church decided on the NT canon, they chose only the writings of the Apostles that survived until the 4th century. They could have included the writings of the Apostolic fathers. After all, Clements epistles were read along with Pauls at the Mass.
Surely you can read the NT and see not every 'I' and 'T' is dotted and crossed concerning Christianity. Two letters Paul wrote are missing.
When the Apostle John verbally taught Ignatius and Polycarp, he was relaying the will of the Lord, even though John didn't have a court reporter writing his words verbatim.
Divine word WITHOUT being documented in writing is sacred and protected by the Holy Spirit. Its the Word of God. The Church has it and they taught it without error before anything was declared Biblical.
Clay you said the catholic church gave us the Bible. Surely there is a rcord of an infant being baptized because it is a huge part of catholic doctrine. Now show us the NT Book that records it. If you can't it's all heresy just like you been told. Thanks

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#428513 Mar 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
-
-
You are *true followers* of the pope....nothing more.
-
The pope said murder and torture heretics - CATHOLICS DID SO.
-
The pope said call priests Father - Catholics did so.
-
and you Catholics know how long this list of "following the pope" rather than following JESUS can be. we've showed it to you over and over.
~~~

Not only do they follow their pope in the above.

They disregard the Ten Commandments and bow down to icons statues icons and idols..made in the likenesses of corruptible human beings..

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God

into an image

made like to corruptible man, and

to birds, and

fourfooted beasts, and

creeping things.

____

Their Catechism is their standard instead of the Bible..

Ignoring the fact that when they stand before God;

it will be GOD'S WORD....THE BIBLE that they will be judged by....

not the conjecture of what they call their Holy Fathers....

nor of their POPES.

___

Only the Bible has the Holy Spirits inspiration and approval...

---

2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

2Ti 3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

2Ti 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2Ti 3:14 ---> But continue...

thou in the things which thou hast learned

and hast been assured of,

knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child

thou hast known the holy scriptures,

which are able to make thee wise unto salvation

through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and

is profitable for doctrine,

for reproof,

for correction,

for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect,

throughly furnished

unto all good works. <---

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Married in 8,302
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... Sun Barbarian 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Sep 19 Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Sep 18 Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••