Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649771 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#428715 Mar 19, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Ludicrous, Clay! How can you claim we have nothing in common with the original church when you can find NO scriptural difference in the church of Christ and the first century examples of the church we read about in scripture? Put up or shut up.
did the Apostles preach the faith by word of mouth and letter or not?
your answer should be 2thess 2:15.
So what traditions (this would be considered sacred) does your church of Christ practice to this day?
I showed you writings from the Disciples of the Apostles that show the Church taking shape. clement of Rome wrote his epistles while some of the Apostles were still alive. Others like Ignatius of Antioch spelled out the Christian faith as given verbally from the Apostles. A responsible Christian should be interested in what these men wrote.

your practices are based purely on what you guys see in scriptures through a 20th century lense. THAT Saban, is irresponsible.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428716 Mar 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on the info in my post and your response to it, I have no idea what you are asking me...
Your post to FM:

Free Mind wrote:
Again, Oxbow edits the Bible.
"Judge not ... " is nowhere to be found in the Oxbow Bible.
lmao

Oxbow wrote:
Not judging....simply showing you from Scripture what your words say about you...

The Word of God speaks of and your ilk...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

New Age writes:

So I asked you to post where I can see what you see about "fools".

Please post a link that shows evidence that the passage you reference is applicable to those individuals.

I don't believe you know who is a 'fool' and who is not, but will sure judge others as such (with this passage), because they don't believe like you.

You are foolish to think like this.

Live in love.

Albuquerque, NM

#428717 Mar 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Herein is your problem regards your inability to understand Scripture...
Quote: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
And yet you beleive the Bible, even when this passage clearly dictates that anything writen by men is foolishness.

Thank you fro proving yet again that Christianity is a fraud made for fools, like you.

But still.....you and all of Christendom think certain men were infallible.

*sighs*

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#428718 Mar 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If from my posts you understand that I are a Rabbi, you have a severe case of dysfunctional....
Well - you do quote alot of Jewish texts, inside of Jesus.

You are right, my sarcasm should not be posted.

Please stop misleading others with your personal interpretation of Jewish texts.

Albuquerque, NM

#428719 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
;o)
-
-
-
<quoted text>
-
guest *raises hand* and says, "I know the answer! NASL has a 'severe case of dysfunctional'.... self."
*points to guest*

Wrong. My Self is functioning just fine.

Wanna try again?

Albuquerque, NM

#428720 Mar 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you don't like Jews either? you hate Jesus? what's the interest in my post??
So-called "Christians" don't hate Jesus, they just don't believe what he taught.

That is the distinct difference between these two characteristics and how they apply it to Jesus.

United States

#428721 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
-
I'm happy to see you could not refute my assertion.
-
Your obvious error (to true Christians) here, disregards the fact that Christians ARE ALSO FROM *EVERY* NATION, and therefore "brothers" in the TRUTH:
Free Mind: "But the slaves they owned were from other nations, so the Bible says no problem."
-
so, yeah. The Bible (Word of God) DOES have a problem with it.
-
-
Free Mind wrote:
How could anyone even begin to refute an anonymous poster with infinite wisdom, who attacks and condemns Thomas Jefferson?
What's the point? When the Bible was written, Christians were from *every nation*--- except for one tiny problem.
That verse was written many centuries before Christianity even came into existence.
Awesome!
-
And YOU in your higher level of "infinite wisdom" attack and condemn me? a.k.a. an *anonymous poster*?
-
So. Let's get this straight. YOU are NOT an *anonymous poster* as well? Your Legal name is Free Mind? AWESOME! Nice to meet you, Mr. Mind!
-
Furthermore, it is quite easy to attack and condemn a complete hypocrite such as Thomas Jefferson - especially since he believed HE himself WAS in possession of such a high degree of infinite wisdom that he could re-write the Christian Greek Scriptures at will. For that I attack him.
-
He also thought it was OK to rape a slave woman and father children by her. For that I attack him. Jefferson's late wife did not want Thomas to remarry. Aw - she was jealous even in death! Therefore, since Thomas agreed to this, he could not have "legitimate' sex with a 'white' woman (married or not)- so he took his unwed slave into his bed. Perhaps Sally Hemings loved him given the circumstances of the day, but she bore him TWO children who were automatically members of the 'slave class'. Upon his death, he COULD have freed all of his slaves, but he chose to 'free' only two. His own children. He was the only presidential slave owner who DID NOT free his slaves upon his death. For that I attack him.
-
See what a AWESOME and FINE example of an "upstanding member of society" he was to his contemporary citizens?! For that, too, I attack him.
-
Finally: which specific verse are you referring to when you say, "That verse was written many centuries before Christianity even came into existence.", hmm? I'd like to know, so I can refute this statement of yours, as well.

United States

#428722 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
;o)
-
-
-
<quoted text>
-
guest *raises hand* and says, "I know the answer! NASL has a 'severe case of dysfunctional'.... self."
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
*points to guest*
Wrong. My Self is functioning just fine.
Wanna try again?
-
no. I don't need to. I've already shown you how you are all over the map and therefore, dysfunctional.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428723 Mar 19, 2013
710 638
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well where i am it's Tuesday march 19 2013 4:41 pm,with light rain and snow showers temps in the high 30's. what day is it where you are?
"4:41 pm,with light rain and snow showers temps in the high 30's" is not the day of the week!!!!

Location hidden

#428724 Mar 19, 2013
712 638
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>so how big is your farm? and when should we get together so i can get the deed?or you could buy it back? how big is it?
I was right...you don't know what day of the eek is today!!!

Location hidden

#428725 Mar 19, 2013
oops!!! week...

United States

#428726 Mar 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
you don't like Jews either? you hate Jesus? what's the interest in my post??
-
-
<quoted text>
So-called "Christians" don't hate Jesus, they just don't believe what he taught.
That is the distinct difference between these two characteristics and how they apply it to Jesus.
-
jethro8, NASL takes great joy in attacking others and will only show "interest" in their posts when he thinks he can attack them and not be refuted.

Albuquerque, NM

#428727 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
-
no. I don't need to. I've already shown you how you are all over the map and therefore, dysfunctional.
No you haven't, but you sure accused me of such.

Why don't you apply yourself and list those details that shows I am "dysfunctional".

I think you are just throwing out a ruse to everyone, for your own unfounded agenda.

So - how 'bout it, let me know what is wrong with me.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428728 Mar 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
did the Apostles preach the faith by word of mouth and letter or not?
your answer should be 2thess 2:15.
So what traditions (this would be considered sacred) does your church of Christ practice to this day?
I showed you writings from the Disciples of the Apostles that show the Church taking shape. clement of Rome wrote his epistles while some of the Apostles were still alive. Others like Ignatius of Antioch spelled out the Christian faith as given verbally from the Apostles. A responsible Christian should be interested in what these men wrote.
your practices are based purely on what you guys see in scriptures through a 20th century lense. THAT Saban, is irresponsible.
Luke 12:12 "for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.”

Luke 21:15 "For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict."

Keeping in mind that the above verses were addressed to the apostles and not to any disciples that would come after them...

2 Thessalonians 2:15 "So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter."

So, what is there within the words those men wrote that could explain the way your Catholic worship service looks like today? What is there within the words those men wrote that could explain the governmental hierarchy found over the Catholic church today. Do they explain why you would go to a confessional with a "priest" on the other side?

BTW, We don't practice "traditions". Traditions are man-made, right? If I could say we have traditions, I suppose at our local congregation our tradition would be at what time we meet each Sunday. It doesn't really matter what time we meet. It's not sacred. It's only important that we as members of the church do gather with other Christians to worship. The time of our meeting is not important, but I suppose one could say it is a tradition.

What is strictly adhered to is the practices we find in scripture and we do not strictly adhere to any practice that is not specifically spelled out in scripture.

I suppose to a Catholic that would be unscriptural, somehow!?!?

You mention the 20th Century lens... It the Word of God not timeless? Was the Holy Spirit unable to preserve it in a manner that could be understood by the common man that studies it?

United States

#428729 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
-
Jefferson Bible? The one where he removed a huge chunk of the written word?
-
Do you think he was a good *editor*? or do you think he was rather arrogant for believing he had the right re-write what had already been published?
-
Jefferson was a slave owner and in fact, fathered children with his slave girl named Sally Hemmings. I would think that would really mess with a president's head KNOWING your own children are born into slavery!? Jefferson wrote lofty documents speaking about freedom, and yet he owned SLAVES!
Owning slaves is not Christian! And, his documents on FREEDOM denied WOMEN the right to vote. Jefferson wasn't about freedom. He was about WHITE MALE SUPERIORITY and separating themselves from British rule, even while he denied women and Africans and Native Americans the rights he believed White Male Property owners deserved! AFTER having stolen that property from the Native Americans. Such hypocrisy.
-
-
jethro8 wrote:
guest,it was common practice by slave owners to impregnate female slaves so they wouldn't have to buy more,they just manufacture them you could say,and yes they are people with no honor or regard for human lives.
-
yeah. I know it was common practice - and most of them called themselves Christian. What an insult to Christ, huh? Just as the Catholic hierarchy insults Christ when they protect and shelter pedophiles.

Albuquerque, NM

#428730 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
jethro8, NASL takes great joy in attacking others and will only show "interest" in their posts when he thinks he can attack them and not be refuted.
Just like you are doing.

I see.

I'm still waiting on you to support your "attacks" upon me.

If you can take that foot out of you mouth, you may have a fighting chance.

Albuquerque, NM

#428731 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Funnyu - you sure sound like "geneD"

Is that really you? C'mon, be honest.

United States

#428732 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
-
<quoted text>
No you haven't, but you sure accused me of such.
Why don't you apply yourself and list those details that shows I am "dysfunctional".
I think you are just throwing out a ruse to everyone, for your own unfounded agenda.
So - how 'bout it, let me know what is wrong with me.
-
-
ruse? no. I'm not going to go back through hundreds of your posts to show you to be what you are. You are doing a fine job of it, even as we speak.
But, referring to one only example, you have attacked me for not adhering to non-Canonical texts and telling me that I don't believe in Christ since I only believe 1/2 of what he taught ... that which is recorded in the Bible.
How's that for a start?
There are more, and you've done this to everyone posting on this thread, at one time or another - then you do a flip-flop - and you call yourself a 'tolerant' new age spiritual leader? that's quite transparent, actually.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#428733 Mar 19, 2013
<quoted text>
How many times do I have to say it - I'm not a "Christian".
What part of this do you not understand?
To be a so-called "Christian", although it has never been defined fully, has been defined by various folks here and elsewhere.
How much of this definition applies, well, I can see one fundamentally sound description....that I don't believe....and that would be:
a. believes Jesus rose in bodily form from the dead.
Maybe you can define the aspects of my belief, since you think I am a "Christian". I'll tell you where you are right and where you are wrong.
But be aware - this forum is not about me, not is it about who is a so-called "Christian" and who is not. Its' about how the RCC claims to be the only church for salvation - in which I also disagree.
Lay it on me GiF!
~~~

You wrote...

How many times do I have to say it - I'm not a "Christian".

What part of this do you not understand?

~~~~

At least you are attempting to be honest for once...

Act_11:26 ..... the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Mar_8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luk_9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.

Pro_12:13 The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.

United States

#428734 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
-
<quoted text>
Funnyu - you sure sound like "geneD"
Is that really you? C'mon, be honest.
-
NO. not geneD. but by this post you are showing, once again, what you are. Someone who "thinks" they *know everything* and can even go so far as to call themselves a *Spiritual Leader*... a *New Age* one ... at that ... lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 23 hr swedenforever 46
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web