Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675561 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428660 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
-
We don't know if God got bored one day.
-
I don't think he created us to watch us suffer. I do believe there is a reason he has allowed this to go on for so long. I think the faith part is in our allowing ourselves to trust him.
Agreed. i think we're put on this earth to glorify Him.
MICHAEL

Canada

#428661 Mar 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever argue with your younger sibling, and they keep repeating 'la la la la I know you are but what em I, I know you are but what em I la la la"?
Then when you walk away, your younger sibling thinks they won the argument.
Well, that's why most of the Catholics left this forum. We're the mature ones who are interested in something called Truth. You guys are not. You're Ideologue conspiracy Christians. Or better yet: 911 UFO Government conspiracy Christians.
You believe how you believe and nothing will convince you otherwise.
Once you take off the ignorant blind fold, the Holy Spirit will an allowed to work in your life. Until then, God Bless.
.....The fundamental irony of Christianity ! The Bible, as we know it today, was collated by the pagan Roman emperor Constantine. It was all about power and agenda.

....Many scholars today claim that the early Church literally stole Jesus from His original followers. Christianity took the jew out of Jesus. They hijacked His human message, shrouded it in an impenetrable cloak of divinity, and using it to expand their own power and AGENDA.

They learned that INDOCTRINATION was the course to expand their agenada and followers. Mom and Dad catholic, the kids catholic too.......and so on.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428662 Mar 19, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican sent the revolution into Russia and imposed a generation of atheism upon the Orthodox people. Many of their priests were killed to find the right one to kiss the papal ring.
The Vatican vs the Orthodox
www.reformation.org/chapter3.html
www.reformation.org/vatican-against-orthodox-...
Today Rome's NWO rules east & west; see Daniel's statue chapter 2 ten toes on the east & west leg, began circa 1917.
www.geocities.ws/pitbeast/
"
The Vatican "sent the revolution into Russia?" Someone else said it was the Jews.

You are all wrong. It is the Albanians. DUH!!! If it's a grand conspiracy, wouldn't it be somebody NO ONE would expect? It can't be a secret conspiracy if everyone knows who it is. DUH!!!

No matter, the UFOs have landed -- the end is near.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428663 Mar 19, 2013
Pope Francis I wrote:
Your Pope extends his heart-felt Wishes and Blessings to ALL the Faithful who participated in person today in Your Pope's inauguration in Vatican City and to those who watched via the News Media.
Your Pope prays that may the Princes, Presidents, Sheiks, and other World Leaders take good care of their peoples together with their regional environments for the benefit of ALL mankind.
Your Pope reaches out to those in need, to the poor expecially, to the lame, the infirmed, the blind and the insane...and may the Peace and Joy of Our Lord Jesus Christ be in in their hearts Forever and Ever.
Let us pray.
Oh Lord, Who by Your Cross and Crucifixion, showed us the way to your Paradise. To be with You, with You being One in being with the Father and the Holy Spirit......the Holy Trinity...the foundation of our Faith within your Holy Roman Catholic Church.
Our Father, who arth in Heaven, hallowed by Thy Name.
God Bless you ALL.
Your Pope
Francis I
This Stan doesn't know anything about Popes.(open IP address lol)
MICHAEL

Canada

#428664 Mar 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What your comments "suggest to me" is that EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that you say is built and predicated upon "your own" anti-catholic hostility, vengeance and distorted "Protestant (made-up) history books. These Bogus "so-called facts", are NOTHING BUT (editorialized opinions) and just plain exaggerated "lies", which are "no different" than the "fundies" that (roam this forum) "desperately" looking for some uninformed, uneducated, gullable, non-thinking "prodigal son (rebellious) Catholic, to spread their "snake oil" (unbiblical) bible only ("relative truth" editorialized opinion. There is ONLY ONE TRUE, which has, is and will always be in Jesus Christ and His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church. Your bogus "personal opinions" mean "zilch" to me or ANY other Catholic on this forum!
...thousands of documents already existed chronicling His life as a mortal man. Christianity took the Jew out of Jesus, and highjacked him from Judeism to Christianity. To rewrite the history books, Constantine knew he would need a bold stroke...The earlier gospels were outlawed, gathered up and burned...Fortunately some of the [earliest] gospels ... survived.

......The Dead Sea Scrolls were found in the 1950's...and.. the Coptic Scrolls in 1945 at Nag Hammadi... confirming that the modern Bible was compiled and edited by men who possessed a political agenda...the modern Church's desire to suppress these documents is to keep the INDOCTRINATED believers in check.
youtube

AOL

#428666 Mar 19, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Clay

Garden City, MI

#428667 Mar 19, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It has to be Christ's! That is the answer to who's church it is. They don't belong to a man or anything else.
If you asked be what denomination I belonged to, I would tell you, "I'm a "member of 'the church'".
It has to be obvious who's it is if I claim to be a member of the church. Plus this would be scriptural with the 7 churches mentioned in Revelation. Each member in each church was a "member of THE church". or, if in Ephesus for instance, "I'm a member of THE church in Ephesus."
This goes right along with Rom. 16:16 and the obvious fact that the church belongs to Christ. It is His Bride. It is not to have some man's name on it.
Saban, I find it bizarre you and the other 'church of Christ' members would claim who you claim to be. Don't you know the word 'Catholic' is an adjective describing 'The Church'? It is a Greek word meaning "Universal". People in those seven Churches were members of the UNIVERSAL Church. It is only One Church.

Here is what the Disciple of the Apostle John said in about 95 AD.

"wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the CATHOLIC CHURCH."
Saban,'Church of Christ' is already taken. Maybe you guys can search the scriptures again, and find another name. You have nothing in common with the original Universal Church.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428668 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
-
well, your co-worker didn't read his Bible, now did he? or did he even look at church history?
He can fire off Bible verses with the best of em.
Yes, Church history is what leads most people into Catholicism. The Catholic Church are the only ones who can historically trace their lineage to Christ.
If you mean the Inquisition and the Crusades, well, I told you to go to the library and read some actual history on those things. You won't though. You're comfortably ignorant. You need to believe the Church tortured and murdered millions. That's the fuel that feeds your ignorance.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

#428669 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Jefferson Bible? The one where he removed a huge chunk of the written word?
-
Do you think he was a good *editor*? or do you think he was rather arrogant for believing he had the right re-write what had already been published?
-
Jefferson was a slave owner and in fact, fathered children with his slave girl named Sally Hemings. I would think that would really mess with a president's head KNOWING your own children are born into slavery!? Jefferson wrote lofty documents speaking about freedom, and yet he owned SLAVES!
Owning slaves is not Christian! And, his documents on FREEDOM denied WOMEN the right to vote. Jefferson wasn't about freedom. He was about WHITE MALE SUPERIORITY and separating themselves from British rule, even while he denied women and Africans and Native Americans the rights he believed White Male Property owners deserved! AFTER having stolen that property from the Native Americans. Such hypocrisy.
The un-biblical one writes... "Owning slaves is not Christian!"

Not according to the Bible, DUH.

Also, slave-owners in the South were 95% or more PROTESTANTS. The Catholic Church had denounced slavery as a sin by the time you folks fought to keep slavery.

The un-biblical one writes... "his documents on FREEDOM denied WOMEN the right to vote."

Read your Bible.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428670 Mar 19, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
...thousands of documents already existed chronicling His life as a mortal man. Christianity took the Jew out of Jesus, and highjacked him from Judeism to Christianity. To rewrite the history books, Constantine knew he would need a bold stroke...The earlier gospels were outlawed, gathered up and burned...Fortunately some of the [earliest] gospels ... survived.
......The Dead Sea Scrolls were found in the 1950's...and.. the Coptic Scrolls in 1945 at Nag Hammadi... confirming that the modern Bible was compiled and edited by men who possessed a political agenda...the modern Church's desire to suppress these documents is to keep the INDOCTRINATED believers in check.
Constantine didn't gather up Christian scriptures and burn them. His Predecessors did. Constantius I.
I don't know if you meant that or not...

Indeed, many Sacred writings were destroyed on February 24th 303 AD, when the most evil brutal crack down on Christianity took place. Every Church building in the Empire was destroyed; every writing they could get their hands on were burned. Countless Christians were Martyrd (pay attention 7th day, most early Christians believe the Book of Revelation is about this)
These fundies forget that most of the early life of Christ is not in the Bible. Neither is much of the life of Mary and Joseph. Even the Apostle Paul had at least two Epistles that were destroyed or lost.

Thankfully, Our Lord Jesus Christ started a Church not a Book.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#428671 Mar 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the born-agains who post here allow for gay marriages or gay lifestyles in their churches to be ok.
Is this because you are all bigots and don't think every American has a human right to happiness?

Or is because of what men have written 3500+ years ago and you still think that they apply to modern men?

Why do you continue with promoting hatred of others?

If this is what is to be a "Christian" - hate people for their personal belief - I'm glad I am not.

Self.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#428672 Mar 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus died for ALL, as His Love encompasses everyone---"however"
God's FULLNESS of His Grace, is manifested (only) IN and THROUGH His One True Catholic Church.,..You bible only Protestants, chose to "reject" that FULLNESS of His TRUTH, the FAITH and His GRACE, by your own "defiance and rebelliousness"!....You have chosen and continue to "wander (aimlessly) in the wilderness" condemning and and passing your (personal opinionated judgment" AGAINST THE TRUTH as you have for over 500 years, just like the Israelites did, for 40 years, during the time of Moses!..... However, you Protestants continue to "remain" our brothers and sisters in Christ, but not in the full unity,of the Faith, Truth and Grace that God originally and continues to "bestow" on those who believe, worship, follow and reside in the TRUE FAITH of our Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church. Thst is why, you (continue) to remain, and have chosen to do so---(on the outside) always looking in at the FULLNESS of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.
~~~

You wrote

"Jesus died for ALL, as His Love encompasses everyone---

"however"

You can just leave your "HOWEVER" out of it...

GOD'S PLAN O SALVATION INCLUDES...

"WHO-SO-EVER-WILL" MAY-COME!

Mat_7:24 Therefore -->whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Mat_10:32 --> Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Mat_10:33 But -->whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Mat_12:50 For -->whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Mat_16:25 For -->whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

NOTE HERE...WHOM THE ROCK IS...and it aint Peter ..
Mat_21:44 And -->whosoever shall fall on this stone/JESUS shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Mar_3:35 For -->whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Mar_8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them,-->Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mar_8:35 For -->whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Luk_9:24 For -->whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

-->HERE IS THE ROMAN CATHOLICS...THAT ATTEMPT TO PUT EVANGELICALS OUT OF GOD'S CHURCH<--
Joh_16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues:/church

yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Rev_22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say,....Come.

And

let him that heareth say,....Come.

And

let him that is athirst ...come.

And

--->whosoever will,

let him take the water of life freely.

Albuquerque, NM

#428673 Mar 19, 2013
saviorself wrote:
What a very strange argument to have. "Would Jesus call you a Christian if you were Catholic, or... if you were NOT a Catholic?" "Would your denomination really seem to matter to Him?" Isn't all that is important is that you hear and believe Him? and even "believe at what part? The part where He promises to Resurrect, or the part where the Bible promises that He is both virgin-born and sinless?" I don't think the Catholic Church is perfect, they have many, many worldly faults. Don't we all. Do not Baptists, Presbyterians, Mormons, Methodists, Buddhists, Hindus and about a thousand other different denominations and faiths have faults as well? I forget the passage, but, I seem to remember Jesus saying himself "whatsoever you to the least of my brothers, so you also do unto me." Maybe THAT'S the part that He really wanted us to hear, embrace and believe.
Self - the amazing side of life.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus

Thanks for reinforcing that which many refuse to accept, but will promote it in their own way.

Albuquerque, NM

#428674 Mar 19, 2013
youtube wrote:
100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =moaXuWJryu8XX
I thought Obama is the "anti-Christ".

Let's see, we have Pope Benedict, now Francis, but still in the mix is Obama.

I'm sure none of these individuals fit the true description, but only in the eyes of the scorn and uninformed.

*sighs*

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#428675 Mar 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this because you are all bigots and don't think every American has a human right to happiness?
Or is because of what men have written 3500+ years ago and you still think that they apply to modern men?
Why do you continue with promoting hatred of others?
If this is what is to be a "Christian" - hate people for their personal belief - I'm glad I am not.
Self.
If you are a Christian that you claim to be you will subscribe to what the Bible says...

You evidently want to do your own thing...

Pro_14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Pro_16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

---

OLD TESTAMENT.
Deu_23:18 Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a -->dog,<-- into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

-->DOG<-- DEFINED IN HEBREW AS USED IN DEW 23:18

DOG
H3611
&#1499;&#1468;&#15 00;&#1489;
keleb
keh'-leb
From an unused root meaning to yelp, or else to attack; a dog; hence (by euphemism) a male prostitute:- dog.

NEW TESTAMENT

Php_3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
Rev_22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428676 Mar 19, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The un-biblical one writes... "Owning slaves is not Christian!"
Not according to the Bible, DUH.
Also, slave-owners in the South were 95% or more PROTESTANTS. The Catholic Church had denounced slavery as a sin by the time you folks fought to keep slavery.
The un-biblical one writes... "his documents on FREEDOM denied WOMEN the right to vote."
Read your Bible.
First the Patriarch of the Eastern Orthodox attends a Papal installation Mass for the first time in 1,000 yrs...

THEN,
Free Mind says something decent about the Catholic Church (sorta)!!

The end is near!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#428677 Mar 19, 2013
Jews are a cancer wrote:
<quoted text>
While Christians turn the cheek & treat Jews as their neighbor to be loved.
Jews are taught about how WE the Gentile Goyim are made to only Serve the Jew.
How we as Gentile Goyim are there to be exploited to Jewish advantage.
I'm not religious,i'm a realist evolutionist,so how are we/you religious people serving the Jew? i work for an Irishman, st.patty's day is not apaid day off.this country is making a lot of money off the Jews supplying them with military weapons of all types,plus basic items as well, same as with our other middle eastern friends. and yes the Jewish people do seem to have a certain ability to make money,wish i had it,but hey what can you do,if they can make a buck,they have every right to do so,if it bothers you just stay away from Jewish owned stores etc.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428678 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
No, Clay.
Their "writings would be printed" so eventually we could know the TRUTH rather than the LIE.
This is what Christ meant when he said "The gates of hell will not prevail." He meant that the Word of God would ALWAYS be preserved so mankind would KNOW what the TRUTH is.
I can't imagine what the world would be like if the Bible had NOT been preserved.
That is ridiculous guest. Completely ridiculous.

Why can't you provide a verse that shows Jesus left us with a Bible instead of a Church??

Answer: Because He didn't and you know it. He never once commanded a Bible be compiled. He established a hierarchy that still exists.

once you stop pretending the Church murdered millions, maybe the Holy Spirit can take off your ignorant ear muffs.

usa

#428679 Mar 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Jefferson Bible? The one where he removed a huge chunk of the written word?
-
Do you think he was a good *editor*? or do you think he was rather arrogant for believing he had the right re-write what had already been published?
-
Jefferson was a slave owner and in fact, fathered children with his slave girl named Sally Hemmings. I would think that would really mess with a president's head KNOWING your own children are born into slavery!? Jefferson wrote lofty documents speaking about freedom, and yet he owned SLAVES!
Owning slaves is not Christian! And, his documents on FREEDOM denied WOMEN the right to vote. Jefferson wasn't about freedom. He was about WHITE MALE SUPERIORITY and separating themselves from British rule, even while he denied women and Africans and Native Americans the rights he believed White Male Property owners deserved! AFTER having stolen that property from the Native Americans. Such hypocrisy.
guest,it was common practice by slave owners to impregnate female slaves so they wouldn't have to buy more,they just manufacture them you could say,and yes they are people with no honor or regard for human lives.

usa

#428680 Mar 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What your comments "suggest to me" is that EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that you say is built and predicated upon "your own" anti-catholic hostility, vengeance and distorted "Protestant (made-up) history books. These Bogus "so-called facts", are NOTHING BUT (editorialized opinions) and just plain exaggerated "lies", which are "no different" than the "fundies" that (roam this forum) "desperately" looking for some uninformed, uneducated, gullable, non-thinking "prodigal son (rebellious) Catholic, to spread their "snake oil" (unbiblical) bible only ("relative truth" editorialized opinion. There is ONLY ONE TRUE, which has, is and will always be in Jesus Christ and His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church. Your bogus "personal opinions" mean "zilch" to me or ANY other Catholic on this forum!
how does your response have anything to do with what i posted? this don't make sense,it hurts the church,you can not defend the church because the story is true and factual so you go on one of your usual ridiculous rants and give no respectable answer.and i'm not anti-catholic,i just disagree with their false teachings,and their belief they are the true church,when it is a bold face lie,there is no evidence written anywhere in history outside of the RC/P church that it's true,if it was the whole world would know it and there would of been no reformation, Luther saw first hand what was going on and he was smart and got out,i can understand why,with all horrors the church committed over the last 2000 yrs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 10,518
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web