Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687223 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#428599 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should check that, Marge.
For one thing, everyone of yous keep your church affiliation secret.
It appears many Evangelical 'churches' already allow gay marriage. And yours eventually will too.
www.nbcnews.com/id/34493087/ns/us_news-faith/...
You hope we will all of a sudden start following the ways of the world after 2000 years of being Christians, but we won't.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428600 Mar 18, 2013

State of topic

Just a few diehard Catholics remain on the thread topic. The others fled long ago. The ones remaining have no interest in the truth about their Roman Church & Catholic faith.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428601 Mar 18, 2013
marge wrote:
You hope we will all of a sudden start following the ways of the world after 2000 years of being Christians, but we won't.

The Roman Church & empire have far bigger problems, from homosexual pedophile priests to the Biblical exposing of the roman harlot, the Church hemorrhages.
billy hill

Athens, OH

#428602 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
First time in almost 1,000 yrs that the head of the Eastern Orthodox Churches will attend a Papal investiture. The Holy Spirit is uniting the two lungs of the Church right before our eyes, starting with this historic visit from the Orthodox Patriarch.
www.usnews.com/news/world/article/2013/03/18/...
sorry clay b ut the Holy Spirit is NOT uniting these two churches. satan is doing that as it is the Will of God for not only that church but others to unite with your cult and then be destroyed by jesus Himself. good night.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428603 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
First time in almost 1,000 yrs that the head of the Eastern Orthodox Churches will attend a Papal investiture. The Holy Spirit is uniting the two lungs of the Church right before our eyes, starting with this historic visit from the Orthodox Patriarch.
www.usnews.com/news/world/arti

The Vatican sent the revolution into Russia and imposed a generation of atheism upon the Orthodox people. Many of their priests were killed to find the right one to kiss the papal ring.

The Vatican vs the Orthodox

www.reformation.org/chapter3.html
www.reformation.org/vatican-against-orthodox-...

Today Rome's NWO rules east & west; see Daniel's statue chapter 2 ten toes on the east & west leg, began circa 1917.

www.geocities.ws/pitbeast/
marge

Leesburg, GA

#428604 Mar 18, 2013
billy hill wrote:
<quoted text>sorry clay b ut the Holy Spirit is NOT uniting these two churches. satan is doing that as it is the Will of God for not only that church but others to unite with your cult and then be destroyed by jesus Himself. good night.
yep, Jesus even told us to watch.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428605 Mar 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my words...
Church of Christ is a Christian denomination....He built no denomination...
Proof: In Rev when He referred to the seven (7) churches...none were referred to as the Church of Christ!!!!
Definition of "church" in both Rev and Romans 16:16 : a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
There are no denominations listed as definitions of "church"...
Examining the church we read about in scripture, Who's church is It?

How do churches of Christ differ from the ones being spoken of in Rom. 16:16b?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#428606 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not allowed to dictate what is scriptural and what is not. You're Saban fan, you were born in the 20th century. You're way to late in the game to start changing Apostolic teachings.
For the record: yes all of us are Priests per scripture and per the teachings of the Holy Catholic Church.
Who allows someone to determine whether something is scriptural or not and who gives them the authority to do so?

If you ALL are priests why do you have priests that wear the cute little collars and sit in the confessionals to mediate between you and your High Priest and the High Priest's mom?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#428607 Mar 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
So you believe your (so called)...Church controls...has the franchise and monopoly on the Grace and Love of God...
Well,... you can tell God that when you stand before him in judgment
Do You actually believe That Jesus only died for your exclusive group...
and your religious charade is the only ones that God loves?
Some people are so narrow minded that a mosquito could set on their nose and kick them in both eyes as the same time...
Are you really that narrow minded?
Jesus died for ALL, as His Love encompasses everyone---"however"
God's FULLNESS of His Grace, is manifested (only) IN and THROUGH His One True Catholic Church.,..You bible only Protestants, chose to "reject" that FULLNESS of His TRUTH, the FAITH and His GRACE, by your own "defiance and rebelliousness"!....You have chosen and continue to "wander (aimlessly) in the wilderness" condemning and and passing your (personal opinionated judgment" AGAINST THE TRUTH as you have for over 500 years, just like the Israelites did, for 40 years, during the time of Moses!..... However, you Protestants continue to "remain" our brothers and sisters in Christ, but not in the full unity,of the Faith, Truth and Grace that God originally and continues to "bestow" on those who believe, worship, follow and reside in the TRUE FAITH of our Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church. Thst is why, you (continue) to remain, and have chosen to do so---(on the outside) always looking in at the FULLNESS of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428608 Mar 18, 2013
590 533 450 426
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like Balaam conversing with His donkey....
Num_22:28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
Num_22:29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
Num_22:30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee?
--->And he said, Nay. LOL
LMAO!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!

Location hidden

#428609 Mar 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "fundies" just keep "making it up" as you go along, distorting, misinterpreting and manipulating the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and TRUE authenticated and PROVEN Church History---in order to "make it mean" ONLY what you "want it to mean"! However----this comes as "no surprise" to any of us Catholics who know the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History and how the Early Church Christian followers of Jesus interpreted the word of God, from both oral and written Apostolic Traditions...... Since the beginning of the Reformation, over 500 years ago, EVERY ONE of your 42,000 contradicting Protestant denominations (beginning with Luther) have spread their (heretical) bible only (anti-Catholic) Propaganda, with "unbiblical" and self interpretation of the bible, that is nothing but "editorialized false doctrine" and "relative truth" --(whatever each person thinks is true) Christianity. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH---not 42,000 inconsistent "hodge-podge of bible only Protestant contradictions---and that TRUTH is, has and will ALWAYS BE in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church---which is the Bride of Christ!!
447 425

My post contains not "man-made" bible only (half-truth, half-heresy) Christianity! The source of the info is from your own pope approved Bible!!!!!

Your own pope's teaching that clearly says Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!

From your NABre pope approved Bible:
this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....
I added: The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....nor in the definition of ekklsia...

Plus further proof, from Scripture, that Christ found not the Catholic cult: In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, not one did He refer to as "Catholic". This was years after His ascension into Heaven...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#428610 Mar 18, 2013
We're not 'looking' at you at all Hojo as we keep our eyes on Jesus,... and we would like that you would join us.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#428611 Mar 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't that bother you that some here can't greet you with a brotherly kiss yet?

You know some of us believe the 'One Baptism' mentioned in Scripture has zero to do with water.

We're not sure you had that Baptism from above yet.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428612 Mar 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
Who allows someone to determine whether something is scriptural or not and who gives them the authority to do so?

There is no authority on earth. Our relationship is between us and Christ with no mediatrix.

The word of God is to reprove all false doctrine be it from Rome or anyone else.

Location hidden

#428613 Mar 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture does not tell who's church Christ referred to in Rev...He referred to them as:
the church of Ephesus
the church in Smyrna
the church in Pergamos
the church in Thyatira
the church in Sardis
the church in Philadelphia
the church of the Laodiceans

Romans 16:16 identifies the churches mention as :the churches of Christ.

Based on the definition of the word church, it can be understood that in both Chapters, the congregations where of a religious nature...most probably Jewish synagogues.

Why do I say that?? Because Christ and His apostles (except one) were Jewish...
Anonymous

Brewster, NY

#428614 Mar 18, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no authority on earth. Our relationship is between us and Christ with no mediatrix.
The word of God is to reprove all false doctrine be it from Rome or anyone else.
'

What about Israel where they insult Christ as a Gorilla on Israeli TV!?

&li st=LLjfl5iHCo2MAXkaFOahNGTw
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428615 Mar 18, 2013
Jews are a cancer wrote:
'
What about Israel where they insult Christ as a Gorilla on Israeli TV!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qNMFZZOOZLgXX&list=LLjfl5 iHCo2MAXkaFOahNGTw

They are not the biblical israel any longer if that was the question. All other religions do not recognize Jesus. The Jews are no different than any others in rejecting Jesus as Christ. Where any other religion causes a problem is if they are violent as Rome & Islam have a history.

United States

#428616 Mar 18, 2013
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428617 Mar 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Scripture does not tell who's church Christ referred to in Rev...He referred to them as:
the church of Ephesus
the church in Smyrna
the church in Pergamos
the church in Thyatira
the church in Sardis
the church in Philadelphia
the church of the Laodiceans
Romans 16:16 identifies the churches mention as :the churches of Christ.
Based on the definition of the word church, it can be understood that in both Chapters, the congregations where of a religious nature...most probably Jewish synagogues.
Why do I say that?? Because Christ and His apostles (except one) were Jewish...

Those were real churches too. They are on the map!

United States

#428618 Mar 18, 2013
guest wrote:
I clicked on the link. YIKES!
-
<quoted text>
-
-
And Jesus' word at Matthew 23:9; "Call No Man Father." is worth NOTHING to the Catholic.
zip
zilch
zero
nada
But,
"Call Priests and Pope Father." well that gets traction because the POPE OBVIOUSLY HAS MORE CLOUT, HERE ON EARTH, THAN DOES GOD. Who knew?
-
do they not realize they are calling Jesus a LIAR when they say it's OK to call priests "Father"? in essence committing the unforgivable sin. Calling Jesus a LIAR makes null his promise of the Helper coming.
http://bible.cc/john/16-7.htm
-
-
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Its you who would be committing the sin by going against what the Apostles taught. You think Christ can't see you deliberately isolating a verse?
Your hands ain't washed just because you're playing stupid by hiding behind 'call no man father' or 'thou shall not make unto thee any graven images'. You're the perfect example why the Church forbids private interpretations of sacred scripture. You went Awol with it, guess. Compounds across the world are filled with morons who don't know how to read the Bible.
The children trapped in that lifestyle brings tears to my eyes..
-
-
You see me *hiding* behind ... "call no man father"?
no.
I see me standing up and *obeying* a direct command of Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Tue Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web