Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701720 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#428580 Mar 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you find the Word of God?
~~~
When you meet Jesus you meet the word of God...PERSONIFIED/face on...
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:14 --> And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
~~~

WHEN ONE RECEIVES COMMUNION ..

He ingest JESUS CHRIST the word of God MADE FLESH ....into His Spirit.

Jesus the WORD OF GOD... is the express image of God's person.
Clay

United States

#428581 Mar 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
They have pulled the wool over your eyes, Clay.
All Christians are priests:
1 Peter 2:5
1 Peter 2:9
Revelation 1:6
Jesus Christ is our high Priest:
Hebrews 4:14-16
Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
When one obeys the gospel of Christ, he is added to the body of Christ and is thereby part of God's holy priesthood. As priests, all can offer up spiritual sacrifices and draw nigh to God through the mediatorship of Jesus.
A sacrificing priesthood of men was indeed appointed under the law of Moses, but the animal sacrifices offered by the priests of the Old Testament were mere types and shadows of the one sacrifice made by Christ. By the one sacrifice made by Jesus, He put an end both to the Levitical priesthood and the Old Testament law.
Hebrews 7:23-25
Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
Colossians 2:14-17
having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
sacrificing priesthood of men was indeed appointed under the law of Moses, but the animal sacrifices offered by the priests of the Old Testament were mere types and shadows of the one sacrifice made by Christ. By the one sacrifice made by Jesus, He put an end both to the Levitical priesthood and the Old Testament law.
Hebrews 7:23-25
Jesus is now at the right hand of God and ever lives to make intercession for His people.
Hebrews 9:24
Through the one sacrifice of Himself, He became the sole mediator through which men have access to God.
1 Timothy 2:5
Hebrews 7:26-27
Ephesians 2:18
Hebrews 5:8-9
There is no priesthood on earth that has the right to forbid each Christian to go directly to God through Christ, or to assume the authority to administer graces and obtain mercy for others. All Christians are of that royal priesthood of God, and have but one great High Priest, Jesus Christ.
Why, Clay, if you’re a Christian, would you continue to recognize the “priest” and call him “father”? It’s unscriptural, Clay.
You're not allowed to dictate what is scriptural and what is not. You're Saban fan, you were born in the 20th century. You're way to late in the game to start changing Apostolic teachings.

For the record: yes all of us are Priests per scripture and per the teachings of the Holy Catholic Church.

Location hidden

#428582 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Some remarks are so dense they are not worth giving a a response to....
I'll just leave it to you to guess.
Interpreted to mean: You are right...can't refute the truth...nor accept it...so I pass"...

Location hidden

#428583 Mar 18, 2013
533 450 426
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Why get angry?
You claim to put your money on a "sure thing" -- but then you ignore what the sure thing says about money and possessions.
DUH!!! And you call my post asinine?
If you were so "sure," wouldn't you do what Jesus said to do in order to follow him more perfectly?
Of course you would. But you are not THAT sure.
It's the Bible buffet. Ignore the things you want to ignore and embrace whatever tickles your fancy.
So I ask again, where do you find this Word of God buffet? Certainly not in the Christian Bible.
Me angry???? Nay nay!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

#428584 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
~~~

FAITH COMES BY HEARING JESUS...AND BELIEVING HIS WORD....

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

~~~~

Rom_14:23 .......... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Location hidden

#428585 Mar 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you find the Word of God?
~~~
When you meet Jesus you meet the word of God...PERSONIFIED/face on...
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 --> And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
You did not answer his question: Where do you find the Word of God?

Where: At or in what place: Where is the telephone?

Location hidden

#428586 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
His question was and still is: Where do you find the Word of God?

Location hidden

#428587 Mar 18, 2013
Catholic origin...continuated

Constantine found that with the Roman Empire being so vast, expansive, and diverse, not everyone would agree to forsake his or her religious beliefs to embrace Christianity. So, Constantine allowed, and even promoted, the “Christianization” of pagan beliefs. Completely pagan and utterly unbiblical beliefs were given new “Christian” identities. Some clear examples of this are as follows:

(1) The Cult of Isis, an Egyptian mother-goddess religion, was absorbed into Christianity by replacing Isis with Mary. Many of the titles that were used for Isis, such as “Queen of Heaven,”“Mother of God,” and theotokos (“God-bearer”) were attached to Mary. Mary was given an exalted role in the Christian faith, far beyond what the Bible ascribes to her, in order to attract Isis worshippers to a faith they would not otherwise embrace. Many temples to Isis were, in fact, converted into temples dedicated to Mary. The first clear hints of Catholic Mariology occur in the writings of Origen, who lived in Alexandria, Egypt, which happened to be the focal point of Isis worship.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#428588 Mar 18, 2013
What a very strange argument to have. "Would Jesus call you a Christian if you were Catholic, or... if you were NOT a Catholic?" "Would your denomination really seem to matter to Him?" Isn't all that is important is that you hear and believe Him? and even "believe at what part? The part where He promises to Resurrect, or the part where the Bible promises that He is both virgin-born and sinless?" I don't think the Catholic Church is perfect, they have many, many worldly faults. Don't we all. Do not Baptists, Presbyterians, Mormons, Methodists, Buddhists, Hindus and about a thousand other different denominations and faiths have faults as well? I forget the passage, but, I seem to remember Jesus saying himself "whatsoever you to the least of my brothers, so you also do unto me." Maybe THAT'S the part that He really wanted us to hear, embrace and believe.
youtube

AOL

#428589 Mar 18, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

#428590 Mar 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
533 450 426
<quoted text>
Me angry???? Nay nay!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!
You sound like Balaam conversing with His donkey....

Num_22:28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

Num_22:29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.

Num_22:30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee?

--->And he said, Nay. LOL
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#428591 Mar 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
447 425
<quoted text>
My post contains not "man-made" bible only (half-truth, half-heresy) Christianity! The source of the info is from your own pope approved Bible!!!!!
Your own pope's teaching that clearly says Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!
From your NABre pope approved Bible:
this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....
I added: The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....nor in the definition of ekklsia...
Plus further proof, from Scripture, that Christ found not the Catholic cult: In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, not one did He refer to as "Catholic". This was years after His ascension into Heaven...
You "fundies" just keep "making it up" as you go along, distorting, misinterpreting and manipulating the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and TRUE authenticated and PROVEN Church History---in order to "make it mean" ONLY what you "want it to mean"! However----this comes as "no surprise" to any of us Catholics who know the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History and how the Early Church Christian followers of Jesus interpreted the word of God, from both oral and written Apostolic Traditions...... Since the beginning of the Reformation, over 500 years ago, EVERY ONE of your 42,000 contradicting Protestant denominations (beginning with Luther) have spread their (heretical) bible only (anti-Catholic) Propaganda, with "unbiblical" and self interpretation of the bible, that is nothing but "editorialized false doctrine" and "relative truth" --(whatever each person thinks is true) Christianity. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH---not 42,000 inconsistent "hodge-podge of bible only Protestant contradictions---and that TRUTH is, has and will ALWAYS BE in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church---which is the Bride of Christ!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#428592 Mar 18, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
How ridiculous can these atheists get?
A group of them have launched suit against the US government, demanding to have 'IN GOD WE TRUST' removed from its currency.
They can get a whole lot more ridiculous than what their doing now without a doubt. That's why it's important to put them in their place as second rate citizens in a country where God is still #1.

#428593 Mar 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "fundies" just keep "making it up" as you go along, distorting, misinterpreting and manipulating the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and TRUE authenticated and PROVEN Church History---in order to "make it mean" ONLY what you "want it to mean"! However----this comes as "no surprise" to any of us Catholics who know the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History and how the Early Church Christian followers of Jesus interpreted the word of God, from both oral and written Apostolic Traditions...... Since the beginning of the Reformation, over 500 years ago, EVERY ONE of your 42,000 contradicting Protestant denominations (beginning with Luther) have spread their (heretical) bible only (anti-Catholic) Propaganda, with "unbiblical" and self interpretation of the bible, that is nothing but "editorialized false doctrine" and "relative truth" --(whatever each person thinks is true) Christianity. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH---not 42,000 inconsistent "hodge-podge of bible only Protestant contradictions---and that TRUTH is, has and will ALWAYS BE in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church---which is the Bride of Christ!!
~~~

So you believe your (so called)...Church controls...has the franchise and monopoly on the Grace and Love of God...

Well,... you can tell God that when you stand before him in judgment

Do You actually believe That Jesus only died for your exclusive group...
and your religious charade is the only ones that God loves?

Some people are so narrow minded that a mosquito could set on their nose and kick them in both eyes as the same time...

Are you really that narrow minded?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#428594 Mar 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Who you talking to StarC? None of the born-agains who post here allow for gay marriages or gay lifestyles in their churches to be ok.
Mark my word. If you're still alive in 50 yrs, you can say you heard it first from Clay on Topix in 2013

Your grandkids will also declare themselves Ministers and they will begin to allow gay marriage. Bet?
You guys are a doctrinal mess, and nothing can stop the train wreck you all have started.

BTW, the Eastern Orthodox Patriarchs will attend Pope Francis's installation Mass.
Its only a matter of time before our Orthodox brothers and sisters will once again be united with the Bishop of Rome. Its God's will.
The rest of ya will still be scrambling around beating each other over the head with scripture verses; vying for authority on our Sacred Scriptures!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#428595 Mar 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Who you talking to StarC? None of the born-agains who post here allow for gay marriages or gay lifestyles in their churches to be ok.
I think you should check that, Marge.

For one thing, everyone of yous keep your church affiliation secret.

It appears many Evangelical 'churches' already allow gay marriage. And yours eventually will too.
www.nbcnews.com/id/34493087/ns/us_news-faith/...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#428596 Mar 18, 2013
First time in almost 1,000 yrs that the head of the Eastern Orthodox Churches will attend a Papal investiture. The Holy Spirit is uniting the two lungs of the Church right before our eyes, starting with this historic visit from the Orthodox Patriarch.

www.usnews.com/news/world/article/2013/03/18/...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#428597 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
You sound like Balaam conversing with His donkey....
Num_22:28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
Num_22:29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
Num_22:30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee?
--->And he said, Nay. LOL
LOL:)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#428598 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark my word. If you're still alive in 50 yrs, you can say you heard it first from Clay on Topix in 2013
Your grandkids will also declare themselves Ministers and they will begin to allow gay marriage. Bet?
You guys are a doctrinal mess, and nothing can stop the train wreck you all have started.
BTW, the Eastern Orthodox Patriarchs will attend Pope Francis's installation Mass.
Its only a matter of time before our Orthodox brothers and sisters will once again be united with the Bishop of Rome. Its God's will.
The rest of ya will still be scrambling around beating each other over the head with scripture verses; vying for authority on our Sacred Scriptures!
No Claypool, the truth has not changed nor will we.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#428599 Mar 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should check that, Marge.
For one thing, everyone of yous keep your church affiliation secret.
It appears many Evangelical 'churches' already allow gay marriage. And yours eventually will too.
www.nbcnews.com/id/34493087/ns/us_news-faith/...
You hope we will all of a sudden start following the ways of the world after 2000 years of being Christians, but we won't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' 7 hr Magic Utah Uwear 8
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... 17 hr Magic Utah Uwear 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 19 Married in 10,772
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr 24 C Kersey 1
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr '18 Wisdom of Ages 1