Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683941 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#428399 Mar 17, 2013
guest wrote:
I clicked on the link. YIKES!
-
<quoted text>
-
-
And Jesus' word at Matthew 23:9; "Call No Man Father." is worth NOTHING to the Catholic.
zip
zilch
zero
nada
But,
"Call Priests and Pope Father." well that gets traction because the POPE OBVIOUSLY HAS MORE CLOUT, HERE ON EARTH, THAN DOES GOD. Who knew?
-
do they not realize they are calling Jesus a LIAR when they say it's OK to call priests "Father"? in essence committing the unforgivable sin. Calling Jesus a LIAR makes null his promise of the Helper coming.
http://bible.cc/john/16-7.htm
-
-
Clay wrote:
Lol. Its you who would be committing the sin by going against what the Apostles taught. You think Christ can't see you deliberately isolating a verse?
Your hands ain't washed just because you're playing stupid by hiding behind 'call no man father' or 'thou shall not make unto thee any graven images'. You're the perfect example why the Church forbids private interpretations of sacred scripture. You went Awol with it, guess. Compounds across the world are filled with morons who don't know how to read the Bible.
The children trapped in that lifestyle brings tears to my eyes..
-
-
LOL? this isn't funny. not really.
-
YOU call it HIDING BEHIND call no man father.
-
I call it LISTENING TO THE GREAT TEACHER, AND OBEYING HIM.
-
-
Jesus Christ HIMSELF said, "Call No Man Father." he meant it.
-
YOUR going DIRECTLY AGAINST what Jesus said, is as private an interpretation as you can get...
-
You can't possibly explain how obeying Jesus' plain and simple command is 'private interpretation'...
-
while going DIRECTLY AGAINST His words, is not 'private interpretation'.
-
I doubt you will even try.
-
Perhaps you'd understand better if he said, "DO NOT drink the poison water."
-
Then, when priests commanded you to DRINK the poison water ANYWAYS, you'd learn the reason for listening to Jesus instead.
-
See? priests can lie to you straight faced and you don't believe they are lying. That is what cult leaders do. They Lie. Jesus did NOT lie.
-
JESUS SAID NOT TO DO IT.
PRIESTS & POPE SAID DO IT.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#428400 Mar 17, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Well allow me to take the statement you replied to, which you say is opinion, and put scripture references to it from the Word of God:
...and only one church (Eph. 4:4-5) that Christ built and is the cornerstone of (Eph. 2:20), that the Apostles we read about in scripture are the foundation (Eph. 2:20). It is built on the rock or confession that Jesus Christ is the Son of God (Matt. 16:13-18). That would make two separate churches therefore one by definition HAS to be a denomination. All of the things I will do and practice and see this morning will have scriptural evidence to confirm the activities were in fact a part of the first century church we read about (We find examples in the NT after the church was established at Pentecost in Acts 2 of singing of hymns, prayers, teaching from scripture, The Lord's Supper, baptism (repenting and confessing too) and the giving of our means all mentioned as parts of our worship).
This is more of your "made-up" self-interpretation (or mis-interpretation of the bible which you have become an "expert at"! There is NOT ONE TRUE Church History historian, or Apologistic author or writer (either Catholic or Protestant) that would "agree" with ANY of the anti-catholic Protestant"propaganda " that you "fundies" invent, editorialize or just plain "make up" regarding Jesus Christ and what the entire New Testament "actually says" regarding Our Lords One AND ONLY) True (Universal) Church!!
You bible only "buffoons" manipulate and distort Jesus Words in Matthew 16:13-21----You twist and pervert the scriptures in Acts 2 with regard to the (heirarchical, authoritative and visible Church with is described in Acts 2 as being headed by Bishops, priests, elders and deacons.--- you alter,deform and mis-represent the TRUTH of TRUE Church History from Jesus Christs first Church at Antioch down through ALL of Churches in Pauls letters to Thessalonica, Ephesus, Galatia, Collosus, Corinth and on and on that were ALL authoritative, ALL heirarchical and ALL visible, directed by the Apostles---and finally you "twist" the words of Jesus HIMSELF in John 6:37-49 regarding the Eucharist (Jesus' OWN TRUE body and TRUE blood!----Why don't you send your above comments to your nearest local newspaper and they will put them in the "editorial section" on some back page in a obscure "corner" and then in the "trash can" where they belong! Yes!!! more of your Protestant "propaganda' bible and history distorted interpretations and "made-up" opinions is about all credibility "if any" that you and your other 42,000 contradicting denominations of (half-truth Christianity) have going for you. YOU MY FRIEND--CAN HAVE IT!!! IT IS ALL YOURS!! I was "feed and indoctrinated" into this distorted bible only (so-called Christianity for over 35 years! It is "full of disortions, lies and deceit"!!!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428401 Mar 17, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed there was a certain itinerary. We do know they met on the first day of the week and we do know that they were given instructions from Paul and others. I follow the instructions and I do not follow anthing they did not instruct.
You cannot say the same.
I'm glad you guys meet on the first day of the week. Sunday, the Lords day.
Remember Saban, this forum is us Catholics defending our faith from every possible accusation available to you guys. In the process, we inadvertently have to remind you guys of certain errors. I don't want to ever take Christ away from y'all. Whatever form of worship, you're doing it out of love for Him.
Like I said, we are forced to 'matter of factly' reveal the falsehoods you guys believe about us. Normally that's a good thing, but obviously we can see the venom and hate come alive from many of ya, as a result.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428402 Mar 17, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
LOL? this isn't funny. not really.
-
YOU call it HIDING BEHIND call no man father.
-
I call it LISTENING TO THE GREAT TEACHER, AND OBEYING HIM.
-
-
Jesus Christ HIMSELF said, "Call No Man Father." he meant it.
-
YOUR going DIRECTLY AGAINST what Jesus said, is as private an interpretation as you can get...
-
You can't possibly explain how obeying Jesus' plain and simple command is 'private interpretation'...
-
while going DIRECTLY AGAINST His words, is not 'private interpretation'.
-
I doubt you will even try.
-
Perhaps you'd understand better if he said, "DO NOT drink the poison water."
-
Then, when priests commanded you to DRINK the poison water ANYWAYS, you'd learn the reason for listening to Jesus instead.
-
See? priests can lie to you straight faced and you don't believe they are lying. That is what cult leaders do. They Lie. Jesus did NOT lie.
-
JESUS SAID NOT TO DO IT.
PRIESTS & POPE SAID DO IT.
Jesus also told us to pluck out our eyes if it causes us to sin. I'm surprised you can see your keyboard.

'call no man father' wasn't a literal command. It was in reference to the scribes of the day who enjoyed and took advantage of the perks they gave themselves for being Rabbis. They were hypocrites. Christ was using something called 'hyperbole' which is an exaggeration or 'making an extravagant statement to get your point across.
When the Apostle Paul called Timothy 'my Son' you can be sure as the sky is blue, that Timothy in turn, called Paul 'father'. This is the language, guest. It would have been disrespectful for Timothy to not call Paul 'father' when Paul called him son.
Fun Facts

United States

#428403 Mar 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on!!!!
You don't believe your own pope's teaching that clearly says Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!
From your NABre pope approved Bible:
this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....
I added: The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....nor in the definition of ekklsia...
Plus further proof, from Scripture, that Christ found not the Catholic"..." : In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, not one did He refer to as "Catholic". This was years after His ascension into Heaven...
you may have overlooked...

"[A]ll the people wondered that there should be such a difference between the unbelievers and the elect, of whom this most admirable Polycarp was one, having in our own times been an apostolic and prophetic teacher, and bishop of the Catholic Church which is in Smyrna. For every word that went out of his mouth either has been or shall yet be accomplished." Martyrdom of Polycarp, 16:2 (A.D. 155)."
Questions?

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/the_church.h...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#428404 Mar 17, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
"[A]ll the people wondered that there should be such a difference between the unbelievers and the elect, of whom this most admirable Polycarp was one, having in our own times been an apostolic and prophetic teacher, and bishop of the Catholic Church which is in Smyrna. For every word that went out of his mouth either has been or shall yet be accomplished." Martyrdom of Polycarp, 16:2 (A.D. 155)."
Questions?
Have no interest in what dead Holycrap has to say...Nothing that he says is based on Scripture...

Location hidden

#428405 Mar 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The House of God, which is His Son Jesus Christs' One True Catholic Church, is built upon the TRUE foundation of Jesus Christ HIMSELF..... Your bible only "editorial (half-truth, half-heresy Christianity is built upon "each "fundies" own personal" foundation of "bible verses", which "adds up to" 42,000 different Protestant interpretations, that are just "man-made" denominations beginning with 1) Martin Luther 2) Zwingli, 3) Hus, 4) Wycliff, 5) Calvin, 6) Hedio, 7)Petri, 8)Cranmer, 9) Knox, 10) Flacius-------all the way down to---- 42,131. Confrinting, 42,132. justachristian1, 42,133 Orville, 42,134. Oxbox and on and on and on and on ------ALL contradicting each other, ALL editorializing the bible, ALL just "making it up" as they go along----ALL of which are contradicting to each other and ALL of which are inconsistent, conflicting denominations that are "man-made" Christian denominations!!!....... Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church is the ONLY CHURCH that was instituted, formed, established and founded by Jesus Christ HIMSELF!(there is no other)!!
You don't believe your own pope's teaching that clearly says Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!

this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....

I added: The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....nor in the definition of ekklsia...

Plus further proof, from Scripture, that Christ found not the Catholic cult: In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, not one did He refer to as "Catholic". This was years after His ascension into Heaven...
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428406 Mar 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
Yes!!! more of your Protestant "propaganda' bible and history distorted interpretations and "made-up" opinions is about all credibility "if any" that you and your other 42,000 contradicting denominations of (half-truth Christianity) have going for you.

Many denominations does not make the RC right.

RC does not belong on the list at all since they use other books not inspired by the apostles.

42,000 im not a member of any.

All who protests the beast in Rome and follow Jesus only are God's people saints and have not the mark of the beast.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#428407 Mar 17, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
Questions?

Complete fabrication you wont find in any original source documents since Constantine did not accept Catholicism until the 4th century.

The Nazarenes are well documented however.

Even finding Catholic practices at that time in the 2nd century only means error had already began as the apostle Paul said antichrist was at work already at his writing. We go by the Bible for doctrine and nothing else (history then confirms).

Location hidden

#428408 Mar 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is more of your "made-up" self-interpretation (or mis-interpretation of the bible which you have become an "expert at"! There is NOT ONE TRUE Church History historian, or Apologistic author or writer (either Catholic or Protestant) that would "agree" with ANY of the anti-catholic Protestant"propaganda " that you "fundies" invent, editorialize or just plain "make up" regarding Jesus Christ and what the entire New Testament "actually says" regarding Our Lords One AND ONLY) True (Universal) Church!!
You bible only "buffoons" manipulate and distort Jesus Words in Matthew 16:13-21----You twist and pervert the scriptures in Acts 2 with regard to the (heirarchical, authoritative and visible Church with is described in Acts 2 as being headed by Bishops, priests, elders and deacons.--- you alter,deform and mis-represent the TRUTH of TRUE Church History from Jesus Christs first Church at Antioch down through ALL of Churches in Pauls letters to Thessalonica, Ephesus, Galatia, Collosus, Corinth and on and on that were ALL authoritative, ALL heirarchical and ALL visible, directed by the Apostles---and finally you "twist" the words of Jesus HIMSELF in John 6:37-49 regarding the Eucharist (Jesus' OWN TRUE body and TRUE blood!----Why don't you send your above comments to your nearest local newspaper and they will put them in the "editorial section" on some back page in a obscure "corner" and then in the "trash can" where they belong! Yes!!! more of your Protestant "propaganda' bible and history distorted interpretations and "made-up" opinions is about all credibility "if any" that you and your other 42,000 contradicting denominations of (half-truth Christianity) have going for you. YOU MY FRIEND--CAN HAVE IT!!! IT IS ALL YOURS!! I was "feed and indoctrinated" into this distorted bible only (so-called Christianity for over 35 years! It is "full of disortions, lies and deceit"!!!
The following is not "made-up" self-interpretation (or mis-interpretation of the bible which I have become an "expert at"!
This is based on your Bible, which, evidently you don't believe!!!!

Your own pope teaches, clearly, that Christ did not build a Catholic Church!!!!

Plus further proof, from Scripture, that Christ found not the Catholic cult: In Rev, when He referred to the seven (7) churches, not one did He refer to as "Catholic". This was years after His ascension into Heaven...
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428410 Mar 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no interest in what dead Holycrap has to say...Nothing that he says is based on Scripture...
How can any of us understand such ridiculous ignorance from you??
At what point is someone not considered a Christian, because They've embraced and entwined so much ignorance with their faith?

Any normal person who truly loves Jesus will cease being a deliberate moron. And be interested in the actual teachings of the Apostles and NOT what you THINK they taught.
I get the fact that you need to embrace ignorance to survive.. How else can your theology exist, but to play stupid?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#428411 Mar 17, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Complete fabrication you wont find in any original source documents since Constantine did not accept Catholicism until the 4th century.
Even finding Catholic practices at that time in the 2nd century only means error had already began as the apostle Paul said antichrist was at work already at his writing. We go by the Bible for doctrine and nothing else (history then confirms).
You really think Christ started a faith that was completely secret? Hidden for centuries until the Bible was printed for fools to interpret their own meaning on His Ministry??

Location hidden

#428412 Mar 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus also told us to pluck out our eyes if it causes us to sin. I'm surprised you can see your keyboard.
'call no man father' wasn't a literal command. It was in reference to the scribes of the day who enjoyed and took advantage of the perks they gave themselves for being Rabbis. They were hypocrites. Christ was using something called 'hyperbole' which is an exaggeration or 'making an extravagant statement to get your point across.
When the Apostle Paul called Timothy 'my Son' you can be sure as the sky is blue, that Timothy in turn, called Paul 'father'. This is the language, guest. It would have been disrespectful for Timothy to not call Paul 'father' when Paul called him son.
It was a literal command.....

The term "father" denotes authority, eminence, superiority, a right to command, and a claim to particular respect. In is in that sense it is used here. In this sense it belongs eminently to God, and it is not right to give it to men.

But....the Catholics say, "What does God know??? As a matter of fact, calling the pope Holy Father, is acknowledging his authority, eminence, his superiority, his right to command, and a claim to particular respect."

Location hidden

#428413 Mar 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How can any of us understand such ridiculous ignorance from you??
At what point is someone not considered a Christian, because They've embraced and entwined so much ignorance with their faith?
Any normal person who truly loves Jesus will cease being a deliberate moron. And be interested in the actual teachings of the Apostles and NOT what you THINK they taught.
I get the fact that you need to embrace ignorance to survive.. How else can your theology exist, but to play stupid?
Not ignorance!!!!

Absolute, undeniable truth....there is no Scripture that teaches I should follow the words of dead Holycrap...nor any of his ilk....

I will stay with the Holy Sacred Word of God.....
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#428414 Mar 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think Christ started a faith that was completely secret? Hidden for centuries until the Bible was printed for fools to interpret their own meaning on His Ministry??
Rev 12 V:6

And the woman/church fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Fun Facts

United States

#428415 Mar 17, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
We?

You may have overlooked...

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0714.htm

Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
truth

Perth, Australia

#428416 Mar 17, 2013
Jesus speak about your conciseness.
You speak about knowledge=tree of good and evil.

Your soul and conciseness =Cross.
Trough Cross you are save.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#428417 Mar 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The House of God, which is His Son Jesus Christs' One True Catholic Church, is built upon the TRUE foundation of Jesus Christ HIMSELF..... Your bible only "editorial (half-truth, half-heresy Christianity is built upon "each "fundies" own personal" foundation of "bible verses", which "adds up to" 42,000 different Protestant interpretations, that are just "man-made" denominations beginning with 1) Martin Luther 2) Zwingli, 3) Hus, 4) Wycliff, 5) Calvin, 6) Hedio, 7)Petri, 8)Cranmer, 9) Knox, 10) Flacius-------all the way down to---- 42,131. Confrinting, 42,132. justachristian1, 42,133 Orville, 42,134. Oxbox and on and on and on and on ------ALL contradicting each other, ALL editorializing the bible, ALL just "making it up" as they go along----ALL of which are contradicting to each other and ALL of which are inconsistent, conflicting denominations that are "man-made" Christian denominations!!!....... Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church is the ONLY CHURCH that was instituted, formed, established and founded by Jesus Christ HIMSELF!(there is no other)!!
~~~

You can tell God (all the above) about your Church, when you stand before Him..

I am not so sure He will be impress with all of your carnal rituals and calisthenics..but evidently you intend to try .

____

Pro_19:3 The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD.

Pro 5:21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings.

Pro 5:22 His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins.

Pro 5:23 He shall die without instruction; and in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray.
truth

Perth, Australia

#428418 Mar 17, 2013
If person now wicket how you call wicket.
truth

Perth, Australia

#428419 Mar 17, 2013
We not call Lord..We call Gospodine and Gospoja moja.
Jesus Christ words is perfect spread good news=gospel.
Gospel gospodine=gospojo.
We believe in Jesus Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Tue misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web