Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668027 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#427592 Mar 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Saban, the Church came first. It functioned for almost 25 yrs before one single line of the NT was written.
Not one record in the NT about an infant being baptized and yet the catholic church was here before the NT was written.
MICHAEL

Canada

#427593 Mar 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just more of your Protestant "exaggerated garbage" Free Mind" --I can only answer to this BS "broken relations in Ireland" statement. My family and I reside in Ireland for six months each year and YOU, my friend, have absolutely "no idea" as to what you are talking about, which doesn't surprise ANY of us Catholics... What broken relations?... I know for a fact that you are "talking out of the side of your distorted mouth" and furthermore, since this is just "editorial (hyped-up" phony news, you can bet that the rest of your comments, can and will fit neatly "into the trash can"! You "fundies" are really "getting desperate".
Peace and love to you also---but---(without the lies, distortions and perverted twisting of the truth--- of which you have become so famous for!!!
!
I predict that one day you will return to your roots and your family and join back up with the protestants who kicked you to the curb a few years ago.

That might be good Karma for you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#427594 Mar 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church doesn't interpret Matthew any different today then when they put it in the Bible.
The scriptures in Matthew read...and always have read....

Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

I ask you again as I have before...

WHERE IN THE SCRIPTURES ABOVE DOES IT SAY...

1.Roman Catholic church..

2. pope

3.papal succession..

4 traditions...

5 dogma..

6. immaculate conception...

5.holy assumption...

6.to worship icons images, statues and idols..

7. transubstantiation

exclusive rights..to any one Church...franchise monopoly...

8.control of God's grace...

9. that Eucharist guarantees salvation...

10 that Rome trumps Zion...Jerusalem

11.Cardinals..

ii.Nuns

12. Vatican basilica...has replaced God's Holy temple in Jerusalem

13.Catechism trumps the Bible

14. celibacy

16 worship of saints..

17 canalization of saints

18 creating patron saints

19 collection of Relics

20...edition of God's word

etc
Clay

Garden City, MI

#427595 Mar 14, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one record in the NT about an infant being baptized and yet the catholic church was here before the NT was written.
How do you know it wasn't in Pauls letter to the Laodiceans?
Or his original letter to the Corinthians?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#427596 Mar 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The scriptures in Matthew read...and always have read....
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
2. pope
3.papal succession..
4 traditions...
5 dogma..
5.holy assumption...
7. transubstantiation
11.Cardinals..
ii.Nuns
14. celibacy
16 worship of saints..
19 collection of Relics
etc
To demand that scripture produce all those things, you're going to need to show sola scripture. duh

Location hidden

#427597 Mar 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The FULLNESS of the TRUTH!!! Over 2000 years of PROVEN Biblical and Historical authoritative PROVEN TRUTH to "back up" (everything) that Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, believes and teaches!!
Biblical: Of, relating to, or contained in the Bible.

So then....the truth of which you speak as being possessed by the "Church" comes from the Bible...

History shows the Catholic cult is based on paganism and was founded by the Emperor..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427598 Mar 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rob, the five solo's might help you understand;
1 Sola scriptura ("by Scripture alone")
2 Sola fide ("by faith alone")
3 Sola gratia ("by grace alone")
4 Solus Christus or Solo Christo ("Christ alone" or "through Christ alone")
5 Soli Deo gloria ("glory to God alone")
Self is such an amazing entity.

Why don't you think the Self can achieve salvation for you?

Albuquerque, NM

#427599 Mar 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What on Earth did you guys do with no Bible for so long?
This could be asked of the RCC too.

Sicne the Bible, although in its early form, wasn't "created" until 325 CE, only loose texts were present.

How did the RCC manage without a Bible?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#427600 Mar 14, 2013
2. pope
3.papal succession..
4 traditions...
5 dogma..
5.holy assumption...
7. transubstantiation
11.Cardinals..
ii.Nuns
14. celibacy
16 worship of saints..
19 collection of Relics
etc

To demand that scripture produce all those things, you're going to need to show sola scripture. duh

~~~

That is what I have been trying to tell you all along...

the simplicity of the Gospel is ..

Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

The rest of the foolishness that you Roman Catholics have added is moot.
Yahchanan

Yukon, OK

#427601 Mar 14, 2013
Because man changed the fathers name from Yahweh to god could it be that the god the world worships is Satan And as I have said before Satan is A woman.

funny how the creator knew the world would for get his name and even said so...

And how yahshua said he did not come to destroy the law but establish it.And yet it was destroyed by catholicks and Christians.Nailed to a cross I still say it was just a pole.....

God worship must be destroyed.The laws must be established but because these two things will never occur the world is in it's last days.

No Rapture And if there is it will only be for those who have over come Kinda like who is worthy to open this book no one.

So easy you put revelation 12/9 out of your minds.

In every concordance ever wrote will tell you how they changed his name understand you are worshiping him as a god the very thing he warns you not to worship god and or gods.He don't even want to be in the same category.Com e out of this world so you do not partake in her sins.

It is not that hard...but sheeple are scared to death they will have to stop sinning.

We are in the last days.

May Yahweh bless each and every one of you.And may he give you understanding....worship him as Yahweh or the creator or the great spirit...but not as a god......And keep the sabbath keep his feast days throw away all the pagan holidays.

Albuquerque, NM

#427602 Mar 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i would like to be friends:)
he's got your back!!

http://www.bing.com/images/search...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#427603 Mar 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you go ahead and chance it with people like Wayne Jackson.
His version of the Bible is a complete fantasy. Its a man made scenario and extremely hypocritical.
The guy is no authority on sacred scripture. Period.
Why can you not back up your strong opinion and answer my question at the same time? You said the writer had "not been given the authority to translate sacred Christian writings". You dodged it. Here it is again:

Who gives "the authority to translate sacred Christian writings"???? Do you have scriptural authority for your answer or just tradition of men that wanted the POWER?
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#427604 Mar 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
IT IS NOT ...Matthew's gospel that I have a problem with..
IT IS THE SPIN THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS PUT ON IT...
They make it to say...whatever they want it to...In order to
lay claim to a MONOPOLY AND A FRANCHISE UPON THE GRACE OF GOD IN JESUS CHRIST.
THE HAVE ASSUMED THEMSELVES INTO A POSITION ...THAT GOD NEVER INTENDED TO EVER EXIST...
ONLY JESUS IS THE DOOR TO HEAVEN...
CORRUPTIBLE MEN CANNOT CONTROL THE GRACE OF GOD....AND SLAM THE DOOR ON ANY ONE...
Rev_3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it:....
It is not really about the Gospel according to St. Matthew, "confrinting."
Pick any book, or any verse, and you will have the exact same slogical problem.
Pick a verse, any verse.
Now, using scripture alone, prove that the verse you picked is scripture.
Go ahead; I'm willing to wait.
As for the rest, you are trying to change he subject. We're talking about whether sola scriptura is logically tenable or not.
If you wish to discuss one of these other matters, make yourself a note. When we have finished that one, we can move on to something else; I'm game.
But I intend to maintain myseld willing to discuss this one (Sola Scriptura) for as long as others are willing to look at it carefully.
Rob
jesus had one ball

East Stroudsburg, PA

#427605 Mar 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
he's got your back!!
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
priests, bishops, and popes see a lot of backs, when they bend over little boys, to do them up the back sides.

Location hidden

#427606 Mar 14, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The best part is to forget the whole religions at all!
The Bible speaks of you...

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Location hidden

#427607 Mar 14, 2013
456 432
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The church has stolen from older religions many ideologies. Almost everything is overcome from other religions! So the catholic church is not only a false and criminal organisation, it is a lying religion too.
You are a insulting fool...I am a member of the SBC....far removed from being a Catholic...

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#427608 Mar 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Saban, the Church came first. It functioned for almost 25 yrs before one single line of the NT was written.
And not one mention of Pope, Cardinal or Archbishop, and yet you say the Catholic church was in place before the scriptures were written.

You're beginning to make my point for me.
jesus had one ball

East Stroudsburg, PA

#427609 Mar 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible speaks of you...
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
yeah, jesus was one dumb fkn fool.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#427610 Mar 14, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not really about the Gospel according to St. Matthew, "confrinting."
Pick any book, or any verse, and you will have the exact same slogical problem.
Pick a verse, any verse.
Now, using scripture alone, prove that the verse you picked is scripture.
Go ahead; I'm willing to wait.
As for the rest, you are trying to change he subject. We're talking about whether sola scriptura is logically tenable or not.
If you wish to discuss one of these other matters, make yourself a note. When we have finished that one, we can move on to something else; I'm game.
But I intend to maintain myseld willing to discuss this one (Sola Scriptura) for as long as others are willing to look at it carefully.
Rob
I still don't know what you meant by bringing up the book of Matthew. I'm willing to discuss this one too, but I just didn't understand where you were coming from. Please clarify your earlier question to me about Matthew.
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#427611 Mar 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
the Scriptures claim is that the Scriptures alone hold the "fullness of the means of salvation" because they teach the truth regarding Jesus (Romans 1:16; II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:19-21; 3:15-16).
Where within the scriptures is the church of Catholics or anyone heading up the church in the place of Christ, is given the authority to do the interpretation of scripture for us?
Where is that at?
Who has given them this authority?
Or, did they just TAKE that authority upon themselves?
You and I BOTH know the answer.
You've intercepted the church from Christ. Probably Satan's greatest work!
Okay.
You plan to quote scripture to prove "Sola Scriptura."

Specifically, Romans 1:16;
II Timothy 3:16-17;
II Peter 1:19-21; 3:15-16
Okay.
We'll take these as a starting point.
Using SCRIPTURE ALONE, demonstrate that Romans, II Timothy, and II Peter are to be considered scripture.
I'll wait.
Rob

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 16 hr Alt Right Sucks 334
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web