Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595912 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#427324 Mar 13, 2013
Jesus appointed the first Pope, to carry on His Church on earth, LTM. Thank you Jesus!
Mt 16:18

"POPE FRANCIS I", Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglo,
from Argentina. First Latin American Pope ever!
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#427325 Mar 13, 2013
Took a while to get out of his red and lace dress and into his wedding dress.

Heard he was #2 on ALL of the ballots - boy, that shows *inspiration*! Ha!

Its all a SHOW folks. They've hijacked the church God intended and Jesus died for. The real church of Christ still exists though.

#427326 Mar 13, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't cry for me Argentina...A Jesuit Pope. Awesome!!!
"Don't cry for me Argentina"
:-D!

God bless Pope Francis!!!
Fisher of men.

<><

#427327 Mar 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
Took a while to get out of his red and lace dress and into his wedding dress.
Heard he was #2 on ALL of the ballots - boy, that shows *inspiration*! Ha!
Its all a SHOW folks. They've hijacked the church God intended and Jesus died for. The real church of Christ still exists though.
Envy!??

ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK: HARSH LANGUAGE NEGATES THE ESSENCE OF GOODNESS AND CHRISTIANITY

If you see a Christian with a hardened heart, you are not really seeing a Christian. Astonishing it is that a person can carry forth beautiful devotions, show great allegiance to a certain manner of worship, demonstrate unerring diligence in church attendance, and then cast aspersion and harsh assessments on everyone else (especially anyone who doesn't practice the faith exactly as he or she does). Tragically, this negates everything else, as Scripture tells us. Take (3/8/13) Mass reading: "One of the scribes came to Jesus and asked Him,'Which is the first of all the commandments?' Jesus replied,'The first is this: Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these'”(Mark 12:28-34). A shame it is, those who are diligent and traditional but speak with that harshness. So full of pride are we all that we believe anyone who disagrees with us is worthy of insult.” Behind this is the devil. Scripture calls it the "viper's tongue" (Job 20:16). It is especially pervasive in politics. Everyone has declared war on everyone else. "Thou salt be hid from the scourge of the tongue," says Job 5:21. "Is there injustice on my tongue?" asks Job 6:30 (speaking of discernment!). "Cannot my taste discern mischievous things?" Indeed, by their tone you will know them. When we criticize others, it tells us more about ourselves than the person under our harsh magnification. "Who have whet their tongue like a sword, and have aimed their arrows, even bitter words?" asks Psalms 64:3. And Psalms 140:3: "They have sharpened their tongue like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips." How many nasty e-mails have you seen in your day? Or texts? Or blog posts? Hopefully you have not written them. Poison seems to be the vapor of the internet. The tongue of the wise is health; the tongue of the rash, a piercing sword. It is a time of noise over substance; of raw emotion. Snide snobbery is the currency of bloggers. Opinions are formulated and shouted with little information. "Fools poureth out folly," says Proverbs 15:12 -- in sort of a harsh assessment of harsh assessment. Our tongues are meant to praise God -- not denigrate others."If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal," says 1 Corinthians 13:1. Give rage up for Lent; then give it up forever. http://www.sp iritd aily.com/attack.ht m

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427328 Mar 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Screwtape, Allow me to suggest to you that descriptions of God that come from men inspired by God are reliable. Jesus' descriptions of God should be credible too.
Still posting to the wrong poster?

Do you find comfort in calling other people names?
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>Error is in virtually every post you post, Screwtape. Keep looking for Wormwood. You are right. I am not he. No one here is ignorant enough to be the follower of the self-proclaimed New Age Spiritual Leader.
I never asked you to "follow me".

I've only inquired on why you don't follow Jesus?
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>To believe the words of the Bible you suggest is gullible? Well then I guess I'm gullible, because I'm believing it, word for word... No matter how you try to twist it into a convoluted contradiction.
Yes - you are gullible.

And nothing I've posted is a contradiction to what Jesus taught.

It is only you thinking it is, because you don't follow all of what Jesus taught.

Your ignorance of his teachings is because you trust those men and what they thought was true. It doesn't make it so.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427329 Mar 13, 2013
StarC wrote:
Jesus appointed the first Pope, to carry on His Church on earth, LTM. Thank you Jesus!
Mt 16:18
"POPE FRANCIS I", Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglo,
from Argentina. First Latin American Pope ever!
Ganador! Ganador!......

Italians are once again crying into their cappuccino.

The number one language spoken worldwide by roman catholics is SPANISH.

Albuquerque, NM

#427330 Mar 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
does anyone wanna get saved for-realz up in here today?:-)
Why do you ask, when in truth, you nor anyone can actually save someone spiritually - they have to do it on their own.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#427331 Mar 13, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Don't cry for me Argentina"
:-D!
God bless Pope Francis!!!
Fisher of men.
<><
Amen!

Isaiah 22:15-22 “… go to that official, Shebna, master of the palace,
… I will thrust you from your office and pull you down from your station.
On that day I will summon my servant Eliakim … and give over to him your authority. He shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem … I will place the key of the House of David on his shoulder; when he opens, no one shall shut, when he shuts, no one shall open.”

King David had been dead many years when this took place. Therefore, this verse shows that the office of key holder / master of the palace, was an office with successors just as the office of king was. It was the transferring of the keys that denoted the transfer of power to the new successor of this office as the king’s representative, his regent, the master of the palace.

To see how this teaching can bring us more closely into the love of Jesus Christ see the following article

http://www.defendingthebride.com/ch/pa/keys.h...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#427332 Mar 13, 2013
socci wrote:
And now for our romanist; a Bible study..........
Who are saved in the end:
Revelation 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."
Rev.22:14 "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."
Who are lost:
Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
Besides this list of sinners we are given another description of the lost - those with the mark of the beast; that is to say, those who follow the beast instead of God.
Revelation 19:20 "And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."
If this symbolism is all "greek" to you then you are simply in the wrong church.
The beast - are empires, the final empire being Rome (Daniel 7)
The false prophet - synonymous with the harlot (Rev 17) or Roman Church.
The image of the beast - the holy roman empire was replaced by the new world order we see on the back of the dollar and United Nations world govt - founded & ran by romanist.
The romanist cannot keep His Commandments....they changed them!!! Now they follow their commandments!!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#427333 Mar 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you ask, when in truth, you nor anyone can actually save someone spiritually - they have to do it on their own.
that's what YOU think cuz new age-ism has nothing to offer!

"go therefore and make disciples of all the nations..." Jesus

Location hidden

#427334 Mar 13, 2013
257 211
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I have egg on my face because I was agreeing with you?
DUH!!! Assembly.
http://www.xenos.org/classes/um1-1a.htm
"The word translated "church" in the English Bible is ekklesia. This word is the Greek words kaleo (to call), with the prefix ek (out). Thus, the word means "the called out ones." However, the English word "church" does not come from ekklesia but from the word kuriakon, which means "dedicated to the Lord." This word was commonly used to refer to a holy place or temple. By the time of Jerome's translation of the New Testament from Greek to Latin, it was customary to use a derivative of kuriakon to translate ekklesia. Therefore, the word church is a poor translation of the word ekklesia since it implies a sacred building, or temple."
Fact: How can anyone read a bible that has been so mis-translated, without knowing Latin and ancient Greek?
It seems we are both wrong and the Catholics are correct on this point.
You look really good with egg all over your face!!!! It becomes you....you don't need to add more!!!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#427335 Mar 13, 2013
congrats on the new vatican caesar/pope!

was part of the criteria for choosing him that he didn't have a history of perving on kids or wasn't that a consideration?

Location hidden

#427336 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Is this the best you can do?
I guess it is, since you decided to post nothing else.
*sighs*
208 178 170
Thanks for proving my words to be undeniably truth!!!

You don't even know the definition of "believe".....so you really cannot be expected to know much about anything else....

Albuquerque, NM

#427337 Mar 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
that's what YOU think cuz new age-ism has nothing to offer!
"go therefore and make disciples of all the nations..." Jesus
This is where you are wrong.

You just can't fathom how accurate it is, so you have to rebuke it, since it does show you all the "holes" in your religion.

Get over it.

Better yet - learn it, live it, and love it.

Jesus promoted it, so should you!

Albuquerque, NM

#427338 Mar 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
208 178 170
Thanks for proving my words to be undeniably truth!!!
You don't even know the definition of "believe".....so you really cannot be expected to know much about anything else....
Still sitting in that chair?

Believe as you choose.....SELF!
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#427339 Mar 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If this process were Biblical, we wouldn't have had to have votes that went up in smoke.
God's man would've been glowing or speaking in languages he'd never learned or something like that. That is, if this were biblical...
Still looking for the qualifications for Pope and Cardinal in my Bible. No luck. Actually, I'm not finding the words Pope or Cardinal either... Or, conclave for that matter. All MAN-MADE, SILLY, False teaching!!
Keep looking in your Bible all you want. Those books were already explained once when the Apostles spread the faith. Your fantasy 'church of Christ' is about a 150 yrs old and like thousands of other start up Christians, you hijacked the sacred writings and attempt to interpret it yourselves.

God bless Pope Francis, our 266 Bishop of Rome!

Location hidden

#427340 Mar 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
congrats on the new vatican caesar/pope!
was part of the criteria for choosing him that he didn't have a history of perving on kids or wasn't that a consideration?
No!!!! The criteria was that his history of pedophilia can not be proven!!!!

Location hidden

#427341 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Still sitting in that chair?
Believe as you choose.....SELF!
208 178 170

You are too kind!!! What a blessing!!!

Thanks, again, for proving my words to be undeniably truth!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#427343 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
This is where you are wrong.
You just can't fathom how accurate it is, so you have to rebuke it, since it does show you all the "holes" in your religion.
Get over it.
Better yet - learn it, live it, and love it.
Jesus promoted it, so should you!
why do you follow new age 'men' instead of God/Jesus?

Nottingham, UK

#427344 Mar 13, 2013
No doubt all that smoke coming from Vatican chimneys was from evidence being burned.

Evidence of corruption, money laundering, child abuse, cover-ups, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 9,528
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Tue 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web