Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,467
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#427281 Mar 13, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
The NT is not written simply to clarify the OT. We have to realize that the OT is not only history of the Jewish people, but much more.
The OT is rich with history, poetry, lifestyles and everyday struggles of the Jewish people, and - prophecy that Jesus would come from Jewish lineage and what to be on the lookout for in order to know who actually IS the Messiah.
-
There are a few OT verses which point to Christ as Messiah, but, the verses don't tell us his name. They do tell us important information, though, and some of his titles.
-
The following verse tells us that Messiah will be at war with God's adversary, and it's prophecy states that Satan will deliver a blow,(strike his heel) but that Christ will deliver a more permanent blow, the death stroke (crush your head):
-
Genesis 3:16
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."
http://bible.cc/genesis/3-15.htm
-
This verse states that he will rule his people:
Isaiah 9:
6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
http://bible.cc/isaiah/9-6.htm
-
This one you may especially like:
Micah 5:
2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me ONE WHO WILL be RULER over Israel, WHOSE ORIGINS are from of old, FROM ANCIENT TIMES."
http://bible.cc/micah/5-2.htm
-
- I have more if you would like them.
jesus does not have to fight satan,god just has to snap his fingers,and he's gone,he's done it many times before so why not do it now and stop this so called mighty battle before it starts. and if god knows all sees all then he is well aware of what is going to happen,so instead of letting it happen,just zap him with a lightning bolt and no final battle...IF this so called battle does take place i'd like to be there,watch it,maybe join in have some fun kicking perverted priest butt who will be on the side of satan for the sins they committed over the centuries,especially the early days,they have the blood of innocent men,women and children on their hands, just because they did not want to be part of the unholy pagan/christian church.and i do believe murder is a sin that is NOT forgiven,so satan will have a sizable army on his side,and if this theory is true i wouldn't mind jumping in and giving the little jew boy a hand,hojo will on satan side also along with anthony who is a false accuser and liar,andvour new good buddy stanley will be part of satans group.i say this because they think they are in the good graces of god yet, they talk to people with the tounge of satan.oxbow included catholic or not.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427282 Mar 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that LTM?
A bit ironic you claim "no Church calls us into fellowship with Jesus Christ. Jesus does."
Yet, it was a Church that told you that was a Bible passage to begin with!!
It was a Church who gathered, compiled and labeled those books, 400 yrs after Christ was born, just so you arrogantly can use those words against her..
Interesting.
We are called by God. not man or a denomination.
1Cor:1-26
For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called

1:26-31 God did not choose philosophers, nor orators, nor statesmen, nor men of wealth, and power, and interest in the world, to publish the gospel of grace and peace. He best judges what men and what measures serve the purposes of his glory. Though not many noble are usually called by Divine grace, there have been some such in every age, who have not been ashamed of the gospel of Christ; and persons of every rank stand in need of pardoning grace. Often, a humble Christian, though poor as to this world, has more true knowledge of the gospel, than those who have made the letter of Scripture the study of their lives, but who have studied it rather as the witness of men, than as the word of God. And even young children have gained such knowledge of Divine truth as to silence infidels. The reason is, they are taught of God; the design is, that no flesh should glory in his presence. That distinction, in which alone they might glory, was not of themselves. It was by the sovereign choice and regenerating grace of God, that they were in Jesus Christ by faith. He is made of God to us wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption; all we need, or can desire. And he is made wisdom to us, that by his word and Spirit, and from his fulness and treasures of wisdom and knowledge, we may receive all that will make us wise unto salvation, and fit for every service to which we are called. We

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427283 Mar 13, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I rejected all that useless information so I threw it away. It's not even worth remembering, so it certainly is not worth discussing.
Throwing away the teachings of Jesus.

We'll agree to disagree.

Thanks for responding.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427284 Mar 13, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
MY *self* is intact.
These four words are the only things salvageable from your post that has any meaning.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#427285 Mar 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that LTM?
A bit ironic you claim "no Church calls us into fellowship with Jesus Christ. Jesus does."
Yet, it was a Church that told you that was a Bible passage to begin with!!
It was a Church who gathered, compiled and labeled those books, 400 yrs after Christ was born, just so you arrogantly can use those words against her..
Interesting.
The SPIRITUAL ground is level at the foot of the cross...All must come and establish his own personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ God's only begotten Son...

Christ is the door to the Sheep Fold and faith unlocks the door...

Jesus said

Joh_10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Joh_10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

He also said...

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
___

Only Jesus is the door
Any one that claims to be/they are... the door is a thief and a robber

Joh_10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you,--> He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. <--

There are not BIG RAMS and little ewes in his flock of sheep..

NO CHURCH, DENOMINATION, OR RELIGIOUS GROUP... holds the franchise

monopoly or exclusive rights to the GRACE of God.

usa

#427286 Mar 13, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley seems to think (and he usually things right) that you are wrong 'that there are many people that you know who are gay'...is just a line of generalities which means a line of bullschidt.
Heterosexuals know very few Queers and avoid their cliques like the plague. If you were to ask ALL non Queers in here if they partook of Queers companies and public esstablishments, you would get a resounding NO.
Remember the words of Our Lord Jesus Christ.."if a man layeth with a man, it would be better if that man tied a millstone around his neck and cast himself into the sea".
I agree with Stanley on this one.
and what does jesus think of man laying with boys as he would a woman? samething or what? quote from you "Heterosexuals know very few Queers and avoid their cliques like the plague." you probably know more gay people than you realize,neighbors,people you work with,or met and chatted with in a bar and had no clue they were gay. you avoid their cliques like the plauge,does this mean you don't watch the ellen degeneres show? i bet gowing up you watched and thought rock hudson was a good actor,he was gay,tab hunter was gay. so your claim that hetero people know very few gays is a rediculous statement,but i would expect that coming from you. you are clueless.

usa

#427287 Mar 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "evil" here, is on this forum, is the "same old" corrupted trash comments, that come "out of the mouths" of (bigoted --"bible only" anti-catholic heretics who spread their "editorialized "relative truth" AGAINST Jesus' One True Church,--- deceiving "themselves" as they continue, in their "failed" attempts to "deceive others.
The TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and His ONE and ONLY biblcially and historicallY PROVEN One True Catholic Church, has "survived the "gates of hell" and LIVED ON===for over 2000 years (DESPITE) people like you,-and will continue to "LIVE ON"!!
hojo:"historicallY" PROVEN One True Catholic Church" JETHRO:show us the history,what book/passage doesit state that jesus considers the catholic church his church??? and why is it taking so long to pick a pope? if the church is gods true church you would think he would of told them by now who the next pope is going to be,again this proves you are wrong,the church means nothing to god other wise you wouldn't need all these men/cardinals taking a vote to elect a new president of the worlds richest conglomerate.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#427288 Mar 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why don't you answer his question hojo, instead of giving such a stupid answer.
You don't know yourself do you.
I don't thing anyone one does except maybe they just decided it was on a need to know bases. Or to cover up their evil plots,
I am not "going to waste my time" responding to "exaggerated (blown-out of proportion) anti-catholic Protestant BS that you "fundies" are so famous for!! Again--the "only evil" that is "clearly evident" is the slander, distorted lies and bible only self and mis-interpreted (deception) of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church, which is ON THIS FORUM---AND--- of Sacred Scripture that you Protestants have become "experts at spreading" which (I will add) is to your own demise and destruction!!!
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427289 Mar 13, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point in God creating the 10 commandments if God is not going to lead by example in following his own 6th commandment. Thou shalt not kill.
I don't see widespread death today among prostitutes, gays, sex abusers, by God, do you?
Its all baloney to scare you into fear by religious leaders. No ALL loving God would ever commit such autrocities.
These stories were created to get everyone to run to the nearest church/synagogue in fear to bolster the numbers.
Life is good for me, and whatever waits at the end of the line will be shared by every other human being that lived before me.
I am not God Michael! But in the day od Sodom and Gamorrah, there were not 5 good people to be found.
God maybe slow but He is sure and He is never late Michael, like in the day of Noah, God will destroy the earth again because of sin and it will happen in His timing not mine or doomsday prophets.
You don't believe God can save a prostitute, is their sin any greater then mine.
When Moses lead the children of Israel through the dessert, for 40 years there was only 2 people of that generation who left Egypt entered the promise land. They all died off in the dessert. He wiped out all the memeories of Egypt and its evil from among His people.
The Bible says only a dog returns to its vomit, well the children of Israel, every time they hit a hard time desired to go back to Egypt and complained all the time.
They forgot they were slaves in Egypt, they were desiring things they never had.
God gave them freedom, and they wanted to return to slavery.
Like many of us today god frees us from our sins and we desire to return to it.
You need to let go of you understand of what you think God is and why He does what He does, and believe everything
He does is for our good.
Read Jeremiah 29 Michael Its a letter to Gods people who were in exile its beautiful .
Cont.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427290 Mar 13, 2013
Cont

4 This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says to all those I carried into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: 5 “Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. 6 Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Increase in number there; do not decrease. 7 Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.” 8 Yes, this is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says:“Do not let the prophets and diviners among you deceive you. Do not listen to the dreams you encourage them to have. 9 They are prophesying lies to you in my name. I have not sent them,” declares the Lord.

10 This is what the Lord says:“When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord,“and will bring you back from captivity.[b] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord,“and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

usa

#427291 Mar 13, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
If God and Jesus are one and the same,.... then try reading the OT, but replace the word "God" with the word "Jesus."
Jesus wipes out entire cities.
Jesus instructs that innocent women and children be slaughtered or enslaved.
Jesus demands the foreskins of dead enemies as tribute.
Jesus loves you.
well if he loves me,ask him to cure me,and payoff my medical bills,they have plenty of money and they are suppose to help out the needy and destitute,and i certainly qualify,since i'm out of work and only collecting half pay,and i'm not out by choice,dr's orders. so show a little kindness there big guy!! or at least let me hit the lottery for a few million,want to hit big,i would like to buy the cancer center i go to tv's for the waiting rooms on each floor,cable included, and buy them their own petscan machine,which are extremely expensive,and dedicate it in memory to all cancer patients past and present.

usa

#427292 Mar 13, 2013
well i'm off gotta go to store get my paper,i'm running late,still trying to adjust to daylight savings time,going to buy lottery ticket also.see you shortly.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#427293 Mar 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your distorted comments are just a "continuation" of the same old Protestant "bible only" anti-catholic "propaganda" that you 4GVN are "so famous for"! You, my friend, have attained a "monopoly on (what you call)--"lies, dishonesty and ignorance" when it comes to your "bible only" distortion of the TRUTH of the Bible, 2000 years of TRUE Church History, and the writings, documents and authoritative history from the Early Church Fathers and the Apologistic authors--both Catholic and Protestant..... You obviously, are "still dialed into" James McCarthy and Ron Rhodes, which are two of the more "prominent" 21st century "heretical preachers" of Jesus Christs and His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church!! Heretics, like these two, "have come and gone" for over 2000 years--YET---Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church, has, is and will continue to LIVE ON!!!
Hoho, are you mentally capable of dealing with the topic at hand? If so, please respond. If not then you are just blowing smoke.:)
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427294 Mar 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well if he loves me,ask him to cure me,and payoff my medical bills,they have plenty of money and they are suppose to help out the needy and destitute,and i certainly qualify,since i'm out of work and only collecting half pay,and i'm not out by choice,dr's orders. so show a little kindness there big guy!! or at least let me hit the lottery for a few million,want to hit big,i would like to buy the cancer center i go to tv's for the waiting rooms on each floor,cable included, and buy them their own petscan machine,which are extremely expensive,and dedicate it in memory to all cancer patients past and present.
I wish that would happen for you Jethro. But as you know, God doesn't work that way.

For example, as a kid, I prayed and prayed for a bicycle. Nothing, because God doesn't work that way.

So I stole a bike and asked God for forgiveness.

That's how it works.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427295 Mar 13, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit. 3 equal persons in one God, but God the father makes all the decisions for the other two..........but they are all equal!... right?
Thank you Michael, but I'm still confused.

People say Jesus loves me.

But God the Father must be angry because I frequently work on Sunday, eat shellfish, and have lustful thoughts.

Plus Jesus spoke in parables, because he wanted to make it difficult to understand. Plus I have never seen or spoken to any Holy Spirit. Not even a picture! Does he have a beard like Father and Son?

But who cares, for all the good this Holy Spirit did in guiding the RCC into sex-abuse cover-up for decade after decade. How did that guidance work out?

It's looking more and more like the three amigos are up there amusing themselves playing tricks on us all the time.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427296 Mar 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you check the bible you would find out many of the place that God destroyed, sacrafice their children to strange god's.
So they were not so innocent, woman gave their virgin daughter to be
Prositutes in the temples, etc. homosexuality was widely practised in the pagan temples, child sex abuse is not a new thing.
You should read the Bible on the enemies of God before you critizes the reasons, He does things.
God hates sin.
I have read the Bible. You are forgetting so much.

Jesus has some little children killed by a bear because they were being children and mocked a supposed prophet. Since when is just being a child a capital crime?

Or how come Jesus could not destroy one enemy army, because they had chariots made of iron?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427297 Mar 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is Michael, no one deserves Heaven. We are all sinners.
The bible says mans heart is evil, and you can see on this thread the truth in that.
That is why we needed a Savior. the sad part is people follow after a religious doctrine instead of Jesus.
The bible says when Jesus comes back will He find people of faith
Luke 18:1-8
King James Version (KJV)
18 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
LTM says ..........We are all sinners.

Michael says......what sins are so bad that you are committing that will keep you outside the gates of heaven?

If you know that sin is bad, why can't you control your bad actions?

People quit smoking because they know its bad for their health.

People quit drinking alcohol because they know it can shorten their lives.

Why can't you stop sinning if you believe sin means great balls of fire for your future?

I don't understand.

I can't think of any sin that I have committed that is so terrible it would mean eternal damnation.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427298 Mar 13, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Michael, but I'm still confused.
People say Jesus loves me.
But God the Father must be angry because I frequently work on Sunday, eat shellfish, and have lustful thoughts.
Plus Jesus spoke in parables, because he wanted to make it difficult to understand. Plus I have never seen or spoken to any Holy Spirit. Not even a picture! Does he have a beard like Father and Son?
But who cares, for all the good this Holy Spirit did in guiding the RCC into sex-abuse cover-up for decade after decade. How did that guidance work out?
It's looking more and more like the three amigos are up there amusing themselves playing tricks on us all the time.
FM says....... God the Father must be angry because I frequently work on Sunday, eat shellfish, and have lustful thoughts.

Michael says.....Me too! and all the other catholics except HOJO and CLAY.....they never do anything naughty.....

....what about all the catholics who pre-determined themselves not to go to mass one sunday but go to a sporting event or the mall, then they go to confession saying they are "HEARTLY SORRY" for not attending mass. They are not heartly sorry for anything, they missed mass willingly. The sin should still be in effect.

Its all BS!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427299 Mar 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not God Michael! But in the day od Sodom and Gamorrah, there were not 5 good people to be found.
God maybe slow but He is sure and He is never late Michael, like in the day of Noah, God will destroy the earth again because of sin and it will happen in His timing not mine or doomsday prophets.
You don't believe God can save a prostitute, is their sin any greater then mine.
When Moses lead the children of Israel through the dessert, for 40 years there was only 2 people of that generation who left Egypt entered the promise land. They all died off in the dessert. He wiped out all the memeories of Egypt and its evil from among His people.
The Bible says only a dog returns to its vomit, well the children of Israel, every time they hit a hard time desired to go back to Egypt and complained all the time.
They forgot they were slaves in Egypt, they were desiring things they never had.
God gave them freedom, and they wanted to return to slavery.
Like many of us today god frees us from our sins and we desire to return to it.
You need to let go of you understand of what you think God is and why He does what He does, and believe everything
He does is for our good.
Read Jeremiah 29 Michael Its a letter to Gods people who were in exile its beautiful .
Cont.
LTM says.......God might be slow.

Michael says.....are you sure you wanted to say that?

bad KARMA might be coming your way very soon.(lol)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427300 Mar 13, 2013
What happens if the vatican runs out of black smoke chemicals? They better put in a rush order for a fresh batch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Scales Off 8,915
Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) 11 hr david 31
The Persecution No One Dares Name (Aug '13) 20 hr Islam Forbids 5
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Wed swedenforever 11
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... Tue Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mar 2 Jaimie 83,958
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
More from around the web