Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595919 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427155 Mar 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
that is why they are moving to america. Muslim temples are going up faster than McDonalds in america.
Take one step off american/canadian soil and you are going backwards in time.
off topic:
Look at Milan Italy. Stinky, Water logged, Moldy old buildings. You wake up in the morning, have a piss outside your bedroom window, into the putrid water all around you as tourists snap your picture sailing by on a gondola bumping their heads on low bridges. NO thanks!
I just got back from Phoenix. No Milan Italy for me. No Iran either.
We might put up with a few bullits wizzing by, or a few fresh water floods, but not too many car bombs or hand grenades going off everyday, and no cities in the middle of a liquid dump.
Love the ones your with.
"Love the ones you're with.."

Kind of catchy me thinks.

But how can you love someone to whom you are spiritually superior?

e.g. can Catholics or Fundies truly love us?

Can someone like hojo truly love another Christian who refuses to go to a "true church."

I just don't feel the love here.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#427156 Mar 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
More of Luke telling the story of "Paul"?
I wonder how Luke knew what "Paul" saw in his vision, if it was only "Paul's"?
Hmmm.....
You still have not given me a list of books within the Bible that I should maintain a close connection to and the list of books that I could perhaps discard, per your discrediting and your lack of recognition of inspiration.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427157 Mar 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep....
From Scripture...taint nothin' said bout any denomination!!!!
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
church: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
The term 'church' along with the greater meaning it has today --- did not exist when Jesus spoke those words.

The proper translation is and always has been "Temple."

"... I will build my Temple."

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427158 Mar 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You figure it out the (How, why, when) answers Micheal!---because YOU ARE THE ONE that keeps "digging up" all of these "exaggerated, disproportionate, overstated and mis-represented "phoney and fraudulent statistics!!!!----We, as Catholics, have all had to "put up" with the counterfeit, distorted and perverted quotes of yours such as Cardinals in Rome saying "elect me, elect me"-----or telling us that there are "liberal Cardinals in the U.S.--are just some of the typical BS (unending) comments that "comes out of your (motor-mouth)". Until you come to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ, his Salvation and the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH that Our Lord gave us in His One True Catholic Church, your life will continue to just like the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11 defiant, rebellious and full of antagonistic and heretical hate toward Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church!!
Wasn't Jesus a heretic in his own jewish belief when he went against his own religous teachers? Isn't that why you believe he died because he stiff armed the jewish rabbis of his own faith and they wanted him dead?

If Judas had not turned Jesus into the jewish authorities how would he have died for your sins? If Jesus had not pissed off his own jewish teachers of the faith, how would Jesus had died for your sins? If the small crowd who had the choice Jesus or Barabas and if they chose barabas instead 50/50 chance, how would Jesus have died for your sins? If Jesus was out of town the day of the crucifixion how would Jesus have died for your sins? If Eve had chosen not to listen to the talking serpent and did not eat the forbidden fruit, what would have been the purpose of a Jesus at all?

The scriptures claim a small group of people determined his fate. They had a choice Jesus or Barabas. What does that have to do with dieing for mankind. If the story is true
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#427159 Mar 12, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Can someone like hojo truly love another Christian who refuses to go to a "true church."
FM says......... I just don't feel the love here.

Michael says.....Hojo only feels our love if we become just like him. I am pondering over my options just to make him happy.
truth

Perth, Australia

#427160 Mar 12, 2013
i died after 92 days when i come in this country rest i cry as well everything died within me

only 3 days when i took in my arms my kids

in this city nothing exist
less any law or any love
not at all not for me
i don't see that
byyyyyyyyyyyyy

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427162 Mar 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have not given me a list of books within the Bible that I should maintain a close connection to and the list of books that I could perhaps discard, per your discrediting and your lack of recognition of inspiration.
Your first error in your response.....
"You still have not given me a list of books within the Bible "
- there are no words that can describe "God"
- you will have to first accept this as truth, before you can continue.
- If you can't, then all is lost.

"that I should maintain a close connection to and the list of books that I could perhaps discard"
- I wasn't aware that Jesus had limitations and only that which is contained in the Bible is usable.
- Why do yo limit Jesus?

"per your discrediting and your lack of recognition of inspiration."
- Why do you try and place statements out there, that I haven't said?
- Oh I rcognize inspiration alright. I just don't limit it to a select few, like you have.

Still not liking to be honest, huh?

*sighs*

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#427163 Mar 12, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

God loves us all ....yet He is Our Heavenly Father and is above and beyond our league

Jesus is our King.... He is the Only Begotten Son of God...

A christian can Love some one .... yet be diametrically opposed to what they believe.

God did not love the world because they its inhabitant are/were

obedient to Him...

Eternal punishment is not contingent upon God's love for us...But..upon

our loving Him enough... to receive His love gift...the sacrifice of

His Only Begotten Son ....that he has given freely to redeem/ransom us

from the power of the devil.

God originally made us for His pleasure..

He...Lavishing his love upon us... offers us eternal life with Him.

___

We were created for God's pleasure...

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

truth

Perth, Australia

#427164 Mar 12, 2013
your law is not my law
that never exist in my life

victim don't need respect law where not exist not even seek that sort of law
not at all
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427165 Mar 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't Jesus a heretic in his own jewish belief when he went against his own religous teachers? Isn't that why you believe he died because he stiff armed the jewish rabbis of his own faith and they wanted him dead?
If Judas had not turned Jesus into the jewish authorities how would he have died for your sins? If Jesus had not pissed off his own jewish teachers of the faith, how would Jesus had died for your sins? If the small crowd who had the choice Jesus or Barabas and if they chose barabas instead 50/50 chance, how would Jesus have died for your sins? If Jesus was out of town the day of the crucifixion how would Jesus have died for your sins? If Eve had chosen not to listen to the talking serpent and did not eat the forbidden fruit, what would have been the purpose of a Jesus at all?
The scriptures claim a small group of people determined his fate. They had a choice Jesus or Barabas. What does that have to do with dieing for mankind. If the story is true
all the if's in the world will never be answered Michael.
Because 'GOD" IS GOD" He know all things and before time beGAN "GOD" HAD A PLAN FOR OUR SALVATION.

HE MADE AWAY; JESUS IS THAT WAY.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#427166 Mar 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You can read and study the Bible 35 more years, or until you are blue in the face...unless a change occurs in your spiritual life, you ain't never gonna git it!!!! The Bible tells you why...
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
AMEN
truth

Perth, Australia

#427167 Mar 12, 2013
not at all
your law is not my law
no
its finish
truth

Perth, Australia

#427168 Mar 12, 2013
maybe for devil everybody is foolish

but Jesus know who is accuser
now
because of that
real Creator exist
and your law is not real Creator law
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427169 Mar 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael says.....Hojo only feels our love if we become just like him. I am pondering over my options just to make him happy.
Drink more, think less perhaps?
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#427170 Mar 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
all the if's in the world will never be answered Michael.
Because 'GOD" IS GOD" He know all things and before time beGAN "GOD" HAD A PLAN FOR OUR SALVATION.
HE MADE AWAY; JESUS IS THAT WAY.
Any word on salvation for a billion Chinese yet?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#427171 Mar 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

Your options are to please God or man...To be obedient to God's word,
Or follow the promptings of your own heart...

The Bible says..of an unbeliever .

Jer_17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Do you know your heart?

Is it right with God?

Your own personal relationship should be your priority...

No one else can give account to God for you..

Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

and again...

1Pe 4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

Its an personal appointment, with Him we have to do.

In all seriousness What will you say to God at that time...

Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

What will you say to Him

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427172 Mar 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your options are to please God or man...To be obedient to God's word,
Or follow the promptings of your own heart...
The Bible says..of an unbeliever .
Jer_17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Do you know your heart?
Is it right with God?
Your own personal relationship should be your priority...
No one else can give account to God for you..
Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
and again...
1Pe 4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
Its an personal appointment, with Him we have to do.
In all seriousness What will you say to God at that time...
Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
What will you say to Him
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"
"Do you know your heart?"
"Is it right with God?"
"Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead."

- all having to do with "knowing yourself"

Why don't you believe Jesus?
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#427173 Mar 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first error in your response.....
"You still have not given me a list of books within the Bible "
- there are no words that can describe "God"
- you will have to first accept this as truth, before you can continue.
- If you can't, then all is lost.
"that I should maintain a close connection to and the list of books that I could perhaps discard"
- I wasn't aware that Jesus had limitations and only that which is contained in the Bible is usable.
- Why do yo limit Jesus?
"per your discrediting and your lack of recognition of inspiration."
- Why do you try and place statements out there, that I haven't said?
- Oh I rcognize inspiration alright. I just don't limit it to a select few, like you have.
Still not liking to be honest, huh?
*sighs*
Speaking of error in responses!

You can discuss honesty after that post, Screwtape? Do you think I'm Wormwood?

You've tried to discredit almost every scripture I've posted in retaliation to the incorrect claims you've made and you always have a reason for disbelieving the verbatim words straight from the Bible.

There are no words for describing God????? I find many, many descriptions of God throughout the Bible!

Location hidden

#427174 Mar 12, 2013
157 142
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The term 'church' along with the greater meaning it has today --- did not exist when Jesus spoke those words.
The proper translation is and always has been "Temple."
"... I will build my Temple."
Such wisdom!!!!!!

But and however, the Greek word ekklesia from which the word church was translated did exist and is hereby definated (new word): a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

It don't say nuttin' bout no temple!!!!!

Location hidden

#427175 Mar 12, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Any word on salvation for a billion Chinese yet?
Oh lame of brain!!!!

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

The Chinese are a part of the world....really!!!! Check it out!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Mr Sir 9,528
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Tue 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web