Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,582)

Showing posts 411,621 - 411,640 of512,163
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

guest wrote:
-
so, tell us Clay IS the stuff Jesus said and did which are NOT recorded in the NT still the word of God to the Catholic church?
-
Being the experts that they think they are and all.
-
and if everything Jesus said and did ARE the Word of God, why didn't the Catholic Church include them in the NT? when they 'gathered together' what was written?
-
-
Clay wrote:
Because every little letter didn't survive. We know Paul wrote at least two more letters. One was to the Corinthians. Don't you wonder what was in it? How about his letter to the Laodiceans? Its not in my Bible because it was lost or destroyed by the Roman Empire.
Look, common sense says not every detail of Christianity is included in the NT. We have very little written documentation of Our Lords childhood and teenage yrs. And what we do have is a memoir from His Apostles, written 40 yrs after He died! There is relativity little documentation of Mary and Joseph as well. Christ started a Church. That would be the Catholic Church. And once you throw away your stereotypes, you can see its guided to perfect truth thru the Holy Spirit. No matter what Pope is sitting in Saint Peters chair, he will not corrupt the Church because its protected. He may taint its image, but will never ever infiltrate her teachings according to Jesus Christ.
-
Yes, we know Paul wrote a couple more letters.
-
Yes, common sense tells us not every detail of Christ's life was recorded for posterity. One would have to be a complete fool not to recognize that.
-
But if you truly love Jesus Christ, you will listen to him - rather than listening to man. One should listen to and pay heed to the words Jesus said that WERE recorded. If you can't obey a direct command from Jesus ... then why even worry about stuff that no longer exists - because it was NOT recorded and preserved by Holy Spirit?
-
I would think a person who prizes common sense would would realize God has left us adequate information, and if we listen to it - and not ADD to it - it is sufficient.
-
When you blatantly ignore Jesus' words that WERE RECORDED, "Call no man father..." you treat him with contempt!... so why even bother obsessing about what was NOT recorded or preserved?
-
You should know this: ALL that WAS preserved, by God's Holy Spirit, is adequate for the Christian believer. True Christians realize this, and listen to Christ.
-
Jesus said it - he meant it. and he said it for a reason. You ignore his direct command when you call a priest 'Father'.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Jury duty - your laugh for today.

IF YOU'VE EVER BEEN CALLED FOR JURY DUTY.....THEN YOU HAVE TO KNOW THIS IS
PRICELESS! Enjoy a good laugh! These are from a book called: "Disorder in the American Courts",
and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published by court
reporters that had the torment of staying calm while these exchanges were actually taking place.

WITNESS: I forget.
ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?
WITNESS: We do.
ATTORNEY: You do?
WITNESS: Yes, voodoo.
ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?
WITNESS: Are you kidding me?
WITNESS: Getting laid
WITNESS: None.
ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?
WITNESS: Your Honor, I think I need a different attorney. Can I get a new attorney?
WITNESS: Take a guess.
WITNESS: Unless the Circus was in town I'm going with male.
ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?
WITNESS: Oral.
WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.
ATTORNEY: And, Mr. Denton was dead at the time?
WITNESS: If not, he was by the time I finished.

WITNESS: Are you qualified to ask that question?
ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
WITNESS: No .
ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
ATTORNEY: I see, but could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law.
----------
And that my friends is a good example why, most politicians in our government and courts are lawyers
and our nation is so screwed up.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

guest wrote:
-
So, Clay ... you present your church and your leaders as the *expert* on all things Christian.
-
So tell us - and be specific - What ABOUT the stuff Jesus said and did that are NOT RECORDED in the NT?
-
-
Clay wrote:
The things Jesus said and did that are not written in the NT are obviously still the Word of God. Its called divine word and divine tradition. Its protected from error because it came from the Holy Spirit.
I honestly don't know exactly what they all are.
We certainly see the Holy Mass and Eucharist falling under this description. Although they both are seen in Holy Scripture too, but not entirely spelled out. Same with the Papacy. We see it in scripture but really see it take shape in the yrs following the death of Peter. Evidently those first Christians were following the direction of someone ..
-
Of course you don't know all the things Jesus said.
Who knows, maybe he instructed his fishermen friends on how to tie their nets? Maybe he gave pointers on carpentry? Maybe he discussed how inadequate the politics of the day was .. who knows. We don't. no-one does. Perhaps the reason everything was not recorded is because he didn't want to confuse us any more than we already are.
-
The First Century Christians WERE following the direction of *someone* They were following the direction of Jesus Christ, since he DID say he would send a 'helper', and that helper would be the Holy Spirit. It was through the power of Holy Spirit that the words of God were preserved.
-
Think about it; If Holy Spirit is powerful enough to preserve God's Word - then Holy Spirit would be powerful to make sure that his ONE TRUE CHURCH could not possibly become as corrupted as the Catholic church. Torture and murder, after all, is as corrupt as you can get.
-
Holy Spirit is powerful enough to make sure the most prominent leaders would protect the integrity of the church and NEVER sanction torture or murder - for once Holy Spirit is weak enough to allow torture and murder to be sanctioned, it's game over. Satan has won at that point.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope shows THE most ultimate respect for God's words.
YOU are showing the most abomination to God and should show more respect for JESUS' CHURCH and NOT try to change everything Jesus taught.
Time is running out for you LTM, time to repent....and love His Church.
Oops, maybe you can't since you broke a Commandment ...
JESUS said 'whoever divorces and remarries commits adultery.
You and OX are in the same boat. Sad.
Catholics have to ignore the teaching of Christ so they can make money selling "annulments"...

And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies with lil' aimee the adulteress, drug addicted founder of your church will get you nowhere, only in a very hot place.
“In the years that followed, Sister Aimee continued her preaching and international tours, but her love affair with the press had ended, and rumors persistently followed her. She MARRIED A THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California. The Angelus Temple still is a church for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over two million members worldwide.”
http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...
Canadian born Aimee Semple McPherson,
In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a Pentecostal mission"
Jesus said ‘beware of sheep in wolf’s clothing.
You can spot the graduates of Hollywood 101 Seminar a mile away!!!!! The smell is undeniable...

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>

And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Yes Ox!! You have "just described" the mis-guided, mis-interpreting and mis-directed group of Protestant "bible only" self-interpreters that have "watered down" the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Gospel, the words of Jesus Himself, the Epistles as well as the "entire New Testament" regarding the Sacrament of Marriage. Divorce "runs rampant" in the Protestant Church, as does "justifying abortion, homosexual preachers, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, woman ministers, ect.--
Add, to the fact, that Protestant minister sexual abuses,(equal) or exceed those in the Catholic Church and you have a condemning and judgemental group of (bible only) "Catholic Bashing "hypocrites" of which all 42,000 contradicting denominations,(HAVE NOT nor CANNOT) agree on ANYTHING, accept to attack the TRUTH! The TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, which came in 382,393 and 397AD by the Early Church Fathers...... Bible only "Relative Truth" (what each person decides) has "corrupted" (not only secular society, but has "infected" Protestantism, which only confirms the writings from a 19th century theologian, when he wrote:" An immoral society, "justifies" its own sin"!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, just how old are you?
I just left Church and asked the Priest when the Church started using the tabernacle to store leftover Eucharist so people didn't have to 'gobble it all up'. He said it was hundreds of yrs ago.
That's weird because you said you saw it when you were a 'catholic'. That's impossible because no one practiced that for hundreds of yrs.
I take no joy in catching you lying. Serious Chuck. No joy. But it shows who you are.
I was in grade school and attended Immaculate Conception church in Columbus, Oh. I was an altar boy at the time. Saw eucharistic ministers eating leftover eucharist with my own eyes so don't tell me a liar.

Your friend Dan even said a priest will do it if there are a few left. Plus, I know all about the tabernacle you boob and that wasn't even part of my original question.

I forgive you for calling me a liar. Typically catholic Clay. My priest said it, must be true.
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in grade school and attended Immaculate Conception church in Columbus, Oh. I was an altar boy at the time. Saw eucharistic ministers eating leftover eucharist with my own eyes so don't tell me a liar.
Your friend Dan even said a priest will do it if there are a few left. Plus, I know all about the tabernacle you boob and that wasn't even part of my original question.
I forgive you for calling me a liar. Typically catholic Clay. My priest said it, must be true.
Good morning. Apparently you witnessed something quite pare. Forgive me for calling you a liar. I don't put it pass any of you to use deception when attempting to get your point across. After all, you've convinced yourselves you're up against the anti Christ and Whore of Babylon. I think some of you feel ok with lying so as long as its against this wicked Church that you and the Devil hate so much.

I never heard or saw of a Priest or Eucharistic Ministers gobbling up the left over bread. There is no reason to do it. Wine yes. Bread no.
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Yes, we know Paul wrote a couple more letters.
-
Yes, common sense tells us not every detail of Christ's life was recorded for posterity. One would have to be a complete fool not to recognize that.
-
But if you truly love Jesus Christ, you will listen to him - rather than listening to man. One should listen to and pay heed to the words Jesus said that WERE recorded. If you can't obey a direct command from Jesus ... then why even worry about stuff that no longer exists - because it was NOT recorded and preserved by Holy Spirit?
-
I would think a person who prizes common sense would would realize God has left us adequate information, and if we listen to it - and not ADD to it - it is sufficient.
-
When you blatantly ignore Jesus' words that WERE RECORDED, "Call no man father..." you treat him with contempt!... so why even bother obsessing about what was NOT recorded or preserved?
-
You should know this: ALL that WAS preserved, by God's Holy Spirit, is adequate for the Christian believer. True Christians realize this, and listen to Christ.
-
Jesus said it - he meant it. and he said it for a reason. You ignore his direct command when you call a priest 'Father'.
We don't ignore "call no man Father". You do. You are applying your own ideology to it and putting a meaning behind Our Lords words which He did not intend for.
Don't you wonder why very little of you protestants (or protestants of the original protestants) have an issue with this?
Normal people see why Jesus said it and who He said it towards. They were not His Apostles or Bishops and Priests.
You're isolating this sentence for your own personal vendetta against the Holy Catholic Church.
This is why we rely heavily on the sacred tradition of the Church and the writings of the Apostolic fathers. Because common sense tells us the Apostles explained this stuff already. If you wanna really know what was taught, go to the Church fathers writings.
If you want some dudes opinion - 2,000 yrs later on what was taught, go to Confrint and 50,000 other private Popes. I'll take Ignatius of Antioch or Clement of Rome before Pat Robertson any day.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. Apparently you witnessed something quite pare. Forgive me for calling you a liar. I don't put it pass any of you to use deception when attempting to get your point across. After all, you've convinced yourselves you're up against the anti Christ and Whore of Babylon. I think some of you feel ok with lying so as long as its against this wicked Church that you and the Devil hate so much.
I never heard or saw of a Priest or Eucharistic Ministers gobbling up the left over bread. There is no reason to do it. Wine yes. Bread no.
So you apologize for calling me a liar and then you justify it in your post. Next time save the apology.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics have to ignore the teaching of Christ so they can make money selling "annulments"...
==>You could also add..

Jesus said

Mat 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Mat 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

===>Mat 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. <===

___

1Ti_6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You can spot the graduates of Hollywood 101 Seminar a mile away!!!!! The smell is undeniable...
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
~~~

Yep also beware of those that are dressed as Red birds...Cardinals

Com judgment day they will be very Blue Jays...
Free Mind

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I already have!! I just don't "put up" with his "heretical and exaggerated, editorialized anti-catholic BS!!
No you have not. Anyone can see it.

Your faith is weak, just like your rants and name-calling.

Now forgive me like you mean it and stop your BS pretending.
Free Mind

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay writes -- "I don't put it pass any of you to use deception when attempting to get your point across."

Now you should understand why I call you out on your own deceptions -- like 80% of Popes were dark-skinned of African decent.

I am here for you. Stop doing what you call out others for doing.

Two wrongs do not make a right.
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you apologize for calling me a liar and then you justify it in your post. Next time save the apology.
Well I still don't believe you. But I don't wanna officially call you a liar, because I don't know what really happened or the circumstances surrounding it.
And lets face it Chuck, your team doesn't hesitate to accuse me of worshiping a statue or Mary. That issue I know is a lie. So how can i truly trust a story you tell that is meant to make us look stupid?
Free Mind

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I am working with them on morality and virtue. So please be patient.

You need to learn forgiveness as well.

We forgive you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Yep also beware of those that are dressed as Red birds...Cardinals
Com judgment day they will be very Blue Jays...
~~~

Psa 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take
counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

Psa 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

Psa 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Psa 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

==>Note..The word of GOD

==>Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.<===

Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
___

==>JESUS SAID

Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written,

===> Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.<==

Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written,

==>Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.<==
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay writes -- "I don't put it pass any of you to use deception when attempting to get your point across."
Now you should understand why I call you out on your own deceptions -- like 80% of Popes were dark-skinned of African decent.
I am here for you. Stop doing what you call out others for doing.
Two wrongs do not make a right.
Ah no Free, that's not what I said. Read it again, then apologize to me. Actually, don't apologize, because its not a big deal, I don't care.

For the record. I said 80%(about) were dark skinned. As in 'not white looking'
Then I said ONE was from Africa, but I didn't know his name. Only ONE, free.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Lord can forgive Michael and I, why can't you?
you are beneath him,fore you are not catholic so that makes you infrerior in the eyes of pope hojo,the self appointed vicar and voice of catholics on this site.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You, Michael, are a "bigger dip" than I thought! NO CARDINAL--who ever said "pick me, pick me" EVER was made Pope....ANY Cardinal that has EVER "campaigned to become Pope "has always" remained aCardinals.... These (far reaching --"ridiculous, outlandish "lies" of yours are SO--- typical of the "junk comments" that you pass out on this forum...... It is "No wonder" that you don't pack up your "phony editorial opinions" and move on! Your "far reaching" heretical comments, are just "thrown out" hoping that something "sticks" and that a "gullible (non- thinking, rebellious anti-catholic like you, will "buy into" the (liberal BS) that has become a "trademark" of your life!!! UNBELIEVABLE--and DOUBLE BUSTED
no cardinal was chosen because even though he wanted to be pope he probably did not have a big enough bank account to buy the chair,like it has been done in the past,that is what makes this true church idea a joke,you want to be part of the church? just put the right amount on a check and you can join the higherarchy of the church.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 411,621 - 411,640 of512,163
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••