Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687171 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Marathon, Canada

#427307 Mar 13, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the Bible. You are forgetting so much.
Jesus has some little children killed by a bear because they were being children and mocked a supposed prophet. Since when is just being a child a capital crime?
Or how come Jesus could not destroy one enemy army, because they had chariots made of iron?
I guess its the way you look at things the children of Israel took in account of all people they were called the children of God.
Skip to comments.
BIBLICAL ETHICS ~ Did God Kill Children?(Second Kings 2:23-25)

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 09:13:40 AM by SeanG200

....One last point before we bullet point the complete idea behind the Holy and Rightful judgement from the Judge of all mankind. there were 42 persons killed by two bears. Obviously this would require many more than 42 people. Why? What happens when you have a group of ten people and a bear comes crashing out of the bushes in preparation to attack? Every one will immediately scatter! In the debate I pointed out that freezing 42 people and allowing the bears time to go down the line to kill each one would be even more of a miracle than this skeptic would want to allow. So the common sense position would require a large crowd and some sort of terrain to cut off escape. So the crowd would probably have been at least a few hundred.

Also, this holy man of God was coming back from a “mission,” he would have had an entourage with him, as well as having some sort of head-covering on as pictured above. So, what do these cultural and historical points cause us to rightly assume? That the crowd could not see that the prophet was bald. Which means they would have had to of gotten physical — forcefully removing the head covering. Which means also that the men with the prophet Elisha would have also been overpowered. So lets bullet point the points that undermine the skeptics viewpoint:
&#10004; The crowd was in their late teens to early twenties;
&#10004; they were antisemitic (this is known from most of the previous passages and books);
&#10004; they were from a violently cultic city;
&#10004; the crowd was large;
&#10004; the crowd had already turned violent.

(Excerpt) Read more at religiopoliticaltalk.com
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#427308 Mar 13, 2013
Free-Mind why does God allow for the killing of children
The answer is yes.

The problem with most Christians, and this article, is they don’t differentiate between physical death and spiritual death. We are all going to die a physical death.

God ordered the Israelites to kill all men, women and children in some battles. He included animals in some instances. He did this, in His wisdom, to keep the Israelites from adopting their ways which where an abomination to Him. He also did it to eliminate what we see far to often throughout history, including today, I am killing you because your father killed my father.

We have people read the Bible, or see children killed in a calamity of some sort, asking how can God allow innocent children to be killed. None are innocent, except Jesus the Christ, and deserve a spiritual death.

When anyone dies, their eternal destination is judged by God on only one criteria, do they admit they are a sinner and accept His Son’s sacrifice for them. He knows their heart and will judge them fairly.
in Revelation the WRATH of GOD will kill ALL unbelievers - man, women and children. And unless the Biblical ethics crowd does not get saved by the calling of God, they too will be under the Wrath of God one day soon. Those are God’s Words - not mine. If you don’t like it - don’t shoot the deliverer of this message, take it up with God Almighty - Possessor or heaven and earth -
Are you now the new God, that you should judge or question the God of all creation?

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#427309 Mar 13, 2013
We have a new Pope!!!

Thanks be to God!!

News on every single channel!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#427310 Mar 13, 2013
StarC wrote:
We have a new Pope!!!
Thanks be to God!!
What new tradition do you think he'll come up with? You think it'll be something about Mary?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#427311 Mar 13, 2013
StarC wrote:
We have a new Pope!!!
Thanks be to God!!
If this process were Biblical, we wouldn't have had to have votes that went up in smoke.

God's man would've been glowing or speaking in languages he'd never learned or something like that. That is, if this were biblical...

Still looking for the qualifications for Pope and Cardinal in my Bible. No luck. Actually, I'm not finding the words Pope or Cardinal either... Or, conclave for that matter. All MAN-MADE, SILLY, False teaching!!

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#427312 Mar 13, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What new tradition do you think he'll come up with? You think it'll be something about Mary?
Blessed Mother Mary is not a new tradition! Luke1:46-55

Holy Smoke, Habemus papam!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#427313 Mar 13, 2013
* The Rosary, mechanical praying with beads, invented by Peter the Hermit 1090
* Transubstantiation, proclaimed by pope Innocent III 1215
* Auricular Confession of sins to a priest instead of to God, instituted by pope Innocent III, in
Lateran Council 1215
* Purgatory proclaimed a dogma by Council of Florence 1439
* Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary, proclaimed by pope Pius IX 1854
* Infallibility of the pope in matters of faith and morals, proclaimed by the Vatican Council

**and now God's Word:
Matt 15:2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat.” 3 He answered them,“And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God commanded,‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and,‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’ 5 But you say,‘If anyone tells his father or his mother,“What you would have gained from me is given to God,”[a] 6 he need not honor his father.’ So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word[b] of God. 7 You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:

8 “‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;
9 in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#427314 Mar 13, 2013
@Saban fan.....
“After the Holy Apostles (Peter and Paul) had founded and set the Church in order (in Rome) they gave over the exercise of the episcopal office to Linus. The same Linus is mentioned by St. Paul in his Epistle to Timothy. His successor was Anacletus”

Among the apostles there were two groups. The first consisted of the Twelve, who witnessed the whole of Christ's earthly ministry from his baptism to his Ascension (Acts 1:21-26). The second group of apostles, including Paul and Barnabas (Acts 14:14), was not bound by this condition. Thus Paul had seen and been commissioned as an apostle by the risen Christ (1 Cor. 9:1, Gal. 1:1), though he had not been a disciple of Jesus during his earthly ministry (Acts 9, 1 Cor. 15:8).“
---by Jimmy Akins
http://jimmyakin.com/library

Acts 2:42 reports

that the people "devoted themselves to the teaching of the Apostles" and in

Acts 5:13: "No one of the rest dared to join himself to them [the Apostles]

but the people magnified them." So all did understand from the start that

it was the Apostles, and they alone who had the commission from Christ to

teach. St. Paul constantly teaches with authority. Pope St. Clement I, in
an Epistle to Corinth c. 95 AD, intervened with authority. He said: "Our
Apostles knew through our Lord Jesus Christ that there would be strife over
the name of Bishop. As a result, having received full foreknowledge, they
appointed those we have mentioned, and meanwhile added a provision that if
these would fall asleep [die] other approved men should receive their
ministry."
Acts 1, tells us that the FIRST ECUMENICAL COUNCILS was held to replace Judas.
For it is written in the Book of Psalms:'Let his encampment become desolate, and may no one dwell in it.' And:'May ANOTHER TAKE HIS OFFICE.'
Therefore, it is necessary that one of the men who accompanied us the whole time the Lord Jesus came and went among us,
beginning from the baptism of John until the day on which he was taken up from us, become with us a witness to his resurrection."
So they PROPOSED TWO, Joseph called Barsabbas, who was also known as Justus, and Matthias.
Then they prayed, "You, Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which one of THESE TWO YOU HAVE CHOSEN
TO TAKE THE PLACE IN THIS APOSTOLIC MINISTRY from which Judas turned away to go to his own place."
Then they gave lots to them, and the lot fell upon Matthias, and he was counted with the eleven apostles

I must run to see who our new Pope is. Have a blessed day!
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#427315 Mar 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess its the way you look at things the children of Israel took in account of all people they were called the children of God.
Skip to comments.
BIBLICAL ETHICS ~ Did God Kill Children?(Second Kings 2:23-25)
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 09:13:40 AM by SeanG200
....One last point before we bullet point the complete idea behind the Holy and Rightful judgement from the Judge of all mankind. there were 42 persons killed by two bears. Obviously this would require many more than 42 people. Why? What happens when you have a group of ten people and a bear comes crashing out of the bushes in preparation to attack? Every one will immediately scatter! In the debate I pointed out that freezing 42 people and allowing the bears time to go down the line to kill each one would be even more of a miracle than this skeptic would want to allow. So the common sense position would require a large crowd and some sort of terrain to cut off escape. So the crowd would probably have been at least a few hundred.
Also, this holy man of God was coming back from a “mission,” he would have had an entourage with him, as well as having some sort of head-covering on as pictured above. So, what do these cultural and historical points cause us to rightly assume? That the crowd could not see that the prophet was bald. Which means they would have had to of gotten physical — forcefully removing the head covering. Which means also that the men with the prophet Elisha would have also been overpowered. So lets bullet point the points that undermine the skeptics viewpoint:
&#10004; The crowd was in their late teens to early twenties;
&#10004; they were antisemitic (this is known from most of the previous passages and books);
&#10004; they were from a violently cultic city;
&#10004; the crowd was large;
&#10004; the crowd had already turned violent.
(Excerpt) Read more at religiopoliticaltalk.com
All made up after the fact to explain. And sytill full of holes.

One glaring problem -- in the Bible, are "late teens to early twenties" described anywhere else as "young boys?"

No way!!! This is an era when "late teens to early twenties" were considered grown men.

So the passage is woefully incomplete and you are left to fill in many blanks. Funny, freezing people in place for the bears to maul is too much to handle, but bears coming out of nowhere, and we even know the sex - is not!!

I'm still skeptical.
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#427316 Mar 13, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Blessed Mother Mary is not a new tradition! Luke1:46-55
Holy Smoke, Habemus papam!
Strange fact...

Mary was not mentioned once in the first Nicene Creed.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#427317 Mar 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Pelase post mine - in detail and have a ready response collaborating my error(s).
I'll wait, or will you just divert altogether like you have done repeatedly? We'll eventually see how honest you are. If not, "God" sure will, huh?
<quoted text>
"Screwtape?" - posting to the wrong poster again?
As for my opinion of you, and if you are "wormwood", well, I know you aren't a plant, so that rules out that definition. As for being "bitter" or "extremely unpleasant", I don't know you well enough to make a conclusion on these traits, but I can say, you aren't very honest.
Whether or not, you being bitter upon what I've written has caused you to be dishonest, I really don't know. Sounds like something your "Self" will be able to help you resolve. All yo have to do is listen for that little voice inside you.
You know - your subconscious - so you can "know yourself" and "look within".
<quoted text>
Yes I have, and will continue to do so. It's not my fault that you believe them to be true, even when I've shown you multiple times that the meanings you think exist - DON'T.
<quoted text>
....all by men describing a unseen "God".
Are you really this gullible or ignorant to believe everything you read? Do a lot more research.
Oh yeah, anticipate the astonishment.
Screwtape, Allow me to suggest to you that descriptions of God that come from men inspired by God are reliable. Jesus' descriptions of God should be credible too.

Error is in virtually every post you post, Screwtape. Keep looking for Wormwood. You are right. I am not he. No one here is ignorant enough to be the follower of the self-proclaimed New Age Spiritual Leader.

To believe the words of the Bible you suggest is gullible? Well then I guess I'm gullible, because I'm believing it, word for word... No matter how you try to twist it into a convoluted contradiction.
Noexict

Valparaiso, IN

#427318 Mar 13, 2013
I believe in NO religion and especially NO man that wears funny clothes and claims to speak for the almighty! They are evil especially the Catholics and what the he$$ is all this $hit about changing rules of religion; the craziest dumbest thing I ever heard of in my life!

Crazy bunch of heathens!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#427319 Mar 13, 2013
does anyone wanna get saved for-realz up in here today?:-)
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#427320 Mar 13, 2013
StarC wrote:
@Saban fan.....
“After the Holy Apostles (Peter and Paul) had founded and set the Church in order (in Rome) they gave over the exercise of the episcopal office to Linus. The same Linus is mentioned by St. Paul in his Epistle to Timothy. His successor was Anacletus”
Among the apostles there were two groups. The first consisted of the Twelve, who witnessed the whole of Christ's earthly ministry from his baptism to his Ascension (Acts 1:21-26). The second group of apostles, including Paul and Barnabas (Acts 14:14), was not bound by this condition. Thus Paul had seen and been commissioned as an apostle by the risen Christ (1 Cor. 9:1, Gal. 1:1), though he had not been a disciple of Jesus during his earthly ministry (Acts 9, 1 Cor. 15:8).“
---by Jimmy Akins
ministry."
For it is written in the Book of Psalms:'Let his encampment become desolate, and may no one dwell in it.' And:'May ANOTHER TAKE HIS OFFICE.'
Therefore, it is necessary that one of the men who accompanied us the whole time the Lord Jesus came and went among us,
beginning from the baptism of John until the day on which he was taken up from us, become with us a witness to his resurrection."
So they PROPOSED TWO, Joseph called Barsabbas, who was also known as Justus, and Matthias.
Then they prayed, "You, Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which one of THESE TWO YOU HAVE CHOSEN
TO TAKE THE PLACE IN THIS APOSTOLIC MINISTRY from which Judas turned away to go to his own place."
Then they gave lots to them, and the lot fell upon Matthias, and he was counted with the eleven apostles
1 Cor. 13: 8-12
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

I believe fully in the Apostles and in their office. I believe in the miracles they performed and were able to perform. I believe that they spoke in languages they had never learned so they could teach the gospel of the Christ they had witnessed.No Apostles exist today. Completeness has come. The 1st century Christians only knew in part and they needed to see those miracles for confirmation that what these men said was directly from God. Now we have the Bible. The Apostles accomplished their work and then they died. We have no qualifications in scripture for them or for Cardinals or any of the other made up characters found in the hierarchy of the church of Catholics. We only read of the qualifications of Elders or Bishops and Deacons. That's all of the governing (serving) officials we read about and all that we intended.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#427321 Mar 13, 2013
StarC wrote:
We have a new Pope!!!
Thanks be to God!!
You don't need a Pope;
you need Jesus StarC.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#427322 Mar 13, 2013
StarC wrote:
@Saban fan.....
---by Jimmy Akins
ministry."
Don't cry for me Argentina...A Jesuit Pope. Awesome!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427323 Mar 13, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
"Do not sacrifice your children to strange Gods."
Something for my kids to think about.
Aw shucks!!

*unwraps child from tabletop*

Wait!! Is the god only "strange" if they are blue? What about with multiple arms?

This just doesn't sound right.

:o)

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#427324 Mar 13, 2013
Jesus appointed the first Pope, to carry on His Church on earth, LTM. Thank you Jesus!
Mt 16:18

"POPE FRANCIS I", Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglo,
from Argentina. First Latin American Pope ever!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#427325 Mar 13, 2013
Took a while to get out of his red and lace dress and into his wedding dress.

Heard he was #2 on ALL of the ballots - boy, that shows *inspiration*! Ha!

Its all a SHOW folks. They've hijacked the church God intended and Jesus died for. The real church of Christ still exists though.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#427326 Mar 13, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't cry for me Argentina...A Jesuit Pope. Awesome!!!
"Don't cry for me Argentina"
:-D!

God bless Pope Francis!!!
Fisher of men.

<><

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) 14 hr Tom Fontaine 42
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon JAXON 10,631
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web