Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
411,541 - 411,560 of 533,623 Comments Last updated 22 min ago
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay writes ---- "Read it again, then apologize to me. Actually, don't apologize, because its not a big deal,"
Clay, now here are your exact words copied from post #426964.....
"Good morning. Apparently you witnessed something quite pare. Forgive me for calling you a liar."
Wake up, that IS called an apology.
As for the "dark-skin," I specifically included the word African in my original statement. You are spinning like a top, because you didn't read my words and went immediately into denial, claiming that 80% of the first 48 or so Popes had dark skin.
As always, I forgive you, but please try to pay attention to what was actually written before you reply.
I am now concerned. Are you OK? Are you on drugs?
Huh? They did have dark skin. And I said ONE was African. I made no such claim that 80% were African.
You're nuts. Just how free is your mind anyway?
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then cry out to Christ Himself if you're spiritually weak. Can He restore that for you? Why do you need intercession of Mary when you can go directly to Christ? Makes no sense Clay...none.
Thats because you're on the outside of the Church looking in.
The fact is, we almost always go directly to Christ in prayer.
Sometimes we ask our friends and family and YES, Mary and the Saints to pray with us too.

Do you ever ask your friends to pray for you? Why? Makes no sense, why do you need intercession of your friends and family when you can do it yourself.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
Question: "Who created God? Where did God come from?"
Answer: A common argument from atheists and skeptics is that if all things need a cause, then God must also need a cause. The conclusion is that if God needed a cause, then God is not God (and if God is not God, then of course there is no God). This is a slightly more sophisticated form of the basic question “Who made God?” Everyone knows that something does not come from nothing. So, if God is a “something,” then He must have a cause, right?
The question is tricky because it sneaks in the false assumption that God came from somewhere and then asks where that might be. The answer is that the question does not even make sense. It is like asking,“What does blue smell like?” Blue is not in the category of things that have a smell, so the question itself is flawed. In the same way, God is not in the category of things that are created or caused. God is uncaused and uncreated—He simply exists.
How do we know this? We know that from nothing, nothing comes. So, if there were ever a time when there was absolutely nothing in existence, then nothing would have ever come into existence. But things do exist. Therefore, since there could never have been absolutely nothing, something had to have always been in existence. That ever-existing thing is what we call God. God is the uncaused Being that caused everything else to come into existence. God is the uncreated Creator who created the universe and everything in it.
if god is the uncreated creator,then can you give me plausible answers to this, genesis:1:26 And God said, Let us make man in "our image",, after "our" likeness,...he clearly states the word "our" twice,question,who is he talking to? I have asked this question a few times in the past and no one answered me,i figured since the catholics have a direct line to god (the vicar of christ)the pope,they could answer it,but no one does not even pope hojo who is an expert in religion.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, what it is, is falsely accusing someone, Chuck.
But first, people need to convince themselves its true and then ignore the testimonial of the accused.
Bottom line: you need to believe we worship Mary so you believe it.
The thing is, I don't believe any of you actually believe we worship Mary. I think you're just looking for the grand slam of reasons to not be Catholic. And if we actually did worship Mary, that would be a good reason to NOT be Catholic. Duh.
You see us bow our heads and pray with Mary to Jesus, and you think something is happening that is not. I get that part Chuck. But I don't get why you'd continue telling people something about us, when we already explained it to? Are you a serious Christian or not?
When I came back into the Catholic Church, it was because some fundies were telling me all about how Catholics worship Mary. Well, I was in a Catholic grade school too, Chuck. So I knew these fundies were not tellin the truth. That was the first step I needed to steer clear of these guys.
Did they teach you to worship Mary at Immaculate Conception grade school in Ohio? Or are you convincing yourself of something in order to justify leaving the Church?
According to the scripture we need no mediator between us and God.

==>JESUS is our HIGH PRIEST ---WE have no HIGH PRIESTESS...or

liaison person between and Jesus Christ no mediator...

-->We take our petitions straight to the FATHER IN Jesus name..

Jesus said.Joh_16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you,

Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Heb 4:15 ==> For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'Our Father' is said at every Catholic Mass, as you know.
But you seem to think its the only Prayer allowed. I missed the part where Christ said its the only prayer allowed.
Did Christ only pray the Our Father in the Garden of Gethseneme?
How about the Holy Book of Psalms? Can we pray those prayers?
Again Clay..these are Christ's words when He was asked how to pray:

Luke 11: 1 Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him,“Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.” 2 And he said to them,“When you pray, say:
“Father, hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come.
3 Give us each day our daily bread,
4 and forgive us our sins,
for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And lead us not into temptation.”

**You're on the verge of the idiotic posts again Clay.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes we ask our friends and family and YES, Mary and the Saints to pray with us too.
Do you ever ask your friends to pray for you? Why? Makes no sense, why do you need intercession of your friends and family when you can do it yourself.
When Christ died, the curtain in the temple was torn in two. ALL CHRISTIANS have total excess to God Himself. What in the world are you talking about being on the outside looking in?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You may say..." you're on the outside of the Church looking in."

Personally I have no desire to look into

your religious organization

Hmmm ,,,I WONDER HOW GOD FEELS WHEN HE OBSERVES IT..

WHEN HE SEES ..Your idols that provoke him to jealousy...and show that you hate Him...

Exo_20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Deu_5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

Deu_32:41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.

You must enjoy daring God with you disobedience to his word and attempting to rub His nose in it..

Does it make you feel the powere that comes from darkness when you refuse to walk in the light of God's word?

___

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 --> For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.<--

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

we know the universe is billions of years old the earth has been around for quite awhile,according to religious people,we have only been here somewhere between 6 to 10,000 yrs.we know that can't be true,we have a factual fossil record that dates back millions of years,and we keep making even more discoveries that life existed here longer than the bible/scriptures tells us.then i hear the story of two creations,please who made that up? where's the proof?also how come people don't live for hundreds of years like they did in the bible,noah was in his 800's Shem lived 600 years.Salah lived 433 years,Eber lived 464 years.now i ask the question,and i get a reply in jesus' time 1 day equals a thousand years,if that is so then all the people i listed above accomplished their tasks and died in less than one day?,including jesus for he is said to of been in his 30's when he was killed by the romans? is this true? and how is it possible?,i'm 54 so that means what? i'm still a baby?..let's move on to the tower of babel genesis:11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
11:7 Go to, let "US" go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
jethro:take note 11:7 god says the word "US" again who is he talking to??

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

gotta go,be back later,hopefully i'll finally see an answer to my questions.
Fun Facts

Saginaw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
Some Catholics claim they do not worship Mary.
But here are the exact words that the RCC claims Mary said in the most important approved miracle in church history....
Mary says -- "You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
Now it must be true - or the RCC has committed fraud -- because sure enough WW2 broke out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI.
So either Mary tells us she requires "devotion to my Immaculate Heart" to be saved...
... or the RCC has committed fraud.
One or the other.
I hate to accuse the RCC of fraud, so I just assume they worship Mary.
But some still insist the RCC committed fraud. So who is attacking the Church?
You may have overlooked...

http://www.catholic.org/hf/faith/story.php...

Christ gave us an entire Family ... in the Model that God intended...

Mother Blessed Virgin Mary
Brother Jesus Christ/ Lord and Savior God
many Brothers and Sisters..in Christ
God Our ...Father in Heaven...

Christians Worship God and are devoted to our family in Christ
It's nice when Mom drops in...

Questions?

http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
It Is Fine

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
According to a current post, Catholics do not follow the Bible...instead, they follow the teaching of their church!!!! Which is not based on Scripture 100% of the time..
Example: They teach Mary was sinless...that cannot be supported by Scripture...because the Word of God says the opposite: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God...
I just enjoy the show, and it is very entertaining. Nothing wrong with watching a show on The Bible.
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the scripture we need no mediator between us and God.
==>JESUS is our HIGH PRIEST ---WE have no HIGH PRIESTESS...or
liaison person between and Jesus Christ no mediator...
-->We take our petitions straight to the FATHER IN Jesus name..
Jesus said.Joh_16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you,
Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 ==> For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Do you ask your family and friends to Pray for you or not??
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Clay..these are Christ's words when He was asked how to pray:
Luke 11: 1 Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him,“Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.” 2 And he said to them,“When you pray, say:
“Father, hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come.
3 Give us each day our daily bread,
4 and forgive us our sins,
for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And lead us not into temptation.”
**You're on the verge of the idiotic posts again Clay.
Just because you can't respond and make sense at the same time, doesn't make someone else an idiot.

Do you ask your friends and family to Pray for you or not?

Did Christ say the only prayer we absolutely can do, is the Our Father?
Can we sing praise to him?
Can we pray the prayer of thanks for dinner without it being the Our Father?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Ox!! You have "just described" the mis-guided, mis-interpreting and mis-directed group of Protestant "bible only" self-interpreters that have "watered down" the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Gospel, the words of Jesus Himself, the Epistles as well as the "entire New Testament" regarding the Sacrament of Marriage. Divorce "runs rampant" in the Protestant Church, as does "justifying abortion, homosexual preachers, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, woman ministers, ect.--
Add, to the fact, that Protestant minister sexual abuses,(equal) or exceed those in the Catholic Church and you have a condemning and judgemental group of (bible only) "Catholic Bashing "hypocrites" of which all 42,000 contradicting denominations,(HAVE NOT nor CANNOT) agree on ANYTHING, accept to attack the TRUTH! The TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, which came in 382,393 and 397AD by the Early Church Fathers...... Bible only "Relative Truth" (what each person decides) has "corrupted" (not only secular society, but has "infected" Protestantism, which only confirms the writings from a 19th century theologian, when he wrote:" An immoral society, "justifies" its own sin"!!
Undeniable truth....from Scripture...

And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You may say..." you're on the outside of the Church looking in."
Personally I have no desire to look into
your religious organization
Hmmm ,,,I WONDER HOW GOD FEELS WHEN HE OBSERVES IT..
WHEN HE SEES ..Your idols that provoke him to jealousy...and show that you hate Him...
Exo_20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Deu_5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
Deu_32:41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.
You must enjoy daring God with you disobedience to his word and attempting to rub His nose in it..
Does it make you feel the powere that comes from darkness when you refuse to walk in the light of God's word?
___
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 --> For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.<--
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
When God sees an image of Mary holding the crucified Jesus, He gets jealous, according to Confrint?
Who can explain such inexcusable ignorance?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

<quoted text>
==>You could also add..
Jesus said
Mat 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
Mat 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
===>Mat 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. <===
___
1Ti_6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
True...."annulments" do just that...put asunder.....

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Cathy the Catholic says: what could POSSIBLY be a better example of cherry-picking and making inordinate doctrines from isolated and ambiguous scriptures than using "thou art peter..." to establish an entire form of government and conveniently interpret "unless you eat My flesh...." to mean that only said government can do the hocus-pocus necessary to transform wafer into literal 'flesh'??? BUT, let's not tell our protestant friends how moronic this sounds even to us (snicker:)!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
Yep also beware of those that are dressed as Red birds...Cardinals
Com judgment day they will be very Blue Jays...
So will be their followers!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

It Is Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I just enjoy the show, and it is very entertaining. Nothing wrong with watching a show on The Bible.

As do all atheist.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
When God sees an image of Mary holding the crucified Jesus, He gets jealous, according to Confrint?
Who can explain such inexcusable ignorance?
Calling God ignorant tells all that is needed to know about your Spiritual status!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) 7 hr fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 9 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Hebrewsunite 8,197
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••