Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
411,481 - 411,500 of 537,265 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You are totally blind to S I N,and its rudimentary hold on life,society,and the human will.
"SIN" to me is a person going out and willingly on his own accord and hurting someone for his or her own personal gain,whatever that may be.what someone does on their own free will i see no harm in it, as long as no one is getting harmed, man or animal.simple as that.live and let live.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such word, in any dictionary that I have looked at, that has such a word as "pervertness"..
What you are saying is what you think it means....
i didn't make up the word,someone else did,i just ran with it,an wrote what i felt.perverted,pervertness,no matter my answer would still be the same.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
898 843
What you are saying changes not one word of truth in:
Our society is going down the wrong path....among other things, we have elected a President that sides with the perverts of this world.
If you think that God will ever approve the repulsive lifestyle of sexual perversion...think again...
Hear is what He says on the matter:
Leviticus 18:22:
"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
Leviticus 20:13
"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them."
Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."
OXBOW says.......Our society is going down the wrong path....

MICHAEL says......So! what are you doing to change everyones path?

I don't have the fear that you demonstrate all the time. People are sinning today just like they did throughout the ages. We are imperfect beings subject to doing wrong. God knows that.

If God decided just once to appear to everyone on earth, don't you think it would get us back on track mighty quick. A little help from God could go a long way..........nothing yet!

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill witches.
Work on Sunday -- stoned to death.
Eating oysters is an abomination.
Charge someone interest on a loan -- stoned to death.
etc.
etc.
I'm curious. How do you know which ones to apply literally?
Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."
JETHRO:if hell exists,the catholic church is in deep trouble when it finally dies out.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

936 864
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i didn't make up the word,someone else did,i just ran with it,an wrote what i felt.perverted,pervertness,no matter my answer would still be the same.
I know you didn't make up the word...

Thanks for proving my words as being correct...

Quote: What you are saying is what you think it means....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i believe it,wouldn't surprise me that some guys become priests so they don't have to work "A REAL JOB" i've worked with lazy guys before and went to management and got rid of them.if I have to work for my money so does the person who works with me,i don't put up with slackers.
Not to knock the priesthood but!

.......They get a yearly salary, health care, dental plan, pension, car allowance, discount on their tax return for living expenses, some had housekeepers, thousands every year in stipends (tax free money) no heavy lifting, never get their hands dirty, never go on strike never get laid off, no wife or screaming babies to worry about or support, golfing every wednesday, travelling on nice vacations.

Sounds like good work if you can get it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
OXBOW says.......Our society is going down the wrong path....
MICHAEL says......So! what are you doing to change everyones path?
I don't have the fear that you demonstrate all the time. People are sinning today just like they did throughout the ages. We are imperfect beings subject to doing wrong. God knows that.
If God decided just once to appear to everyone on earth, don't you think it would get us back on track mighty quick. A little help from God could go a long way..........nothing yet!
916 898 843
What you are saying changes not one word of truth in:
Our society is going down the wrong path....among other things, we have elected a President that sides with the perverts of this world.
If you think that God will ever approve the repulsive lifestyle of sexual perversion...think again...
Hear is what He says on the matter:
Leviticus 18:22:
"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
Leviticus 20:13
"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them."
Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the fire an brim stone that rained down was from the natural gas explossion LT,heat generated glass fragments that are associated with such explossions was found all over the ground,it blew up and then rained down,natural occurring event embelished to make it seem like a holy event took place,i believe this story because the evidence is right there on the ground in front of you in full view,the story in the bible has nothing to corroborate it as fact.that's where we differ,i need absolute proof to believe in something and when i see film,photos and geological proof that can not be denied,i believe it,and when you tell me a story such as the onein the bible and i say can you prove it,you HAVE to say no i can't,all i have is blind faith to go by. i can't go by that LT, sorry.i'm a realist. despite our differences i still think your a wonderful person,never think other wise....how you feeling by the way??
I am much better, Jethro thanks for asking, head is stll a little stuffy but I believe I am going to live. lol A cold makes a person feel other wise some times.
Jethro, you have my total respect,I think you are a great person.
I can't prove God to you but a fire ball like a metero hitting earth, like the one that just hit Russia
can leave all different kinds of material around, and could plow up all kinds of material already deep with in the earth.
They also are full of gases are they not. I am not an expert by any means. But it is possible is it not.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
936 864
<quoted text>
I know you didn't make up the word...
Thanks for proving my words as being correct...
Quote: What you are saying is what you think it means....
take it anyway you like,my answer would still be the same,just like yours.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to knock the priesthood but!
.......They get a yearly salary, health care, dental plan, pension, car allowance, discount on their tax return for living expenses, some had housekeepers, thousands every year in stipends (tax free money) no heavy lifting, never get their hands dirty, never go on strike never get laid off, no wife or screaming babies to worry about or support, golfing every wednesday, travelling on nice vacations.
Sounds like good work if you can get it.
like i said,lazy guys looking for a hand out,an easy way through life,and if they do have a kid, just ship it off to the orphanage and the church followers pay for their upbringing.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the fire an brim stone that rained down was from the natural gas explossion LT,heat generated glass fragments that are associated with such explossions was found all over the ground,it blew up and then rained down,natural occurring event embelished to make it seem like a holy event took place,i believe this story because the evidence is right there on the ground in front of you in full view,the story in the bible has nothing to corroborate it as fact.that's where we differ,i need absolute proof to believe in something and when i see film,photos and geological proof that can not be denied,i believe it,and when you tell me a story such as the onein the bible and i say can you prove it,you HAVE to say no i can't,all i have is blind faith to go by. i can't go by that LT, sorry.i'm a realist. despite our differences i still think your a wonderful person,never think other wise....how you feeling by the way??
Jethro if it rained down fireballs from heaven there could have cause a gas explosion .
Shock Waves
At impact, shock waves are generated in the meteorite, the ground, and in the surrounding air. As the shockwaves travel through the ground, they produce earthquakes. Scientists think that earthquakes as violent as 13 on the Richter Scale would be possible with larger meteorites. Shock waves travel through the air as sound waves, producing explosions so loud that they may be heard many miles away.

Read more: What Happens When Meteorites Hit?| eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6384142_happens-met...

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am much better, Jethro thanks for asking, head is stll a little stuffy but I believe I am going to live. lol A cold makes a person feel other wise some times.
Jethro, you have my total respect,I think you are a great person.
I can't prove God to you but a fire ball like a metero hitting earth, like the one that just hit Russia
can leave all different kinds of material around, and could plow up all kinds of material already deep with in the earth.
They also are full of gases are they not. I am not an expert by any means. But it is possible is it not.
yes it is possible because we witnessed it on film,BUT!there is a difference in gas an material left behind depending on the type of explossion,that is how the difference can be determined.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro if it rained down fireballs from heaven there could have cause a gas explosion .
Shock Waves
At impact, shock waves are generated in the meteorite, the ground, and in the surrounding air. As the shockwaves travel through the ground, they produce earthquakes. Scientists think that earthquakes as violent as 13 on the Richter Scale would be possible with larger meteorites. Shock waves travel through the air as sound waves, producing explosions so loud that they may be heard many miles away.
Read more: What Happens When Meteorites Hit?| eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6384142_happens-met...
i can't give you a definatitive answer on a shockwave causing an earthquake, i have never read anything about that happening,but i'm glad you mentioned it, you created another avenue to travel to discovering the truth,will have to look this up and see if your right,and you are right,meteors do create very loud noises and shockwaves that in some cases can be heard for great distances,like this recent one,i believe it was mentioned that the shockwave could be felt a hundred miles away,it is possible considering it blew up above tree level and cities create avenues the wave can travel down quicker and travel farther.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope made the decision when he was a 79 year old cardinal saying to the other cardinals "PICK ME!! PICK ME!........
You, Michael, are a "bigger dip" than I thought! NO CARDINAL--who ever said "pick me, pick me" EVER was made Pope....ANY Cardinal that has EVER "campaigned to become Pope "has always" remained aCardinals.... These (far reaching --"ridiculous, outlandish "lies" of yours are SO--- typical of the "junk comments" that you pass out on this forum...... It is "No wonder" that you don't pack up your "phony editorial opinions" and move on! Your "far reaching" heretical comments, are just "thrown out" hoping that something "sticks" and that a "gullible (non- thinking, rebellious anti-catholic like you, will "buy into" the (liberal BS) that has become a "trademark" of your life!!! UNBELIEVABLE--and DOUBLE BUSTED
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael may have just helped you.
Think about it.
Yes!!! Help me "further and more conclusively" defend the TRUTH,the FAITH and the SALVATION in Jesus Christ (in and through) His (historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church....When I read Michael's "trash talking editorial (distorted) opinions" ---it only GREATER confirms AND SOLIDIFIES the hostile and vengeful people that are on this forum (bible only Protestants, agnostics and atheists) that "have nothing better to do" than condemn, attack and pass their hatefilled anti-catholic revenge against the TRUTH of the TRUE FAITH of Jesus Christs (One and only TRUE) Catholic Church......My and family and I, are committed to praying for those "vindictive anti-catholics" (each day) at daily Mass for their hearts, minds, souls and "eyes to be open" to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS CATHOLIC CHURCH!!
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i can't give you a definatitive answer on a shockwave causing an earthquake, i have never read anything about that happening,but i'm glad you mentioned it, you created another avenue to travel to discovering the truth,will have to look this up and see if your right,and you are right,meteors do create very loud noises and shockwaves that in some cases can be heard for great distances,like this recent one,i believe it was mentioned that the shockwave could be felt a hundred miles away,it is possible considering it blew up above tree level and cities create avenues the wave can travel down quicker and travel farther.
I live in Sudbury Ont Jethro, they trained astronauts up here for space. It also has Science North, with different exhibit .
and one is on Meteorites from space that have hit the earth , some are rocks from the moon.
Some of the rocks on display are very colourful Jethro , some smell very bad, you wouldn't think rocks could smell but these do.
any way I live in what is called the Sudbury Basin, which was form by a Meteorite which left behind gold, nickle, and diamonds.
The total ore mined to date in Sudbury is approximately 1.7 billion tons with 40 billion lbs of nickel, 36 billion lbs of copper, 70 million ounces of platinum, palladium and gold and 283 million ounces of silver recovered. At today’s commodity prices, total historic production and current known reserves in Sudbury represent a One Trillion Dollar value.
You and my husband are out doors men, he loves camping, fishing ,and just sitting round a camp fire. In our great northren lakes he could take you places that would just take your breath away.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Its a lifestyle choice being promoted openly starting with children....

California is currently battling with the issue of homosexuality in schools and the general public.

Several lawmakers in that state have introduced legislation to press school systems to list the sexual preference of historical figures in an attempt to "glamorize" the homosexual lifestyle.

They have gone as far as to include in that legislation provisions barring textbooks and school-sponsored activities from "reflecting adversely" on transsexuality, bisexuality, or homosexuality.(SB 1437)

This bill could also remove the traditional family from textbooks by not using words such as "mom" and "dad".

Schools place posters up on their walls encouraging young people to accept and become part of the homosexual lifestyle, but never is there any word of the associated health risks.
Our young people are being lied to by the homosexual activist.

NOTE!!!!!! "accept and become part of the homosexual lifestyle"
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!!! Help me "further and more conclusively" defend the TRUTH,the FAITH and the SALVATION in Jesus Christ (in and through) His (historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church....When I read Michael's "trash talking editorial (distorted) opinions" ---it only GREATER confirms AND SOLIDIFIES the hostile and vengeful people that are on this forum (bible only Protestants, agnostics and atheists) that "have nothing better to do" than condemn, attack and pass their hatefilled anti-catholic revenge against the TRUTH of the TRUE FAITH of Jesus Christs (One and only TRUE) Catholic Church......My and family and I, are committed to praying for those "vindictive anti-catholics" (each day) at daily Mass for their hearts, minds, souls and "eyes to be open" to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS CATHOLIC CHURCH!!

If the Lord can forgive Michael and I, why can't you?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Lord can forgive Michael and I, why can't you?
I already have!! I just don't "put up" with his "heretical and exaggerated, editorialized anti-catholic BS!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies with lil' aimee the adulteress, drug addicted founder of your church will get you nowhere, only in a very hot place.
“In the years that followed, Sister Aimee continued her preaching and international tours, but her love affair with the press had ended, and rumors persistently followed her. She MARRIED A THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California. The Angelus Temple still is a church for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over two million members worldwide.”
http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...
Canadian born Aimee Semple McPherson,
In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a Pentecostal mission"
Jesus said ‘beware of sheep in wolf’s clothing.
~~~
So you rejoice in what you deem to the iniquity of Aimee Semple McPherson,
___
The Bible says

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

___

Your ditto post above has nothing to do with me.

I was not born till 1934...and I never heard of the lady that you are gossiping about until later years....so your post does not offend me ...
if that is your purpose for your re-run.

____

This below means women too...not just the men folk

Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Gal 6:3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

Gal 6:4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

Gal 6:5 For every man shall bear his own burden.

~~~

Did you go about to restore Aimee Semple McPherson,
you seem to rejoice in her failings....
___

This is what God told Solomon to write...(in Old Testament") about

ignorance of God's word...

Pro 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.

Pro 4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

Pro 4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

Pro 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Pro 4:24 Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.

Pro 4:25 Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.

Pro 4:26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.

Pro 4:27 Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••