Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,290
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426905 Mar 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
...... and committing adultery is breaking one of the 10 commandments and we know a lot of that has been going on since day one. Polls indicate over half of all married men and women have sexual flings.
....stealing is right up there too.
&#9668; Deuteronomy 5:21 &#9658;
........"You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor's house or land, his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."
Its obvious SIN was created, so it could be committed. We are imperfect beings, we are going to sin.
.......none of those sins on my soul.
What you are saying changes not one word of truth in:

Our society is going down the wrong path....among other things, we have elected a President that sides with the perverts of this world.

If you think that God will ever approve the repulsive lifestyle of sexual perversion...think again...

Hear is what He says on the matter:
Leviticus 18:22:
"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
Leviticus 20:13
"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them."
Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#426906 Mar 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is an abomination to God. The Pope should show such respect for the Holy Scripture of Our God Most High God.
The Pope shows THE most ultimate respect for God's words.

YOU are showing the most abomination to God and should show more respect for JESUS' CHURCH and NOT try to change everything Jesus taught.

Time is running out for you LTM, time to repent....and love His Church.

Oops, maybe you can't since you broke a Commandment ...
JESUS said 'whoever divorces and remarries commits adultery.

You and OX are in the same boat. Sad.

#426907 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
When you tell a lie, at least have some assurance it cannot be proven so...
Don’t post to me. I said I‘m done with you.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#426908 Mar 10, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Miguelito, don't lie. You have declared many times that you are an atheist.
Miguelito, always assuming things! What makes you think women don't like me? They do like me and they also like garlic!
Garlic man says.........What makes you think women don't like me? They do like me and they also like garlic!

Michael says.......Is this the woman of your dreams? See what garlic did to her? She looks like Mother Theresas Mother.....

http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/Avatar... [term]=ugly%20woman&filter s[primary]=images&filters[ secondary]=videos&sort=1 &o=10

.....you lucky man!
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426909 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Our society is going down the wrong path....among other things, we have elected a President that sides with the perverts of this world.
If you think that God will ever approve the repulsive lifestyle of sexual perversion...think again...
"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them."
Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."
Kill witches.

Work on Sunday -- stoned to death.

Eating oysters is an abomination.

Charge someone interest on a loan -- stoned to death.

etc.

etc.

I'm curious. How do you know which ones to apply literally?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#426910 Mar 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am here to help!
Help who! You mean to help "puff up" your own anti-catholic "ego" with "exaggerate" (so-called statistics" that are "squewed" with the (same old) "editorialized distorted opinions"!!..... If you don't like what the Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church---TRULY teaches and believes (which has obviously escaped your heretical mind) then move on!!! because "no-one"--(especiall y the Catholics like Clay, Anthony, Star, Regina and myself on this forum, believes ANY of the "overblown (trash comments) that come "flying out of your mouth" at a faster rate than Burger King can "pass out their whoppers"!!!!!
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426911 Mar 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are showing the most abomination to God and should show more respect for JESUS' CHURCH and NOT try to change everything Jesus taught.
You are among the saved 5%.

I am among the 95% who are un-saved.

What qualities, morals and virtues do you have that makes you saved -- or does your god care only about dogma and mysticism?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#426912 Mar 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did the Pope quit? He said he was too tired but the very next day was flying around vatican city on a helicopter blowing kisses to all the pilgrims.

Did Jesus say he was too tired to carry the cross? No! He marched on to the end.

The pope is a quitter. Not a very good example I would say.

#426913 Mar 10, 2013
Come Holy Spirit, select a
blessed holy successor of your
appointed St. Peter.[Mt 16:18]
Number 266, 2.12.13

VATICAN INSIDER
http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/the-vati...

“He reminded the stunned cardinals listening to

his intention on February 11 that it was Christ

who ruled the Church, and would continue to rule

the Church. He repeated the same message over the

past two weeks. Those who care for the Church and about the Church should take it to heart, and take

heart from it. Christ is the helmsman, although it

may be difficult to discern the divine hand on the helm from time to time.”
---------Pope B-16
But it is there. We have his word for it.Benedict XVI’s advisers have not made that successor’s already-daunting task any easier by convincing the outgoing pope that he should be known as “Benedict XVI, pope emeritus”or “Roman pontiff emeritus” and that he will continue to wear the white cassock, albeit without the mozzetta, that white half-cape. So to underscore the obvious that has been made a bit obscure by what seem to me ill-advised decisions, it must be stated, on this first day of the Sede Vacante, that there is no bishop of Rome, no Roman pontiff, no pope: today, and until the College of Cardinals elects the next holder of that office. And then there will not be “two popes.” There is only one pope, one bishop of Rome, one Roman pontiff, one holder of the power of the keys, one source of authority in the Church. Period.”
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426914 Mar 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
True, and he never shot at any Allied aircraft either.

Location hidden

#426915 Mar 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Don’t post to me. I said I‘m done with you.
You should thank me for guiding you in your endeavor to become a good liar..

Quote: When you tell a lie, at least have some assurance it cannot be proven so..
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#426916 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
OXBOW says......If you think that God will ever approve the repulsive lifestyle of sexual perversion...think again...

MICHAEL says.......People have been saying/doing the same thing for centuries.........no God yet.

25,000 children starve to death everyday in our world. It would sort of help the credability along if God appeared maybe once to help us out of this dilema. NOPE! People claim they pray to God, for every trivial thing they want and THEIR prayers are answered. I say baloney.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426917 Mar 10, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Help who! You mean to help "puff up" your own anti-catholic "ego" with "exaggerate" (so-called statistics" that are "squewed" with the (same old) "editorialized distorted opinions"!!..... If you don't like what the Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church---TRULY teaches and believes (which has obviously escaped your heretical mind) then move on!!! because "no-one"--(especiall y the Catholics like Clay, Anthony, Star, Regina and myself on this forum, believes ANY of the "overblown (trash comments) that come "flying out of your mouth" at a faster rate than Burger King can "pass out their whoppers"!!!!!
Michael may have just helped you.

Think about it.

Location hidden

#426918 Mar 10, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill witches.
Work on Sunday -- stoned to death.
Eating oysters is an abomination.
Charge someone interest on a loan -- stoned to death.
etc.
etc.
I'm curious. How do you know which ones to apply literally?
898 843

Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426919 Mar 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
How many chinese or vietnamese popes did he list?
How many popes from the north pole have ever been elected? ZERO!
Its the old boys club from western europe.
But some of the pictures make the statues look like they had dark skin.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#426920 Mar 10, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>So is this this what you would
There are gays that actually love the Lord God and are some opf the best people you'd ever want to know.
Yes---and there are many people living in "adultery" that also love the Lord---and there are many people who are "prostitutes, thieves,drunkerts. drug addicts, fornicators, ect. who also the Lord! Still---they are all living their Lives in (sin)!!

#426921 Mar 10, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Clay, you are partially correct. The new testament did not start the Roman Catholic Church. Nor did it start Jesus' church. Jesus himself started His church (a called out group of believers) by calling them to follow Him. When they did, they became a part of His church. The same call is issued to this day, and His church is built the same way. Each time someone chooses to "follow Him' They become a part of His church. Jesus did not call us to come follow the Church.
Wrong! Jesus said ‘build MY Church’
Eph 4: 5 One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism!
Not multiply baptisms, like some of you here.
Not 42K different churches.

Mt 16:18 Peter as Pope
Is St. Peter the Rock on which Jesus built his Church? http://www.youtube.com/watch... #!

#426922 Mar 10, 2013
Have a blessed Sunday and a peaceful 4th week of lent!

<><

#426923 Mar 10, 2013
Famous Quotes from Cardinal Newman

Venerable John Henry Cardinal Newman (1801-1890) was a convert to Catholicism from the Church of England, and one of the great minds of the 19th century. As a Roman Catholic priest he became one of the greatest Catholic apologists in the history of the Church. He was a prolific writer and persuasive preacher. Cardinal Newman will be beatified by His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI on September 19, 2010 in Birmingham, England.

41 Famous Quotes from Cardinal Newman -

“To live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often”

“Fear not that thy life shall come to an end, but rather that it shall never have a beginning.”

“To holy people the very name of Jesus is a name to feed upon, a name to transport. His name can raise the dead and transfigure and beautify the living.”

“Learn to do thy part and leave the rest to Heaven.”

“I sought to hear the voice of God And climbed the topmost steeple, But God declared: "Go down again - I dwell among the people."

“If we insist on being as sure as is conceivable... we must be content to creep along the ground, and can never soar.”

“Faith is illuminative, not operative; it does not force obedience, though it increases responsibility; it heightens guilt, but it does not prevent sin. The will is the source of action.”

“Faith ventures and hazards ... counting the costs and delighting in the sacrifice.”

“You must make up your mind to the prospect of sustaining a certain measure of pain and trouble in your passage through life.”

“Let us act on what we have, since we have not what we wish.”

“The love of our private friends is the only preparatory exercise for the love of all men.”

“Ability is sexless.”

“Calculation never made a hero.”

“If we are intended for great ends, we are called to great hazards.”

“To be deep in history, is to cease to be Protestant.”

http://www.aquinasandmore.com/catholic-articl...

#426924 Mar 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did the Pope quit? He said he was too tired but the very next day was flying around vatican city on a helicopter blowing kisses to all the pilgrims.
Did Jesus say he was too tired to carry the cross? No! He marched on to the end.
The pope is a quitter. Not a very good example I would say.
Why aren't you working? Your younger then 85?[or maybe not,lol]
The Pope retired, he is 85 years old .... did you work until 85?

He is blind in one eye and is hard of hearing...
OMG!
Give the guy a break!

JESUS was GOD he was able to take it, he died for YOU!!!
Unbeliever!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Married in 8,302
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... Sun Barbarian 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Sep 19 Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Sep 18 Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••