Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,399
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426895 Mar 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuality is a congenital condition much like being "left handed". Before you dismiss the analogy remember there were times in history when being left-handed (the archaic meaning of "sinister") meant you were possessed by evil. You could have been hanged, burned, stoned to death or buried alive. Having personally lived in an Arab country, I can assure you that being left-handed was something that I did my best to hide. Today we know that left handedness is the result of excess testosterone slowing the growth of the left-hemisphere in the developing fetal brain.[2] It's not a choice. It's a condition.Ironically, homosexuality is caused much the same way as being left-handed. Instead of excess testosterone, the developing male fetus receives too little, often too late.Researchers naturally focus on an organ in the brain called the hypothalamus because it is known to be responsible for gender preference. It is also what is called dimorphic, meaning its structure is different in males and females. There's also differences in the hypothalamus between homosexuals and heterosexuals. Recent studies of the different sections or nuclei have revealed much that was not known before. And there have also been some surprises.With advances in laboratory technology, a specific region of the hypothalamus, called the sexually dimorphic nucleus (SDN), has been the focus of some interesting research. The SDN is the most conspicuous anatomical male/female difference in the mammalian brain. The nuclei is 3 to 8 times larger in males than in females. Another nuclei of the hypothalamus, INAH-3, reveals that heterosexual males have double the volume of both homosexual and female subjects.....JETHRO:there is more proof that your sexualaity is genetically determined,you did not read the site tony posted,and there are more by other science groups that come to the same conclussion to the one tony posted.ALSO in the land of the so called true church,it was very common practice that male slaves gave their masters massages with a happy ending.the size of a phalis hanging over the main door of a romans house determined his status of power in rome.
The truth does not change...

To date, no evidence of a "homosexual gene" has been found. All evidence supports the fact that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, not a predetermined genetic trait such as being right handed or left handed, or having a specific skin color.

As a matter of fact, according to information provided by Ben Rast at Contender Ministries, "A British psychologist has had enormous success in providing 'reorientation' therapy to homosexuals who want to change. This is not a surgery or a medical treatment, but it is effective. How could it be effective if the cause of homosexuality is physical? Well, it couldn't be. Homosexuality is a choice, not a genetic predisposition."

I can full well understand, because of some quirk, birth defects that, could produce both physical and biological abnormalities...once or twice in a "blue moon"....but that is not what is happening....its a lifestyle....
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#426896 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So then...that person so born, has no idea which gender it is....male or female...that has to be determined by the parents....and so corrected..
As I said...that I can understand...it happens...but it is not commonplace...
As I have shown you, biological defects, also happen..and can be corrected...if the individual wants....but...that type defect is not a common occurrence....
wHAT IS THE PARENTS MAKE A MISTAKE. I LIVED IN A HOME WERE A CHILD HAD EVERYTHING FEMALE, BUT ACTED VERY MUCH LIKE A BOY.
EVERYONE THOUGH HE WAS JUST BEING A TOMBOY.
ABOUT THE AGE OF 12-13 THINGS CHANGED THERE WAS NO VISABLE SIGNS OF HIM BEING FEMALE BUT MANY SIGNS OF HIM BEING A BOY.
UP TILL THE TIME HE WAS 18 PEOPLE THOUGHT HE WAS GAY 'BUTCH'
THEN HE WAS GROWN FACIAL HAIR AND CHEST HAIR FLAT CHESTED ETC.
THIS HAPPENS BUT HE WAS STILL A BOY. HE HAD A OPERATION ALL HIS MALE PARTS DIDN'T DEVELOPE OUTSIDE THE BODY BUT INSIDE.
HE IS MARRIED AND HAS CHILDREN TODAY. SORRY ABOUT THE LARGE PRINT.

Location hidden

#426897 Mar 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You better not hate them, maybe one of your grandfathers or grandmothers was gay.
Cute....but infantile in nature...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#426898 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Our society is going down the wrong path....among other things, we have elected a President that sides with the perverts of this world.
If you think that God will ever approve the repulsive lifestyle of sexual perversion...think again...
Hear is what He says on the matter:
Leviticus 18:22:
"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
Leviticus 20:13
"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them."
Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."
...... and committing adultery is breaking one of the 10 commandments and we know a lot of that has been going on since day one. Polls indicate over half of all married men and women have sexual flings.

....stealing is right up there too.

&#9668; Deuteronomy 5:21 &#9658;

........"You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor's house or land, his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

Its obvious SIN was created, so it could be committed. We are imperfect beings, we are going to sin.

.......none of those sins on my soul.
Garlic man

AOL

#426899 Mar 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You better not hate them, maybe one of your grandfathers or grandmothers was gay.
Hey Michael,
I understand you are an atheist, so why do you visit certain Catholic blogs?
You should eat garlic instead!

Location hidden

#426900 Mar 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
wHAT IS THE PARENTS MAKE A MISTAKE. I LIVED IN A HOME WERE A CHILD HAD EVERYTHING FEMALE, BUT ACTED VERY MUCH LIKE A BOY.
EVERYONE THOUGH HE WAS JUST BEING A TOMBOY.
ABOUT THE AGE OF 12-13 THINGS CHANGED THERE WAS NO VISABLE SIGNS OF HIM BEING FEMALE BUT MANY SIGNS OF HIM BEING A BOY.
UP TILL THE TIME HE WAS 18 PEOPLE THOUGHT HE WAS GAY 'BUTCH'
THEN HE WAS GROWN FACIAL HAIR AND CHEST HAIR FLAT CHESTED ETC.
THIS HAPPENS BUT HE WAS STILL A BOY. HE HAD A OPERATION ALL HIS MALE PARTS DIDN'T DEVELOPE OUTSIDE THE BODY BUT INSIDE.
HE IS MARRIED AND HAS CHILDREN TODAY. SORRY ABOUT THE LARGE PRINT.
The possibility of parents making a mistake is obvious..they are human. I have never faced that type of situation, so, I cannot answer your "what if" question.

However, I feel confident that is not the only mistake parents will ever make raising their children, and will deal with it the best way they can....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#426901 Mar 10, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Michael,
I understand you are an atheist, so why do you visit certain Catholic blogs?
You should eat garlic instead!
......Never stated I was an atheist.

........ I am non religious. God is guiding me to the catholic sites. Its out of my hands. The keys on my computer go up an down by themselves.

I told you before, I don't eat garlic like candy. I like to get close to women. Maybe there is another reason women don't like you.

I am here to help!

Garlic man

AOL

#426902 Mar 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
......Never stated I was an atheist.
........ I am non religious. God is guiding me to the catholic sites. Its out of my hands. The keys on my computer go up an down by themselves.
I told you before, I don't eat garlic like candy. I like to get close to women. Maybe there is another reason women don't like you.
I am here to help!
Miguelito, don't lie. You have declared many times that you are an atheist.
Miguelito, always assuming things! What makes you think women don't like me? They do like me and they also like garlic!

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#426903 Mar 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Longevity WITH FABLES LIES AND CONJECTURE OF ROME = ETERNAL DAMNATION
LONGEVITY WITH TRUTH, ACCURACY, THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST = ETERNAL LIFE WITH GOD IN HEAVEN.
JESUS SAID...
Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
The ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ...ATTEMPTS TO BIND THE SOULS OF MAN TO THEMSELVES...
THE GRACE OF GOD IS NOT UNDER THE CONTROL ...NOR CAN IT BE MANIPULATED
BY CORRUPTIBLE MAN...
Lies with lil' aimee the adulteress, drug addicted founder of your church will get you nowhere, only in a very hot place.

“In the years that followed, Sister Aimee continued her preaching and international tours, but her love affair with the press had ended, and rumors persistently followed her. She MARRIED A THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California. The Angelus Temple still is a church for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over two million members worldwide.”
http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...
Canadian born Aimee Semple McPherson,
In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a Pentecostal mission"

Jesus said ‘beware of sheep in wolf’s clothing.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#426904 Mar 10, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great one, though I must disagree, you have shown us the Catholic Church's great dilemma!
The Priesthood is a haven for gay men running from their own nature.
If Priests were allowed to marry, then 100% of the Priests who DID NOT marry (a lady) would be presumed to be gay.
No more guesswork. Gay Priests would surely be outed and the Church would no longer be a haven. Thus, more men would be forced to bury themselves deeper into denial and become Baptist ministers.
So I disagree... the RCC has learned much about unintended consequences. That is why I don't believe they will ever allow Priests to marry.
If you ask anyone today about a catholic priest, you know that molesting will enter into the topic at some point.

The good priests are tainted with the same brush as the bad priests. The bishops/cardinals are the real culprits who lied, deceived and covered up these crimes to protect mother church not the victims.

The bishops spent parishioners money to hire psychiatrists to treat the molesting priests, but never was any medical help offered to the victims and their families. Shame on the bishops.

Gay conclave?? Oh no!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-re...

The pope says he is too tired to carry on. Did Jesus say he was too tired when he was on the cross and say......I have had enough boys take me down. NO!

Location hidden

#426905 Mar 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
...... and committing adultery is breaking one of the 10 commandments and we know a lot of that has been going on since day one. Polls indicate over half of all married men and women have sexual flings.
....stealing is right up there too.
&#9668; Deuteronomy 5:21 &#9658;
........"You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor's house or land, his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."
Its obvious SIN was created, so it could be committed. We are imperfect beings, we are going to sin.
.......none of those sins on my soul.
What you are saying changes not one word of truth in:

Our society is going down the wrong path....among other things, we have elected a President that sides with the perverts of this world.

If you think that God will ever approve the repulsive lifestyle of sexual perversion...think again...

"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them."
Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

#426906 Mar 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is an abomination to God. The Pope should show such respect for the Holy Scripture of Our God Most High God.
The Pope shows THE most ultimate respect for God's words.

YOU are showing the most abomination to God and should show more respect for JESUS' CHURCH and NOT try to change everything Jesus taught.

Time is running out for you LTM, time to repent....and love His Church.

Oops, maybe you can't since you broke a Commandment ...
JESUS said 'whoever divorces and remarries commits adultery.

You and OX are in the same boat. Sad.

#426907 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
When you tell a lie, at least have some assurance it cannot be proven so...
Don’t post to me. I said I‘m done with you.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#426908 Mar 10, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Miguelito, don't lie. You have declared many times that you are an atheist.
Miguelito, always assuming things! What makes you think women don't like me? They do like me and they also like garlic!
Garlic man says.........What makes you think women don't like me? They do like me and they also like garlic!

Michael says.......Is this the woman of your dreams? See what garlic did to her? She looks like Mother Theresas Mother.....

http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/Avatar... [term]=ugly%20woman&filter s[primary]=images&filters[ secondary]=videos&sort=1 &o=10

.....you lucky man!
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426909 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are saying changes not one word of truth in:
Kill witches.

Work on Sunday -- stoned to death.

Eating oysters is an abomination.

Charge someone interest on a loan -- stoned to death.

etc.

etc.

I'm curious. How do you know which ones to apply literally?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#426910 Mar 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am here to help!
Help who! You mean to help "puff up" your own anti-catholic "ego" with "exaggerate" (so-called statistics" that are "squewed" with the (same old) "editorialized distorted opinions"!!..... If you don't like what the Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church---TRULY teaches and believes (which has obviously escaped your heretical mind) then move on!!! because "no-one"--(especiall y the Catholics like Clay, Anthony, Star, Regina and myself on this forum, believes ANY of the "overblown (trash comments) that come "flying out of your mouth" at a faster rate than Burger King can "pass out their whoppers"!!!!!
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426911 Mar 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are showing the most abomination to God and should show more respect for JESUS' CHURCH and NOT try to change everything Jesus taught.
You are among the saved 5%.

I am among the 95% who are un-saved.

What qualities, morals and virtues do you have that makes you saved -- or does your god care only about dogma and mysticism?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#426912 Mar 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did the Pope quit? He said he was too tired but the very next day was flying around vatican city on a helicopter blowing kisses to all the pilgrims.

Did Jesus say he was too tired to carry the cross? No! He marched on to the end.

The pope is a quitter. Not a very good example I would say.

#426913 Mar 10, 2013
Come Holy Spirit, select a
blessed holy successor of your
appointed St. Peter.[Mt 16:18]
Number 266, 2.12.13

VATICAN INSIDER
http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/the-vati...

“He reminded the stunned cardinals listening to

his intention on February 11 that it was Christ

who ruled the Church, and would continue to rule

the Church. He repeated the same message over the

past two weeks. Those who care for the Church and about the Church should take it to heart, and take

heart from it. Christ is the helmsman, although it

may be difficult to discern the divine hand on the helm from time to time.”
---------Pope B-16
But it is there. We have his word for it.Benedict XVI’s advisers have not made that successor’s already-daunting task any easier by convincing the outgoing pope that he should be known as “Benedict XVI, pope emeritus”or “Roman pontiff emeritus” and that he will continue to wear the white cassock, albeit without the mozzetta, that white half-cape. So to underscore the obvious that has been made a bit obscure by what seem to me ill-advised decisions, it must be stated, on this first day of the Sede Vacante, that there is no bishop of Rome, no Roman pontiff, no pope: today, and until the College of Cardinals elects the next holder of that office. And then there will not be “two popes.” There is only one pope, one bishop of Rome, one Roman pontiff, one holder of the power of the keys, one source of authority in the Church. Period.”
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426914 Mar 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
True, and he never shot at any Allied aircraft either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 34 min Cultastic 8,719
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 2 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web