Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,048
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#426833 Mar 10, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
so, tell us Clay IS the stuff Jesus said and did which are NOT recorded in the NT still the word of God to the Catholic church?
-
Being the experts that they think they are and all.
-
and if everything Jesus said and did ARE the Word of God, why didn't the Catholic Church include them in the NT? when they 'gathered together' what was written?
Because every little letter didn't survive. We know Paul wrote at least two more letters. One was to the Corinthians. Don't you wonder what was in it? How about his letter to the Laodiceans? Its not in my Bible because it was lost or destroyed by the Roman Empire.
Look, common sense says not every detail of Christianity is included in the NT. We have very little written documentation of Our Lords childhood and teenage yrs. And what we do have is a memoir from His Apostles, written 40 yrs after He died! There is relativity little documentation of Mary and Joseph as well. Christ started a Church. That would be the Catholic Church. And once you throw away your stereotypes, you can see its guided to perfect truth thru the Holy Spirit. No matter what Pope is sitting in Saint Peters chair, he will not corrupt the Church because its protected. He may taint its image, but will never ever infiltrate her teachings according to Jesus Christ.
Clay

United States

#426834 Mar 10, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
So, Clay ... you present your church and your leaders as the *expert* on all things Christian.
-
So tell us - and be specific - What ABOUT the stuff Jesus said and did that are NOT RECORDED in the NT?
The things Jesus said and did that are not written in the NT are obviously still the Word of God. Its called divine word and divine tradition. Its protected from error because it came from the Holy Spirit.
I honestly don't know exactly what they all are.
We certainly see the Holy Mass and Eucharist falling under this description. Although they both are seen in Holy Scripture too, but not entirely spelled out. Same with the Papacy. We see it in scripture but really see it take shape in the yrs following the death of Peter. Evidently those first Christians were following the direction of someone ..
Clay

United States

#426835 Mar 10, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Does that also apply to heterosexual couples that practice anal sex?
Yes. Sex is the method that God uses to bring life into this world. It shouldn't be abused. Putting your organ in someones mouth or anus offends God.

I feel bad for anyone who's attracted to the same sex. I know you struggle with finding a balance between God and your sexual attraction. I'll pray for you.
Clay

United States

#426836 Mar 10, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>And what would that be, Clay? Do you have access to that 'stuff'?
youtube.com/watch...
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426837 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
818 809
<quoted text>
The genetic makeup of humans produces humans that are either male or female...aka as heterosexuals...its as natural a thing as being born, say, with blue eyes...its in the genes..there is no choice...its a done deal when conceived!!!!
Homosexuals are heterosexuals that have chosen a different lifestyle than that with which they were born.
When this was taught, the term "homosexual" was no where near the horizon....so it was addressed to heterosexuals. God gave them up to a reprobate mind..
Quote: Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."
People born with black hair, by choice, have dyed their hair blond..or red...or whatever...people born with kinky hair, use products to straighten out their hair...it is all a choice to be different from what they were born to be...
Sorry Ox, you need to find someone else to hate. Actual science.....

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...

"... most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."

I know I'll be called names for standing up for the underdogs in life. Good, because some folks are too insecure about their own sexuality to accept anyone who is different.

Now we know that many pro athletes are gay. I met my first gay friend in an AAU boxing competition. Back then, that was really scary for some guys to know.

But we are supposed to hate some classes of people, right? Personally, I hate people who are fat.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426838 Mar 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Sex is the method that God uses to bring life into this world. It shouldn't be abused. Putting your organ in someones mouth or anus offends God.
I feel bad for anyone who's attracted to the same sex. I know you struggle with finding a balance between God and your sexual attraction. I'll pray for you.
Why are you so obsessed with other people's sex lives?

Remember, you have knelt before many, many gay men, with your eyes closed, mouth open, and tongue out.

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Have you ever shared your thoughts with a priest?

One more thing. Homosexuality has been observed in virtually all mammals. It must be an evolution thing. Or does your God just keep making mistakes?
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426839 Mar 10, 2013
What a great way to start a Sunday -- obsessing about sex and who to hate.

St Augustine would fit right in. Reality 101... Who else trashes women like that except a gay man in denial?

Well at least we know the pulpit is not a magnet for gay Priests or ministers.

Phew!!!
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426840 Mar 10, 2013
Next....

why the RCC will not elect a dark-skinned Pope,

and why women should not be allowed to vote,

and why it's OK to have slaves from other nations.

lmao
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#426841 Mar 10, 2013
Happened to read Acts 18: 8-11 this morning. It is helpful scripture for the discussion I was having with New Age Spiritual Leader.

He'll dismiss it, I'm sure, and say it is not credible since it is in Acts, but I believe it to be very revealing about Paul and his inspiration. Baptism too.
Clay

United States

#426842 Mar 10, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Next....
lmao
I believe about 80% of our Popes had dark skin. Of already had an African Pope, but I forgot his name. It was like a thousand yrs ago.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#426843 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
To date, no evidence of a "homosexual gene" has been found. All evidence supports the fact that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, not a predetermined genetic trait such as being right handed or left handed, or having a specific skin color.
As a matter of fact, according to information provided by Ben Rast at Contender Ministries, "A British psychologist has had enormous success in providing 'reorientation' therapy to homosexuals who want to change. This is not a surgery or a medical treatment, but it is effective. How could it be effective if the cause of homosexuality is physical? Well, it couldn't be. Homosexuality is a choice, not a genetic predisposition."
I can full well understand, because of some quirk, birth defects that, could produce both physical and biological abnormalities...once or twice in a "blue moon"....but that is not what is happening....its a lifestyle....
There is no clear evidence one way or another regarding homosexuality. It occurs not only in humans but in the animal kingdom. I am sure there are many people that you know are gay but you probably aren't aware of it.

Today, our world is becoming a much more compassionate world and as evidence in america that gay marriages is being accepted more all the time.

Are you predujidced against gay people?

Hatred and ignorance is why we have so many problems today in our world. Suicide rates among gay/lesbians is much greater than the general population, I can't believe someone would choose such a lifestyle only to be ostricized by ignorant people like yourself,.

I myself am hetrosexual, but I am way beyond critizing and marginalizing someone who is different than me. You are a long way from there.

If you had a son or daughter or a grand child or parent that stated they were gay would you disown them?.........you probably would.......very sad!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#426844 Mar 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe about 80% of our Popes had dark skin. Of already had an African Pope, but I forgot his name. It was like a thousand yrs ago.
45 out of the last 48 popes were Italian. You would have a better chance at winning the powerball lottery than picking 45 Italian popes in a row.

Its all political BS! and you know it, but you just play along.(lol)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#426845 Mar 10, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Next....
lmao
...The roman catholic church preaches to all its followers that love, marriage and family are essential in strong relationships, however the very church leaders who preach this to the followers themselves DEMAND that all of theM practice a singular life style without a wife or family.

The church preaches they are the advocates of equality and justice, yet the church leaders themselves consist of ONLY men, and women are not allowed to participate or make policy.

Conservative catholics today don't understand why there are so many dissidents within the church? Holy SHITE!

HIPOCRICY!

GBA

Royal Oak, MI

#426846 Mar 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
45 out of the last 48 popes were Italian. You would have a better chance at winning the powerball lottery than picking 45 Italian popes in a row.
Its all political BS! and you know it, but you just play along.(lol)
Not Italian but head located in Rome. Lots of people who live in the USA were not born here and are not Americans. Location of residence has nothing to do with race or ethnic origin. Secondly, Italy has only been a concept as a unified country since 1861. And the people we think of as Italian have their origins in Africa. Hence why they are darker than a lot of other Europeans.
GBA

Royal Oak, MI

#426847 Mar 10, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so obsessed with other people's sex lives?
Remember, you have knelt before many, many gay men, with your eyes closed, mouth open, and tongue out.
Ahhhhhhhhhh. Have you ever shared your thoughts with a priest?
One more thing. Homosexuality has been observed in virtually all mammals. It must be an evolution thing. Or does your God just keep making mistakes?
Only humans practice exclusive homosexuality as a life style. Exclusive homosexuality does not occur in any animal. In the animal kingdom what you really see more or less sometimes is bisexuality. And in the animal kingdom animals who display aberrations in behavior are either killed by their own or die out due to natural selection. Only humans practice 'tolerance','unconditional love' or 'hate the sin, love the sinner'. Not so with mother nature. It is an evolution thing.
GBA

Royal Oak, MI

#426848 Mar 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
...The roman catholic church preaches to all its followers that love, marriage and family are essential in strong relationships, however the very church leaders who preach this to the followers themselves DEMAND that all of theM practice a singular life style without a wife or family.
The church preaches they are the advocates of equality and justice, yet the church leaders themselves consist of ONLY men, and women are not allowed to participate or make policy.
Conservative catholics today don't understand why there are so many dissidents within the church? Holy SHITE!
HIPOCRICY!
The first dissident was satan.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426849 Mar 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
More BS. Why Clay, why? Are you not comfortable with the reality of your faith, so you are forced to lie?

"three early popes hailed from that region: the 14th pope, Victor I (circa 189-198 A.D.); the 32nd pope, Miltiades (311-314 A.D.); and the 49th pope, Gelasius I (492-496 A.D.)."

However, only one of these may have been from African decent.

One Pope (maybe) does not equal 80%. Get a grip.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426850 Mar 10, 2013
GBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Only humans practice exclusive homosexuality as a life style. Exclusive homosexuality does not occur in any animal. In the animal kingdom what you really see more or less sometimes is bisexuality. And in the animal kingdom animals who display aberrations in behavior are either killed by their own or die out due to natural selection. Only humans practice 'tolerance','unconditional love' or 'hate the sin, love the sinner'. Not so with mother nature. It is an evolution thing.
So move to Iran.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behav...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#426851 Mar 10, 2013
GBA wrote:
<quoted text>
The first dissident was satan.
If you believe in a Satan.

.....If God created everything, than I guess God created Satan.

Thats not good!
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#426852 Mar 10, 2013
GBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you become a eunuch as Jesus suggested "for those who are able?"

With today's modern medicine, all true believers should be able, right?

Did you do as Jesus taught in order to follow him "perfectly?"

Of course not. It's so much easier to project your demons onto others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 1 hr Doc Caliban 7
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 7 hr Anonymous 83,891
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Married in 8,689
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 21 hr Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... 21 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web