Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,699
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426813 Mar 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah i know we were all born with sin, right?
So if it's biological ( and there is strong scientific evidence that it is) would it still in your view be a "sin"? And just what did David from scripture mean when he stated that Jonathan's (Saul son ) love to him was better than the love of women? Better than the love of women? Makes you go hmmm,lol.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426814 Mar 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
so then you disagree with your mentor?
I disagree with my mentor of some things. There is diagreement on many things between differing denominations. There are even some Pentecostal groups that think women should not wear pants while yet another Pentecostal group thinks it's okay for women to wear pants yet they call themselves Pentecostal. Honest disagreement is okay.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426815 Mar 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah i know we were all born with sin, right?
So if a Hermaphrodite ( one that has both male and female genitalia) chooses to be with a man is he/she sinning? Or if he/she chooses to be with a female instead is he/she sinning,LOL.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426816 Mar 9, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I beg to differ. I think some of us are born gay.
http://www.viewzone.com/homosexual.html
To date, no evidence of a "homosexual gene" has been found. All evidence supports the fact that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, not a predetermined genetic trait such as being right handed or left handed, or having a specific skin color.

As a matter of fact, according to information provided by Ben Rast at Contender Ministries, "A British psychologist has had enormous success in providing 'reorientation' therapy to homosexuals who want to change. This is not a surgery or a medical treatment, but it is effective. How could it be effective if the cause of homosexuality is physical? Well, it couldn't be. Homosexuality is a choice, not a genetic predisposition."

I can full well understand, because of some quirk, birth defects that, could produce both physical and biological abnormalities...once or twice in a "blue moon"....but that is not what is happening....its a lifestyle....

Location hidden

#426817 Mar 9, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>So if a Hermaphrodite ( one that has both male and female genitalia) chooses to be with a man is he/she sinning? Or if he/she chooses to be with a female instead is he/she sinning,LOL.
A hermaphroditic organism is one that has a complete set of both sex organs. Only animals such as snails and worms can be hermaphrodites.

Humans are NOT born with both sets of sex organs, that is a common MYTH. There are people who are born with some mixture of male and female tissues though and they are more correctly identified as "Intersex(ed)". There are dozens of intersex conditions. They range from not visible to ambiguous.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426818 Mar 9, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
To date, no evidence of a "homosexual gene" has been found. All evidence supports the fact that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, not a predetermined genetic trait such as being right handed or left handed, or having a specific skin color.
As a matter of fact, according to information provided by Ben Rast at Contender Ministries, "A British psychologist has had enormous success in providing 'reorientation' therapy to homosexuals who want to change. This is not a surgery or a medical treatment, but it is effective. How could it be effective if the cause of homosexuality is physical? Well, it couldn't be. Homosexuality is a choice, not a genetic predisposition."
I can full well understand, because of some quirk, birth defects that, could produce both physical and biological abnormalities...once or twice in a "blue moon"....but that is not what is happening....its a lifestyle....
In order for it to be a choice then that would mean that EVERY man and woman would have to be bi-sexual. They would have to be attracted to both sexes and have to make a choice between one or the other sex having an attraction for both. Then it would a choice. In a gay person's situation that is not the case having no attraction to the opposite sex. Therefore it is NOT choice. If you are not and never have been attracted to a man you didn't make a choice. You were attracted to females but not to males so saying that it is a choice is an erroneous statement.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#426819 Mar 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. My Bible doesn't claim its the word of God.
But your bible does quote Jesus as quoting the scripture and saying that 'God said'.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#426820 Mar 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the stuff Jesus said and did that are not recorded in the NT? Is that still the word of God to you?
And what would that be, Clay? Do you have access to that 'stuff'?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426821 Mar 10, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I know there are many things we don't comprehend fully but from my own experience we as christians are made new in Jesus, so He found a way for us to conform to Him, lol,...and that would be His design for us, done by His power, we consent?
So is this this what you would tell those young gay people that did everything they knew to do to include praying about being gay, asking God to change them only to end up makking a choice to commit suicide over the fact that they were gay weren't able to change even after praying to be changed. I don't think situation can be reduced to oh just pray and God will change your nature.

And people like to compare gays to Sodomites but frankly I don't think God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah simply because they were gay. I think He destroyed those cities because they were to wicked to live.

There are gays that actually love the Lord God and are some opf the best people you'd ever want to know. So never let me hear anyone compare todays gays to those Sodomites.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426822 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A hermaphroditic organism is one that has a complete set of both sex organs. Only animals such as snails and worms can be hermaphrodites.
Humans are NOT born with both sets of sex organs, that is a common MYTH. There are people who are born with some mixture of male and female tissues though and they are more correctly identified as "Intersex(ed)". There are dozens of intersex conditions. They range from not visible to ambiguous.
You're right to a point.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...

In the health care industry we refer to them as ambiguous genitalia and in some cases the sex organs are so developed that a genetic dna test has to be done to determine exactly what sex the infant really is. Their genitalia can sometimes be so developed as a male and or female that the parent has to make a decision as to what sex they are gonna raise the child as.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426823 Mar 10, 2013
one don't to forget set your clocks ahead tonight.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426824 Mar 10, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
one don't to forget set your clocks ahead tonight.
LOL. I must be sleepy and tired. I meant to say everyone don't forget to set your clocks ahead

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426825 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>

Best brainwashing money can buy but I don't buy it for a second.

Location hidden

#426826 Mar 10, 2013
818 809
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>In order for it to be a choice then that would mean that EVERY man and woman would have to be bi-sexual. They would have to be attracted to both sexes and have to make a choice between one or the other sex having an attraction for both. Then it would a choice. In a gay person's situation that is not the case having no attraction to the opposite sex. Therefore it is NOT choice. If you are not and never have been attracted to a man you didn't make a choice. You were attracted to females but not to males so saying that it is a choice is an erroneous statement.
The genetic makeup of humans produces humans that are either male or female...aka as heterosexuals...its as natural a thing as being born, say, with blue eyes...its in the genes..there is no choice...its a done deal when conceived!!!!

Homosexuals are heterosexuals that have chosen a different lifestyle than that with which they were born.

When this was taught, the term "homosexual" was no where near the horizon....so it was addressed to heterosexuals. God gave them up to a reprobate mind..

Quote: Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

People born with black hair, by choice, have dyed their hair blond..or red...or whatever...people born with kinky hair, use products to straighten out their hair...it is all a choice to be different from what they were born to be...

Location hidden

#426827 Mar 10, 2013
825 809
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Best brainwashing money can buy but I don't buy it for a second.
Many cannot accept the truth when it is staring them full in the face...

Location hidden

#426828 Mar 10, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>So is this this what you would tell those young gay people that did everything they knew to do to include praying about being gay, asking God to change them only to end up makking a choice to commit suicide over the fact that they were gay weren't able to change even after praying to be changed. I don't think situation can be reduced to oh just pray and God will change your nature.
And people like to compare gays to Sodomites but frankly I don't think God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah simply because they were gay. I think He destroyed those cities because they were to wicked to live.
There are gays that actually love the Lord God and are some opf the best people you'd ever want to know. So never let me hear anyone compare todays gays to those Sodomites.
Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Since: Mar 13

Guangzhou, China

#426829 Mar 10, 2013
Sorry to hear that!

Location hidden

#426830 Mar 10, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're right to a point.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...
In the health care industry we refer to them as ambiguous genitalia and in some cases the sex organs are so developed that a genetic dna test has to be done to determine exactly what sex the infant really is. Their genitalia can sometimes be so developed as a male and or female that the parent has to make a decision as to what sex they are gonna raise the child as.
So then...that person so born, has no idea which gender it is....male or female...that has to be determined by the parents....and so corrected..

As I said...that I can understand...it happens...but it is not commonplace...

As I have shown you, biological defects, also happen..and can be corrected...if the individual wants....but...that type defect is not a common occurrence....

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426831 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
Ezekiel 16:49. Homosexuality was not the exclusive reason that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426832 Mar 10, 2013
There are as many differences and beliefs among the scientific community about the cause of homosexuality as there are differing doctrinal beliefs among the religious community. One preacher says this and another says that.

Just as it is in the scientific community concerning the cause of homosexuality. One scientist says this and another says that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr PopeIsDemon 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Dec 26 QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web