Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692153 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#426867 Mar 10, 2013
marge wrote:
hey Tony, thankyou for sharing that teaching on Romans 1. i didn't see anything that implied people were born gay and that was my original question, and no, married 30 years never would do that.
maybe the prayer deliverence that gif was talkng about was that you were not made that way? Love you, blessings.
people are born gay,i do believe it is genetic,also if raised and encouraged to try the life style(example:rock hudson) i believe a person can grow to enjoy it,that person i'd say would be called bisexual,if you find yourself having "feelings" of a certain nature towards someone of the same sex when you are a child,i would say that you are born gay.

usa

#426868 Mar 10, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ezekiel 16:49. Homosexuality was not the exclusive reason that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed.
what went on in the cities has no bearing on their destruction,the cities were built on a natural gas pocket and a massive explosion occured when an earthquake struck the area.geological evidence was found that strongly suggests that is how the cities and surrounding area was destroyed.

usa

#426869 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
To date, no evidence of a "homosexual gene" has been found. All evidence supports the fact that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, not a predetermined genetic trait such as being right handed or left handed, or having a specific skin color.
As a matter of fact, according to information provided by Ben Rast at Contender Ministries, "A British psychologist has had enormous success in providing 'reorientation' therapy to homosexuals who want to change. This is not a surgery or a medical treatment, but it is effective. How could it be effective if the cause of homosexuality is physical? Well, it couldn't be. Homosexuality is a choice, not a genetic predisposition."
I can full well understand, because of some quirk, birth defects that, could produce both physical and biological abnormalities...once or twice in a "blue moon"....but that is not what is happening....its a lifestyle....
Homosexuality is a congenital condition much like being "left handed". Before you dismiss the analogy remember there were times in history when being left-handed (the archaic meaning of "sinister") meant you were possessed by evil. You could have been hanged, burned, stoned to death or buried alive. Having personally lived in an Arab country, I can assure you that being left-handed was something that I did my best to hide. Today we know that left handedness is the result of excess testosterone slowing the growth of the left-hemisphere in the developing fetal brain.[2] It's not a choice. It's a condition.Ironically, homosexuality is caused much the same way as being left-handed. Instead of excess testosterone, the developing male fetus receives too little, often too late.Researchers naturally focus on an organ in the brain called the hypothalamus because it is known to be responsible for gender preference. It is also what is called dimorphic, meaning its structure is different in males and females. There's also differences in the hypothalamus between homosexuals and heterosexuals. Recent studies of the different sections or nuclei have revealed much that was not known before. And there have also been some surprises.With advances in laboratory technology, a specific region of the hypothalamus, called the sexually dimorphic nucleus (SDN), has been the focus of some interesting research. The SDN is the most conspicuous anatomical male/female difference in the mammalian brain. The nuclei is 3 to 8 times larger in males than in females. Another nuclei of the hypothalamus, INAH-3, reveals that heterosexual males have double the volume of both homosexual and female subjects.....JETHRO:there is more proof that your sexualaity is genetically determined,you did not read the site tony posted,and there are more by other science groups that come to the same conclussion to the one tony posted.ALSO in the land of the so called true church,it was very common practice that male slaves gave their masters massages with a happy ending.the size of a phalis hanging over the main door of a romans house determined his status of power in rome.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#426870 Mar 10, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley suggests that you readUP the Terms and Conditions pertinent to TOPIX Forums, and in order for you to signOn, you had to agree to the language being in English.
What sayeth you, oh thou of little brains.
I, personally, think that you haven't a clue...however I will give you the benefit of the doubt before I put my boot up your Hole.
~~~

In all the years that I have been 0n this forum ...

You take the potty for having the most filthy post..

If you are an example of the average Roman Catholic then they meed a better P.R. man...

I worked among Roman Catholics in a steel mill for 16 years...

None of them were "act nasties" such as you evidently are.

I earned their respect by the way I lived before them, because I lived what I preach...before them.

You come in this forum like cum out-of-the potty graduate from an out house...

attempting ....to defend a Church yet....

Your post does not edify your church ...it only degrades it.

and it certain.y does not edify the God you claim to serve.

Love does not degrade it's objective

and

if you objective is to advertise your Church because you love it...

you fail miserably...
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#426871 Mar 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>people are born gay,i do believe it is genetic,also if raised and encouraged to try the life style(example:rock hudson) i believe a person can grow to enjoy it,that person i'd say would be called bisexual,if you find yourself having "feelings" of a certain nature towards someone of the same sex when you are a child,i would say that you are born gay.
Jethro, In the beginning "GOD" created man and woman he created them Perfect. He made woman for man to be a companion.
He told them to go and multiply.
Two women nor two men can not multiply,
Roman 1: For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

usa

#426872 Mar 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
I will state right now that the Vietnamese Cardinal will not be voted the next Pope.
Its all political, and the vietnamese cardinal is not anywhere near the agenda of the others. He might as well go home, no votes would be a total embarassment.
a woman has a better chance.it's all phoney posturing.trying to make themselves not look predjudice,which we know they are,the way women are treated within the church screams predjudice.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#426873 Mar 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its impossible that you are an ex Catholic. You're completely clueless on Catholicism. But if you were, its probably best for everybody that you left.
Is Baptizing infants Biblical?
Luke 18:15 People were bringing even infants to Him that the Lord might touch them, when the disciples saw this they rebuked them.
Jesus, however, called the children to himself and said, "Let the children come to me and do not prevent them; for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these"
Col 2:11
In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not administered by hand, by stripping off the carnal body, with the circumcision of Christ. You were buried with Him in Baptism , in which you were also raised with Him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.
Your reading much more into that verse than what it says.

FIRST of all the children down to infancy on up to the teens are precious in God's sight due to the innocence all of them have.Sin is guile,and when we sin it is often more a case of knowing what we are getting into,as a matter of the will.

Infants of course do not know sin,nor are they judged if they indeed die at such an age.The whole concept of LIMBO was ridiculous from its conception.Anyone who believes that infants born to anyone whether christian or not,would deserve hell or even a limbo,fails to understand God.Luke 18:15 totally right there proves that L I M B O is a none entity,and that your church should have never come up with such a fantasy to begin with.

It is important to realize as well the Apostle Paul's great teaching on the sanctification of the youth in their parents who are believers.EVEN a non-believing spouse is sanctified by the believing partner.The LORD acknowledges the spiritual worth of what HE has done in a human soul,and the children and family who are blessed to have a believing mother,father,or even a child,can know that God places a hedge around the whole family for the believer's sake.

Not saying that everyone is saved because of one believing,but that God blesses with sanctification and protection even through the one who believes.

It is a mystery how that extent is,but we know from the OLD and NEW Covenants that God blesses the families of believers,even though many of them do not believe.

Infant baptism is not the N O R M in regards to the baptism of the believer who chooses Christ over a life of sin and independence from God.

Actually if Common Sense was used here,people would hopefully realize that conversion and living for Christ is a matter of understanding,and cooperation,not a matter of initiation as infant baptism is.Initiation is for clans,societies founded in the world system.Christianity has no place for initiations.Believers can only be wrought through the Holy Spirit,and the decision a believer makes to FOLLOW Christ,and forsake sin.

usa

#426874 Mar 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe about 80% of our Popes had dark skin. Of already had an African Pope, but I forgot his name. It was like a thousand yrs ago.
was that before or after the church thought it was ok to own a black slave??
Pad

Fishers, IN

#426875 Mar 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuality is a congenital condition much like being "left handed". Before you dismiss the analogy remember there were times in history when being left-handed (the archaic meaning of "sinister") meant you were possessed by evil. You could have been hanged, burned, stoned to death or buried alive. Having personally lived in an Arab country, I can assure you that being left-handed was something that I did my best to hide. Today we know that left handedness is the result of excess testosterone slowing the growth of the left-hemisphere in the developing fetal brain.[2] It's not a choice. It's a condition.Ironically, homosexuality is caused much the same way as being left-handed. Instead of excess testosterone, the developing male fetus receives too little, often too late.Researchers naturally focus on an organ in the brain called the hypothalamus because it is known to be responsible for gender preference. It is also what is called dimorphic, meaning its structure is different in males and females. There's also differences in the hypothalamus between homosexuals and heterosexuals. Recent studies of the different sections or nuclei have revealed much that was not known before. And there have also been some surprises.With advances in laboratory technology, a specific region of the hypothalamus, called the sexually dimorphic nucleus (SDN), has been the focus of some interesting research. The SDN is the most conspicuous anatomical male/female difference in the mammalian brain. The nuclei is 3 to 8 times larger in males than in females. Another nuclei of the hypothalamus, INAH-3, reveals that heterosexual males have double the volume of both homosexual and female subjects.....JETHRO:there is more proof that your sexualaity is genetically determined,you did not read the site tony posted,and there are more by other science groups that come to the same conclussion to the one tony posted.ALSO in the land of the so called true church,it was very common practice that male slaves gave their masters massages with a happy ending.the size of a phalis hanging over the main door of a romans house determined his status of power in rome.
Your reasoning here is quite sensual and not really based on the raucous facts of the sexuality displayed by homosexuals and lesbians in all candidness.

Homosexuality is yes somewhat a mystery in development.No one really knows why people tend toward that sexual life style,often it is learned.

There are factors of things that happen to us when we are very young,and how we are treated,what affections we experience,and often jethro our parents are to blame for not dealing rightfully with the stages of sexual development their children go through.The many tons of research in the matter do bring different truths to light about how a person becomes oriented sexually to their own sex.Nevertheless when we see the end result of what the development produces,we have to exercise a judgment as to both the morality and physical aspects of such.

It is totally off to compare homosexuality with being left-handed. The complexed issues of all the variables of the homosexual life, goes beyond anatomical function.Our anatomy and physiology is not the basis for homosexuality or even heterosexuality for that matter.It is quite obvious that our society,and the human social development of a being points them into either the homo or hetero behaviors of sexuality.

usa

#426876 Mar 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro, In the beginning "GOD" created man and woman he created them Perfect. He made woman for man to be a companion.
He told them to go and multiply.
Two women nor two men can not multiply,
Roman 1: For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
two men can adopt,two women can also multiply thanks to science,and also due to advancement in scientific studies of the brain it has been proven sexuality is genetic in most cases (95%) and in other cases it's through enviroment,like i said as example, rock hudson,his agent was gay and somehow persuaded hudson into trying it, and he came to enjoy it.as far as i'm concerned what two consenting adults do is nobodies buisness but theirs.as of yet no one has proven to me that the one god theory is true,so until then,go out and enjoy life,as long as no one is getting hurt in any way.
MICHAEL

Canada

#426877 Mar 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I will state right now, I have no idea why an Atheist would give two chits about the election of a religious figure on the other side of the world!
To me, that goes beyond bizarre.
Heck, I'm 280 miles from Canada, and I couldn't imagine posting on a forum about your prime ministers. In fact, I don't even know his name.
Either way, unless I'm an insecure ex Canadian, who wants to see Canada fail, I'm not going spend 5 hrs a day on a Canadian forum trashing Canada.
Unbelievable!
Lol
Clay says....Heck, I'm 280 miles from Canada, and I couldn't imagine posting on a forum about your prime ministers. In fact, I don't even know his name.

Michael says......I don't know his name either.(lol)

Who is trashing america? Who is trashing Canada? I speak highly of both countries. We have fewer crimes and better gun laws.........and we say EH! all the time.

All I am saying is that I will bet money that no chinese, vietnamese, or filipino, or Lithuanium cardinal will become the next pope.

MICHAEL

Canada

#426878 Mar 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>pervertness:an adult forcing a younger weaker unknowing peron to do something they know nothing about,and are brutalized into to doing it.on the reverse side, anything done behind closed doors by two consenting adults where there is no unwanted physical/mental abuse going on,it is no ones buisness except that of the two people involved.
Do you think if priests/bishops/cardinals were allowed to marry their uncontrollable sexual urges/desires would subside?

I would say yes.

Location hidden

#426879 Mar 10, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ezekiel 16:49. Homosexuality was not the exclusive reason that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed.
Neither does Jude 1:7....So?????
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#426880 Mar 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a book that details the lives of ea of the Popes dating to Peter. I don't know how accurate the paintings are, but many of them don't look white. Maybe 'dark skinned' is too strong of a description for 80% though.
Thank you.

Location hidden

#426881 Mar 10, 2013
837 818 809
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Ox, you need to find someone else to hate. Actual science.....
http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...
"... most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."
I know I'll be called names for standing up for the underdogs in life. Good, because some folks are too insecure about their own sexuality to accept anyone who is different.
Now we know that many pro athletes are gay. I met my first gay friend in an AAU boxing competition. Back then, that was really scary for some guys to know.
But we are supposed to hate some classes of people, right? Personally, I hate people who are fat.
Show my words that say "I hate homosexuals"...you can't, because I never said it...or indicated...or insinuated I hate them...
MICHAEL

Canada

#426882 Mar 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>a woman has a better chance.it's all phoney posturing.trying to make themselves not look predjudice,which we know they are,the way women are treated within the church screams predjudice.
The sad part is the women in the church accept being treated as second class citizens. It must be their low self esteem.

I remember back in 62 the nun in our school took me over to our church across the street to fill the holy water vessels at the front and back door of the church. The young parish priest stood with his arms folded and watching,(never helping) as the nun and I struggled to lift a huge glass jug of holy water to fill the containers as the priest stoodbye. A few minutes later the nun vacuumed the rug of the alter as the priest went off somewhere.

The two nuns at our school would often shovel the snow in the front walkway and side entrances of the church as the priest stayed inside probably watching Jerry Springer.

MICHAEL

Canada

#426883 Mar 10, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
How many chinese or vietnamese popes did he list?

How many popes from the north pole have ever been elected? ZERO!

Its the old boys club from western europe.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#426885 Mar 10, 2013
There is another strong factor of human sexuality we must consider.

The end result of what is happening to our society as a whole!

Human Sexuality is no doubt a free entity based on the independent judgment of the individual for his or her self.

It takes a decision on the part of all who enter therein to either be homo or hetero.It does,because no child is born with that choice,children when violated sexually often moreso than not,become dysfunctional in their own behavior toward sex.

We have a huge problem in my generation as many of our peers were introduced to sex prematurely.YES,that is a fact.If you notice as well that the many priests who have been on the front lines of causing pedophilic abuse, were priests from my generation.Not saying that such abuse was not known for centuries.

My generation is guilty of much sexual perversion because many of us were abused,and were introduced to sex way before we were able to emotionally deal with it.

Not saying that what happened gives any type of E X C U S E,but that the greater abuse was that sexual impropriety was done to my generation as a whole.EVEN if it was disguised or hidden from public view.

Sexual abuse is prevalent today,and this generation which is being abused will have dramatic results years down the road.The dysfunction will be staggering.Sin begets sin,and greater each time it is allowed to function unabashed.

We may think that all types of sexual behavior is acceptable,given to our own opinions,but we will see in future years that such behavior will reap a whirlwind of trouble.LOOK at the Asian markets for children sold into the traffic of sexual slavery. That did not come about over one day of someone deciding to make a buck.But it was formed over decades of using children from poverty as servants,slaves of labor,and a general disregard for life.

Most sexual abuse is reared from a masculine conception of demigogery,and the chauvinistic male ego that has destroyed many lives in our last two centuries.
MICHAEL

Canada

#426886 Mar 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
837 818 809
<quoted text>
Show my words that say "I hate homosexuals"...you can't, because I never said it...or indicated...or insinuated I hate them...

You better not hate them, maybe one of your grandfathers or grandmothers was gay.

usa

#426887 Mar 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your reasoning here is quite sensual and not really based on the raucous facts of the sexuality displayed by homosexuals and lesbians in all candidness.
Homosexuality is yes somewhat a mystery in development.No one really knows why people tend toward that sexual life style,often it is learned.
There are factors of things that happen to us when we are very young,and how we are treated,what affections we experience,and often jethro our parents are to blame for not dealing rightfully with the stages of sexual development their children go through.The many tons of research in the matter do bring different truths to light about how a person becomes oriented sexually to their own sex.Nevertheless when we see the end result of what the development produces,we have to exercise a judgment as to both the morality and physical aspects of such.
It is totally off to compare homosexuality with being left-handed. The complexed issues of all the variables of the homosexual life, goes beyond anatomical function.Our anatomy and physiology is not the basis for homosexuality or even heterosexuality for that matter.It is quite obvious that our society,and the human social development of a being points them into either the homo or hetero behaviors of sexuality.
society does play apart in some cases an genetics do also, the science is there,example,true story,i worked with "a guy" who looked the very macho type guy,unknown to us for years this guy was attracted to guys didn't understand it while growing up,then when he became of age and was able to make his own deccisions he went to doctors to figure it out,well after a scan was done due to pain this guy experienced in the abdominal region they found complete female reproductive parts,this "guy" was ment to be a girl,but was born with a penis instead of a vagina,after years of phsycology tests,talks and whatever goes on, this guy is now a complete woman (married a millionare to),it payed off for me, because back in 2003,he wanted laser surgery to define his facial fetures to look more female like.well he was selling his truck which i still drive, for $2500, it's a 99 dodge and had 72,000 miles on it i put $2000 in his/her hand and said do we have a deal? and he/she agreed.best deal i ever made. so how do you explain a situation like that if genetics play no part in our sexual choice??....why would god create such a person if genetics don't play a part in it?? if genetics play no part, then it's all gods work that created this person isn't it? and if so why is it a sin to be gay if god is responsible??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 12 Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web