Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
411,061 - 411,080 of 532,439 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Was baptized Uncle Dan but it had nothing to do with my parents.
Necessary...who was ever condemned for not being baptized?
Um, Christ taught the necessity of Baptism.

Jesus Christ, that is. In the Bible. Many times. He commanded the Apostles to do it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uncle Dan
did you start your salvation when you were baptized at 3 months old?
What does "start your salvation" mean? I don't bring about my own salvation.

Can you clarify?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
At three months old, you received Him????
apodechomai: to take fully, i.e. welcome (persons), approve (things):--accept, receive (gladly).
You are an imbecile!!!!!
Yes, I received Him through Baptism.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

480 286 266 227
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox...didn't you hear? It's because of the faith of his parents. Dan didn't have to believe.
Ah!!! He received and believed Him...by proxy!!!! Am familiar with that teaching.....and it is not based on Scripture...but to Catholics...it don't matter...da pope said it...and that seals it...

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 16 (regarding Jesus Christs One True Church) and John6 regarding Our Lords TRUE Body and Blood in the Eucharist "doesn't contradict ANY of the verses you listed----it only confirms, supports and compliments those verses because every thing that you have quoted, has,(for over 2000 years),is and will continue to be manifested (in and through) Jesus Christs One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ). It is the same message in both my Protestant bible as well as my Catholic Bible! Unfortunately, for you, the TRUTH has "escaped your anti-catholic mind and your "editorializing bible only (opinionated heresy) has "corrupted and confused your heart and soul! No surprise here coming from Protestant "fundies" who continue to live in the "same old distorted (500) year Reformation "bondage" of "relative truth" Christianity!
Jesus Christs One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church jthro:you keep saying this and never show any proof jesus called his church catholic,wh don't you give it up,you don't have a holy leg to stand on.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, Christ taught the necessity of Baptism.
Jesus Christ, that is. In the Bible. Many times. He commanded the Apostles to do it.
Where does scripture say we are condemned if we aren't baptized?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
480 286 266 227
<quoted text>
Ah!!! He received and believed Him...by proxy!!!! Am familiar with that teaching.....and it is not based on Scripture...but to Catholics...it don't matter...da pope said it...and that seals it...
Christ taught clearly that Baptism was required, he commanded the Apostles to do it and He placed NO age restriction upon it whatsoever.

Da protestant says He did, and that seals it, despite the fact that the Bible says otherwise.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What does "start your salvation" mean? I don't bring about my own salvation.
Can you clarify?
Were you given salvation? I know you believe you can lose it but at baptism is that the start of it?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
in Matthew 16:21 regarding His One True Church (which we all (for over 2000 years) know is One Universal-Catholic.
NONE OF THE 26 TRANSLATIONS OF THE BIBLE.... THAT I HAVE ...SAY, read
ROMAN CATHOLIC OR UNIVERSAL CHURCH IN Matthew 16:21
YOURS MUST BE A PRIVATE INTERPRETATION...
Even the DRB TRANSLATION does not.
it says..
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answering said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.
Mat 16:20 Then he commanded his disciples, that they should tell no one that he was Jesus the Christ.
~~~~~~~~~~
I guess If I follow the trend of your interpretation of the former scriptures verses....
then Matthew 16:20 should read
Mat 16:20 Then he commanded his disciples, that they should tell no one that .... Peter is the pope.
If you are going to stretch the WORD OF GOD... to fit your imaginations
there is no limit ...to where you can run with it...Right?
~~~
THE FACT REMAINS THAT JESUS NEVER SAID
PETER WAS TO BE THE POPE,
NOR DID HE SAY
PETER SHOULD START THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.
IT JUST AINT IN THERE...NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT IT .. TOO.
i guess if these fascist roman empire remnants don't care if their priests perv on their kids and then their popesicle covers it up, they're not gonna give a rats ass what Jesus did or didn't say:-(

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
I did not have to perform an act to anyone's satisfaction to receive Christ in baptism. My parents presented me to the Church so I could receive Christ in Baptism, as Christ taught it was required for salvation. What knaves my parents were, huh?
I renewed my baptismal vows at Confirmation.
I do not find Scripture that says: Be baptized and be saved...

I do not find Scripture that says: Be baptized and receive Christ..

I do not find scripture that says: Your parents can present you to the church so you can receive Christ.

Can you help me????

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't YOU believe all of the Gospel, especially the TRUE SPOKEN WORDS of Jesus HIMSELF in Matthew 16:21 regarding His One True Church (which we all (for over 2000 years) know is One Universal-Catholic.
What about the TRUE SPOKEN WORDS of Jesus in John 6:47-59 regarding the Eucharist "This IS my TRUE Body and TRUE Blood!
Since you "refuse to believe the SPOKEN WORDS OF Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew and John, then please tell us what other Gospel are you following and believing in? Oh-Yes--we just needed to be reminded that it is the "gospel according to Confrinting"!!
i have and could explain exactly what Jesus was saying in Jn 6 and it would blow the mind of an objective & interested person, but i'm not gonna cast my pearls before romans, unless you contact me through private message:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
My problem "was cured", when I left my Protestant "bible only" Church after 35 years of "bible alone,(half-truth, half-heresy) Christianity in which the Church members "split and divided" on four different occasions because they couldn't agree on the TRUE interpretation of the Bible verses and the TRUE meaning of the Sacred Scriptures debating and arguing over (abortion, the eucharist, baptism, women ministers, gay marriage, homosexuality (moral or immoral) euthenasia, emboyonic stem cell research, homosexual ministers, ect. ect. Each individual and each small group of Christians "had an opinion, each claimed they had the truth, and (in fact) each person and each group --"had and was" their own Pope. You Ox, are just an extension of this "bible only" chaos, confusion, and editorializing (personal opinion) "riffraff" of Protestant contradiction, that has expanded to over 42,000+ inconsistent and conflicting denominations.....Jesus Christ intitiated, established and formed ONE (and only ONE TRUE (authoritative) Apostolic Church. It was Universal and it was, has and always will be Catholic, despite your (editorial personal opinion). Act 2 "clearly" defines Our Lords 1st Church in Antioch and those to follow (recorded in Pauls letters to the Churches in Philippi, Corinth, Thessalonica, Colossius, Ephesis, Galatia and on and on. They were ALL lead by the Apostles, who were bishops, priests, elder and deacons (again Acts 2)--Paul confirms ALL of this in I Tim 3:15 when he calls "The Church--(not the bible alone) as the Pillar, Pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!......The fact is, that you, Ox, have NOTHING to confirm or verify ANYTHING you believe regarding (what the Church really is). except for (refusing to believe) the PROVEN HISTORICAL and BIBLICAL TRUTH of Jesus Christs (biblically and historical verifiable) One True Apostolic Catholic Church....... THEN. by your own(unbiblical and unhistorical denial), the only thing left for you is to editoricalized and "throw your" PERSONAL OPINION into the dicussion, which is ALL "laced" and "poluted" with anti-catholic distortion, and heresy. Jesus gave us the TRUTH in and through HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH over 2000 years ago, and you and your other 42,000 other "bible only" editorialized (personal opinion) WILL NEVER change the TRUTH!!
Your babbling changes not the facts:

You have a problem that is not curable!!!!

From your NABre pope approved Bible...Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation.

Ain't nothin' said bout the Catlicks....
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does scripture say we are condemned if we aren't baptized?
I didn't say "condemned".

I said "Christ taught it was necessary".

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Pretty clear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be still waiting--but you still are refusing to listen or to open your eyes to the TRUTH. "Try unplugging your ears and take the "blinders off of your (bible only) eyes" and discover the TRUE biblical and historical TRUTH from over 2000 years (and today) of Salvation and TRUTH in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One (and ONLY one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--which is the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH; Paul RE-confirms in I Tim 3:15, when he calls "The Church (not the bible alone) is the Pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!
437 408

I am still waiting......but...I am not holding my breath....
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not find scripture that says: Your parents can present you to the church so you can receive Christ.
Can you help me????
Matt 28:19

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Acts 2:38

38 Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Mark 16:16

16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

There's three passages indicating the necessity of baptism.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you help me????
This is one of the more popular passages catholics use to baptize infants.

Matt 19:13 Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, 14 but Jesus said,“Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

**Do you see anything that has to do with salvation, baptism...me neither.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR thou arth,'oxBow'.
Stanley thinks that you harbour hate because you were raised in an environment of hate.....jamPacked in the middle of gorillas.
What sayeth you? No bullschiddt now, ya hear.
Or else I shall 'set' Stanley on you and when Stanley gets set on someOne, Stanley does not letUP. No sireee. Stanley just digs in and tears an arm off the hateful one and beats'em to death with it.
you are one nut job boy,if your so brave why is your location hidden? tear an arm off an beat someone to death wih it? and you call yourself a catholic? well i guess it makes sense the church was built on hate,beatings and killings.not to mention all artifacts in vatican city are stolen property,taken away from roman conquered cities and countries,including a church.the more you read about church history the more distance you see from the teachings of god/jesus.I do believe stealing is a sin is it not? "LIAR". HEY TONY! THEY HAVE RUBBER ROOMS AT YOUR HOSPITAL DON'T THEY? GOT A GUEST FOR YOU.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay said: its not a good idea to tamper with Baptism. There is something evil about what you're doing.
**You truly have some of the most idiotic posts on this forum.
Well thank you Chuck! That makes me feel good.

Infant Baptism was practiced from the earliest possible moments of the Church. Most Protestant communities practice infant Baptism too.. Its our initiation into Christianity like Circumcision is the initiation for the Jews.
Do you mock the Jews for circumcision of Babies. After all, the Jewish child isn't old enough to decide for himself... You know.

The born again evangelical radicals attempt to prevent parents from bringing their babies to be baptized and spend a great deal of time mocking this sacrament.

I say there is something evil about that.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>You're welcome.
But only from Stanley.
Ollie thinks that he (Stanley) will save your lousy, miserable black soul Yet.
Now wait a minute. Don't you mean "white soul"?

I'm one of the good guys.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Was baptized Uncle Dan but it had nothing to do with my parents.
Necessary...who was ever condemned for not being baptized?
According to what Dan is saying...and believing...all infants...from day one, who died before being baptized, are not in Heaven. There is only one other place they can be...hell.

And...he will argue until blue in the face that he is right!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••