Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,624
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426526 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, as I stated I was not required to perform an act to anyone's satisfaction prior to being baptized.
I reaffirmed the baptismal vows made by my parents and godparents at confirmation.
Being an ex Catholic, I am familiar with that teaching...but...it is not supported by Scripture....an other example of Catholics following the a teaching not found in the Bible...yet claim to be Christians...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426527 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
According to what Dan is saying...and believing...all infants...from day one, who died before being baptized, are not in Heaven. There is only one other place they can be...hell.
And...he will argue until blue in the face that he is right!!!
You realize that this also negates what you believe is required.

Unless you also believe they are in "hell"? Are they?

Location hidden

#426528 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I received Him through Baptism.
As I said...you are an imbecile!!!!! A three month old baby cannot receive Christ and/or believe on Christ...

There is no Scripture that says this can be done by proxy....none..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426529 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
According to what Dan is saying...and believing...all infants...from day one, who died before being baptized, are not in Heaven. There is only one other place they can be...hell.
No.

I'm saying that they are not assured Heaven unless Baptized.

A Christian who withholds baptism from their child is placing the soul of the child at risk of not attaining Heaven.

Why do I say this?

Because Jesus said Baptism is necessary.

Simple.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426530 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Being an ex Catholic, I am familiar with that teaching...but...it is not supported by Scripture....an other example of Catholics following the a teaching not found in the Bible...yet claim to be Christians...
Sure it is.

Christ placed no conditions on Baptism.

Find me the age limit He specifies.

Location hidden

#426531 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ taught clearly that Baptism was required, he commanded the Apostles to do it and He placed NO age restriction upon it whatsoever.
Da protestant says He did, and that seals it, despite the fact that the Bible says otherwise.
What you are saying has nothing to do with:

480 286 266 227

Ah!!! He received and believed Him...by proxy!!!! Am familiar with that teaching.....and it is not based on Scripture...but to Catholics...it don't matter...da pope said it...and that seals it...
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426532 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt 28:19
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Acts 2:38
38 Peter replied,ôRepent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Mark 16:16
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
There's three passages indicating the necessity of baptism.
Every passage talks about believers getting baptized. A 3 month old is not a believer..sorry again Uncle Dan
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426533 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Every passage talks about believers getting baptized. A 3 month old is not a believer..sorry again Uncle Dan
Not the first one.

Sorry.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426534 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents were believers.

Don't be sorry.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#426535 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
38 Peter replied,ôRepent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
,ôRepent and be baptized ' REPENT;;;;; AND BE BAPTIZED!!!!!
SO FIRST COMES REPENTING, THEN COMES BAPTISM.

WHY IS AN INFANT BAPTIZED THEY CAN'T REPENT AND IF THEY COULD WHAT WOULD THEY BE REPENTING OF.
THEY HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF SIN WHATSOEVER.
You can not be charged with the sins of your children, they are accountable for their own. You are only accountable for yours.
Your religious doctrine is not logical makes absolutely no sense.
Children are innocent till the age of accountablity. As parents it is our job bring them up in the ways of the Lord. and set a good example .
And to do a lot of praying for them.
How anyone would think that God a loving Father who made away for us to come to Him through Jesus, would throw a infant into hell because he was unable to repent or not baptized by water .
Does not know God.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426536 Mar 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its our initiation into Christianity like Circumcision is the initiation for the Jews.
Do you mock the Jews for circumcision of Babies. After all, the Jewish child isn't old enough to decide for himself... You know.
Clay..show me where the New Testament describes baptism as the New Covenant replacement for Old Covenant circumcision. Thanks
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426537 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents were believers.
Don't be sorry.
you weren't...still sorry Uncle Dan
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426538 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay..show me where the New Testament describes baptism as the New Covenant replacement for Old Covenant circumcision. Thanks
Colossians 2:11-12

11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh[a] was put off when you were circumcised by[b] Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Location hidden

#426540 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
True!! Those three passages teach baptism...

But and however...
In Mt 28:19 there is a requirement to be met...before being baptized...quote: Therefore go and make disciples of all nations..

A three month old infant cannot be made a disciple...it does not teach that a disciple can be made by proxy....

In Acts 2:38...same thing...first comes repentance....then being baptized..a three month old infant cannot repent..it does not teach repentance is possible by proxy..

Mr 16:16..same thing..first comes belief....then baptism. A three month old infant cannot believe...in anything!!! And it does not teach belief is possible by proxy...

Now, I fully expect you to deny the truth in the very Scripture you presented...
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426541 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the first one.
Sorry.
lololol...1 out of 2 ain't bad Uncle Dan

Make disciples (followers of Christ) then baptize them.

You're as bad as your buddy Clay.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426542 Mar 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
,ôRepent and be baptized ' REPENT;;;;; AND BE BAPTIZED!!!!!
SO FIRST COMES REPENTING, THEN COMES BAPTISM.
WHY IS AN INFANT BAPTIZED THEY CAN'T REPENT AND IF THEY COULD WHAT WOULD THEY BE REPENTING OF.
THEY HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF SIN WHATSOEVER.
You can not be charged with the sins of your children, they are accountable for their own. You are only accountable for yours.
Your religious doctrine is not logical makes absolutely no sense.
Children are innocent till the age of accountablity. As parents it is our job bring them up in the ways of the Lord. and set a good example .
And to do a lot of praying for them.
How anyone would think that God a loving Father who made away for us to come to Him through Jesus, would throw a infant into hell because he was unable to repent or not baptized by water .
Does not know God.
Original sin, LTM. Forgot that, didn't you?

It IS our job to bring children up into the ways of the Lord. That's why we baptize infants. We don't wait until they can jump through hoops to Reverend/Elder/Preacher Smithy's satisfaction.

Location hidden

#426543 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of the more popular passages catholics use to baptize infants.
Matt 19:13 Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, 14 but Jesus said,ôLet the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.ö
**Do you see anything that has to do with salvation, baptism...me neither.
None whatsoever....
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426544 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Its impossible that you are an ex Catholic. You're completely clueless on Catholicism. But if you were, its probably best for everybody that you left.

Is Baptizing infants Biblical?

Luke 18:15 People were bringing even infants to Him that the Lord might touch them, when the disciples saw this they rebuked them.
Jesus, however, called the children to himself and said, "Let the children come to me and do not prevent them; for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these"

Col 2:11

In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not administered by hand, by stripping off the carnal body, with the circumcision of Christ. You were buried with Him in Baptism , in which you were also raised with Him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.

Location hidden

#426545 Mar 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize that this also negates what you believe is required.
Unless you also believe they are in "hell"? Are they?
Get a first-grader to help you...

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426546 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Col 2: 11 is one passage that supports this.
But I think you were shown this before but you rejected it anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web