Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,553)

Showing posts 411,041 - 411,060 of530,145
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
437 408
<quoted text>
I am still waiting......
You may be still waiting--but you still are refusing to listen or to open your eyes to the TRUTH. "Try unplugging your ears and take the "blinders off of your (bible only) eyes" and discover the TRUE biblical and historical TRUTH from over 2000 years (and today) of Salvation and TRUTH in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One (and ONLY one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--which is the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH; Paul RE-confirms in I Tim 3:15, when he calls "The Church (not the bible alone) is the Pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your beliefs aside, Christ told us specifically and, like, a half-dozen times that it IS His body and blood present in the bread and wine.
You'd happily confine Christ to a book, yet deny what He said about His presence in the Eucharist. You're an oddball, GIF.
~~~

So I am an odd ball,
because I believe in the word of God...
and I believe a person should obey the gospel...all of it...

Do you believe all of the Gospel?

Or do you believe another gospel?

~~~

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

I believe in the verbal inspiration of the Bible..

I reject the fables of the Roman Catholic Church ...THAT PAYS

ATTENTION TO PARTS OF THE GOSPEL BUT REJECTED MOST OF IT.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your beliefs aside, Christ told us specifically and, like, a half-dozen times that it IS His body and blood present in the bread and wine.
You'd happily confine Christ to a book, yet deny what He said about His presence in the Eucharist. You're an oddball, GIF.
Then why did Peter say this?

68Simon Peter answered him,“Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God.”
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

Why don't YOU believe all of the Gospel, especially the TRUE SPOKEN WORDS of Jesus HIMSELF in Matthew 16:21 regarding His One True Church (which we all (for over 2000 years) know is One Universal-Catholic.

What about the TRUE SPOKEN WORDS of Jesus in John 6:47-59 regarding the Eucharist "This IS my TRUE Body and TRUE Blood!

Since you "refuse to believe the SPOKEN WORDS OF Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew and John, then please tell us what other Gospel are you following and believing in? Oh-Yes--we just needed to be reminded that it is the "gospel according to Confrinting"!!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't YOU believe all of the Gospel, especially the TRUE SPOKEN WORDS of Jesus HIMSELF in Matthew 16:21 regarding His One True Church (which we all (for over 2000 years) know is One Universal-Catholic.
What about the TRUE SPOKEN WORDS of Jesus in John 6:47-59 regarding the Eucharist "This IS my TRUE Body and TRUE Blood!
Since you "refuse to believe the SPOKEN WORDS OF Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew and John, then please tell us what other Gospel are you following and believing in? Oh-Yes--we just needed to be reminded that it is the "gospel according to Confrinting"!!
The disciples didn't eat His body and blood Hojo His body was broken and His blood shed on the cross.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

YOU WROTE

in Matthew 16:21 regarding His One True Church (which we all (for over 2000 years) know is One Universal-Catholic.

NONE OF THE 26 TRANSLATIONS OF THE BIBLE.... THAT I HAVE ...SAY, read

ROMAN CATHOLIC OR UNIVERSAL CHURCH IN Matthew 16:21

YOURS MUST BE A PRIVATE INTERPRETATION...

Even the DRB TRANSLATION does not.

it says..

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answering said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

Mat 16:20 Then he commanded his disciples, that they should tell no one that he was Jesus the Christ.

~~~~~~~~~~

I guess If I follow the trend of your interpretation of the former scriptures verses....

then Matthew 16:20 should read

Mat 16:20 Then he commanded his disciples, that they should tell no one that .... Peter is the pope.

If you are going to stretch the WORD OF GOD... to fit your imaginations

there is no limit ...to where you can run with it...Right?

~~~

THE FACT REMAINS THAT JESUS NEVER SAID

PETER WAS TO BE THE POPE,

NOR DID HE SAY

PETER SHOULD START THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

IT JUST AINT IN THERE...NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT IT .. TOO.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is given by God for salvation but you received salvation from the faith of your parents....interesting.
?? None of us were given salvation...yet.

Our parents did what Christ wanted them to do, by bringing their new child to Him in Baptism. Later on, that Catholic child will have the opportunity to put his own stamp on what his parents did when he/she receives the Sacrament of Confirmation at an age of maturity.

- I thought you were Catholic once?

- its not a good idea to tamper with Baptism or attempt to prevent new parents from bringing forth their child to Jesus. There is something evil about what you're doing. If you're worried the child will not be properly 'saved', then relax.
He'll have an opportunity to reaffirm His infant Baptism at his Confirmation like I stated above.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
68Simon Peter answered him,“Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God.”
You're using THAT verse to cancel out the Eucharist?

I've stated before, some of you are going to need to find a way to smuggle your handy Bibles to judgement day, so you can show God all your yellow highlights and explain why you undid early Apostolic teachings..
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Our parents did what Christ wanted them to do, by bringing their new child to Him in Baptism. Later on, that Catholic child will have the opportunity to put his own stamp on what his parents did when he/she receives the Sacrament of Confirmation at an age of maturity.
- its not a good idea to tamper with Baptism or attempt to prevent new parents from bringing forth their child to Jesus. There is something evil about what you're doing. If you're worried the child will not be properly 'saved', then relax.
He'll have an opportunity to reaffirm His infant Baptism at his Confirmation like I stated above.
Are you saying that salvation does not start when a catholic infant is baptized?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>My Stanley has a serious problem in that such good people got exterminated and cremated by 'ol Hitler and his Nazi henchmen....while despicable bastards like you continue to walk around.
Stanley thinks that the noose is too good for you. He thinks that you should be tarred and feathered, drawn and quartered, and then have a noose put around your scrawny neck with the rope tossed over a tree...all at the same time that you are being shot with a ball of your own schidt.
Stanley also says that your mother sucked pigs.
Go Figure, you heathen scumBag.
cannibal: 1. A person who eats the flesh of other humans.

Catholics do this every time they do a mass...they are proud of what they do....

Plus they drink His blood...and, of all things, become alcoholics!!!!!!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
So I am an odd ball,
because I believe in the word of God...
and I believe a person should obey the gospel...all of it...
~~~
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
I believe in the verbal inspiration of the Bible..
I reject the fables of the Roman Catholic Church ...THAT PAYS
ATTENTION TO PARTS OF THE GOSPEL BUT REJECTED MOST OF IT.
Here, you are plainly rejecting the Gospel. Plainly, respective to the Eucharist. It's plain on its face and you reject it.

Your defense?

"The RCC rejects most of it", whilst not telling us what, exactly, they reject.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that salvation does not start when a catholic infant is baptized?
Baptism is salvific.

It's required to enter Heaven.

Die without it and you run the risk of not gaining Heaven. That's why Christ said it was necessary.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say it so we would blow off the rest of John 6 as you do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

475 286 266 227
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"I renewed my Baptismal vows at Confirmation and received the Grace of the Holy Spirit there as well."
Miss that?
At the age of three months, you were mature enough to declare your baptismal vows, which you later "renewed"????!!!! That is as believable as the belief that pigs fly!!!!!

Why did you need to renew them??? Were they wore out????!!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay said: its not a good idea to tamper with Baptism. There is something evil about what you're doing.

**You truly have some of the most idiotic posts on this forum.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism is salvific.
Die without it and you run the risk of not gaining Heaven. That's why Christ said it was necessary.
Uncle Dan

did you start your salvation when you were baptized at 3 months old?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism is salvific.
Was baptized Uncle Dan but it had nothing to do with my parents.

Necessary...who was ever condemned for not being baptized?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
Clerical celibacy isn't addressed one way or the other in scripture. Not supported nor denounced.
Neither is clerical garb. I suppose you don't like clerical garb.
And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.

Since Peter was your supposed first pope, and was married, to teach celibacy for your clergy is nothing but absurdity....not based on Scripture....typical of Catholics...
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
475 286 266 227
<quoted text>
At the age of three months, you were mature enough to declare your baptismal vows, which you later "renewed"????!!!! That is as believable as the belief that pigs fly!!!!!
Why did you need to renew them??? Were they wore out????!!!!
No, as I stated I was not required to perform an act to anyone's satisfaction prior to being baptized.

I reaffirmed the baptismal vows made by my parents and godparents at confirmation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
""But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name"..
I received Him at Baptism. Just like the passage says.
Thanks
At three months old, you received Him????

apodechomai: to take fully, i.e. welcome (persons), approve (things):--accept, receive (gladly).

You are an imbecile!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 411,041 - 411,060 of530,145
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••