Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,042
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426465 Mar 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Clerical celibacy is a discipline.
It is not supported by Scripture...an other example of Catholics not following the Word of God...yet claim to be Christians!!!!

Location hidden

#426466 Mar 8, 2013
437 408
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 16 (regarding Jesus Christs One True Church) and John6 regarding Our Lords TRUE Body and Blood in the Eucharist "doesn't contradict ANY of the verses you listed----it only confirms, supports and compliments those verses because every thing that you have quoted, has,(for over 2000 years),is and will continue to be manifested (in and through) Jesus Christs One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ). It is the same message in both my Protestant bible as well as my Catholic Bible! Unfortunately, for you, the TRUTH has "escaped your anti-catholic mind and your "editorializing bible only (opinionated heresy) has "corrupted and confused your heart and soul! No surprise here coming from Protestant "fundies" who continue to live in the "same old distorted (500) year Reformation "bondage" of "relative truth" Christianity!
I am still waiting......

BTW...If all that is needed is to believe in a church, Christ could have stayed home!!!! He would not have been needed.....

Location hidden

#426467 Mar 8, 2013
450 398
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR thou arth,'oxBow'.
Stanley thinks that you harbour hate because you were raised in an environment of hate.....jamPacked in the middle of gorillas.
What sayeth you? No bullschiddt now, ya hear.
Or else I shall 'set' Stanley on you and when Stanley gets set on someOne, Stanley does not letUP. No sireee. Stanley just digs in and tears an arm off the hateful one and beats'em to death with it.
Calling me a liar does not change the facts:

Priestly celibacy is somethin I think will be overturned in my lifetime."

Further proof that even Catholics know that their "church" does not always teach per Scripture...If celibacy was based on the Bible...it would never change...because the Word of God does not change...

BTW..the first supposed "pope" was married....so were some of the apostles...per the Word of God...
Clay

United States

#426468 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens to Jesus if there is some of Him left over after communion? When I was in the catholic church it was a feeding frenzy with the eucharistic ministers...they'd gobble up all that was left. Is that still the case?
As far as I can think back to, the left over bread was always put in a tabernacle for the next Mass.. The wine is not. Its consumed by the clergy or Eucharista Ministers.

So you were a catholic too? Man, everyone of ya claim to be ex Catholics. That's why its strange no one knows some of our basic beliefs.
At least hate us for what we actually teach.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426469 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not supported by Scripture...an other example of Catholics not following the Word of God...yet claim to be Christians!!!!
Credit cards and automobiles aren't supported in scripture.

Should clerics not use them either?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#426470 Mar 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I have a serious problem believing that The Blood of Jesus is created in a Mogan David Wine Press...
Or
His flesh is created by Nabisco...and experiences transubstantiation
through the ritual of a corruptible priest..
Jesus was first sired by the Holy Ghost...and His precious sinless body
and
blood cannot be recreated/re-produced by a corruptible man...
The very thought of doing so ..to me ..is beyond comprehension.
Our relationship with the heavenly Father is SPIRITUAL..
.A PHYSICAL ritual ...such as you Roman Catholics claim to do.... to
me...would be cannibalism.
You, Confrinting have "serious problem" believing ANYTHING that doesn't fit your "editorializing bible only (self-interpretation)
heretical beliefs". Add to that your anti-catholic "hostile and vengeance" against the SPOKEN, STATED and EXPRESSED words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF in the Gospel of Matthew (16) regarding His ONE (AND ONLY TRUE) Universal (Catholic) Church and it "all adds up" to the fact that you would--(ALSO) reject Jesus' own SPOKEN, STATED and EXPRESSED words in the Gospel of John(6:47-59) regarding "HIS own words; "For unless you eat my body WHICH IS REAL FOOD and drink my blood WHICH IS REAL DRINK--you "cannot--have eternal life--within you!! It is "obvious" as a "so-called Christian minister" that you have learned NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH regarding the TRUE FAITH and SALVATION in Jesus Christ---except of course,(burger flipping" out --one bible verse after another--and then, interjecting your own (disjointed and editorialized "obstinate" TWIST on the TRUE interpretation of these bible verses that you so "freely" (fling around) on this forum......... ONLY---Until you come to the TRUE FAITH and TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, from which the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH --is (only) manifested in Jesus Christ---in and through His (historically and biblically proven) One True Apostolic Catholic church---ONLY THEN---will Our Lord "lift you" out of the bible only BONDAGE of "hate, hostility and vengeance that has "corrupted, your mind, heart and soul. My family and I continue to pray at daily Mass (not only for you, confrinting, but for Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1, jethro8, and others that God will "release you" from your "Prodigal Son" rebellious and defiant ---anti Catholic, "shackled" heart, mind and souls!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#426471 Mar 8, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>My Stanley has a serious problem in that such good people got exterminated and cremated by 'ol Hitler and his Nazi henchmen....while despicable bastards like you continue to walk around.
Stanley thinks that the noose is too good for you. He thinks that you should be tarred and feathered, drawn and quartered, and then have a noose put around your scrawny neck with the rope tossed over a tree...all at the same time that you are being shot with a ball of your own schidt.
Stanley also says that your mother sucked pigs.
Go Figure, you heathen scumBag.
~~~
SO THE INQUISITION OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS STILL ALIVE...AND
YOU EVIDENTLY ARE A PRIME EXAMPLE..
OF THE 650 YEARS REIGN OF ROMAN CATHOLIC TERROR...
I AM GLAD THAT THERE ARE LAWS AGAINST THOSE SUCH AS YOU..
I AM WHOM GOD SEZ I AM ..
A TERRORIZING MURDERER AT HEART, IS NOT A CHRISTIAN...

Location hidden

#426472 Mar 8, 2013
286 266 227

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Three months old.
I renewed my Baptismal vows at Confirmation and received the Grace of the Holy Spirit there as well.
I'm fine.
Thanks.
---------
Mah reply:

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name"..

So...at three months..you were mature enough to believe in His name!!!!

----------

Whadda bout it Dan????? at three months..you were mature enough to believe in His name!!!!

Location hidden

#426473 Mar 8, 2013
469 436
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Credit cards and automobiles aren't supported in scripture.
Should clerics not use them either?
Your silliness changes not the facts:

Celibacy is not supported by Scripture...an other example of Catholics not following the Word of God...yet claim to be Christians!!!!

Location hidden

#426474 Mar 8, 2013
The vicar of Christ????? Really!!!!!!

A report published last week by the Italian newspaper La Repubblica said that the real reason the pontiff decided to resign was in light of an internal church probe that informed him about a series of blackmails, grafts and underground gay sex in the Vatican.

According to the report, three cardinals reported their findings to the pope on December 17, 2012, in two red-leather bound volumes, almost 300-pages long, which revealed the existence of a “network” of gay prelates in the Vatican and contained “an exact map of the mischief and the bad fish” inside the Holy See.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426475 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
286 266 227
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Three months old.
I renewed my Baptismal vows at Confirmation and received the Grace of the Holy Spirit there as well.
I'm fine.
Thanks.
---------
Mah reply:
"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name"..
----------
Whadda bout it Dan????? at three months..you were mature enough to believe in His name!!!!
"I renewed my Baptismal vows at Confirmation and received the Grace of the Holy Spirit there as well."

Miss that?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426476 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
469 436
<quoted text>
Your silliness changes not the facts:
Celibacy is not supported by Scripture...an other example of Catholics not following the Word of God...yet claim to be Christians!!!!
Nonsense.

Clerical celibacy isn't addressed one way or the other in scripture. Not supported nor denounced.

Neither is clerical garb. I suppose you don't like clerical garb.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426477 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
286 266 227
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Three months old.
I'm fine.
Thanks.
---------
Mah reply:
----------
""But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name"..

I received Him at Baptism. Just like the passage says.

Thanks
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426478 Mar 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I can think back to, the left over bread was always put in a tabernacle for the next Mass.. The wine is not. Its consumed by the clergy or Eucharista Ministers.
So you were a catholic too? Man, everyone of ya claim to be ex Catholics. That's why its strange no one knows some of our basic beliefs.
At least hate us for what we actually teach.
I know every belief. What would you like to know?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#426479 Mar 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no excuse for that level of ignorance. It has no place in Christianity.
Its almost as if you're trying to confine God to the books of the Bible. Or even worse, your private interpretations of those books.
~~~

I have given you the word...Ir you don't like it that is your fort

I just don't believe that one should confine the flesh of JESUS to a man made wafer..

and His precious blood to a bit of wine, while ignoring His word and inventing your own..

1Sa_15:22 And Samuel said,

Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,

as in obeying the voice of the LORD?

Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,

and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426480 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
286 266 227
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Three months old.
I'm fine.
Thanks.
---------
Mah reply:
----------
Ox...didn't you hear? It's because of the faith of his parents. Dan didn't have to believe.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426481 Mar 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox...didn't you hear? It's because of the faith of his parents. Dan didn't have to believe.
Correct.

I did not have to perform an act to anyone's satisfaction to receive Christ in baptism. My parents presented me to the Church so I could receive Christ in Baptism, as Christ taught it was required for salvation. What knaves my parents were, huh?

I renewed my baptismal vows at Confirmation.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426482 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I just don't believe that one should confine the flesh of JESUS to a man made wafer..
and His precious blood to a bit of wine, while ignoring His word and inventing your own..
Your beliefs aside, Christ told us specifically and, like, a half-dozen times that it IS His body and blood present in the bread and wine.

You'd happily confine Christ to a book, yet deny what He said about His presence in the Eucharist. You're an oddball, GIF.

Clay

United States

#426483 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You've given me your interpretation of the word. I can't accept it as truth because its not in line with what the first Christians understood. The Bible can be looked at many different ways, the ones who got it correct would be the ones who are most similar to the Disciples of the Apostles, Ignatius, Clement and Polycarp.... The letters in the NT were already revealed once before.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#426484 Mar 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a problem that is not curable!!!!
From your NABre pope approved Bible...Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation.
Ain't nothin' said bout the Catlicks....
My problem "was cured", when I left my Protestant "bible only" Church after 35 years of "bible alone,(half-truth, half-heresy) Christianity in which the Church members "split and divided" on four different occasions because they couldn't agree on the TRUE interpretation of the Bible verses and the TRUE meaning of the Sacred Scriptures debating and arguing over (abortion, the eucharist, baptism, women ministers, gay marriage, homosexuality (moral or immoral) euthenasia, emboyonic stem cell research, homosexual ministers, ect. ect. Each individual and each small group of Christians "had an opinion, each claimed they had the truth, and (in fact) each person and each group --"had and was" their own Pope. You Ox, are just an extension of this "bible only" chaos, confusion, and editorializing (personal opinion) "riffraff" of Protestant contradiction, that has expanded to over 42,000+ inconsistent and conflicting denominations.....Jesus Christ intitiated, established and formed ONE (and only ONE TRUE (authoritative) Apostolic Church. It was Universal and it was, has and always will be Catholic, despite your (editorial personal opinion). Act 2 "clearly" defines Our Lords 1st Church in Antioch and those to follow (recorded in Pauls letters to the Churches in Philippi, Corinth, Thessalonica, Colossius, Ephesis, Galatia and on and on. They were ALL lead by the Apostles, who were bishops, priests, elder and deacons (again Acts 2)--Paul confirms ALL of this in I Tim 3:15 when he calls "The Church--(not the bible alone) as the Pillar, Pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!......The fact is, that you, Ox, have NOTHING to confirm or verify ANYTHING you believe regarding (what the Church really is). except for (refusing to believe) the PROVEN HISTORICAL and BIBLICAL TRUTH of Jesus Christs (biblically and historical verifiable) One True Apostolic Catholic Church....... THEN. by your own(unbiblical and unhistorical denial), the only thing left for you is to editoricalized and "throw your" PERSONAL OPINION into the dicussion, which is ALL "laced" and "poluted" with anti-catholic distortion, and heresy. Jesus gave us the TRUTH in and through HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH over 2000 years ago, and you and your other 42,000 other "bible only" editorialized (personal opinion) WILL NEVER change the TRUTH!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 2 hr Dander 1
A Gentleman. 16 hr QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Crazy 8,633
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE