Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,196
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426402 Mar 7, 2013
394 375 343 175
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Both Ollie and I demand of ourselve to give to GOD our utmost obedience.
Jesus Christ, one in being with the Father and the Holy Spirt, is our Lord and Master.
We have no anonimosities towards any man. We are two sheep of the Lord.
Baaa Baaa Baaa
Stanley says that we may have caused a few range wars back in the day when our neighbors raised cattle while we raised sheep.
....but we made a hellavalotta more money.
We eventually moved ALL our sheep to New Zealand as Stanley got tired of literally counting sheep.
What you are saying does not change the truth:

You would be better off lying than denying the Truth in God's Word..which is the equivalent of calling Him a liar!!!!!

Location hidden

#426403 Mar 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Priestly celibacy is somethin I think will be overturned in my lifetime. I personally would like to see Priest be able to Marry. In this day n age, I think a Priest could be both the servant of Jesus Christ and a devout Husband/father. Technology has made it possible to be both. We can text and communicate with ten people at once. That's just MY personal opinion.Then again, this crazy era demands more devout Priest to combat the evil around us.,
Free, the Holy Rosary is one of the greatest weapons God gave us. Its tackling Satan head on. Its no joke. And always works. Mary never fails to bring people to her Son. Ever..
"Priestly celibacy is somethin I think will be overturned in my lifetime."

Further proof that even Catholics know that their "church" does not always teach per Scripture...If celibacy was based on the Bible...it would never change...because the Word of God does not change...

BTW..your first supposed "pope" was married....so were some of the apostles...
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#426404 Mar 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. I'm as queer as a three dollar bill. I just happen to be a homosexual that has been saved by grace that is no longer practicing that lifestyle. However my flesh is still attracted to men. And I am still honest enough to admit it because one thing about me is I AM NO HYPOCRIT.
I sometimes have to really strive to bring this flesh under subjection. As they say..the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
Well that is interesting.
I've argued before that as long as you don't act on a fleshly desire you are ok.
So I can dare to say you are not a homosexual unless you act on it.
Am I wrong?
It's like any other sin.
So you are a repentant sinner.
Your honesty is well appreciated.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#426405 Mar 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
You Catholics attempt to put your own words in God's mouth.
Confrinting---you just keep "spitting out" your same old "bible only--Protestant Pot of Polluted Propaganda" that you are so famous for!.... Catholics putting words in God's mouth??... You are a condemning and fraudulent liar, Confrinting!.and that about "sums up" your bible quoting ministry!!.And you, my friend, will eventually have to "answer ot Almighty God Himself" fop the lies that you "sprew out" against other Christians (especially Catholics)!!.... There is not one Catholic on this forum nor anywhere else that believes your "bible only (editorializing distorted opinions) of bible verses....... You just "make things up" as you go along as you continue to deceive yourself as you deceive others.
Your "snake oil" heretical ministry has about as much (so-called) Christian truth and credibility as Satan, and his quoting of Scripture to Jesus Christ, in the tempting Our Lord, in Matthew 4...... Like most of the anti-catholic lies, distortions, and heretical "junk comments" that you make, you just keep desperately "spinning, mis-quoting and flipping one bible verse after another" in your bible only boat of confusion, chaos and (opinbionated)condemning preaching against Jesus Christ and His One (and only TRUE Apostolic Universal (Catholic) Church..... Quoting bible verses doesn't make you a Christian because the Devil was also a "proficient liar who was also (cunning and evil) when he quoted verses in the bible....... Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ, your lies, deceit and heresy against Jesus HIMSELF, and His One True Catholic Church will continue.!....Your wife KayMarie knows what a TRUE Christian is!!.I sincerely hope that she is recovering from her illness!.. Take an example from her!!!!
Clay

United States

#426406 Mar 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"Priestly celibacy is somethin I think will be overturned in my lifetime."
Further proof that even Catholics know that their "church" does not always teach per Scripture...If celibacy was based on the Bible...it would never change...because the Word of God does not change...
BTW..your first supposed "pope" was married....so were some of the apostles...
...I think 39 popes out of 265 were married? Not sure on tat statistic..

Whatever, it doesn't matter what ox says about the words the CC says is the 'word of God'. If you agree with them. Wonderful. if you somehow think you can define and dictate it, then God help your dillusional mind.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#426407 Mar 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Many times I realize the enemy desire to sift my life. But I never will forget I told God one day that if He saved me I'd fight in his army till I die.
Stay strong, never take your eyes off of him. He'll never fail you brother.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#426408 Mar 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God is clear:
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Show me one verse that contradicts these and you will have a fallible Bible...which is impossible...
I have "already" contradicted your lies regarding the Church (in the bible) so now you "goose step" to another bible subject because you have been "proven to be a liar" regarding Jesus Christs One True Church--Just like Paul has proven you to be a liar in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls "the Church (not the bible alone) is the Pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH"
Yes, Ox!! The Word of God---IS CLEAR!! Regarding His One True Apostolic (Universal Catholic) Church in Matthew 16, confirmed for over 2000 years in authenticated Church History-------as well as in John 6:47-59 (in JESUS CHRISTS OWN SPOKEN WORDS) with regard to His True Body and True Blood in the Eucharist..... The Words of God, in the bible are "infallible"---but your editorializing-distorting "interpretation of the Word of God is (incalculable) "light years AWAY from the truth"!

Location hidden

#426409 Mar 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrinting---you just keep "spitting out" your same old "bible only--Protestant Pot of Polluted Propaganda" that you are so famous for!.... Catholics putting words in God's mouth??... You are a condemning and fraudulent liar, Confrinting!.and that about "sums up" your bible quoting ministry!!.And you, my friend, will eventually have to "answer ot Almighty God Himself" fop the lies that you "sprew out" against other Christians (especially Catholics)!!.... There is not one Catholic on this forum nor anywhere else that believes your "bible only (editorializing distorted opinions) of bible verses....... You just "make things up" as you go along as you continue to deceive yourself as you deceive others.
Your "snake oil" heretical ministry has about as much (so-called) Christian truth and credibility as Satan, and his quoting of Scripture to Jesus Christ, in the tempting Our Lord, in Matthew 4...... Like most of the anti-catholic lies, distortions, and heretical "junk comments" that you make, you just keep desperately "spinning, mis-quoting and flipping one bible verse after another" in your bible only boat of confusion, chaos and (opinbionated)condemning preaching against Jesus Christ and His One (and only TRUE Apostolic Universal (Catholic) Church..... Quoting bible verses doesn't make you a Christian because the Devil was also a "proficient liar who was also (cunning and evil) when he quoted verses in the bible....... Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ, your lies, deceit and heresy against Jesus HIMSELF, and His One True Catholic Church will continue.!....Your wife KayMarie knows what a TRUE Christian is!!.I sincerely hope that she is recovering from her illness!.. Take an example from her!!!!
You can tell the graduates from Hollywood 101 Bible Study..The Ten Commandments, The Robe, Ben-Hur, etc....

Absolute absurdity!!!! Quote: Your "snake oil" heretical ministry has about as much (so-called) Christian truth and credibility as Satan, and his quoting of Scripture to Jesus Christ, in the tempting Our Lord,

Your case is hopeless....no cure for it!!!!!

Location hidden

#426410 Mar 7, 2013
406 398
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
...I think 39 popes out of 265 were married? Not sure on tat statistic..
Whatever, it doesn't matter what ox says about the words the CC says is the 'word of God'. If you agree with them. Wonderful. if you somehow think you can define and dictate it, then God help your dillusional mind.
Your info on the popes is further proof that the Catholics are not always following the Sacred Word of God...the Bible...

The Word of God does not teach celibacy one day, and the next day teach the opposite!!!!

Location hidden

#426411 Mar 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have "already" contradicted your lies regarding the Church (in the bible) so now you "goose step" to another bible subject because you have been "proven to be a liar" regarding Jesus Christs One True Church--Just like Paul has proven you to be a liar in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls "the Church (not the bible alone) is the Pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH"
Yes, Ox!! The Word of God---IS CLEAR!! Regarding His One True Apostolic (Universal Catholic) Church in Matthew 16, confirmed for over 2000 years in authenticated Church History-------as well as in John 6:47-59 (in JESUS CHRISTS OWN SPOKEN WORDS) with regard to His True Body and True Blood in the Eucharist..... The Words of God, in the bible are "infallible"---but your editorializing-distorting "interpretation of the Word of God is (incalculable) "light years AWAY from the truth"!
Oxbow wrote:

The Bible does not teach that we are to believe in any "Church"...much less the Catholic Church.

It does teach:
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Show me one verse that contradicts these and you will have a fallible Bible...which is impossible...

I am still waiting......
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#426412 Mar 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
WHEN JESUS SAID...
"MY CHURCH"
HE DID NOT SAY IT WAS YOURS...OR THAT IT BELONGED TO ANY OTHER CORRUPTIBLE MAN ON THE EARTH...HE DIS NOT SAY IT BELONG TO ANY EXCLUSIVE DENOMINATION ON EARTH...
Yes! It has, is and will continue to be Jesus Christs One
True (Universal-Catholic) Church ---the Bride of Christ HIMSELF.
We, as Catholics (NEVER SAID) it was our Church---but like everything else,(you just "make things up" with deception, lies and heresy, as you go along!! Jesus Christ (in Matthew 16--appointed Peter, as HIS earthly representative--"to lead HIS and only HIS One True Catholic Church, until He (Jesus) returns for the second time!---Our Lords One True Church is not a denomination.(never has--never will be) There has, is and will continue to be ONE (and only one) TRUE Church established, initiated and formed by Jesus HIMSELF. HE is the Vine,(of HIS CHURCH) we are the branches!!..You Protestants are the ones who began dividing, splintering,fracturing and splitting away (on your own). There were "no denominations--until Luther, then Zwingli, then Hus and on and on---now in the 21st century Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1 and on and on (now over 42,000 contradicting denominations of confusion, chaos, and heresy. The One True Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ is the ONLY CHURCH that was intiated and formed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF! Every one of your 42,000 contradicting denominations are MAN-MADE, editorial and opinionated by someone else's "personal interpretation" of the bible, God is not the author of your Protestant "editorial" opinionated confusion and chaos!! You are, however< our ecumentical brothers and sisters in Christ, that has (rebelliously and defiantly) "rejected" the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, that is MANIFESTED ONLY in Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#426413 Mar 7, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
What part of Stan and Ollie is it that you do Not understand.
Now, that's another find mess you have gotten yourself into.
Never heard of a FIND MESS ?

Location hidden

#426414 Mar 7, 2013
On CNN:
The fate of a New York City police officer accused of engaging in a plot to kidnap women and cannibalize them now lies in the hands of the jury.

He would have been much better off if he had joined the Catholics in cannibalizing the body of Christ!!!!! This, to them, is a routine act!!!!!

Location hidden

#426415 Mar 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! It has, is and will continue to be Jesus Christs One
True (Universal-Catholic) Church ---the Bride of Christ HIMSELF.
We, as Catholics (NEVER SAID) it was our Church---but like everything else,(you just "make things up" with deception, lies and heresy, as you go along!! Jesus Christ (in Matthew 16--appointed Peter, as HIS earthly representative--"to lead HIS and only HIS One True Catholic Church, until He (Jesus) returns for the second time!---Our Lords One True Church is not a denomination.(never has--never will be) There has, is and will continue to be ONE (and only one) TRUE Church established, initiated and formed by Jesus HIMSELF. HE is the Vine,(of HIS CHURCH) we are the branches!!..You Protestants are the ones who began dividing, splintering,fracturing and splitting away (on your own). There were "no denominations--until Luther, then Zwingli, then Hus and on and on---now in the 21st century Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1 and on and on (now over 42,000 contradicting denominations of confusion, chaos, and heresy. The One True Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ is the ONLY CHURCH that was intiated and formed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF! Every one of your 42,000 contradicting denominations are MAN-MADE, editorial and opinionated by someone else's "personal interpretation" of the bible, God is not the author of your Protestant "editorial" opinionated confusion and chaos!! You are, however< our ecumentical brothers and sisters in Christ, that has (rebelliously and defiantly) "rejected" the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, that is MANIFESTED ONLY in Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!
You have a problem that is not curable!!!!

From your NABre pope approved Bible...Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation.

Ain't nothin' said bout the Catlicks....
marge

Ames, IA

#426416 Mar 7, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I've argued before that as long as you don't act on a fleshly desire you are ok.
Am I wrong?
It's like any other sin.
humm i don't really understand, would that be like a thief at heart or a murderer at heart or an adulter at heart, what about Romans 1?

I love you Tony but i really don't understand why you can't be changed to like girls because that is how you were created according to the Word, imo.

And what about Romans 1, anyone?
socci

Humansville, MO

#426417 Mar 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
You Protestants are the ones who began dividing, splintering,fracturing and splitting away (on your own). There were "no denominations--until Luther, then Zwingli, then Hus and on and on---now in the 21st century Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1 and on and on (now over 42,000 contradicting denominations of confusion, chaos, and heresy.

Yes there were other denominations before the Reformation & Luther. There was the numerous Orthodox and the Waldensians, Nazarenes, Galatian, and several others Catholics like to pretend never existed.

Today the only way to find the true church or faith of Jesus is with God's word. Find the ones keeping God's law including the right Sabbath and you narrow it way down. And there goes the RC.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426418 Mar 7, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I wrong?
It's like any other sin.
Well I know one thing and that is...I like men so much that I said if there was such a thing as reincarnation and we had to come back as something else,I want to come back as a female,LOL,LOL.

In this life, I have been denying myself the pleasures of being with a man. I even had this one man ( Rico ) with whom I was really in love with . I was so in love with Rico that I think I loved him more than my next breath. He actually asked me to marry him even though I would not allow him to fulfill his sexual desires with me no matter how hard he pleaded with me.

I think Rico really just wanted to continue to live me and continue to enjoy the really ,really comfortable life that he was enjoying that I was providing for him. I even bought him a car. A brand new one too. I was kinda insulted when Rico had the nerve to ask me to marry him though. It's bad enough that I'm gay. I wasn't about to further insult God by marrying a man. If I was a female though and we were hetero's I would have married Rico without a second thought.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426419 Mar 8, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
humm i don't really understand, would that be like a thief at heart or a murderer at heart or an adulter at heart, what about Romans 1?
I love you Tony but i really don't understand why you can't be changed to like girls because that is how you were created according to the Word, imo.
And what about Romans 1, anyone?
I have often stated that when and if I get to heaven I want to have a talk with my heavenly father and ask Him why some of us are gay. I know for a fact I didn't merely choose to be gay. I remember even as a 5 year old how attracted to boys I was. I had no control over it. It just felt so natural. I wasn't trying to be rebellious to God by being gay. It just was so natural to me to be gay It just felt so right to be attracted to a man. I was uncomfortable with females except as friend.

I remember when I was a kid and the kids in my neighborhood would always like to come to my home to play and we'd end up playing mommy and daddy. Even though there would be females playing, when we chose who the father was gonna be and who the mother was gonna be I would always be the mother and the other kids would be our children. If I couldn't be the mom then I wouldn't allow the kids to play at my house,LOL,LOL. The stories I could tell you guys about my upbringing,LOL. Everyone always say I should write a book about my life,LOL.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#426420 Mar 8, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says "just what we need here in Laurel Canyon,....another Idiot".
As pointed out a short time ago, why don't you do your studies and come up with factual numbers. Anyone can say 'a thousand or more'....and even so if a thousand or more...what does that number compare to the hundreds of thousands of the overall members of the Clergy that have come down through the ages.
Again, give you proof that it started centuries ago instead of running around with your head stuck up inside your arseHole and listening to your own echo.
impossible to give accurate numbers unless the church comes forward and releases all documents pertaining to exactly how many priests and actual victims there are.until then we have to go by the people that are coming forward and the priests being convicted by the courts and priests who are suspect.We will never know the truth because the man who does was made pope and is now in seclusion so the public can not get to him,if it were up to me i'd get a warrant extradite him, and bring benny back and have him testify before he kicks off.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#426421 Mar 8, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Roman Catholics live by the words of Jesus Christ, their Lord and Master.
Jesus Christ put a whole lotta crap to bed when he said: "Nobody comes to the Father but through ME. And nobody comes to ME except through the Father".
"For if you believe in ME and keep your FAITH, then I shall be with you for all times, even untio the end of the World".
Roman Catholics believes this very much and that Jesus Christ is one Son in being with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
Ollie says that if you believe in the Holy Trinity....you just cannot go wrong.
don't stop there tell us the rest of the story,how you pray to saints and bow to idols and praise mary more than jesus and put the church first befofre others,and changing of the commandments and the sabbath,all unholy acts.funny how you and others never remember to add these things to your posts,when talking about your pagan/christian unholy man made church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Tue Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Tue USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Tue woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web