Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691924 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426376 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're simply playing footsie.
You feign a position of "not taking one", and if someone answers you in a manner that excludes the gnostic gospels, you ask why they don't believe Jesus.
Pedantic and now tiresome.
Just be plain, if you can.
I don't play footsie with strangers. Sorry.

Oh, I have taken a position, you just don't want to accept it.

Self is what attains salvation, and by believing Jesus' teachings, all of them, gives you the information that will allow you to achieve that salvation.

"Believe in me" he said, I do. Do I have to believe he rose in bodily form? No I don't, because he probably didn't. This is where your belief and mine will differ.

Skip the Gnosticism, the Catholicism, the Protestantism, or even Hinduism, Islam, etc, etc.....no religion is required. None.

Men CHOOSE to believe in a god-like being, for comfort. If men could realize that their belief is for them to choose and not dictated to them, only then will men achieve the salvation they seek. A salvation that requires honesty - first with their own being - and then with others.

Self. No religion is required.

BTW Dan, tiresome is actually witnessing individuals who continuously lie about their belief in Jesus. The top one being - Christianity and its follower do NOT believe in all of what Jesus taught, even though each and everyone of its followers will claim that they do. We know you don't. But will they be honest about it. No, they won't. They begin to play, "God" said this, or "God" said that - when even then, they have no clue on what "God" said. Those followers take it for granted they were told the truth and BELIEVE it.

To this religion's followers, honesty must mean to lie.

I am saddened at all of the disbelief in Jesus though. Is it tiresome? No - so sorry to disappoint you yet again.

Albuquerque, NM

#426377 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, NASL-
"duck and cover", huh?
Nah, just evening up the playing field a little.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#426378 Mar 7, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Begone Satan, with your blackHeart.
Stanley mentions that he knows of someone in town that practices this type of action a lot on your wife.
As a matter of fact, this person uses a dildo on her as well dipped in vaseline and it, itself double dipped in course sand to make things 'raw' for you whenever she get home.
When it comes to you,'more the pity'...you filty-minded heathen.
What in the hell are you doing on a Christian site anyways??? Aaaaahhhhh yes. You are a LIAR and a CROOK. Huh!!
Percy is that YOU ?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426379 Mar 7, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still a homosexual?
Yep. I'm as queer as a three dollar bill. I just happen to be a homosexual that has been saved by grace that is no longer practicing that lifestyle. However my flesh is still attracted to men. And I am still honest enough to admit it because one thing about me is I AM NO HYPOCRIT.

I sometimes have to really strive to bring this flesh under subjection. As they say..the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Albuquerque, NM

#426380 Mar 7, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Today's world is rampant with eeejits saying 'awesome','whatever','I suppose','maybe'....and the most assassinie of them all .....'no problem'.
When the words 'no problem'(your not a problem) are said ...in any instance and/or situation....it means 'That There Is A Problem'.
CheckUP and no need to Go Figure.
Stanley says that to him no problem means that his alimony problem is in order (two negatives making a positive - you just cannot fool my Stanley, can you now. Huh!!).
Sorry Ollie *tips his hat*- I don't have a problem with leaving Christianity. In fact, it was one of the best things I've done in life.

But hey, thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with me.

Tell Stanley hello from me, and tell him to stop his whining. It is comical (to a point), but sheez, really, he is better than that.

Thanks for reading my post!

Albuquerque, NM

#426381 Mar 7, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>While both Ollie and I agree with what you have to say hereIN, do not go overBoard to say 'K'm sorry' to anyone.
Nobody is sorry today. Nobody is sorry for anything, anywhere today. Nobody is sorry for what they say, do, try, run from, mistakes they have made, and the whole Nine yards.
ListenUP. How can anyone be sorry to a complete stranger for something.
The three (3) most idiotic expressions on the go today are:
1)...No Problem
2)....I'm Sorry
3).....Awesome
....and in that order.
So as you do your daily walkAbout, pay attention to what is Reallly & Truly happening around you and you will Really & Truly see ALL the bullSchidt that is going down.
Stanley says do your best NOT to be part of it.
If you do something wrong, just admit you're wrong and made a cockUP and get on with it. Right!!...Yes, right.
Cool!! You scored me two out of the three sayings today!!

Nice!

*looks at the tally board*

Hmmmmm.....still a few gold stars behind......darn it all!!

I'll do better.....you can rest assure Stan is my mentor!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426382 Mar 7, 2013
Okay folks,I'm about to gross some of you out. As some of you know I happen to be a nurse. I used to work in the NICU some time ago but now I work in the adult ICU/CCU/PCU. A while ago we had this male patient that came in with a wine bottle stuck in his behind that he was unable to get out so he had to undergo surgery to remove it. Guess what? That guy was a heterosexual that was married and had kids.

That was very puzzling to say the least,LOL.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#426383 Mar 7, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>It is becoming more and more obvious every day that a high perCentage of 'supposedly' victims of sexual abuse by Priests...are turning out to be 'Untrue'. Spurned on by the cases of those who were abused, there are hundreds of 'borderLine Lunatics' who, when obtaining a lawyer to further their dillusional paths to award, eventually endUP by having it proved to them that they are nothing more than LIARs.
Both themselves and their lawyers ( their lawyers in particular ) are only in it for the money....'show me the money'.
It matters not to them that they have ruined the reputation of a Priest, but that they have also pointed 'tainted' fingers towards the Roman Catholic church...of which they know nothing about.
Stanley says that of all the newspapers he reads while in his rockingChair in Laurel Canyon, he never sees any reports by the news media on such things.
....could it be that the news media knows a good thing when they see it..such as selling their papers blatantly decrying the Catholic Church and all it stands for!!! It is becoming more and more obvious every day that a high perCentage of 'supposedly' victims of sexual abuse by Priests...are turning out to be 'Untrue'. Spurned on by the cases of those who were abused, there are hundreds of 'borderLine Lunatics' who, when obtaining a lawyer to further their dillusional paths to award, eventually endUP by having it proved to them that they are nothing more than LIARs.
Both themselves and their lawyers ( their lawyers in particular ) are only in it for the money....'show me the money'.
It matters not to them that they have ruined the reputation of a Priest, but that they have also pointed 'tainted' fingers towards the Roman Catholic church...of which they know nothing about.
Stanley says that of all the newspapers he reads while in his rockingChair in Laurel Canyon, he never sees any reports by the news media on such things.
....could it be that the news media knows a good thing when they see it..such as selling their papers blatantly decrying the Catholic Church and all it stands for!!!
Justice is Mine sayeth the Lord....and HE is sure going to have a whale of a time with this present ILK that exists today.
The liberal main stream media who is "in bed" with President Obama and his Democratic Political "hacks" will say and do "anything" in an attempt to "bring down" Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!-----WHY??------Becau se the Catholic Church is the "biggest threat" to their immoral (liberal) agenda! The Catholic Church is "countercultural" to everything the media is attempting to "shove down the throats" of the American people.
i.e abortion, homosexual marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, euthenasia, and on and on. Protestant "sexual abuse" and Public School abuse (is proven statistically) to exceed that of the Catholic clergy, but you don't hear anything about these abuses---because---the Protestant Churches are "no threat" to the media. They have "sold out" to secularism, abortion, gay marriage, ect.
It is "no wonder" in America today, liberalism is considered to be a "Mental Disorder"!

s One True Apostolic Catholic Church

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426384 Mar 7, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Begone Satan, with your blackHeart.
Stanley mentions that he knows of someone in town that practices this type of action a lot on your wife.
As a matter of fact, this person uses a dildo on her as well dipped in vaseline and it, itself double dipped in course sand to make things 'raw' for you whenever she get home.
When it comes to you,'more the pity'...you filty-minded heathen.
What in the hell are you doing on a Christian site anyways??? Aaaaahhhhh yes. You are a LIAR and a CROOK. Huh!!
You have not denied the rumor....which only adds credence to it...

Location hidden

#426385 Mar 7, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Limbo and Purgotory are gone as well.
And, of course, you could eat meat on Fridays starting years and years ago.
Stanley has a question: If, at one time you ate meat on Fridays and it was considered by the Catholic Church to be a Mortal Sin, and if One Died in the state of Mortal Sin...then out of hell there was NO redemption. Yes!!
Now, if the law was changed to allow one to eat meat on Fridays without commiting a Mortal Sin.....what has happened to the poor bastards that went to hell for eating meat on Fridays when it was a Mortal Sin to eat meat on Fridays?????
My Stanley can sure fool people. Especially the muslimes.
Further proof that not all they teach is based on Scripture..the Word of God does not change....but the false teaching of men can change when not based on Scripture..

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426386 Mar 7, 2013
Many times I realize the enemy desire to sift my life. But I never will forget I told God one day that if He saved me I'd fight in his army till I die.

Location hidden

#426387 Mar 7, 2013
265 157
<quoted text>
Your words: The fact is that Roman Catholics 'stopped' paying too much attention to the 'OLD TESTAMENT' many, many years ago. Obviously, you haven't.
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Oh!!!!!!!!
When and Where?????
Stanley says that at the mention of the Name of Jesus Christ, every knee should bend.
He also would like to bend your Lying neck.
This is no lie...

Your words: The fact is that Roman Catholics 'stopped' paying too much attention to the 'OLD TESTAMENT' many, many years ago. Obviously, you haven't.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#426388 Mar 7, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Percy is that YOU ?
Nope.

What part of Stan and Ollie is it that you do Not understand.

Now, that's another find mess you have gotten yourself into.

Location hidden

#426389 Mar 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Further proof that not all they teach is based on Scripture..the Word of God does not change....but the false teaching of men can change when not based on Scripture..
Ollie says that you are full of schidt to the eyeballs.

Stanley says that when it comes to you, there's more brains in a bottle of water.

Location hidden

#426390 Mar 7, 2013
375 343 175
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Ollie wants to know what surrogate dog was your mother.
His reasoning is that you seem to have a knack for 'f**kin' the dog' all day long.
Ollie is usually most right on many things....
....except for painting houses and tearing down walls and
moving pianos upstairs for fat ladies.
Are you a fat lady?..and do you have a piano??
If so, do you want it moved upstairs???
Permit me...
You would be better off lying than denying the Truth in God's Word..which is the equivalent of calling Him a liar!!!!!

Location hidden

#426391 Mar 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not denied the rumor....which only adds credence to it...
What rumor!!!!!!!!

Oh, you mean the rumor that you and 'truth' are the same person.

Stanley seems to think that you go by a few more names hereIN as well.

Stanley is rarely wrong too.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#426392 Mar 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberal main stream media who is "in bed" with President Obama and his Democratic Political "hacks" will say and do "anything" in an attempt to "bring down" Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!-----WHY??------Becau se the Catholic Church is the "biggest threat" to their immoral (liberal) agenda! The Catholic Church is "countercultural" to everything the media is attempting to "shove down the throats" of the American people.
i.e abortion, homosexual marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, euthenasia, and on and on. Protestant "sexual abuse" and Public School abuse (is proven statistically) to exceed that of the Catholic clergy, but you don't hear anything about these abuses---because---the Protestant Churches are "no threat" to the media. They have "sold out" to secularism, abortion, gay marriage, ect.
It is "no wonder" in America today, liberalism is considered to be a "Mental Disorder"!
The Catholic Church is no threat to anyone. The Catholic Church is full of hypocrisy. They remind me of the scripture that states that Satan is transformed (the word transformed in the Greek language simply means that he is disguised) as an angel of light. The RCC is disguised as a Church of Christ when in fact they are full of evil.

Location hidden

#426393 Mar 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Okay folks,I'm about to gross some of you out. As some of you know I happen to be a nurse. I used to work in the NICU some time ago but now I work in the adult ICU/CCU/PCU. A while ago we had this male patient that came in with a wine bottle stuck in his behind that he was unable to get out so he had to undergo surgery to remove it. Guess what? That guy was a heterosexual that was married and had kids.
That was very puzzling to say the least,LOL.
You call that gross!!!....That's not gross.

This is gross:.....

Stanley says that one time in a hospital where his doctor brother was working they brought in a hooker one day who had tried to commit suicide by jumping off a 6-story building.

She happened to land on a fire hydrant and it took the doctor 6 months to get the smile off of her face.

Go Figure.

Location hidden

#426394 Mar 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
375 343 175
<quoted text>
Permit me...
You would be better off lying than denying the Truth in God's Word..which is the equivalent of calling Him a liar!!!!!
Both Ollie and I demand of ourselve to give to GOD our utmost obedience.

Jesus Christ, one in being with the Father and the Holy Spirt, is our Lord and Master.

We have no anonimosities towards any man. We are two sheep of the Lord.

Baaa Baaa Baaa

Stanley says that we may have caused a few range wars back in the day when our neighbors raised cattle while we raised sheep.

....but we made a hellavalotta more money.

We eventually moved ALL our sheep to New Zealand as Stanley got tired of literally counting sheep.

Location hidden

#426395 Mar 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Barak Obanka's name is synonomous with 'vomit'.

Stanley says that its hard to tell if this fellow is black or white or Christian or muslime.

He wears a coat of many colors.....much like that hateful, and self-serving, egotistical Hillllary Rodman Clinton.

Go Figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Sun Frindly 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web