Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665588 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Yahchanan

Oklahoma City, OK

#426314 Mar 7, 2013
Pass the biscuits and Praise the lard...

If you don't think Yahweh knows what you should eat he made you and you fill your mouths with filthy disgusting pork.makes me sick.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#426315 Mar 7, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need 'luck'. I have the LORD, the REAL HOLY FATHER with me. HE has helped me in so many ways, I've lost count.
furthermore, I don't rely on Mary, dead man-named 'saints', prayer beads, or indulgences to pave my path. MY Lord and Savior Jesus Christ leads me.
You claim 'I know nothing'. Good for you. I'm so excited, I could burst.... yeah, right.
That makes two of us!!!!
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#426316 Mar 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
You Catholics attempt to put your own words in God's mouth.
while practicing the things that GOD HATES,and forbids.
Encouraging others to be involved in your conjured up fables,
deceiving them and being deceived....
Yet when you come down to the end of the road...
you can't/don't promise ...them ...that if they follow your false
teachings that they will receive have life....
You lead them down a dead end street...
TO WHERE?
~~~~
I have ask the above question before,,,BUT NO ONE HAS ANSWERED...
TO WHERE DOES YOUR CATECHISM TRADITIONS AND DOGMA
LEAD YOU WHEN YOU FOLLOW
WHAT IT SAYS...
Purgatory Confrinting, to be purified enough to enter Heaven.
To catholic's the blood of Jesus isn't pure enough to erase all our sins. His death on the cross wasN'T enough even though Jesus said it "WAS FINISH" CATHOLIC'S SAY NO ITS NOT" EVEN THOGHT THE BIBLE SAYS WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH; THEY SAY NO YOU MUST WORK FOR YOU SALVATION.
Everything God says 'THOU SHALL NOT DO" CATHOLIC'S DO TO PRAYING TO MARY AND OTHER DEAD SAINTS AND ERECT IDOLS THAT THEY BOW AND PRAY TO AS WELL, BUT YET SAY THEY DON'T WORSHIP.'BOW AND PRAYING TO A PLASTERS STATUE (IDOL) IS WORSHIP'
IT IS A CONTRADICTORY DOCTRINE. WHERE THE LAST PLACE THEY GO TO PRAY AND WORSHIP IS GOD. THE CHURCH, THE POPE, MARY AND THE SAINTS ARE SOUGHT BEFORE GOD. AS A MATTER OF FACT I DOUBT THEY EVEN ADDRESS GOD, BUT PRAY TO DEAF AND DUMB IDOLS TO INTERCEDE FOR THEM.
WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN THIS.
TALK ABOUT BRAIN WASHING PEOPLE.

Location hidden

#426317 Mar 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Purgatory Confrinting, to be purified enough to enter Heaven.
To catholic's the blood of Jesus isn't pure enough to erase all our sins. His death on the cross wasN'T enough even though Jesus said it "WAS FINISH" CATHOLIC'S SAY NO ITS NOT" EVEN THOGHT THE BIBLE SAYS WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH; THEY SAY NO YOU MUST WORK FOR YOU SALVATION.
Everything God says 'THOU SHALL NOT DO" CATHOLIC'S DO TO PRAYING TO MARY AND OTHER DEAD SAINTS AND ERECT IDOLS THAT THEY BOW AND PRAY TO AS WELL, BUT YET SAY THEY DON'T WORSHIP.'BOW AND PRAYING TO A PLASTERS STATUE (IDOL) IS WORSHIP'
IT IS A CONTRADICTORY DOCTRINE. WHERE THE LAST PLACE THEY GO TO PRAY AND WORSHIP IS GOD. THE CHURCH, THE POPE, MARY AND THE SAINTS ARE SOUGHT BEFORE GOD. AS A MATTER OF FACT I DOUBT THEY EVEN ADDRESS GOD, BUT PRAY TO DEAF AND DUMB IDOLS TO INTERCEDE FOR THEM.
WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN THIS.
TALK ABOUT BRAIN WASHING PEOPLE.
They also mistakenly teach Mary is a "virgin evermore"!!!!

Mt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

to take: to receive near, i.e. associate with oneself (in any familiar or intimate act or relation); by analogy, to assume an office; figuratively, to learn:--receive, take (unto, with).

So, when applying the definition of "to take" to the verse we have:

Mt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to have intimate relations with Mary your wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

And Joseph did!!! Quote: Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife..

She is as much a virgin as any other married woman....
Clay

Garden City, MI

#426318 Mar 7, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need 'luck'. I have the LORD, the REAL HOLY FATHER with me. HE has helped me in so many ways, I've lost count.
furthermore, I don't rely on Mary, dead man-named 'saints', prayer beads, or indulgences to pave my path. MY Lord and Savior Jesus Christ leads me.
You claim 'I know nothing'. Good for you. I'm so excited, I could burst.... yeah, right.
I believe you when you say 'the Lord God has helped you in so many ways you lost count'.
Amen. Amen and Amen.
God is pure love and He loves you just as much as me.
But...I do not believe you (or any of ya) when you say 'if Bible says this. The Bible says that's'

That's where I will draw the line, because you're not an authority on sacred scripture. To be blunt: you're almost taking advantage of Gods mercy and love by assuming control of His Holy word.
Make sense?
Thanks again for those prayers when I had a migraine. I appreciate that.

Since: Feb 13

San Diego, CA

#426319 Mar 7, 2013
What are the most important parts of the Gospel to focus on? I know how important the resurrection is, but as a Catholic, what else should really be studied? Also has anyone seen The Bible Series on the History Channel?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#426320 Mar 7, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>Catholicks have changed the word to suit them self's If it allows them to sin they are all about it.I'm sure it says do not add to my word or take away.
~~~

There is unlimited power in the word of God..

God spoke it forth and the worlds were framed...

Heb_11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

___

When we agree with God's word...Miracles take place.

Jesus said...

Mat_18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

__

In the Old Testament it says...

Jos 23:10 One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you.

Jos 23:11 Take good heed therefore unto yourselves, that ye love the LORD your God.

___

Like Israel of old the Roman Catholic Church spurns God's word...

___

Psa 78:32 For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works.

Psa 78:33 Therefore their days did he consume in vanity, and their years in trouble.

Psa 78:34 When he slew them, then they sought him: and they returned and enquired early after God.

Psa 78:35 And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

Psa 78:36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.

Psa 78:37 For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant.

___

In the New Testament it says

Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

They HAVE NEVER ADMITTED/remembered that JESUS was their rock, and the HEAVENLY FATHER their redeemer.

I guess they will never know what they have missed, by their

blatant disobedience and disregarding of God's word...

THEY ARE THEIR OWN WORSE ENEMY...

Location hidden

#426321 Mar 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you when you say 'the Lord God has helped you in so many ways you lost count'.
Amen. Amen and Amen.
God is pure love and He loves you just as much as me.
But...I do not believe you (or any of ya) when you say 'if Bible says this. The Bible says that's'
That's where I will draw the line, because you're not an authority on sacred scripture. To be blunt: you're almost taking advantage of Gods mercy and love by assuming control of His Holy word.
Make sense?
Thanks again for those prayers when I had a migraine. I appreciate that.
Your words say you have never received this promise...and know of no one who has!!!!

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Is it possible that this verse is not true!!!!! Christ was only foolin'.....

Location hidden

#426322 Mar 7, 2013
JKozoff wrote:
What are the most important parts of the Gospel to focus on? I know how important the resurrection is, but as a Catholic, what else should really be studied? Also has anyone seen The Bible Series on the History Channel?
According to a current post, Catholics do not follow the Bible...instead, they follow the teaching of their church!!!! Which is not based on Scripture 100% of the time..

Example: They teach Mary was sinless...that cannot be supported by Scripture...because the Word of God says the opposite: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God...
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#426324 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is indeed a Gospel of Thomas and a Gospel of Judas.
Neither are canonical, but they do exist.
THERE IS NO BOOK OF THOMAS IN THE BIBLE; HOW IS THAT, NOR JUDAS.
I SAID IF THERE WERE A GOSPEL OF THOMAS, IT WAS NOT INSPIRE BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. BECAUSE HE WAS NOT WITH THE OTHER DISCIPLE WHEN THEY RECIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT.
THEY DID FIND SOME WRITTINGS IN 1945, THAT DID NOT LINE UP WITH THE OTHER 4 GOSPELS.

In the N.T. all scripture lines up with, O.T. scripture which all the disciple as well as Jesus referred to.
truth

Perth, Australia

#426325 Mar 7, 2013
i been front of new building
just look line in your hand
read
you know where you meet me
see look symbols and line
then you will see did your god control your mind as arhitect
yes it is
what a about that

just nice one card sweep off
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssss
not foot soilder
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
any machine
even in shoping center any money box or what ever and so ever just 000 its ok
from eniver any spot of this planet..

why you do that to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

not will be mercy even if i died its very easy died..yes
but i try help you

your sin
your bigest sin

i am not working
i don't spend any dpollar for your materialistic posession any buildings institution..noooooooo

its not me no

you do that for your money and your law

i say to you

your law is not my law

your law is so nice beautifull like wrath
scircle around your neck..

bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

did you see that
yes you are

don't put pressaure over me
go see
your doctors with evil intetion
go see yoour workers with
evil mind =diploma
is evil mind

look every symbol
electricity
telephone train speed semaphore
looks every shape buldings geometry everything
satelite too

ja tebe kruhom i srcem a ti mene kamenom ruglom i ponizenjem..is that your payment..

nobody care about your evil corupt intetion its your face..your caracter which others allready know..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#426326 Mar 7, 2013
ima neko koji prati sve njih
doci na njih red
o yes

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

kad ja umrem onda ce umrit i moji progoniteljiiiiiii
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#426327 Mar 7, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>What do you know and have to say about the Popes that 'threw in the towel' before 600 years ago???
In being Truthful, Pope Benedict XVI, at least owned up to the fact that he was Frail, unwell, and wanted nothing more than to have his Church keep in Good Hands by someOne else who was more up to the job.
Someone said recently that sexual abuse was Not a Roman Catholic Church problem, but that it was a Human Problem.
How true. Studies prove that MOST sexual abuse takes place in the immediate family.
Stanley seems to think that you were abused as a child. Why don't you admit you were and who did it. Was it your pet dog???
If you can't refute facts backed by credible links, then call names and become stan and ollie.

Typical, but what else can one do? Just another form of denial.

Ireland (yes Ireland!) was forced to break relations with the Vatican - until the Vatican was shaken out of their denial.

Too bad so many of their followers are such sheep. With more good people speaking up earlier, maybe the RCC wouldn't be the worldwide comedy club staple that it is today.

Pity.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#426328 Mar 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
They also mistakenly teach Mary is a "virgin evermore"!!!!
Mt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
to take: to receive near, i.e. associate with oneself (in any familiar or intimate act or relation); by analogy, to assume an office; figuratively, to learn:--receive, take (unto, with).
So, when applying the definition of "to take" to the verse we have:
Mt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to have intimate relations with Mary your wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
And Joseph did!!! Quote: Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife..
She is as much a virgin as any other married woman....
I have heard other stories from othe catholic's some believe that Mary had a sinless birth like Jeus which would mean Mary's Mother was a virgin when Mary was born.
I heard 2 different stories about Joseph, One He was married before and the children were Mary's stepchildren.
On here they were cousins.
On another thread that Marge and I were on someone said Joseph was also a virgin.
So which one to believe according to catholic's pick your choice.
truth

Perth, Australia

#426329 Mar 7, 2013
terrace
sto nisi prominila ime ulice
neces
e pa tko ti je kriv
vidis da je sve od slova
terra=wrong word
everything have meaning

i never give any street name no its not me
your wicket people with diploma
how you call them
o with sweet name cancelar or what..remember wicket is wicket its evil
evil connect evil

ja tebe srcem i kruhom
ti mene kamenom i ponizenjem

jesus name is above all

you need know
suffering will be united with him who is winner upon everything
nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
you do that for yourself
not me

you liked wicket
i don't liked at all

wicket mind is in unite with wicket mind
not with me..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426330 Mar 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just wondering, can you tell how others would perceive your statement as "double-talk", "misleading" and "uninformed"?
Well, if you can't, let me post my opinion, so you do see it from the outside:
- I know that there wasn't any specific denominations except (small "c") catholic [universal]. Not large "C" as you would liek to believe.
- Your question is trying to cause an argument. My response is to stop if from happening. You'd been better off stating what I did, "there were no denominations at that time", but oh no, you wanted to sound intelligence (failed) by using a question that as Saban likes to say, "loaded" - and the only answer - in your eyes - would be the one you give.
*sighs*
You aren't a so-called "Christian" or anything related, if all you try to do is deceive others by manipulating them through the questions you pose.
You really don't know any better, huh?
You're simply playing footsie.

You feign a position of "not taking one", and if someone answers you in a manner that excludes the gnostic gospels, you ask why they don't believe Jesus.

Pedantic and now tiresome.

Just be plain, if you can.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426331 Mar 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered it, but it was off-topic.
Please try to stay focused on the title of this forum.
If yo have a beef against other beliefs, start your own forum to discuss them. Here your beef should be against the RCC, and not me.
Capice?
So - do you want to try again on this salvation thingie?
Wow, NASL-

"duck and cover", huh?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#426332 Mar 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
Los Angeles Attorney Declares Rampant Fraud,
Many Abuse Claims Against Catholic Priests are ‘Entirely False’
In a stunning ten-page declaration recently submitted to the Los Angeles County Superior Court, veteran attorney Donald H. Steier stated that his investigations into claims of sexual abuse by Catholic priests have uncovered vast fraud. ONE-HALF of the claims made in the Clergy Cases were either entirely false or so greatly exaggerated that the truth would not have supported a prosecutable claim for childhood sexual abuse”(capital letters are his).
Mr. Steier also added,“In several cases my investigation has provided objective information that could not be reconciled with the truthfulness of the subjective allegations. In other words, in many cases objective facts showed that accusations were false.“
Mr. Steier’s declaration is a stunner.“I have had accused priest clients take polygraph examinations performed by very experienced former law enforcement experts, including from L.A.P.D., the Sheriff Department, and F.B.I. In many cases the examinations showed my clients’ denial of wrongdoing was ‘truthful,’ and in those cases I offered in writing to the accuser to undergo a similar polygraph examination at my expense. In every case the accuser refused to have his veracity tested by that investigative tool, which is routinely used by intelligence agencies.”
“I am aware of several plaintiffs who testified that they realized that they had been abused only after learning that some other person – sometimes a relative – had received a financial settlement from the Archdiocese or another Catholic institution.”
“In my investigation of many cases, I have seen the stories of some accusers change significantly over time, sometimes altering years.
It is becoming more and more obvious every day that a high perCentage of 'supposedly' victims of sexual abuse by Priests...are turning out to be 'Untrue'. Spurned on by the cases of those who were abused, there are hundreds of 'borderLine Lunatics' who, when obtaining a lawyer to further their dillusional paths to award, eventually endUP by having it proved to them that they are nothing more than LIARs.
Both themselves and their lawyers ( their lawyers in particular ) are only in it for the money....'show me the money'.
It matters not to them that they have ruined the reputation of a Priest, but that they have also pointed 'tainted' fingers towards the Roman Catholic church...of which they know nothing about.
Stanley says that of all the newspapers he reads while in his rockingChair in Laurel Canyon, he never sees any reports by the news media on such things.
....could it be that the news media knows a good thing when they see it..such as selling their papers blatantly decrying the Catholic Church and all it stands for!!! It is becoming more and more obvious every day that a high perCentage of 'supposedly' victims of sexual abuse by Priests...are turning out to be 'Untrue'. Spurned on by the cases of those who were abused, there are hundreds of 'borderLine Lunatics' who, when obtaining a lawyer to further their dillusional paths to award, eventually endUP by having it proved to them that they are nothing more than LIARs.
Both themselves and their lawyers ( their lawyers in particular ) are only in it for the money....'show me the money'.
It matters not to them that they have ruined the reputation of a Priest, but that they have also pointed 'tainted' fingers towards the Roman Catholic church...of which they know nothing about.
Stanley says that of all the newspapers he reads while in his rockingChair in Laurel Canyon, he never sees any reports by the news media on such things.
....could it be that the news media knows a good thing when they see it..such as selling their papers blatantly decrying the Catholic Church and all it stands for!!!
Justice is Mine sayeth the Lord....and HE is sure going to have a whale of a time with this present ILK that exists today.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426333 Mar 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Leo XIII:“The recourse we have to Mary in prayer follows upon the office she continuously fills by the side of the throne of God as Mediatrix of Divine grace; being by worthiness and by merit most acceptable to Him, and, therefore, surpassing in power all the angels and saints in Heaven.
Now, this merciful office of hers, perhaps, appears in no other form of prayer so manifestly as it does in the Rosary. For in the Rosary all the part that Mary took as our co-Redemptress comes to us, as it were, set forth, and in such wise as though the facts were even then taking place; and this with much profit to our piety, whether in the contemplation of the succeeding sacred mysteries, or in the prayers which we speak and repeat with the lips.”(Iucunda Semper Expectatione, n. 2)
mediatrix - a woman who is a mediator
We don't seek salvation through Mary.

That was the claim, and I provided proof to the contrary.

Your failure to comprehend how Mary is regarded is yours to resolve.
truth

Perth, Australia

#426334 Mar 7, 2013
you not break nothing

earthly materialistic possession left everywhere
in city much more worse..

n ow you don't understood he art every heart
your have diploma not me
i don't wish have anyone
not at all

you liked be rich
for me
i am not careeeeeeeeeee

but you forget
every building every house every power everything on this planet speak by themself..
why i am sick

why

who say that

i establishe you on water and oceans every coner of this planet=who say that
not me
i just wrote this
i don't make nothing at all

mind up to mind mind up to mind mind up to mind mind up to mind mind up to mind eye up to eye eye up to eye eye up to eye
who created that eye who created your mind as well every mind

are you for sure you are smart..yes you are smart..
are you holy
i am sorry
i am not going tell you that you are..then..why you put that for judgment
did you judge me
yes you are

now you are not holy nooooooooooo

what you prepeare with all programs..you not
yes you areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee

why you give name terrace .. street... hwy this or that..

you do that not meeeeeeeeee

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 20 hr Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web