Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589351 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426064 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Serious question Confrint: Do you worship the Bible or God?
AS a Christian, I would be interested in any info I could about early Christianity. National Geographic had a good article about the journey of the Apostles. Thomas set up the Church in modern day India, you know. Do you believe that? It doesn't record it in the Bible.
Peter ordained Clement as Bishop Of Rome. Clement wrote epistles while the Apostles were still alive. Its not recorded in the NT. Do you believe it happened?
Why do you think GiF has these answers?

You will have better information coming out of the local public library.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#426065 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Serious question Confrint: Do you worship the Bible or God?
AS a Christian, I would be interested in any info I could about early Christianity. National Geographic had a good article about the journey of the Apostles. Thomas set up the Church in modern day India, you know. Do you believe that? It doesn't record it in the Bible.
Peter ordained Clement as Bishop Of Rome. Clement wrote epistles while the Apostles were still alive. Its not recorded in the NT. Do you believe it happened?
~~~
AS FOR
National Geographic THEY TEACH EVOLUTION, I do not subscribe to their antichrist teachings...

AS FOE ME

My focus is upon THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH CHRIST JESUS CAME TO THIS EARTH...

Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

ALL ELSE IS SECONDARY TO ME..

MY FOCUS IS ON WHAT HE SAID AND DID AND REQUIRES OF ME TO FULFILL HIS PURPOSE

That he sent me to accomplish...in my sojourn on earth.

THE BIBLE SAYS

1Ti_1:4 Neither give heed to FABLES and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

I have no interested in what some one alleges, if it cannot be validated/given credibility by more than one witness (more than one verse) in the scriptures from the Bible

...I desire only truth...

Truth is found in God's word the Bible...all else to me is suspect.

You can be a public relations agent...

for the Roman Catholic Religious organization all you wish...but you will never convince me of your conjecture, and fables

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD'S PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENT ..HE NEEDS NO ON CORRUPTIBLE MAN TO HELP HIM...

GOD ONLY USES

1Co_1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co_1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1Co_1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co_1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

-->NOTE

1Co_2:14 --> But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:

for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co_3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426066 Mar 6, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
In the first place, it's disrespectful to claim Jesus founded the romanist cult.
Secondly, it IS a denomination.
Thirdly, Wicked-pedia is a pile of garbage.
The Protestant Church of England labeled the Holy Catholic Church, the ROMAN Catholic Church. The name stuck and is now used by ideologues such as yourself as a slur.
You know nothing Jac. You invented your own scenario on Christianity. Good luck with that.
I suggest you read the Old Testament story of the Tower of Babel and how those people constructed their own religion and attempted to build a tower to Heaven. You people are doing the same thing.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#426067 Mar 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to change the subject again?
a. We were not discussing what you think we were, as you have stated with "The subject we were discussing is whether Paul was carrying out Jesus' work or not, and whether or not Paul and Jesus met"
- neither is what I originally inquired upon, so please stop lying and including me in your lies. You want to discuss those other topics, because it clears you from answering honestly, my question. You are just like the Catholics - always trying to double-talk there way out of a corner. Well news for you, I'm right in front of you watching you wiggle. Quite silly to look at in many ways.
- all I asked was "why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?"
- you are the one changing the discussion to what you think we should be talking about. No, it won't work - your diversion. So please stop and try to stay focussed.
That's a lie. You're right that it wasn't your initial loaded question you keep asking everyone, but those are both subjects that came up and we both discussed them. All one has to do is go back and look though the thread.

If anyone goes in tangents and diversions it is YOU.

Why do you think the Book of Acts should not be in the Bible?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426068 Mar 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
AS FOR
National Geographic THEY TEACH EVOLUTION, I do not subscribe to their antichrist teachings...
AS FOE ME
My focus is upon THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH CHRIST JESUS CAME TO THIS EARTH...
Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
ALL ELSE IS SECONDARY TO ME..
MY FOCUS IS ON WHAT HE SAID AND DID AND REQUIRES OF ME TO FULFILL HIS PURPOSE
That he sent me to accomplish...in my sojourn on earth.
THE BIBLE SAYS
1Ti_1:4 Neither give heed to FABLES and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
I have no interested in what some one alleges, if it cannot be validated/given credibility by more than one witness (more than one verse) in the scriptures from the Bible
...I desire only truth...
Truth is found in God's word the Bible...all else to me is suspect.
You can be a public relations agent...
for the Roman Catholic Religious organization all you wish...but you will never convince me of your conjecture, and fables
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD'S PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENT ..HE NEEDS NO ON CORRUPTIBLE MAN TO HELP HIM...
GOD ONLY USES
1Co_1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co_1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Co_1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co_1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
-->NOTE
1Co_2:14 --> But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co_3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
Evolution is a scientific fact Confrint. To deny this, is to deny the wonders of God.
Come on....God STILL created us. Evolution does not explain that part. It only explains how life evolved. Thats God, Confrint. Its a sin to ignore what He done. Accept it and be in awe of it, don't deny it.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#426069 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Dust Storm for taking the time to post this. I thought I remembered this story, but was too lazy to dig it up. Especially for someone who'll just ignore it anyway.
Thanks
No Problem. I dont have the time nor the inclination to deal with the baffoons left in here. Most of them are low on the intellectual scale and seemingly incapable of being able to view or speak in any kind of rational, objective, or truthful manner. Preston, LTM, Guest, the Confrinters, ox. LOL these people are completely nuts. Marge lights up and chimes in on occasion. They have ignored everything and provided no rebuttal of substance.

Basically the Vatican did not even start receiving information until 2001. Yet one would think all then Cardinal Ratziner had to do was read every letter that came in from around the world. In the case discussed here it was tercione who responded and the NY times, CNN and others who recirculated it were throughly debunked. Not one news source even inquired with any member of the church nor those on the trial panel to verify anything. It was reporting of the worst kind and puts them in tabloid trash credibility. They went quiet. More Dan Rather type stuff. lol Pope Benedict did alot not the least of which is ordering investigations and studies and implementing preventative measures. The bottom line is some members of the church failed greatly. The scope of the problem and dealing with it was faulty. However those who pretend they have no problems in their churches or schools and who just point fingers are also guilty of doing nothing and perpetuating a myth that it is a uniquely Catholic issue. The Church merely because of its size, structure, wealth and records provides a target. Its good to weed out the filth, but its bad to pretend it has, is or was being dealt with in a meaningful manner anywhere. Its always ez to play Monday morning quarterback. No matter what the church does or what we say it will not be enough, it will be excuses, it will be justying. blah blah blah. If these people had the answers it wouldnt still be a worldwide problem. Lots of people throwing rocks from Glass houses with no knowledge of what was done or happened or any real concern for children. Sad display. However Kudos to the Protestants who have taken the time to learn and even emulate the churches actions.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426070 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I believe that through the centuries the Holy Ghost preserved all that is necessary for God's plan of salvation to impact the lives of any one that would desire to become a Child of God .
My confidence is in The Holy Spirits choice of revelations...I do not need any other editing or additions
The Apostle Paul wrote.....
Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Gal 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
Gal 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
Gal 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
Gal 1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.
Gal 1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.
It doesnt make you wonder at all, how the Bible came to fruition?

The New Testament doesn't record how it became labeled and distributed. Does that mean you don't think it did?
Did it just pop out of the sky on Peters lap. Wait....not Peter, we know how you feel about him.
Did the Bible just fall on Paul's lap from Heaven?
My Bible doesn't even refer to itself as....the Bible.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#426071 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm already "saved", I need no man's help with that. Stop being so arrogant.
Who is discreditting "God"? I am surely not.
I'm only discreditting those men who think they know the mind of "God". You gotta know who I am speaking about, right?
- the men in 325 CE who think they can decide for others on what to believe.
- the men who think "God" only limited "His inspiration" to a handful of writers
- and to the men who refuse to accept ALL of what Jesus taught.
Yep - just like you.
you're one of them 'men' who seeks to impose his tyranny on those of us who know what Jesus didn't teach; like being self-conscience instead of being God-conscience. i've been trying to tell you, you're way out of your league here;)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#426072 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a scientific fact Confrint. To deny this, is to deny the wonders of God.
Come on....God STILL created us. Evolution does not explain that part. It only explains how life evolved. Thats God, Confrint. Its a sin to ignore what He done. Accept it and be in awe of it, don't deny it.
i have a hunch that those who claim to be christian but also espouse evolution are 99% of the time the same 'christians' who promote the 'gay rights agenda'. it's a 2-fold litmus test, if you will.

prove me wrong that you're not a wolf in sheeps clothing: whatcha think about gay marriage, pal?

#426073 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you think GiF has these answers?
You will have better information coming out of the local public library.
~~~

g.i.f. never claimed to know the answers...I JUST KNOW ONE THAT DOES...

AND YOU CAN TO...

AND YES YOU CAN FIND A BIBLE IN THE PUBLIC LIBRARY IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE,

THE BIBLE SAYS THOUGH...

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent?....

#426074 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

OF ALL THE SCRIPTURE I GAVE YOU ...FROM GOD;S WORD... IN MY FORMER POST

YOU TOOK MY STATEMENT ABOUT EVOLUTION AND RAN WITH IT..

---

IT JUST GOES TO SHOW . HOW YOUR UNREGENERATED MIND WORKS...

IT GIVES A REVELATION OF YOUR FOCUS AND PRIORITIES..

IT PROVES WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS...ABOUT THOSE THAT ARE DEAD TO THE SPIRIT

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426075 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
You wrote
The Apostles set it up in Antioch, Corinth, Rome and eventually across the world. To identify themselves as THEE Church, they called themselves the Universal Church.
Give book ,chapter and verse where The Apostles set it up...
"To identify themselves as THEE Church, they called themselves the Universal Church."
I must have missed that in my Bible studies...
DID YOU WRITE IT DOWN IN YOUR BIBLE .. I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT IN MINE...
FACT IS I CAN'T FIND MUCH OF ANY THING YOU SAY,....
OR HOLD TO BE TRUTH IN THE BIBLE..
.and I use a Bible...that has 26 different translation in it...
We know from the NT that the Universal Church was set up in Corinth, Rome, Jerusealum, Colossae, Ephesus, Galatia, and Thessaloniki just from Paul's letters.
We also know from the NT of other Christian centers like, Antioch and Samaria. Right?

What's the problem? I said Peter made Ignatius Bishop of Antioch. Is it recorded in the Bible? No. Does that mean it didn't happen?
If no, then why?

Ignorance is bliss..

#426076 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We know from the NT that the Universal Church was set up in Corinth, Rome, Jerusealum, Colossae, Ephesus, Galatia, and Thessaloniki just from Paul's letters.
We also know from the NT of other Christian centers like, Antioch and Samaria. Right?
What's the problem? I said Peter made Ignatius Bishop of Antioch. Is it recorded in the Bible? No. Does that mean it didn't happen?
If no, then why?
Ignorance is bliss..
~~~

I GUESS YOU SHOULD KNOW ...THAT IGNORANCE IS BLISS...

BUT

IGNORANCE CAN BRING BLISTERS...

In an eternally HOT PLACE...don't you know!
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#426077 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
If no, then why?
Ignorance is bliss..

Rome's Bible and religion came from Alexandria, not Antioch. The Nazarene Christians were at Antioch. This is the Christians who were persecuted by Rome for rejecting their false changes to the Gospel. Constantine called them Judaizers. It is from the Christians the canon was known & accepted. Then Rome's Church accepted the canon, although using the Alexandrian mss.
Yahchanan

Oklahoma City, OK

#426078 Mar 6, 2013
The truth knocks you to your knees then you run like hell...

Here is the mind that has wisdom the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits.

I hate to tell you but the roman catholick church is the beast but A mixture of righteousness and evil.
But is without a teacher but for satan Her is just a few thing the church has done.

Changed the fathers name and turned him into a god and he is not....no proof that he is only that man changed his name and made him a god.

Changed the sabbath from Saturday to Sunday.

Done away with the laws on of the biggest lies ever that the laws were nailed to a cross.

changed the feast days and turned them into pagan holidays.

They have hid many things from the public.

This church is evil......nothing but evil
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426079 Mar 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i have a hunch that those who claim to be christian but also espouse evolution are 99% of the time the same 'christians' who promote the 'gay rights agenda'. it's a 2-fold litmus test, if you will.
prove me wrong that you're not a wolf in sheeps clothing: whatcha think about gay marriage, pal?
What do I think about gay marriage? I agree with the Catholic Church.

Sex is the method that God uses to bring life into this world. Therefore, anything surrounding the subject of sex should be looked at as a covenant between two people who are paricipating in this miraculous plan. We call this Sacrament, Marriage.

Sex is not supposed to be a recreational enjoyment to do with various partners on the drunken weekends.
Is that easy for anyone to accept? Heck no. But its truth.

So, can two guys love each other and live together? I guess that's possible if they don't intimately love each other....but thats asking for allot of sacrifice.

Can one of them put their sexual organ in the others digestive system? No, because that would be perverting the method that God gave us to bring the miracle of life into this world.

The Church does not single out Homosexuals in their definition of Marriage. The same applies to straight people as well. We can't have multiple straight partners either...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#426080 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I GUESS YOU SHOULD KNOW ...THAT IGNORANCE IS BLISS...
BUT
IGNORANCE CAN BRING BLISTERS...
In an eternally HOT PLACE...don't you know!
Please don't imply I'm going to hell. That's getting old Confrint...I don't believe I am headed there, provided I can stay the course.

I would never say you or anyone else is going to hell. I don't even wanna think about someones child being separated from God for eternity in hell.
You, Preston and others seem to smile at the thought of your 'opponents' suffering without God like that. You want to be right so bad that you'd love to see people like me looking up at you and Saint Peter taunting me...
Basically Confrint, that's a disgusting mentality. Very unbecoming of a Christian....especially a supposed Minister.

Albuquerque, NM

#426081 Mar 6, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie. You're right that it wasn't your initial loaded question you keep asking everyone, but those are both subjects that came up and we both discussed them. All one has to do is go back and look though the thread.
If anyone goes in tangents and diversions it is YOU.
Why do you think the Book of Acts should not be in the Bible?
Still wrong.

You brought it up and wanted to discuss them. I kept trying to keep you focussed on my question to you, in which you have refused to answer and still refuse to answer it.

Please stop trying to turn this around, like I said, I'm going to call you out on any fallacy that you try to put on the table.

I'll answer your questions, when you honestly answer mine.

Which appears you will never get an answer from me, because you haven't answered mine. It shows in your frustration and continuous use of diversion tactics.

Bummer for us all, huh?

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#426082 Mar 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're one of them 'men' who seeks to impose his tyranny on those of us who know what Jesus didn't teach; like being self-conscience instead of being God-conscience. i've been trying to tell you, you're way out of your league here;)
How do you know what Jesus taught and what he didn't?
- Men

You are sooo confused, that you believe the confusion that has befallen you.

Albuquerque, NM

#426083 Mar 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - I meant to ask - so why do you believe men over Jesus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) 56 min Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 1 hr KristoFMYsagun 10
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 1 hr ELIAS IBARRA 59
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Gee-Tee 9,381
News Francis expects short papacy Thu ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Thu ELIAS IBARRA 10
News After a visit from the pope, Mr. Castro has muc... Thu L I G E R 2
More from around the web