Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 647099 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#426247 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
?
God is against "universal unity of every kind"?
~~~

Heb 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

Heb 2:6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Heb 2:7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

...NOTE GOD PUT ALL THINGS ON THE EARTH UNDER THE FEET OF MAN...

SEE GENESIS

Gen_1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen_1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

----
ADAM AND EVE GAVE THE DOMINION THAT GOD HAD GIVEN THEM TO SATAN...
WHEN THE SINNED IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN....

SATAN WAS LEGALLY GIVEN MAN'S DOMINION BY ADAM AND EVE..THEREFORE
GOD DID NOT ATTEMPT TO DESTROY THE DEVIL...

UP UNTIL JESUS BOUGHT BACK MAN'S DOMINION THROUGH HIS BLOOD AT CALVARY....SATAN WAS LEGALLY THE PRINCE OF THE WORLD...BY DEFAULT.

___

JESUS DEFEATED SATAN AT CALVARY AND TOOK BACK/RETRIEVED THE DOMINION THAT WAS GIVEN TO SATAN..BY ADAM AND EVE.

WHICH DOMINION IS RETURNED TO THOSE THAT ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR.

~~~
SEE IN HEBREWS ABOUT MANS DOMINION

Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Heb 2:12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

Heb 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same;

NOTE

that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

JESUS IS NOT AN ANGEL BUT A HUMAN BEING

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

---

AT NO TIME HAS GOD ATTEMPTED TO VIOLATE MAN'S FREE WILL,,,

SATAN DID/HAS VIOLATED MAN'S FREE WILL AND PLACED MAN UNDER BONDAGE TO HIMSELF AND ALL UNBELIEVERS ARE HIS SLAVES.

THIS IS THE REASON THAT IT IS WRITTEN ..

Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

NOTE
GOD DID NOT GIVE THE DESTINY OF THE SOULS OF MAN TO ANY ONE..
HE KEPT THEM FOR HIMSELF

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426248 Mar 7, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
yea but switching to non-Christian you became a moron so it did not help.
Educate yourself before making a decision next time.
No, you got it all wrong.

I left Christianity, because of the morons.

Please make a note of it.

And with you keep telling me what I did and didn't do, only goes to show this attitude is strong with you.

Keep it up "Fred".

I'll give you back twicefold what you expel from your mouth.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

(14) Jesus said to them:

(1)‘If you fast, you will bring forth sin for yourselves.
(2) And if you pray, you will be condemned.
(3) And if you give alms, you will do harm to your spirits.
(4) And if you go into any land and wander from place to place,(and) if they take you in,
(then) eat what they will set before you. Heal the sick among them!
(5) For what goes into your mouth will not defile you.
Rather, what comes out of your mouth will defile you."

(108) Jesus says:

(1) "Whoever will drink from my mouth will become like me.
(2) I myself will become he,
(3) and what is hidden will be revealed to him."

Albuquerque, NM

#426249 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that most "Bible alone" Christians have enough trouble with the canonical gospels, let alone the Gnostic gospels.
How true.

But encompassing all of what Jesus taught, will change that perception.

That is if one let's it happen, and not fight it tooth and nail all the way to their pew.

This is the fear instilled by your heirarchy and others. IMO - to keep its followers and to fill the pews.

Jesus never wanted this.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#426250 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"changes its stance"?
They didn't do it with female ordination. That was a big opportunity lost to curry favor and gain influence.
They didn't shift ground on their contraception position-that position certainly is costing them favor and influence, particularly with the current administration in the US.
the RCC can't legally torture and kill me for not agreeing with it right now either, so there are some positive points about it:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#426251 Mar 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
waaassssuuup says..........actually, i know Jesus/God personally so i know what He thinks and what He's like.
Michael says........OK! I will play along. What does Jesus/God think about the worldwide sex abuse scandals by the very clergy that represent Jesus/God?
If there is an all loving God I am sure the roman catholic church is way down on his list of favorites with what we know today.
Jesus thinks that these "clergy" do not represent God, but they're a very fair representation of the continuous evil from the remnant of the unholy roman empire.

anymore questions for us?

#426252 Mar 7, 2013
NOTE
CORRECTION TO FORMER POST

GOD DID NOT GIVE THE SOULS OF MAN TO ANY ONE..
HE KEPT THEM FOR HIMSELF... HE SAID ALL SOULS ARE MINE..

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

BUT GOD WILL NOT VIOLATE MAN'S PRIVILEGE TO DECIDE HIS OWN SOUL'S DESTINY

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#426253 Mar 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Ollie says......The fact is that Roman Catholics 'stopped' paying too much attention to the 'OLD TESTAMENT' many, many years ago. Obviously, you haven't.
Michael says........so! I guess you then dismiss the 10 commandments and genesis that were all written in the OT.
The OT makes up part of the holy bible. No way around it.
Your Busted!
You are full of schidt to the eyeballs.

Yes. The Ten (10) Commandments makeUP an important part of what is important and there are 'some' things written in Genesis that make sense and still apply today. None-the-less, Roman Catholics stopped paying too much attention to the Old Testament. The important things from it they have committed to memory. Too bad that you and your kind haven't.

However, you NOT being a Roman Catholic would Not Really & Truly understand. Would you!!!

...oh yes, you forgot (or ignored) Stanley's comment. It's a hellava lot more pertinent than mine.

#426254 Mar 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you got it all wrong.
I left Christianity, because of the morons.
Please make a note of it.
And with you keep telling me what I did and didn't do, only goes to show this attitude is strong with you.
Keep it up "Fred".
I'll give you back twicefold what you expel from your mouth.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
(14) Jesus said to them:
(1)‘If you fast, you will bring forth sin for yourselves.
(2) And if you pray, you will be condemned.
(3) And if you give alms, you will do harm to your spirits.
(4) And if you go into any land and wander from place to place,(and) if they take you in,
(then) eat what they will set before you. Heal the sick among them!
(5) For what goes into your mouth will not defile you.
Rather, what comes out of your mouth will defile you."
(108) Jesus says:
(1) "Whoever will drink from my mouth will become like me.
(2) I myself will become he,
(3) and what is hidden will be revealed to him."
~~~
New Age Spiritual Leader"

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#426255 Mar 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does not teach that we are to believe in any "Church"...much less the Catholic Church.
You are putting your money on the wrong horse!!!
Hogwash!!! Both Jesus and Paul said it, recorded it and revealed it to all of us!!
To begin with: Jesus proclaimed it in Matthew 16:13-21 when it called in "My Church"!--It is the same Church that is recorded over 30 times in the New Testament. It is the same Church that the Apostles taught in and were Bishops, elders, priests and deacons (Acts 2). It is the same hierarchical, authoritative, visible Church that Paul, in his letter to the Churches in Corinth, Thessalonica, Galatia, Philippi, Colosse, and on and on (all visible authoritative Churches. It is the same Church that Paul refers to in I Tim 3:15 when he said: "The Church (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!! and --It is the same Universal-Catholic) Church that Jesus initiated, established and formed over 2000 years ago, recorded, confirmed and authenticated over and over and over again throughout Church History, overwhelmingly agreed upon documented writings by the Early Church Fathers, the biograqphical writings of the Lives of the Saints and by the Apologistic Historian Authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant...... The fact that you "fundies" rebelliously and defiantly chose to "stick your head in the sand" like (vacuum brain) ostriches, ignoring historical and biblical TRUTH ---------(has never, nor will ever) change that TRUTH.'''' Your "bible only" confused and chaotic beliefs, have absolutely "no basis of biblical or Historical truth to back up "anything
that you believe--in fact sola scriptura was never believed by ANYONE until the 17th century. It is nothing but a MAN-MADE doctrine of "editorial/personal opinionated" beliefs. It is Just another one of the 42,000+ inconsistent, and contradicting Protestant denominations.

Location hidden

#426256 Mar 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Socci says.......writer. They accepted Paul as they did the virgin birth having witnessed Jesus' miracles.
Michael says.......In all of Pauls writings never does he mention a virgin birth, no mention of any miracles and no mention even of the crucifixion.....thats not good!
Its obvious by even todays standards that the men running the church are subject to wrong doings of mistakes. The sex abuse scandals and money laundering scandals and vatican infighting attests to that.
Therefore the leaders of the catholic church from the past and today are no more capable of making truthful or exactly correct policies as anyone else in society.
BUSTED!
Let Stanley and myself 'run' it in front of your thick skull once again.

Are you saying that you put the good name of the Holy Roman Catholic Church in doubt because of a mere 0.000000001 perCent of the hundreds of thousdands of Good, Kind, Compassionate, Gentle, Caring, and Intelligent Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Monks, Brothers, Nuns, Laypersons, Altar Boys, Choir Members, and the other categories of Church Administrators.....are you saying that you 'Judge' this Church by the FEW miscreantic monsters who committed sexual abuse?????

.....Because if you do, you are acknowledging the level of your IQ which would put you in a category lower than that of a headLouse.

Which prompts me to say that based on your method of thinking, should anyone 'rape' a woman in your neighborhood tonight.....then everyone in your neighborhood including YOU and ALL members of your family are rapists.

Stanley wishes to point out to you that when it comes to you, he thinks that there is more brains in a bottle of water.

Funnily, I agree.

Go Figure.

Location hidden

#426257 Mar 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
0.000000000000% of monsters you claim!(lol)
115 cardinals.
1) Cardinal Mahony former archbishiop of Los Angeles in the 1980s plotted with an adviser to conceal child molesting priests from the law.
2) Cardinal Sean Brady leader of Irelands church, failed in the 1970s to follow up on incrminating evidence against a priest who went on to become a notrious serial molester.
3) Cardinal Danneels the former head of the Begian catholic church who advised an adult vidtim of 13 years of childhood abuse against making a lot of noise about it because his molester a bishop was about to retire.
4) Cardinal Rigali former head of the Philadelphia archdioces where it took two grand juries issuing scathing repors of abuse before the cardinal saw fit in 2011 to suspend 21 priests accused of molesting children.
The full list of cardinals who abetted the child abuse scandal tha has dogged the church for decades. But for cerups and allowing abuse to floursih these 4 are among the worst offenders.
The worldwide list of catholic bishops is much longer and the list of priests would take me a week to post.
To date over 16,000 KNOWN catholic abuse victims in the US alone (USA TODAY REPORTED MARCH 4/2013
Catholics should be standing in solidarity with the many victims of sexual abuse at the hands of catholic clergy and quit making up excuses for them.
UNBELEIVABLE!
Go and do your homework and report back with the Correct Statistics of the Number of Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Monks, Nuns, Laypeople that have been with the Roman Catholic Church since the beginnint .... to date.

Then do your homework and report back with the Correcrt Statistics of the Number of members of the Bisops, Cardinals, and Priest, Monks, and Laypeople who have committed sexual abuse.

Then let the numbers sit where they fall.

Readers (especially YOU) will be bound to shut your mouthUP.

Ollie says that you are full of schidt to the eyeballs all the time.

....It would not be prudent to write down what Stanley said about you as this time.

Stanley wants his mother (who is in heaven) to continue to believe that she has a Real good son. Even though, he 'pulls back' on a coupla bottles of the red sometimes.

Location hidden

#426258 Mar 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Former Pope Benedict the first pope to throw in the towel in 600 years has demonstrated, and conceded that he is no longer the best man for the job. A number of cardinals/bishops would honor him and their religion by following his lead.
1700 years of sexual abuse by catholic clergy. When is this going to stop!!
Catholic canon laws and papal documents outline the history of sexual abuse by clergy that goes back to the 4th century.
http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/execu...
.....and catholics claim nothing is wrong!......very sad!
UNBELIEVABLE!
What do you know and have to say about the Popes that 'threw in the towel' before 600 years ago???

In being Truthful, Pope Benedict XVI, at least owned up to the fact that he was Frail, unwell, and wanted nothing more than to have his Church keep in Good Hands by someOne else who was more up to the job.

Someone said recently that sexual abuse was Not a Roman Catholic Church problem, but that it was a Human Problem.

How true. Studies prove that MOST sexual abuse takes place in the immediate family.

Stanley seems to think that you were abused as a child. Why don't you admit you were and who did it. Was it your pet dog???

Location hidden

#426259 Mar 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
..Philipino Cardinal......next POPE! Vietnamese Cardinal......next POPE! Sorry guys you don't stand a chance. No point in even going to the conclave.
Between 1573 and 1978 all Italian popes.
45 out of the last 48 conclaves Italian Cardinals became Pope.
The Holy Spirit must love Italians. The fix is in!
Stanley says "Wanna Bet".....

Location hidden

#426260 Mar 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> the Holy Roman Catholic Church and its Honest and Kind members should NOT be held responsible for the actions of a few miscreants.
JETHRO:a few miscreants? you call a thousand or more a few? the abuse of church authority began 2000 yrs ago,your right your not good catholics,you know nothing about your church history,read the history of the popes and you'll see what i mean.child molesting didn't just start a few decades ago it has been going on for centuries,a pope kept a peasant boy,calling him nephew,he really was the popes bedroom boytoy,they indulged themselves in whore mongering,orgies spending money to the point of allmost complete bankruptcy,your church is more suited for satans life style than that of an honest god fearing man. and you are in serious need of a phsycologist.
Stanley says "just what we need here in Laurel Canyon,....another Idiot".

As pointed out a short time ago, why don't you do your studies and come up with factual numbers. Anyone can say 'a thousand or more'....and even so if a thousand or more...what does that number compare to the hundreds of thousands of the overall members of the Clergy that have come down through the ages.

Again, give you proof that it started centuries ago instead of running around with your head stuck up inside your arseHole and listening to your own echo.

Location hidden

#426261 Mar 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does not teach that we are to believe in any "Church"...much less the Catholic Church.
You are putting your money on the wrong horse!!!
Jesus Christ annointed and appointed Peter as the Head of HIS Church. His Church is the Holy Roman Catholic Church and nothing else matters. Oh yes, there are good people who are members of other churches, but they are members of churches that 'broke' with the Catholic Church sometime in the past for whatever reason...the Church of England came into existance when Henry VIII wanted a divore, did NOt get approval from the Pope, broke with the Church and formed his own. And woe to those people under his rule who did Not follow him. Thousands had their heads lopped off and they were hoisted up on pikes.

In the years of the Life of the Catholic Church leading up-to-date, the 'torch' has been passed on to the next appointed Pope.

You are obviously, like so many hereIN, Not a Roman Catholic and not only know very little about the Catholic Church, but the operations of the Catholic Church are 'NONE' of your business.

Get Lost. Find your own Topic. Find or startUP your own church.

Stanley says that if you startUP a church, you should call it the Round Church because you seem to go around and around and around with the same bullschidt.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426262 Mar 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Danny but catholics haven't a clue about context. Remember...Christ comes in the form of a cracker everyday at the catholic church...
LOLOL.

That's from the Bible. Chuck.

You sound like LTM now-just pulling stuff from every orifice...

Albuquerque, NM

#426263 Mar 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
New Age Spiritual Leader"
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Gif / Confrinting with the word:

Why do you make up things about other people, when clearly this passage was writen 1900+ years ago, and plainly was not written about me?

Projecting your own faults onto others, will not help you in reconciling those faults ['demons'] that you abide in.

Here, I'll help you - this is what Jesus said:

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

(5) Jesus says:

(1) "Come to know what is in front of you,
and that which is hidden from you will become clear to you.
(2) For there is nothing hidden that will not become manifest."

(6)

(1) His disciples questioned him,(and) they said to him:
" Do you want us to fast?
And how should we pray and give alms?
And what diet should we observe?"

(2) Jesus says: "Do not lie.(3) And do not do what you hate.
(4) For everything is disclosed in view of <the truth>.
(5) For there is nothing hidden that will not become revealed.
(6) And there is nothing covered that will remain undisclosed."

(28) Jesus says:

(1) "I stood in the middle of the world, and in flesh I appeared to them.
(2) I found all of them drunk. None of them did I find thirsty.
(3) And my soul ached for the children of humanity,
because they are blind in their heart, and they cannot see;
for they came into the world empty,
(and) they also seek to depart from the world empty.
(4) But now they are drunk.
(But) when they shake off their wine, then they will change their mind."

Why don't you believe Jesus?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426264 Mar 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God is clear:
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Show me one verse that contradicts these and you will have a fallible Bible...which is impossible...
Yes, it IS clear, which is why I was dumbfounded that you said the church isn't mentioned in the Bible.

Location hidden

#426265 Mar 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you are honest..
Christians live by every Word of God...as teaches the Sacred Word of God..Quote: But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Roman Catholics live by the words of Jesus Christ, their Lord and Master.

Jesus Christ put a whole lotta crap to bed when he said: "Nobody comes to the Father but through ME. And nobody comes to ME except through the Father".

"For if you believe in ME and keep your FAITH, then I shall be with you for all times, even untio the end of the World".

Roman Catholics believes this very much and that Jesus Christ is one Son in being with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Ollie says that if you believe in the Holy Trinity....you just cannot go wrong.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426266 Mar 7, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds good.
I've read catholic prayers asking Mary for salvation.
Would that count as believing, ignoring or adding to the Bible?
None of the above, as there isn't a prayer that implores Mary to save us. Cite the prayer you refer to, please.

Salvation is through God alone.

Look it up. I gave you the link. That's what they teach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Iamfree 10,170
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Thu South Knox Hombre 7
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web