Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675535 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#426152 Mar 7, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text> historically started by peter who walked with the christ, then taken over by the roman empire by paul and went down hillfrom there

Now, that's another fine mess you've gotten yourself into 'misterChris'. Why do you keep doing that? Do you even bother to put your tongue in gear with your brains?

Now, you've gotten Stanley upset and Stanley says to tell you that he thinks and believes that you are full of schidt to the eyeballs.

Stanley is rarely 'wrong'. Stanley stands next to Your Pope in matters of religion pertaining to the Holy Roman Catholic Church.

Almost 'infallible' our Stanley is.

'Cept when it comes to women, of course, and painting, and driving dumpTrucks loaded with sand.

Stanley also does a pissPoor job on moving pianos. Especially for fat ladies wearing huge corsets.
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#426153 Mar 7, 2013
marge wrote:
James 1:25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does.
--- Marge, amen, those who follow GOD'S WAYS [" GOD THE TRINITY AND GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS]" WITH JESUS CHRIST will be blessed in all their lives...Thankyou, God Bless and meet you in Heaven...JESUS CHRIST IS COMING SOOOON...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#426154 Mar 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>

Your words: What's the problem? I said Peter made Ignatius Bishop of Antioch. Is it recorded in the Bible? No. Does that mean it didn't happen? If no, then why?
Your response comments are "so ridiculous" that one wonders where your "rationale thinking is because there obviously "is none. This is like making a 2013 critique on a "history book" that was written (up-to-date) in 1931 by saying, "how come the events of World War II do not appear in this history book" ---Since they are not there then the war "must not have happened"!!-----The fact is that "Church History" doesn't end with the bible, despite the fact that you bible only (buffoon fundies) would like to think so, in your "desperate attempts" to convince (yourselves and other non-thinking Protestants.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#426155 Mar 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey brother tell us more about this deteriorating and give a verse to two to demonstrate what your saying, sounds interesting:)
Amen Marge,
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#426156 Mar 7, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
All you really had to say is "I'm a catholic"
LOL, Hard to believe catholic's actually take credit for giving the world the bible and don't believe one word of it.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#426157 Mar 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Hard to believe catholic's actually take credit for giving the world the bible and don't believe one word of it.
Your ignorance of the Holy Roman Catholic Church and its members is beyond belief...especially when you go on and on and on speaking about Catholics.

The fact is that Roman Catholics 'stopped' paying too much attention to the 'OLD TESTAMENT' many, many years ago. Obviously, you haven't.

Roman Catholics 'follow' the teachings of Our Lord Jesus Christ who is One in being with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Roman Catholics accept this as the most important aspect of their FAITH and call it the Holy Trinity.

Unless you have this FAITH, you will Never understand and will traverse this WholeWideWorld lost and alone.

Stanley says people in such dire straits are 'more the pity'.

....Stanley is usually most right.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#426158 Mar 7, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Marge, amen, those who follow GOD'S WAYS [" GOD THE TRINITY AND GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS]" WITH JESUS CHRIST will be blessed in all their lives...Thankyou, God Bless and meet you in Heaven...JESUS CHRIST IS COMING SOOOON...
How soon?

And please give the time in current time. Not "6 days of creation" time.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#426159 Mar 7, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, that's another fine mess you've gotten yourself into 'misterChris'. Why do you keep doing that? Do you even bother to put your tongue in gear with your brains?
Now, you've gotten Stanley upset and Stanley says to tell you that he thinks and believes that you are full of schidt to the eyeballs.
Stanley is rarely 'wrong'. Stanley stands next to Your Pope in matters of religion pertaining to the Holy Roman Catholic Church.
Almost 'infallible' our Stanley is.
'Cept when it comes to women, of course, and painting, and driving dumpTrucks loaded with sand.
Stanley also does a pissPoor job on moving pianos. Especially for fat ladies wearing huge corsets.
Blahblahblah...

Is that you?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#426160 Mar 7, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they are.
Since the Modern-Day 'dawning of the age of Aquarius'. the baby-boomers inhaled tooooooo many barfBurgers and swilled down toooooo much cocaColas....never mind ALL that red wine and those long Marlboros. Its bound to get you in the end.
However, its interesting to note that the 'babyBoomers' were NOT partial to being a lazy generation. Quite the contrary as the proof is 'in the pudding' in most everything we have and do today from autos, to technology, homes, foodstuffs, the moon, the stars, and points beyond.
The 'next' generation that's up-and-coming....well, GOD help us. Anything between the ages of 18 and 25 today ARE schidt-for-brains. Its all 'no problem' this and 'no problem' that,'whatever' this and 'whatever' that,'awesume dude' this and 'awesome dude' that. These eeejits need to have their lazy skulls shoved into a dictionary instead of walking around with their heads shoved up their arseHoles.
Stanley says that he had a distant female cousin once who lived her life like that. Her name was Virginia. They called her 'Virgin' for short..........BUT not for long.
Stan 'n Ollie
I thoroughly disagree with that comment about 18-25 year olds:

http://www.break.com/index/people-are-awesome...

CYA blahblah
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426161 Mar 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you cite where the Catholic Church teaches that they don't believe the Bible?

Not a citation from marge, or you, or a website or your minister or a tract you picked up at the airport-a citation FROM THE RCC where they teach that they do not believe in the Bible.

Lots of luck, LTM. And, stop lying-God disapproves of it.
MICHAEL

Canada

#426162 Mar 7, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The witnesses who were there at the time knew who was the inspired writer. They accepted Paul as they did the virgin birth having witnessed Jesus' miracles. These books were later accepted by the Roman Church, although Rome later added other uninspired apocryphal books.
Who wrote the NT books and when?
http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...
www.datingthenewtestament.com
Socci says.......writer. They accepted Paul as they did the virgin birth having witnessed Jesus' miracles.

Michael says.......In all of Pauls writings never does he mention a virgin birth, no mention of any miracles and no mention even of the crucifixion.....thats not good!

Its obvious by even todays standards that the men running the church are subject to wrong doings of mistakes. The sex abuse scandals and money laundering scandals and vatican infighting attests to that.

Therefore the leaders of the catholic church from the past and today are no more capable of making truthful or exactly correct policies as anyone else in society.

BUSTED!
MICHAEL

Canada

#426163 Mar 7, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorance of the Holy Roman Catholic Church and its members is beyond belief...especially when you go on and on and on speaking about Catholics.
The fact is that Roman Catholics 'stopped' paying too much attention to the 'OLD TESTAMENT' many, many years ago. Obviously, you haven't.
Roman Catholics 'follow' the teachings of Our Lord Jesus Christ who is One in being with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Roman Catholics accept this as the most important aspect of their FAITH and call it the Holy Trinity.
Unless you have this FAITH, you will Never understand and will traverse this WholeWideWorld lost and alone.
Stanley says people in such dire straits are 'more the pity'.
....Stanley is usually most right.
Ollie says......The fact is that Roman Catholics 'stopped' paying too much attention to the 'OLD TESTAMENT' many, many years ago. Obviously, you haven't.

Michael says........so! I guess you then dismiss the 10 commandments and genesis that were all written in the OT.

The OT makes up part of the holy bible. No way around it.

Your Busted!
truth

Perth, Australia

#426164 Mar 7, 2013
Thank you Stan!
I fill perfectly good!
First for me i need pray and cry until i recover
but I am good..very young in face by mother nature..yes ..i just have bath in vinegar..perfectly clear spiritual bags will died upon my head..
no Stan..i have dream ye..i see myself up to over 80 to 90 very old age..i hope not yet i am not going died..I just have cup of coffee its late here o does meter keep me strong..i fill around 16 no modern that.
truth

Perth, Australia

#426165 Mar 7, 2013
No i am not agree others state then Vatican have trillions in minus..Are you for sure Micle i am liar?
Is that reason destroy church because money?

Paul say he is been accuser as well killer of Christians.

Why is like that Micle?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426166 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you cite where the Catholic Church teaches that they don't believe the Bible?
Not a citation from marge, or you, or a website or your minister or a tract you picked up at the airport-a citation FROM THE RCC where they teach that they do not believe in the Bible.
Lots of luck, LTM. And, stop lying-God disapproves of it.
Maybe she saying catholics don't believe the Bible is the only authority and that they also believe what man teaches.

Is that it?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426167 Mar 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she saying catholics don't believe the Bible is the only authority and that they also believe what man teaches.
Is that it?
She said they "don't believe a word of it".

That was it. No "maybe".

Can't save her on this one, Uncle Chuck.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#426168 Mar 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
She said they "don't believe a word of it".
That was it. No "maybe".
Can't save her on this one, Uncle Chuck.
In that case, yes catholics do believe the bible. However, what I said about thenm believing man is true too.

Hey Danny..what's up with pope benny? retiring but wants to stick around and live the high life off your money..what's your take on it?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#426170 Mar 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, yes catholics do believe the bible. However, what I said about thenm believing man is true too.
Hey Danny..what's up with pope benny? retiring but wants to stick around and live the high life off your money..what's your take on it?
They don't believe in "man" anymore than you would claim to.

You and LTM believe that each of you, men, or your minister, a man, can interpret scripture.

Catholics believe that the Church interprets scripture. Yes, they are men. Jesus is not here amongst us, so He instituted the Church to promulgate the message of the Gospel. All that is found in scripture. Men commissioned to teach Christ's message.

The Pope will live in a convent being rehabbed now for that purpose. I haven't seen the convent described as the "high life". In any event, my donations help provide for the accommodations of retired priests in my diocese, and for the retired Pope as well. You find this problematic, somehow?

truth

Perth, Australia

#426171 Mar 7, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Saturn-cass...
you not explain to me when i asked you..why?

-u lezecem polozaju lice=face i see that
is that telepathically direct in my mind see face..
when i start pray..its start opening as you opening shelf bast fast..yes i notice that trough my prayers.
Did i need be scare?..be honest with you not.
Are you for sure i am wrong?
no i am not scare,,please tell me why should be..

i see pure that face..maybe i will come tomorrow in catholic church too..

Are you for sure you don't know about patterns as well deference secrets symbols?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#426172 Mar 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What do I think about gay marriage? I agree with the Catholic Church.
Sex is the method that God uses to bring life into this world. Therefore, anything surrounding the subject of sex should be looked at as a covenant between two people who are paricipating in this miraculous plan. We call this Sacrament, Marriage.
Sex is not supposed to be a recreational enjoyment to do with various partners on the drunken weekends.
Is that easy for anyone to accept? Heck no. But its truth.
So, can two guys love each other and live together? I guess that's possible if they don't intimately love each other....but thats asking for allot of sacrifice.
Can one of them put their sexual organ in the others digestive system? No, because that would be perverting the method that God gave us to bring the miracle of life into this world.
The Church does not single out Homosexuals in their definition of Marriage. The same applies to straight people as well. We can't have multiple straight partners either...
ok Clay, that's fair enough. however, what would YOU think of gay marriage if/when the remnant 'church' of the roman empire' changes its stance on homosexuality, like it does so often to secure its position of power and influence over the world?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 10,518
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web