Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 549,002
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#425779 Mar 5, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>they did,no one else.
Agreed.
Clay

United States

#425780 Mar 5, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Absurd statements!
Saban, Apostolic succession; the Papacy and Magistrium of the Catholic Church was not started because they read certain texts. Its the result of action.
It was started by what the Apostles DID. Not WROTE.
Peter was given authority. We can glimpse this in Matthew 16: 19. But we experienced it when he established Universal Churches and appointed Bishops. We know Peter appointed Bishops because those men also wrote. We know the Bishop of Rome was the leader of the universal Church from very early on. Clement (Bishop of Rome) wrote his epistles with authority while some of the original Apostles were still alive.

This is how Christ set up the Church. This is why we honor the Papacy. When you see people kissing the ring of the Pope, i'd imagine your first thought is confusion and disgust. But if you understood that its a sign of respect for the chair. Not the human sitting in it per se, but the acknowledgement of what happened 2,000 yrs ago when mere men were given authority from Heaven, to govern the Church that Jesus Christ started. To bind and loose things on Earth that the Angels in Heaven will acknowledge.
You might say 'Peter and the Apostles were given that authority, not any other Bishop or Pope!!"
That's not really true. We can see the first sign of this authority being passed on when Clement gives orders in his letter to the Corinthians- written while John (for one) was still alive. Clement was Bishop of Rome. He settled a dispute in Corinth, and they obeyed him. Fast forward 2,000 yrs and its still the same. If there is a dispute amongst the Catholic Churches in Africa, the new Bishop of Rome (Pope) will settle it just like Clement did with the Corinthians. This real authority given from above.
Now, this authority has certain limits because it can't undo what was originally established. In other words, the new Pope does not have the authority to undo the Eucharist, for example. Or Baptism. I say this because today, there are ministers who hate the Papacy, but ironically, have assumed more authority upon themselves then our Popes do.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#425781 Mar 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture...

WRONG!! The Catholic Church is not a denomination! It was a Universal "Christian/spiritual entity of the VISIBLE TRUTH of the writings, traditions, manuscripts and letters from Jesus Christ HIMSELF and the Apostoles..... It was, is and will always be, the ONLY TRUE CHURCH that was established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!...There was only one Church and Jesus Christ initiated it,(over 2000 years ago) with HIS 1st authoritative, heirarchical, visible, Church at Antioch---headed by the Apostles (with Bishops, elders, priests and deacons in (Acts 2)... Denominational (division) began at the Reformation with Luther, followed by Zwingli, Hus, Wycliff, Calvin, Knox, Cranmer, Hedio and on and on and on and on--(now over 42,000 conflicting and contradicting "relative truth" denominations. EVERY ONE OF THEM are "MAN-MADE" beginning with Luther and the Lutheran Church. NOT ONE OF THEM was initiated, formed, established or founded by Jesus Christ HIMSELF---(Again)----THEY ARE ALL MAN INVENTED, MAN-INITIATED and MAN MADE by "so-called reformers" who claimed to be "so-called (enlightened expert) theologians", who chose to reject over 1500 years of PROVEN and AUTHENTICATED ---TRUE Biblical and Historical TRUTH---from the Early Church Fathers, documented Lives of the Saints and the overwhelming evidence of TRUTH from the Apologistic Historian authors and writers. God is not, nor ever will be, the author of your 42,000+ "bible only" Protestant "relative truth" --MAN-MADE divisions of confusion and chaos!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425782 Mar 5, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember why you got water-baptized?
For the forgiveness of your SINS, Marge.....

Baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ......
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425783 Mar 5, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course. I was not a child. I fully understood as an adult the reason for baptism. That's why I do not believe in baptizing babies and those that are too young to fully comprehend the purpose of baptism and all that it entails.
A child cannot grasp the seriousness of water baptism (BY FULL SUBMERSION)and why it is necessary. That decision must be made as a mature adult that fully comprehends that act. A person needs to VOLUNTARILY decide to be baptized when they understand what it means and a baby don't meet the criteria of understanding the purpose of baptism. So anyone that was baptized as a baby needs to be baptized as a fully comprehending ADULT on a voluntarily basis. It is an act that is only between that person and the Lord God and a baby cannot make that decision.
Yes, Tony, baptism is very IMPORTANT!
It is a covenant with God......and much, much more!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#425784 Mar 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
After you have been blessed by this promise, get back to me...
Sorry-Oxbow--but I don't need to get back to you about ANYTHING because I,we as Catholics,(need only) to continue to "get back to") THE TRUTH of our place of faith, hope, trust and salvation in Jesus Christ at Daily Mass, the Gospel message, the Eucharist, the other Sacraments, bible readings, and the Adoration Prayer Chapel with the Blessed Sacrament---IN AND THROUGH Our lords One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church.
We, as Catholics, invite you to "get back to us" to discover the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH and the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ-HIMSELF), instead of "drifting around in circles" your bible only boat of confusion, contradiction, and relative "half-truth" Christianity!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425785 Mar 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah am curious....how many burdens are you carrying???? Whose burdens are you carrying...what are they...how long will you carry them???
What is this "law of Christ"???????
Who stated that He would be giving Israel a new covenant that was not like the old one???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425786 Mar 5, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly I personally do not consider anything I do relating to service for God, even in service to my fellowman as a burden.
I count being in Gods service as a GREAT JOY and an honor....NOT A BURDEN.
And.....always giving God the Glory in everything you do.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425787 Mar 5, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. The word for Peter and the word for Rock are two different words with different meanings.
And, I suppose the Holy Spirit could work through the inspired writers to bring us the thoughts God wished to convey. They may not matter much to you since they were written 50 or do years later, but they mean something to me. I have faith in those words, not a man-altered church to lead the way for me.
Just adding:

But who do you say that I am?

you is used as plural.....

Jesus is asking all of his apostles this question...

“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

This is the confession of all of the apostles of Jesus Christ.

Peter is just stating these words on behalf of them (apostles) all.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#425788 Mar 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really want to 'respect the Word of God', you'll cease looking at it from a word for word literal translation.
There are no direct quotes of Jesus in the Bible.. Jesus never wrote any of the Bible.
This is why its baffling that some of ya break down these verses like you do.'Jesus first calls Peter, pebble. Then reverts back to rock, which would mean him now. He's the rock because Blah Blah.'
You see how silly it is? Matthew wrote what he remembered Jesus saying. The Holy Spirit would have inspired Matthew to get the jist of the message being conveyed. The Spirit didn't whisper to Matthew a word for word account.
Peter is the Rock and Jesus gave him authority.

~~~

You wrote

" There are no direct quotes of Jesus in the Bible.. Jesus never wrote any of the Bible."

So since you believe that there are

no DIRECT QUOTES of Jesus in the Bible.. why do you stake your eternal destiny upon Matthew 16: 17-19 if they were not spoken forth ...and are not... the words of Jesus...

(Question)...

Is it because of your atheistic believe that Jesus was never directly quoted....

that your Church ....can write into the Bible...edit in...

what ever they assume ...or want ....Jesus to say....

and build their own dynasty upon their assumptions?

Is that the reason that they have invented that fables, myths and

attempted to changed the Bible into a fiction novel?

The Bible describes you..

It says

Jas 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Jas 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Jas 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

___

Jas_4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
truth

Perth, Australia

#425789 Mar 5, 2013
he took me for hand
when i see i see building
216 gerge trc,,its stay in air with long dress and longer hair in midlle diveded..

photo stay front of me of that building

psalm 21;6
what say here
for you constitute him
high bless for ever
you make him feel glad
with the rejoicing at your face
''i trust in you

kakav prijatelj je Isus
on ce uzet te za ruku

kad te prijatelji prezru

another photo stay front of me
i took that on deference time
why
i can't remember everything what
i drove on papers
i follow what i drove that time
why
i don't know that time
what i will fuind
nooooooooooooooooooooooo
but its lead me
that i can see
yes i see
i see now perfectly
what
that
luster=lust
its stay
on photo
he art every heart
which art
art what i take photo
which photo
its not my art
no definitly not
i just took photo
me
that time its look funny
other people have nice lunch cup of tea coffee..
meeeeeeeeee
nothing
nooooooooooooooooooooooo
is that shame go inside and took photo
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo
i liked be honest not at all
i asked when i enter
what they say
oh
i don't think so they say somting
they say yes but
i don't see that yes must be something influence of something what i can't see
i know its lead me

planet map
i see what stay upon now

no charleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee
don't play
please don't do that
its pure as well clear secret
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#425790 Mar 5, 2013
i give you warning for nulty line.
its stay pure and clear on photo
he art every heart
its lead me to know

when i come look streets numbers letters..
i liked talk with someone
but i can't find noone to know to understood
its mean
''kad te prijatelji prezru''
21;9 fiery furnace

photo stay front off meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
what is that on map
i speak before
not over line 63 on map

i told you its warning
don't do thattttttttttttttttttttttttt
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#425791 Mar 5, 2013
i took photoo

its stay front off meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
10 alltogether
its map
its stay as your luster
is that revange
as lust
if you do that
its not mental
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
anybody can seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i am not artist
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo

i just took photo whats artist doooooooooooooooo

a just like that
its deference when you find imposibleeeeeee
on ordinary wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyy

i am as i am
you are notttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttt

why you going do that
what you going destroyyyyyyyyyyy
shut uppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppppppppppp
stop you stupidityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
you must stoppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppp
truth

Perth, Australia

#425792 Mar 5, 2013
i took another 24 photo
its stay front of meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

what you will dooooooooooooooooooooooooo

what a shameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo
stop

di ce to past sto ces bacit
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#425793 Mar 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Those that refuse to believe that Jesus is the Son of God,
that refuse to believe God's word
are lost and do not know it...
and when the truth is told them...
they had rather believe their own Lies...
Jesus said
There would be those (such as the Roman Catholic Church)that acknowledge that Jesus is Christ, yet deceive many...
They acknowledge a historical Jesus ...that he existed....but they
Refuse to obey God's word...
They worship the events.... and
the props on the stage of the events ....
those that participated in the events....
THEY EVEN ATTEMPT TO REVERE AND STORE UP THE RELICS
ANTIQUES FROM THE EVENTS...
Instead of Christ JESUS,....GOD'S ONLY BEGOTTEN SON... the reason for the events...
EVIDENTLY....They never have been BORN AGAIN of the Spirit.
~~~
God the father said...CONCERNING HIS SON JESUS
Mat_3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Mar_1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mar_9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
Luk_9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
They have their proxy rituals THAT STANDS between them and SALVATION.
The have a proxy pope THAT IS STANDING between them and God...
They have a Proxy mediator (Mary the Mother of Jesus) standing between Them and Jesus...
They have their proxy (DOING PENANCE)... WORKS ...STANDING BETWEEN THE AND ....Gods grace,,,
They have their DYNASTY ON EARTH Standing between them and the Spiritual Kingdom of God...
The have set them selves to OBEY MAN ... IN THE PLACE OF OBEDIENCE TO GOD
they are deceived....
Mat_24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mar_13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Luk_21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
The teaching of the ANTICHRIST IS PALPABLE TO THOSE THAT HAVE SAID...

"DIFFERENT RELIGIONS.... ARE JUST DIFFERENT SHIPS HEADED FOR THE SAME ISLAND"...

The above statement has been posted here in this forum by Roman Catholics...

From the trend of their posting... of course...this excludes
the evangelicals...the protestants and other Christian groups.

The Heathens infidels Gnostic and other religions cults such as the Hindu Islamist etc are accepted... as valid ships...

Jesus said...

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
truth

Perth, Australia

#425794 Mar 5, 2013
sto ces unistit ovu planetu
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo
truth

Perth, Australia

#425795 Mar 5, 2013
what is on photo
pardon art
art which i don't do
somebody else long time ago
yes
not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
which cloud
now you are mrs or mr claudija
did youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuu
over photo is padobran like cloud
noooooooooooooooooooooobody there

are you sure noone is not corupt

pokvareno drustvo
jesi ti to vidija
kako mogu
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#425796 Mar 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Saban, Apostolic succession; the Papacy and Magistrium of the Catholic Church was not started because they read certain texts. Its the result of action.
It was started by what the Apostles DID. Not WROTE.
Peter was given authority. We can glimpse this in Matthew 16: 19. But we experienced it when he established Universal Churches and appointed Bishops. We know Peter appointed Bishops because those men also wrote. We know the Bishop of Rome was the leader of the universal Church from very early on. Clement (Bishop of Rome) wrote his epistles with authority while some of the original Apostles were still alive.
This is how Christ set up the Church. This is why we honor the Papacy. When you see people kissing the ring of the Pope, i'd imagine your first thought is confusion and disgust. But if you understood that its a sign of respect for the chair. Not the human sitting in it per se, but the acknowledgement of what happened 2,000 yrs ago when mere men were given authority from Heaven, to govern the Church that Jesus Christ started. To bind and loose things on Earth that the Angels in Heaven will acknowledge.
You might say 'Peter and the Apostles were given that authority, not any other Bishop or Pope!!"
That's not really true. We can see the first sign of this authority being passed on when Clement gives orders in his letter to the Corinthians- written while John (for one) was still alive. Clement was Bishop of Rome. He settled a dispute in Corinth, and they obeyed him. Fast forward 2,000 yrs and its still the same. If there is a dispute amongst the Catholic Churches in Africa, the new Bishop of Rome (Pope) will settle it just like Clement did with the Corinthians. This real authority given from above.
Now, this authority has certain limits because it can't undo what was originally established. In other words, the new Pope does not have the authority to undo the Eucharist, for example. Or Baptism. I say this because today, there are ministers who hate the Papacy, but ironically, have assumed more authority upon themselves then our Popes do.
Something is wrong with "started by the Apostles" thing.

The Orthodox and Roman churches were a single church with no papal primacy for at least 600 or 700 years.

Stop ignoring the obvious. You sound foolish.

The Vatican has plenty of well-paid officials who sound foolish and they don't need your help.

Stop misinforming people about the RCC. You are doing it no favors.
Clay

United States

#425797 Mar 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really want to 'respect the Word of God', you'll cease looking at it from a word for word literal translation.
There are no direct quotes of Jesus in the Bible.. Jesus never wrote any of the Bible.
This is why its baffling that some of ya break down these verses like you do.'Jesus first calls Peter, pebble. Then reverts back to rock, which would mean him now. He's the rock because Blah Blah.'
You see how silly it is? Matthew wrote what he remembered Jesus saying. The Holy Spirit would have inspired Matthew to get the jist of the message being conveyed. The Spirit didn't whisper to Matthew a word for word account.
Peter is the Rock and Jesus gave him authority.
~~~
You wrote
" There are no direct quotes of Jesus in the Bible.. Jesus never wrote any of the Bible."
So since you believe that there are
no DIRECT QUOTES of Jesus in the Bible.. why do you stake your eternal destiny upon Matthew 16: 17-19 if they were not spoken forth ...and are not... the words of Jesus...
(Question)...
Is it because of your atheistic believe that Jesus was never directly quoted....
that your Church ....can write into the Bible...edit in...
what ever they assume ...or want ....Jesus to say....
and build their own dynasty upon their assumptions?
Is that the reason that they have invented that fables, myths and
attempted to changed the Bible into a fiction novel?
You said, "why do you stake your eternal destiny on Matthew 16: 17-19?"

The Church doesn't base her eternal destiny on any verses of the Bible.

Again, the Catholic Church wasn't started by what people read. It was started by what people did.

Your church and all the others in Protestantism were started by individual people, based on what they read in scripture. This is why y'all are all over the theological map.

The Church came first, Confrint. And then the NT.
You guys are in error for assuming its the other way around. I guess if you realized the truth, you'd be forced to acknowledge the validity of the Catholic Church. Then, you'd be forced to admit that you believe Jesus Christ let this Church get infiltrated by the Devil.
truth

Perth, Australia

#425798 Mar 5, 2013
yes island photo is corect
how i know on ordinary way
confeeeeeeeeee

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
no

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Tue Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Oct 20 Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE