Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
410,321 - 410,340 of 538,820 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#425750 Mar 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Absurd statements!
Like most Catholics, he ignores the teaching of his pope approved NABre Bible. Regards Mt 16:18 it teaches:

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....

The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture...
marge

Ames, IA

#425751 Mar 4, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you who thinks as a homosexual you have an advantage getting another homosexual closer to God?
when we were on the other board we got called out by elders for not addressing that sin, and Tony knows in his heart its sin.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425752 Mar 4, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you who thinks as a homosexual you have an advantage getting another homosexual closer to God?
I don't think I comprehend your question. I don't think anyone has an advantage in getting anyone close to God. All we can do is teach and plant the seed of Gods word to a homosexual or whomever the person may be but ONLY GOD can make that seed grow. So there isn't an advantage I don't think.
marge

Ames, IA

#425753 Mar 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Absurd statements!
hey Sfan how our you? We're having a minor snow fall now but next week we will have rain!

we should get to understanding about water baptism, you do agree it's a believers baptism?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425754 Mar 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Sfan how our you? We're having a minor snow fall now but next week we will have rain!
we should get to understanding about water baptism, you do agree it's a believers baptism?
I remember when I got baptized. I almost drowned the preacher and the deacon when they layed me backwards in that water,lol. I can't swim so I hate for water to come up over my head so when the preacher submerged me I was flailing and what have you trying to come up out of that water,LOL.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#425755 Mar 4, 2013
Who deemed the Catholic Church the only true church exactly?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425756 Mar 4, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
Who deemed the Catholic Church the only true church exactly?
Satan and certain men of the RCC did. God had nothing to do with it.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#425757 Mar 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Satan and certain men of the RCC did. God had nothing to do with it.
True dat.
marge

Ames, IA

#425758 Mar 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I remember when I got baptized. I almost drowned the preacher and the deacon when they layed me backwards in that water,lol. I can't swim so I hate for water to come up over my head so when the preacher submerged me I was flailing and what have you trying to come up out of that water,LOL.
Do you remember why you got water-baptized?

United States

#425759 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
That scripture from Revelation is referring to the Roman Empire.
The prophecy came and gone. That is the most reasonable and logical explanation. This is what early Christianity understood. In fact, I don't believe anyone bothered to argue another scenario until the evangelicals arrived 1,800 yrs later. I could be wrong, but I don't believe anyone in Protestantism offered such a scenario until the Evangelicals did their thing.
All signs point to the pre 311 Roman Empire; the destruction they wrathed upon Christianity; slaughtering all the 12 Apostles but one; slaughtering all their followers; burning their Churches and homes.
If you have any doubt, consider that it was the ROMAN Catholic Church who made the book of Revelation part of the Bible.
Why would they do that if they suspected John was referring to them??
It was obvious they knew (being only a hundred yrs removed from the last persecution of 303-310, that the Apostle John was seeing the Pagan Roman Empire and their destruction.
-
-
Tony17 wrote:
It was not the RCC that made the book of Revelation part of the Bible. It was God. And when it came to persecuting the innocent the Roman empire could have taken lessons from the RCC on torturing and murder etc. Have you not studied the murderous history of the RCC?
-
sadly, the Catholic church thinks they speak for God. They think the pope has *authority* to do what he will - just because he's the pope.
Good person or bad person ... it doesn't matter - the Pope is the Pope and Catholics listen to him.
-
Pope Innocent VIII even authorized torture of heretics. I don't think God wants torture to happen ... it's just that the pope DID, and so *obedient* Catholics DID EXACTLY what the pope wanted ... rather than what God wanted. There were quite a few *obedient* Catholics in those days. I'd call them bloodthirsty ... but Pope Innocent VIII likely called them *true* Christians along with all the *obedient* priests.
-
What Catholics completely fail to understand is that **WHOEVER** had access to the Written Word Of God was used by God to preserve it. It doesn't necessarily mean they had integrity. It doesn't mean that they actually *obey* the Word of God -- they just *preserved* it.
-
In other words, GOD ALONE IS SO POWERFUL, he could even use Satan himself to preserve His Word - he didn't NEED the Catholic church to do so and everybody knows Satan doesn't obey God or His Written Word.
-
Jesus himself said. unequivocally. "Call NO MAN your Father." he said don't do it .. and that's the FIRST thing the Catholics do.
-
-
You Catholics on this board keep saying 42,000 denominations blah, blah. Actually, IF you add Catholics to that, there are 42,001 denominations .... YOU TOO are a denomination ... all you Catholics.
-
The Catholic church has proven, without doubt, that they are not the true religion. And everyone who will NOT call a priest "Father" is a step closer to the true religion.
-
In a process of elimination, I believe one could get closer to the true religion, but ONLY if they read the Bible.
-
Perhaps we need to get a list of what constitutes a "cult" and show these Catholics just how closely they match the definition.
marge

Ames, IA

#425760 Mar 4, 2013
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
To them that are without law, as without law,(being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
marge

Ames, IA

#425761 Mar 4, 2013
"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."
marge

Ames, IA

#425762 Mar 4, 2013
Tony, you should say I'm ashamed for what i'm thinking and let Him change you.

Location hidden

#425763 Mar 4, 2013
marge wrote:
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
To them that are without law, as without law,(being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
To bet on a sure thing is not gambling. My bet is you have no idea what message is in those verses...
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#425764 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Did He call Peter a rock or not?
Did He say upon this rock or not?
Did He give Peter the keys or not?
Did He give Peter the authority that Heaven itself will recognize or not?
I told you what He said; but you choose to disregard it.

Location hidden

#425765 Mar 4, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I told you what He said; but you choose to disregard it.
Like most Catholics, he ignores the teaching of his pope approved NABre Bible. Regards Mt 16:18 it teaches:

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....

The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425766 Mar 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember why you got water-baptized?
Of course. I was not a child. I fully understood as an adult the reason for baptism. That's why I do not believe in baptizing babies and those that are too young to fully comprehend the purpose of baptism and all that it entails.

A child cannot grasp the seriousness of water baptism (BY FULL SUBMERSION)and why it is necessary. That decision must be made as a mature adult that fully comprehends that act. A person needs to VOLUNTARILY decide to be baptized when they understand what it means and a baby don't meet the criteria of understanding the purpose of baptism. So anyone that was baptized as a baby needs to be baptized as a fully comprehending ADULT on a voluntarily basis. It is an act that is only between that person and the Lord God and a baby cannot make that decision.

Location hidden

#425767 Mar 4, 2013
marge wrote:
"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."
Ah am curious....how many burdens are you carrying???? Whose burdens are you carrying...what are they...how long will you carry them???

What is this "law of Christ"???????

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425768 Mar 4, 2013
marge wrote:
Tony, you should say I'm ashamed for what i'm thinking and let Him change you.
Really? Exactly what am I thinking that I should be ashamed of that I need to be changed for?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425769 Mar 4, 2013
Having been a student of Gods word for about 45 years now I like to tell people that I'm just a nobody,telling everybody about somebody that can save anybody.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 hr Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••