Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654539 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#425961 Mar 6, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Flash..........
Former Pope Benedict to Compete on Dancing With The Stars
http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the...
actually that would be a good idea,get him back into this country and arrest him,and hold him as a material witness to thousands of crimes that were committed and the evidence he with held impeeding the police from stopping the crimes and arresting the guilty,keep him locked up till he decides to talk,inprison him like the victims have been inprisoned all these years by shame,guilt of thinking it was their fault as to what happened to them.being compensated with money is not good enough,if i was a victim, i'd want justice for all,i'd push the matter continuosly to the point where the people would get fed up with hearing me on a daily basis and strip the pope/s of immunity and start handing down indictments and deal with the matter like it should be,bring all involved to justice and send the guilty to prison,10 yrs.or more would be satisfactory,plus do a little weed whacking to make sure they can never sodomize a child again.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#425962 Mar 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Spirit accomplishes sanctification in our lives but the place it occurs is in church (body of believers); it is amongst US.
Fulfilling the law of Christ, in this context, does not mean the entire law of Christ is observed through the keeping of this one command.
Christ’s law of love is very practical.
Since you refer to Jesus Christs Church as 'body of believers' I want to ask: what do these believers believe? Why did the Apostles and those they taught, refer to a Church. A visible body who are in communion with each other as one faith; one fold?

Also, I don't think Jesus Christ and His Apostles - who all went to horrible executions while spreading the Christian faith- would be ok with so many different opinions on what they taught and died for.
truth

Maylands, Australia

#425963 Mar 6, 2013
ti sto si me ljubila
neces neces jer bi tako sebe ubila
hi hi hi
i am not very importened
no
how its looks
i lose 20 cents for my bus
could you imagen opoor people on bus without 20 cents
oh what a shame
i am going cry now
is that shame
yes it is
o does meter
i am very happy person even without 20 cents
i don't go there because of money
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo
or see someone
from inat to smart people
no its not true that i wish something for myself
no
i don't liked nothing for myself or less be destroyer
noooooooooo
after all not to many numbers
no

i wrote on tissues
when i start cry
i been upset something i keep near myself tissues
yeeeee
then i pray as i alwayes
but its cvrk in my mind
i wropte
o does meter what
then
when i come i see why i see west bank symbol
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

thwen i fill very sad..ye i fill today like that
i calculated but not alltogether but i put together after i know now meaning when i see..ye
i am not going tell
as well maybe tommorow i will forget..as usual is not coming in mind..because i am not thinking be rich
no
i thinking about safty
i don't liked this big people
isthat nice
no
but i liked be honest
did they are smart
oh
its looks not
i am not investigated any name or any person

that not interesting me
after all not at all.
why i have to be interesting for someone..no
be honest with you not at all.
i am not against anyone.Are you for sure Jesus I am wrong?
did you see many symbols?
yes it is many symbols..i am very angry over them..yes but i am not against anyone no.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#425964 Mar 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Actually I can remember Mom making underwear and slips out of flour and sugar bags. But she bleached out the flour and sugar stamp.
~~~

I remember back in the early 1940's when my dad went to the store to

get chop for the hogs...(the chop came in 100lb printed sacks)

Mom would show/give him a piece of material that had come from a chop

sack,and tell him to get the same color an pattern if he could.

Mom wanted the same flowered material to finish making a dress.

___

I also remember when they began to Sanforize... per-shrink material.

IN THE TOWN NEARBY, THE CLERK PUT A SIGN IN THE DRY GOODS STORE.

IT READ...~FOR SALE... "LADIES READY TO WEAR CLOTHES." Under the sign..

some one had written ..."BOUT TIME." LOL
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#425965 Mar 6, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>actually that would be a good idea,get him back into this country and arrest him,and hold him as a material witness to thousands of crimes that were committed and the evidence he with held impeeding the police from stopping the crimes and arresting the guilty,keep him locked up till he decides to talk,inprison him like the victims have been inprisoned all these years by shame,guilt of thinking it was their fault as to what happened to them.being compensated with money is not good enough,if i was a victim, i'd want justice for all,i'd push the matter continuosly to the point where the people would get fed up with hearing me on a daily basis and strip the pope/s of immunity and start handing down indictments and deal with the matter like it should be,bring all involved to justice and send the guilty to prison,10 yrs.or more would be satisfactory,plus do a little weed whacking to make sure they can never sodomize a child again.
The problem Jethro, is there is no evidence Pope Benedict did anything wrong. I know people really wish there was, but there is not. People hate the Catholic Church, period. They'll latch on to anything negative about them. And worse, they'll convince themselves of things that are not true.

If Benedict knew anything and didn't stop it, then God will deal with him. Any guilty Priest or clergy member has no hope when standing before God, because of who they were supposed to be.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#425966 Mar 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I remember back in the early 1940's when my dad went to the store to
get chop for the hogs...(the chop came in 100lb printed sacks)
Mom would show/give him a piece of material that had come from a chop
sack,and tell him to get the same color an pattern if he could.
Mom wanted the same flowered material to finish making a dress.
___
I also remember when they began to Sanforize... per-shrink material.
IN THE TOWN NEARBY, THE CLERK PUT A SIGN IN THE DRY GOODS STORE.
IT READ...~FOR SALE... "LADIES READY TO WEAR CLOTHES." Under the sign..
some one had written ..."BOUT TIME." LOL
.... And then the town folk got together to burn the Catholic guy at the stake? Lol

#425967 Mar 6, 2013
In West Virginia a State trooper stopped an old hill billy

in his vintage ford...

The trooper ask the old man..."YOU GOT ANY I.D.?....

The old man answered ..."BOUT WHAT? "
truth

Maylands, Australia

#425968 Mar 6, 2013
i see that symbol
tt
svet svet svet
sve t sve t sve t
sve=all all all ttt

now because of that i have to go back
see more symbol
svet=meaning holy holy holy

now
i want see

sout s out
pearth
p earth
s out
p ear th

now i am going over river there see that singn on building
i see one near ount by
as well other beforeeeeeeeeeeee

but i need return aple telephone
i i am not going in
no
why should beeee
definitly not
i want see deference thing
i want complite picture
from my tiny pap;ers just tiny
how much alltogether
not real in order as i wish
did i wish
noooooooooooooo
why
becauase tiny things must be seperate
yes
then i can ad what ever i find if symbol exist on ordinary way its hasrd extrimlyyyyyyyyyyyyy
because nothing exist in this city

i liked see train statuion i see o'clock
i have to go over noth bridge
i have to go back on bedfoerd too
why
i am not going tell you
nooooo
its dificult follow all patern under single issue.

#425969 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
.... And then the town folk got together to burn the Catholic guy at the stake? Lol
THARE WERN'T NARY A RUMAN CATHLIC IN TAT THARE TOWN..THEY WUS AS SCARACE AS HENS TEETH.
truth

Maylands, Australia

#425970 Mar 6, 2013
read earth post earth

because of this city
now

is that very importenmed to you know
post earth
nooooooo
why not

listen i am not care what others think
because its my mistake
maybe i will know more
but i liked be myself
yes
because who are you that i need knowwwwwwwwwww

Since: Nov 08

usa

#425971 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is pre denomination. The Churches that make up the Catholic Church are not going to refer to themselves as 'just another denomination'(like Lutheran and Southern Baptist), just because people on the outside say we are.
I understand the word is almost necessary to use these days because everyone is put into a category and given a label.. And religious groups are no exception. But Christ didn't start a bunch of denominations. He started one faith and one Church. Its disrespectful to Jesus Christ to split His Church up into 45,000 categories.
You should also understand the title 'Roman Catholic' is also fairly new and was/is not used by the Catholic Church. In fact, it was first used as a derogatory title towards us by Queen Elizabeth in the 17th century. The title then spread to America and is now used throughout the world to identify the Catholic Church.
We can see how the title 'Roman Catholic' has affected peoples perception of the Catholic Church. Its probably one of the reasons y'all been successful in getting people to think the Roman Empire infiltrated the CC. All you have to do is show people our new title (that someone else gave us).
Look at the title of this thread?The Pope never even said that!
Wikipedia.org/Wiki/Roman_Catholic_term
roman catholic fits,because the man made church was started in rome,by emporer constantine,the church means nothing to god/jesus,it's the church itself that wants you to think that,if a true church existed i doubt it would be in a country that plundered, enslaved,killed and tortured jesus' people (jews).the church was built by using stolen/ransacked items from countries invaded by the roman empire. example where were the scriptures found? were they stolen from their rightful owners?(meaning all people),does the church have the right to hide an control the scriptures and any artifacts relating to god? if we are all gods children,then everything written is meant for all gods children not just one specific group. with todays technology, copies of the scrolls,ALL THE SCROLLS, could be easily be done and libraries could be set up for the people of the world could see what is written,or set up a website dedicated to the scrolls would be the thing to do, so that not just the healthy and rich can go see them,but the poor,sick an ederly can also view them.and a more informative understanding of what god is trying to relate to us would happen,and there lies the problem,religious groups would lose money if this were to happen,and that is against church tradition,not one church but all churches,priority one is bring in the dollar,make as much as possible,create a church of great slendor,in hopes people will believe it is the church of god,tell me,what does a stained glass windows mean to god? or golden chalices,candleholders,idols/s tatues,paintings and large fancy decorated buildings.why would he care about all that when we don't follow his teachings?
MICHAEL

Canada

#425972 Mar 6, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Flash..........
He already has the ruby red shoes.

What man wears red shoes?(lol)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425973 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you refer to Jesus Christs Church as 'body of believers' I want to ask: what do these believers believe? Why did the Apostles and those they taught, refer to a Church. A visible body who are in communion with each other as one faith; one fold?
Also, I don't think Jesus Christ and His Apostles - who all went to horrible executions while spreading the Christian faith- would be ok with so many different opinions on what they taught and died for.
Do you have a problem with the 'body of believers,' Clay???

God's household....who are those people, Clay???

“For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

“be conformed to the likeness of his Son”

or “your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus”

We resemble one another because the same Spirit is trying to produce the same inner qualities in our lives—love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.....which would be the family of God.

This is what Jesus and the Apostles taught, Clay...why do you have a problem with it???
MICHAEL

Canada

#425974 Mar 6, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Flash..........
He could start a new reality show. The "bachelor" for seniors.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425975 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body.

So it is with Christ.

For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

Now the body is not made up of one part but of many.
MICHAEL

Canada

#425976 Mar 6, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought benny is the vicar of christ on earth,god would tell him who to choose, after all the c.c. is gods true church.why all this voting by men? rotflmao.
Right Jethro8!

The eligible voting cardinals claim the spirit of God enters their beings and helps guide them in determining who to vote for.

If that is the true, wouldn't common sense mean why bother having a vote at all if all the cardinals should be voting for the very same candidate as per the holy spirit informing them all.

No need to vote, line up all the cardinals in a circle and on the count of three they should all yell out the same name, shouldn't they?

Its a game played by old men with red hats only.

MICHAEL

Canada

#425977 Mar 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have some wild dreams ...don't you? Especially when you wrote
"My first proposal would be polygraph tests for all the Cardinals/Bishops/Priests worldwide, to weed out the many remaining coverup artists, liars, deceivers and abusers Consolidate churches to fill them up, so there wouldn't be a priest shortage anymore, and lower tithing to 9% from 10%.
Results would be a healthy streamlined church, with its finances in order, its criminals in jail, and everyone could be happy again singing KOOM BI YA!"
___
God is the only one that could be successful in accomplishing your recommendations..
BUT
He is not going to get involved,...God does not violate the will
of any person..
___.
First off since you are considered a hawk....you would probably be
arrested for impersonating a Cardinal....
secondly
They would never hear your complaint.... that the whole bunch (including the pope) is attempting to impersonate God...
Now if they went to their knees, repented, and called upon God...
they might be able to turn their facade around and become profitable
to God...and the Church they supposed to represent.
If they would do what Former President Ronald Reagan recommended,...
tried to get America to do ....they might get some where...
Reagan read/quoted ...this often to the American People...
but evidently no one listened...
2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
But I rather doubt they will...each will be busy electioneering for his own candidate ...in selecting the next pope
Why do the eligible cardinals need to have a voting process? The catholic church teaches the holy spirit guides them all in their decision making. Shouldn't all the voting cardinals ALL vote for the same candidate on the first ballot as per the Holy Spirit?

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#425978 Mar 6, 2013
Hi God, it's me.

Some of us are getting older and things are getting bad here.

Energy, healthcare and food costs are too high,
and the future doesn't look good.

I know some have taken you out of our schools, government, even veteran's funerals.

But God I'm asking you to come back and re-bless America.

We really need you!

As you know, there are more of us who want you than those who don't!

Thank You God, I Love you!

If you agree, send it on - if not just delete.

Only you & God will know.

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."

AMEN!
MICHAEL

Canada

#425979 Mar 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem Jethro, is there is no evidence Pope Benedict did anything wrong. I know people really wish there was, but there is not. People hate the Catholic Church, period. They'll latch on to anything negative about them. And worse, they'll convince themselves of things that are not true.
If Benedict knew anything and didn't stop it, then God will deal with him. Any guilty Priest or clergy member has no hope when standing before God, because of who they were supposed to be.
Clay says.......The problem Jethro, is there is no evidence Pope Benedict did anything wrong.

Michael says.......Doesn't matter. Today there is so much contraversy, secrecy, and hidden agendas not counting the many scandals the church is experiencing that everyday more young catholics walk away in disgust.

The media is all over this. They report what we should know. We should know exactly what is going on in the church..........remember you help pay all their bills.

Clay

Lawrence, MA

#425980 Mar 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a problem with the 'body of believers,' Clay???
God's household....who are those people, Clay???
“For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”
“be conformed to the likeness of his Son”
or “your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus”
We resemble one another because the same Spirit is trying to produce the same inner qualities in our lives—love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.....which would be the family of God.
This is what Jesus and the Apostles taught, Clay...why do you have a problem with it???
I have a problem with these new - so - called 'body of believers' who appear to wanna destroy the Catholic Church.
And all I'm saying is, if wish to think you're all 'body of believers' as Christ apparently started, then at least, get with one another and come up with an official set of teachings. One faith.

Right now, I think its insulting to the Holy Spirit when you declare you're all guided by Him. Obviously this would be impossible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Married in 10,210
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web