Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595632 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#425678 Mar 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.'Peter' means small rock. Rock as Jesus used is translated as big rock!
Therefore, Peter you are a small rock it is on that big rock (confession that Jesus is the Son of God) with which He would build His church.
Now,
Back to my question......
You said, "We Catholics don't declare Peter as the rock either. Jesus did."
Then twice you quoted Jesus as saying, "Peter YOU are the ROCK upon which I'll build MY CHURCH."
I contend this is a lie. Unless you can develop the reference for that quote, you've lied about Jesus' words.
I'll quote YOU again:
"Why are you trying to undo this...what makes you think you have the authority to undo this?"
That question of yours is a good question for you.
Why put words in Jesus' mouth?
You "fundies" keep rehashing "the same old" subject of Peter that has been proven over and over and over again to be TRUE for over 2000 years..... Peter authority has, is and will continue to be PROVEN as Jesus Christ "earthly representative" and the 266 other Popes that followed him, to lead JESUS CHRISTS (One True Catholic Church) until HE (Jesus) returns again for the second time!! You "fundies" are just like Peter before he had his TRUE conversion to Jesus Christ.(You fish and catch NOTHING!)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425679 Mar 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again - your vacant of substance.
Once again, I'e posted information you refuse to refute justly and think your opinion will hold weight.

It doesn't.

Learn your religion and then post again to me.

Albuquerque, NM

#425680 Mar 4, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>By stating Men you do mean the Prophets and Apostles who were inspired by the Holy Spirit right ?
Which Apostles were inspired and which were not, should be the first question you ask yourself, before asking others their opinion.
<quoted text>Yes I do believe them over you.
I never asked you to believe me.

This is a choice you get to make - as you did with those few Apostles that were chosen for you to believe.

I didn't come here to change your belief in Jesus or "God". I came to this forum to give you the missing information that others refused to give you - about Jesus and "God".
Yahchanan

Oklahoma City, OK

#425681 Mar 4, 2013
And another thing their was never a j in the hebrew language so jesus is not right his name is Yahshua Jesus Some how to me Has something to do with the god of zus.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#425682 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see, you're looking for a Bible verse warfare match.... To trap me in my 'lack of a full quote'
Sorry Saban, I'm relying on you to connect the dots, but I forget you guys claim to be word for word Bible authorities.
Jesus to Simon: "You are Peter, and upon this Rock, I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail"
Since Christ just called Peter a Rock and He said he'll build His Church on this rock....what's the problem?
look, the Papacy wasn't started because we read Matthew 16:18. It wasn't started because someone said something either. It was started on what Peter did.
What he did was ordain Bishops and govern. He did not pass around letters and epistles for individual nut jobs to figure out their own Christianity.
Like most Catholics, you ignore the teaching of your pope approved NABre Bible. Regards Mt 16:18 it teaches:

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God....

The Catholic Church is a denomination.....No denominations are named in Scripture....
Clay

United States

#425683 Mar 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.'Peter' means small rock. Rock as Jesus used is translated as big rock!
Therefore, Peter you are a small rock it is on that big rock (confession that Jesus is the Son of God) with ... Snipped?
Ah I see, so Jesus just named Simon, Peter, a tiny, little pebble. Perhaps to put him in his place?

Then, Christ just gave this tiny little pebble some authority that Heaven above will acknowledge?

"I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven. Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven"

That's some pebble...
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#425684 Mar 4, 2013
The moon is made of cheese..........

The Bible is silly in that God does not get angry or jealous......

Which statement makes people angry?

Why?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#425685 Mar 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "fundies" keep rehashing "the same old" subject of Peter that has been proven over and over and over again to be TRUE for over 2000 years..... Peter authority has, is and will continue to be PROVEN as Jesus Christ "earthly representative" and the 266 other Popes that followed him, to lead JESUS CHRISTS (One True Catholic Church) until HE (Jesus) returns again for the second time!! You "fundies" are just like Peter before he had his TRUE conversion to Jesus Christ.(You fish and catch NOTHING!)
LOL - peter has been long gone and the roman empire, including its caesar-turn-popes, have been corrupt and antagonistic to the true Body of Christ since the beginning and still is whenever they gain enough power to do so.

repent from your self-righteousness (sacraments) believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be saved - you are now free to do so!!!
Clay

United States

#425686 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>When Christ acknowledged Peter/Simon them said UPON THIS ROCK would indicate he was referring back to his self (Christ) in my opinion otherwise he would have left out saying Rock a second time. Also one meant small pebble ther other large rock.
So to figure this all out, we need to find out who wrote the first account. If its indeed Matthew, we need to find out what language he wrote in. Aramaic? Greek?
The words for rock can be interpreted a couple different ways using those two languages.

I wish the Apostles would have explained their writings to the folks. Here we are almost 2,000 yrs later scratching our heads attempting to figure out Our Lords will.
I'm kinda being a smart mouth. Sorry, but I just don't see the hidden secret ministry of Jesus Christ. I believe the Apostles made clear the faith they were spreading.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#425687 Mar 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of "pulling up some (unrelated bible verses) regarding the Eucharist and "conveniently" avoiding the TRUE SPOKEN AND EXPRESSED WORDS OF Jesus Christ HIMSELF, why don't try reading the Gospels beginning withj John 6:47-59 : "For unless you eat my body (which is REAL food) and drink my blood (which is REAL drink) YOU CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!! I know why!!! Because Jesus Christs OWN STATED WORDS in the Gospel "totally bursts your bible only bubble" of Protestant propaganda!!!
Ok HoJo if Jesus wanted you to eat His flesh literally why did He serve bread, if God wanted you to literally drink blood why did He serve unfermented wine.
Second if Jesus nailed His flesh to the cross for our sins, because the Bible says He took our sins and nailed them to the cross in His flesh why would He have us eat sinful flesh.
Jesus body was place in a tomb, and didn't rotten why you tell me why I have to hear your answer.
Every scripture in the Holy Word of God The Bible is relevent, and are very related to one another.
Gods word flows from one generation to another, and by you saying what you did tells you you don't believe God.
The Bible is Gods word, "A MAN IS ONLY AS GOOD AS HIS WORD"
AND THIS COMMENT OF YOUR'S MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE AT ALL.

Because Jesus Christs OWN STATED WORDS in the Gospel "totally bursts your bible only bubble" of Protestant propaganda!!!
i MARK YOU 'clueless'

Location hidden

#425688 Mar 4, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
The moon is made of cheese..........
The Bible is silly in that God does not get angry or jealous......
Which statement makes people angry? Why?
Sounds to like God is angry!!!!

And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs

Location hidden

#425689 Mar 4, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok HoJo if Jesus wanted you to eat His flesh literally why did He serve bread, if God wanted you to literally drink blood why did He serve unfermented wine.
Second if Jesus nailed His flesh to the cross for our sins, because the Bible says He took our sins and nailed them to the cross in His flesh why would He have us eat sinful flesh.
Jesus body was place in a tomb, and didn't rotten why you tell me why I have to hear your answer.
Every scripture in the Holy Word of God The Bible is relevent, and are very related to one another.
Gods word flows from one generation to another, and by you saying what you did tells you you don't believe God.
The Bible is Gods word, "A MAN IS ONLY AS GOOD AS HIS WORD"
Because Jesus Christs OWN STATED WORDS in the Gospel "totally bursts your bible only bubble" of Protestant propaganda!!!
i MARK YOU 'clueless'
Make you a bet...he might respond...but will not answer your questions.....
Clay

United States

#425690 Mar 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Make you a bet...he might respond...but will not answer your questions.....
I'll make you a bet. If we Catholics leave this forum for good. Your 'allies' against the CC, will encircle you and pounce like a bunch of wolves.

Albuquerque, NM

#425691 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the Apostles made clear the faith they were spreading.
Considering you've only accepted to believe in less than six of the original 13 Apostles, how can you claim what you have?

If one is to break down the "beliefs" tended to the Apostles, we know that the first 12 all received teachings from Jesus, and the "13th" - added after Judas supposed died, only rcvd his from the other Apostles.

So let's see what teachings are not afforded to so-called "Christians", even though they proclaim "WE BELIEVE THE APOSTLES!" - which is an inaccurate statement, because without research, one would automatically think of all the Apostles teachings are included, yet they are not.

Believing less than six Apostles is less than half of what Jesus taught.

Simon: no canon text

Andrew: also the First-Called Apostle - no canon text

James: possible epistles attribution

John: possible GoJohn author

Philip: no canon text

Thaddeus:("Judas" - not "Iscariot")- "Jude"??- possible canon text attribution

Bartholomew: no canon text

Thomas: also known as Judas Thomas Didymus - no canon text

James: commonly identified with James the Less - possible canon text attribution

Matthew: some identify with Levi son of Alphaeus - possible canon text attribution

Simon the Canaanite: "Simon the Zealot" - no canon text

Judas Iscariot: no canon text

Matthias: no canon text

In summary:
- possible canon text attribution = possibly 5 of the Apostles
- no canon text = 8 of the Apostles

I think this tells a lot about the religion you hold dear. Less than half of the Apostles expressing Jesus' teachings?

I think not.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#425692 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll make you a bet. If we Catholics leave this forum for good. Your 'allies' against the CC, will encircle you and pounce like a bunch of wolves.
Probably true.
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#425693 Mar 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to like God is angry!!!!
And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs
That probably made sense in the Bronze Age. Life was cruel, and their gods reflected this fact.

That same god couldn't destroy chariots made of iron. One of the Ten Commandments was "Do not boil a young goat in its mother's milk."

And of course, the earth sat on pillars and was flat. The stars were for signs.

Not surprisingly, the age of the earth was about the same age as the age of humanity's first cities.

Personally, I don't believe for a second that the creator of the Universe is filled with the same petty human emotions that we teach our own children to avoid.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#425694 Mar 4, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
i MARK YOU 'clueless'
It makes "no sense" to you because you are "spiritually senseless"! The word "consecration" by the priest who is(per-sona Christi) seems to have (conveniently) escaped your limited "half-truth" "half-heresy" bible only "editorialized" Christianity!... You "fundies" keep "drifting around in circles" in you bible only boat of distortion, ignorance, deceit and heretical teachings. Read TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and get "spiritually enlightened,and educated in the TRUE FAITH and SALVATION of Jesus Christ and His (One and Only True) Apostolic Catholic Church!...Until that time comes, you will continue to be "on the outside" ALWAYS looking in at the TRUTH, just like the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-----that iuntil he eventually "came to his senses"!!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#425695 Mar 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - peter has been long gone and the roman empire, including its caesar-turn-popes, have been corrupt and antagonistic to the true Body of Christ since the beginning and still is whenever they gain enough power to do so.
repent from your self-righteousness (sacraments) believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be saved - you are now free to do so!!!
Sorry, but I don't listen to "fly-by-night" bible only editorializing "fundies" who quote and misquote, interpret and mis-interpret bible verses faster than "burger king" can throw out "their whoppers!! You can believe "anything and everything you want. Makes "no difference to me" because I (quite frankly) "couldn't care less!..... You can do want you want!.... I'll continue to remain with over 2000 years of the PROVEN AND AUTHENICATED Historical and Biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#425696 Mar 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I don't listen to "fly-by-night" bible only editorializing "fundies" who quote and misquote, interpret and mis-interpret bible verses faster than "burger king" can throw out "their whoppers!! You can believe "anything and everything you want. Makes "no difference to me" because I (quite frankly) "couldn't care less!..... You can do want you want!.... I'll continue to remain with over 2000 years of the PROVEN AND AUTHENICATED Historical and Biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!
if/when you want LIGHT rather than darkness and RELATIONSHIP rather than religion, give us a holler cuz we're here to help:)
preston

Waverly, OH

#425697 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a catholic, I couldnt in good conscience defend an organization that has bled the blood of innocent people for centuries, WHY DO YOU?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... 16 hr Earthling-1 31
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... 17 hr The Anti- Islamist 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 27 Gee Tee 9,522
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web