Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599842 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#425599 Mar 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask your other 42,000 conflicting and contradicting (bible only) self-interpreters and they will ALL give you different opinions,---HOWEVER---we, as Catholics ALL KNOW that you "fundies" just (conveniently) insert the word Catholic, wherever and whenever it "fits" your bible only anti-catholic "twisted" (editorialized opinion)!!
There is absolutely no wisdom in the RCC. However my Christian brethren and sisters, do not be angry with those that follown the RCC for they do mean well even though they be severely misguided in following this vile religion known as Catholicism. In due season Christ will deliver them from this religion known as Catholicism. In the meantime we simply need to keep praying for them that they will see the light and come out of that harlot religion as scripture advises.

To follow Christ's example as He was dying on the cross we too ask God to forgive those members of the RCC for as the Roman soldiers were in ignorance in killing the King of Glory for they knew not what they do, neither do the members of the RCC. So father forgive them.
truth

Perth, Australia

#425600 Mar 4, 2013
rosary is veru powerfull weapend
destroy vica versa and much more..

i just return i talk with one nice laady no no not to much pray..just talk nicly..
o well
who ever call upon my name
for moment i see she lose herself bur its go out
yep zmijica =snake go out from her..
nemoj kazat..then second doing from her..nemoj kazat

ye who ever call upon my name
two go out snake vake nake..
who ever call upon name

i listen how talk upon me svetice .......
they talk upon me yes they talking i fill them around me..
no i don't pray today not any prayers but i speak about prayers and Jesus..
how much 2.5 hours..simple ordinary talk nothing special..
by
my lovely accusers i will pray for you..
truth

Perth, Australia

#425601 Mar 4, 2013
first go out
then second go out

Why they scare?

who call upon my name..
truth

Perth, Australia

#425602 Mar 4, 2013
zamantala je yes.. jao

when i notice i from inat talk yes..o well but i respect this lady..very nicely..did i stop talk ..no no no
see
two zmijice=2 snake go out..o svetice svetice svetice..they call my name..
zamantala jadna sto ces..vise nego ocevidno..bit i liked that lady..she is very nice..no i don't pray rosary front of her i just walk one hour before
who ever call my name..
i see its go out..

Are you for sure its not true..
dvije zmijice go out=two snake..zamantala jadna zmijica..
Ken Barlows hair

UK

#425603 Mar 4, 2013
the catholic church has been corrupted by sexual deviants. Also why do they say they are the church of the poor when the top people live in decadent luxury in the Vatican?? its a fraud. they are just well established criminals who get away with commiting any crime they like.
truth

Perth, Australia

#425604 Mar 4, 2013
7 billions children is not as you think..ye as you say others corrupt institution is not better..catholic is still better then anyone..

Since: Nov 08

usa

#425605 Mar 4, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Jethro.
It's good to know that Galileo has another friend here.
of course i'm a fan of his,he made great strides in science despite being handcuffed by the christian/pagan church,who tried desperately to retard the search for truth threw science. i for one am very greatful for science,because of modern technology in the field of scientific medicine,i'm still here 1.5 yrs and counting longer than i should be.

usa

#425606 Mar 4, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
We know what he did to Sodom And Gomorrah. Compare those places to this united states and the sin committed here.And no you will not be spared because you are A Christian Or A catholick.we will all suffer NO Rapture that is A fairy tail.
We have destroyed our self's by our sin.
By not keeping the laws of love and peace.
And the world will mourn for her because they all drank of the wine of her fornication.The united states Will be destroyed.But suffering is what we have brought upon our self's.By not keeping the laws.
See folks I'm Not going to white wash the truth like every preacher in this world you get the truth from me. Even if you can not accept it I did my job by telling you.
To me each and everyone of you have slapped the creator in the face By your god worship. It is A fact that Yahweh Is not A good It say's so in every dictionary every concordance but yet you read but can not comprehend. It must be unless you are called And chosen you will not understand this. The sabbath the feast day how they were done away with for pagan holidays.And the laws..
Ha Ha here is A good one How About you will cause them to forget my name and the world has.I have ask People have you ever heard of Yahweh most have not but those you have say Yahweh god.....Nope sorry.......
Yahweh is not a god.
the two cities were destroyed by a natural gas explosion caused by an earth quake,glass fragments were found around the area which were created by tremendous heat associated with an explosion of that from volcanos or gas.was not done by any god,and lots wife never turned to a pillar of salt,if she did,where is the pillar?

usa

#425607 Mar 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Reading Scripture...continued..from post 425435....
Those who mistakenly believe the Word of God is fallible will answer "Sure it makes sense!!! It proves what I have been saying...the Bible is fallible...Christ would never teach us to abandon our families and properties to inherit everlasting life!!!!"
Then there are those that know the Bible is infallible, and will insist that those were the exact words of Christ, that He was speaking in the literal sense..that He meant for us to leave...abandon.....our families and properties to inherit everlasting life.
Their reasoning is that the Bible is written in English and the English dictionary says "forsake" means to leave..to abandon....but....they have not done so....cannot do so...and know of no one whom has ever done so!!!!!!
So, they see a problem with Scripture in the infallible Sacred Word of God, but have no idea how to resolve it!!!
the bible is fallible starting with the first book to just about the last.

usa

#425608 Mar 4, 2013
Ken Barlows hair wrote:
the catholic church has been corrupted by sexual deviants. Also why do they say they are the church of the poor when the top people live in decadent luxury in the Vatican?? its a fraud. they are just well established criminals who get away with commiting any crime they like.
not all are deviantes,there are quite a few yes,but a lot of the higherarchy are more into money,greed and power,which needs to be stopped,if they want to be considered a country within a country lets invade them and take back everything they stole over the centuries from the occupation of lands of the roman empire,they pretty much raped israel of their holy possesions,scriptures,gold,sil ver,enslaved them,and they turn around and declare themselves the true church of god. IF a true church exists,god/jesus would not put it in the hands of man,church history explains why,from child molesting,whore mongering,indulging in every vice known to man yert they are suppose to be holy men that follow the word of god,it is more decadent than the two cities of sodom and gamora,if an anti-christ lives, he lives within the walls of vatican city,waiting to be placed in power over the church,then the real fun will begin.the talk of a holy war will take place,and it will be catholic versus islam,how do i know this? islam has allready blown up catholic churches in africa,an things will slowly escalate,they will abandon their fight against the hated capitalists (U.S. and others) and turn their focus onto the church,i'm sure they remember how the catholics tried to wipe out their religion and thier beliefs centuries ago for dominance in the religious world,and these guys/girls are fanatics when it comes to their dedication to what they believe in.It's the fastest growing religion right now,so the vatican better take heed as to what they say about Islam.the day is slowly coming,the catholic church will be no more.

usa

#425609 Mar 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask your other 42,000 conflicting and contradicting (bible only) self-interpreters and they will ALL give you different opinions,---HOWEVER---we, as Catholics ALL KNOW that you "fundies" just (conveniently) insert the word Catholic, wherever and whenever it "fits" your bible only anti-catholic "twisted" (editorialized opinion)!!
your 42,000 is way off,you forgot to add in the 1.6 billion self interperatating catholics,and all other religious groups,all do the same thing,they pick and choose stories from the books and TELL YOU what they believe it means,when reality is they don't know themselves,no one does,because we do not know the whole truth,and we'll never know thanks to the early church morons who went along with constantines idea of burning books,the worst thing to happen to the scriptures is the catholic church.
Clay

United States

#425610 Mar 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
WHAT DO YOU ROMAN Catholics DO WITH THIS SCRIPTURE
WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR FABLES ABOUT PETER...
CLAIMING HE IS THE ROCK ON WHICH THE CHURCH WAS BUILT
WHAT???
Confrint, Peter did not claim he was the rock. Jesus did!
We Catholics didn't declare Peter as the rock either. Jesus did.

"Peter you are the rock upon which I'll build my Church"

One more time.

"Peter YOU are the ROCK upon which I'll build MY CHURCH"

Why are you trying to undo this?

What makes you think you have the authority to undo this?
Clay

United States

#425611 Mar 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Question for all those that follow the Roman Catholic Church. If the above scripture isn't referring to the Catholic Church, in your opinion, who do you think this scripture from Revelation is referring to?
That scripture from Revelation is referring to the Roman Empire.
The prophecy came and gone. That is the most reasonable and logical explanation. This is what early Christianity understood. In fact, I don't believe anyone bothered to argue another scenario until the evangelicals arrived 1,800 yrs later. I could be wrong, but I don't believe anyone in Protestantism offered such a scenario until the Evangelicals did their thing.
All signs point to the pre 311 Roman Empire; the destruction they wrathed upon Christianity; slaughtering all the 12 Apostles but one; slaughtering all their followers; burning their Churches and homes.

If you have any doubt, consider that it was the ROMAN Catholic Church who made the book of Revelation part of the Bible.
Why would they do that if they suspected John was referring to them??
It was obvious they knew (being only a hundred yrs removed from the last persecution of 303-310, that the Apostle John was seeing the Pagan Roman Empire and their destruction.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#425612 Mar 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you "list a bunch of bible verses" from the book of Peter and
WILLFULLY IGNORE THE (EXPLICIT, SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS OF JESUS "HIMSELF" (in the Gospel) of St Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True Church. The one in which He appoints Peter as HIS earthly representative to "lead HIS Church"!!
1Co_10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

The answer to you question is very simple..

From genesis through revelation

God AND JESUS ARE referenced as our Rock 106 times in the Bible...

YOUR claim that the Church is built upon A CORRUPTIBLE MAN NAMED PETER...(in you wildest dreams... is ludicrous) has no validation..

There are 106 verses found, TO PROVE MY POINT

YOU HAVE NONE

OLD TESTAMENT

Exodus 3 verses found
Numbers 4 verses found
Deuteronomy 8 verses found
Judges 12 verses found
1 Samuel 3 verses found
2 Samuel 6 verses found
1 Chronicles 1 verse found
2 Chronicles 1 verse found
Nehemiah 1 verse found
Job 8 verses found
Psalms 24 verses found
Proverbs 1 verse found
Song of Solomon 1 verse found
Isaiah 9 verses found
Jeremiah 7 verses found
Ezekiel 4 verses found
Amos 1 verse found
Obadiah 1 verse found

MEW TESTAMENT

Matthew 4 verses found
Mark 1 verse found
Luke 3 verses found
Romans 1 verse found
1 Corinthians 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#425613 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT???
One more time.
Please cite the chapter and verse and translation of that direct quote you just attributed to Jesus.
preston

Waverly, OH

#425614 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT???
One more time.
quit lying, clay. it doesnt behoove you toact like a juvenile.

Jesus never said those words," Peter ,you are the rock upon which I will build my church."

the "rock" that Jesus is talking about is the claim that peter made as all Christians on here will affirm, altho catholics will not since they have been told that lie so man times.

God Saves us, not a man like Peter, who like all of us gets weak sometimes.so then the ONLY ONE that He knows will not falter is that "rock" that was carved out of the mountain, that is JESUS.

no wonder that you clay are lost(and you are), you believe fairy tales from the fairys that make up your clergy

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#425615 Mar 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
1Co_10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
The answer to you question is very simple..
From genesis through revelation
God AND JESUS ARE referenced as our Rock 106 times in the Bible...
YOUR claim that the Church is built upon A CORRUPTIBLE MAN NAMED PETER...(in you wildest dreams... is ludicrous) has no validation..
There are 106 verses found, TO PROVE MY POINT
YOU HAVE NONE
OLD TESTAMENT
Exodus 3 verses found
Numbers 4 verses found
Deuteronomy 8 verses found
Judges 12 verses found
1 Samuel 3 verses found
2 Samuel 6 verses found
1 Chronicles 1 verse found
2 Chronicles 1 verse found
Nehemiah 1 verse found
Job 8 verses found
Psalms 24 verses found
Proverbs 1 verse found
Song of Solomon 1 verse found
Isaiah 9 verses found
Jeremiah 7 verses found
Ezekiel 4 verses found
Amos 1 verse found
Obadiah 1 verse found
MEW TESTAMENT
Matthew 4 verses found
Mark 1 verse found
Luke 3 verses found
Romans 1 verse found
1 Corinthians 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
~~~

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

NOTE

Eph 2:20 And are

==> built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;<==

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

-->NOTE-->THE CHURCH IS BUILT THROUGH THE SPIRIT...
IT IS NOT BUILT IN A PHYSICAL KINGDOM OF ROME BY CORRUPTIBLE MEN.

it is no an exclusive habitation for a blasphemous corruptible man

the usu-pater in Rome Italy <--

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together -->for an habitation of God through the Spirit. <---
Clay

United States

#425616 Mar 4, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>quit lying, clay. it doesnt behoove you toact like a juvenile.
Jesus never said those words," Peter ,you are the rock upon which I will build my church."
the "rock" that Jesus is talking about is the claim that peter made as all Christians on here will affirm, altho catholics will not since they have been told that lie so man times.
God Saves us, not a man like Peter, who like all of us gets weak sometimes.so then the ONLY ONE that He knows will not falter is that "rock" that was carved out of the mountain, that is JESUS.
no wonder that you clay are lost(and you are), you believe fairy tales from the fairys that make up your clergy
You just quoted Jesus Christ: "Peter, you are the Rock upon which I'll build my Church"
Then you said He never meant that.
Preston, don't take it up with me. Take it up with Christ.
By making Peter the Rock, Christ did not remove Peters sinful nature or impulses.

If you wanna talk about lying, lets talk about you.

Our belief in the Papacy is not because we read Matthew 16: 18. Its because this was the tradition started by Jesus Christ.
You guys later undid this by manipulating Jesus Christ's own words as recorded by Matthew.
Clay

United States

#425617 Mar 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please cite the chapter and verse and translation of that direct quote you just attributed to Jesus.
Huh?
Free Mind

Wesley Chapel, FL

#425618 Mar 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>of course i'm a fan of his,he made great strides in science despite being handcuffed by the christian/pagan church,who tried desperately to retard the search for truth threw science. i for one am very greatful for science,because of modern technology in the field of scientific medicine,i'm still here 1.5 yrs and counting longer than i should be.
10-4 on that. Glad you are still with us.

I sense you have nothing to fear in death. You certainly express none. I also leave to mysticism and good luck charms to others.

Nothing wrong with constructive faith. But when it is based on exclusionary ideals, then it leaves the idea of a rational, all-knowing creator in the dirt.

Heck, I taught my children not to be jealous, angry, and vengeful.

No god worthy of my devotion is driven by such weak human emotions.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 1 hr Chimney1 268
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 13 hr par five 84,327
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web