Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690454 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#425641 Mar 4, 2013
******EXTRA EXTRA - READ ALL ABOUT IT*******

we have been freed from the tyranny of the roman empire economically, politically and spiritually so that we do not have to subject ourselves to its corruption and bondage anymore!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#425642 Mar 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are "nothing more" than the same old "Protestant bible only" distortion of the TRUE interpretation of the bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History. The fact is that the Greek word for Church is "eclesia" which refers to the "visible, hierarchical, authoritative Church,(NOT) and invisible, ethereal body of believers, loosely connected by faith in the bible alone. This is "all confirmed" in Acts 2 where Paul refers to an "authoritative Church with bishops, elders, priests and deacons. In Pauls letters to the Churches that followed Jesus Christs first Church at Antioch (again Acts 2) EVERY ONE OF THOSE CHURCHES (Corinth, Ephesus, Philippi, Colossus, Thessalonica and on and on were all headed by the Apostles (as Bishops) in the Churches. Furthermore---the Church came first--then the Bible(over 350 years after the Jesus Christs first Church at Antioch which was (One-Universal-Catholic)Church ....... That is why in I Tim 3:15 Paul calls the Church (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. It was the Catholic Church that translated the original copies of the letters, documents, parchments and manuscripts from the Apostles, handed down by Jesus Christ HIMSELF in the 1st century. and throughout the Middle Ages. It was the Catholic Church that made the Scriptures available in the vernacular, so that all could read them. Study TRUE and AUTHENTICATED Church History. There was no other Church around. Take a look at all the writings, quotes and informational documents from the Early Church Fathers, who translated the manuscripts from the Apostles. The fact is that THE CHURCH CAME FIRST---THEN THE BIBLE (some 350+ years after) The bible wasn't even compiled until 382 ad and Guetenberg didn't even invent the printing press until 1440. I you are "that gullible or even that ignorant) to think that the bible is the only source of truth and the only way of Salvation what about all of the Christians that didn't even have a bible for the first 1500 years of the Church. Jesus Christ established an authority on earth (Matthew 16) to preserve HIS revelation and decide the Bible Canon. The authority is, has and will CONTINUE to be with Jesus Christ, in and through His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church (the bride of Christ).....The fact is that you (bibloe only)"fundies" have become "experts" at (attempting) to re-write, spin and distort the TRUTH of TRUE Church History AS WELL AS interpreting (or better yet--MIS-interpretating Sacred Scripture!(all to your own demise and destruction)
The Word of God is the first and the last...no words of dead "saints" or "infallible" popes add to, subtract from, or alter His Truth.

I cannot, and would not if I could, make you believe the truth...bring fans....

Horse apples!!!!
From Scripture:
Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
You first change a common noun "church" into a proper noun "Church"...so, you are guilty of changing Scripture to support your erroneous teaching.
The Greek word for church is "ekklesia" and is defined as:a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

The word "church" does not define any Christian denominations...
Quote: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#425643 Mar 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
WHAT DO YOU ROMAN Catholics DO WITH THIS SCRIPTURE
WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR FABLES ABOUT PETER...
CLAIMING HE IS THE ROCK ON WHICH THE CHURCH WAS BUILT ...
HERE PETER SAYS DIFFERENTLY
HE WROTE...
1Pe 2:1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 --> Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture,
Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, <---
WHY DO YOU WILLFULLY STUMBLE AT GOD'S WORD?
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
Why don't you quit playing "bible verse roulette" and go back to the TRUE SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS of Jesus Christ Himself in Matthew 16:13-21. We, as Catholics (ALL KNOW that you WON'T and CAN'T) do that because--if you did---your entire "bible only pyramid" which is "constantly tilting and ready to fall at any moment" will (TOTALLY COLLAPSE)---once you have to accept over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible from the Early Church Fathers in 382, 393, and 397 AD---who gave you the bible that you (are forever) distorting, spinning and personally editorializing the meaning of Sacred Scripture!!! There is "not one" Apologistic Historian author and writer (both Catholic and Protestant) that would agree with your "bible only editorial interpretations!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425644 Mar 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit gave us the books.
To whom did He hand them and when?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#425645 Mar 4, 2013
Quote:
WHY DO YOU WILLFULLY STUMBLE AT GOD'S WORD?
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
Quote:

It says why right in the text, they were appointed to be disobedient, boy they better repent.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425646 Mar 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Read your other post,cancer is the most dreaded disease plagueing the whole world,perhaps this country more than most.
You picked the right mental and physical practices from the MArts as they teach you to focus don't they?
It is hard to argue a person's approach to believing in Christ.How can I say that my way is the best approach<I am no pinacle of Christian truth.
If you learned ways to meditate that would seem foreign to me,I have no right to diminish your experience.I basically reject the end result of what many practitioners of Spiritualism end up with. So many reject the only authority of the Man Christ Jesus,and buy into the lie that Jesus did not suffer for our sins.Some New Agers reject the Deity of Christ.
YES I am limited in doctrine to the New and everlasting Covenant,that which is the foundation for my relationship in H I M.
You see there is a limit to our understanding as a whole,and someday we will see in fullness,that which right now is in P A R T.
No doubt there are things you believe that are really true,but we can only gauge truth through the Word.That is why especially in the Evangelical communities,reading the Bible is sufficient,there is more than enough truth to last us our own life time.
Thank you Pad for posting an honest statement.

You've touched on so many aspects of what I've said in the past, and it all begins with honesty.

Self is an amazing aspect of our lives.

I appreciate it.

Thanks!

Albuquerque, NM

#425647 Mar 4, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Again you are ignorant Christ teaching are founf in the Old and New Testaments both not just to the books you refer to like Thomas etc.
The Church in the wilderness at Mt. Sinai, Christ tells us it was HE the Great I Am the one who was from the beginning the Alpha and Omega.
You've listened to too many preachers not giving you the complete picture of Jesus.

Of course you will say all this, because you've accepted what men have given you to believe.

Maybe now and instead you should be listening to Jesus.

Albuquerque, NM

#425648 Mar 4, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Luke was a scribe of Pauls and traveled with Paul after his conversion. You are an Idiot !!!
I understand your dilemma. You just can't fathom 1st Apostle teachings over 3rd generation disciple's teachings.

Believe as you wish.

It doesn't mean you will achieve the salvation you think exists after that following.

Albuquerque, NM

#425649 Mar 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That scripture absolutely contradicts what you said Friday about Paul and Jesus! And you said in that very post that I needed to go back to Sunday school. Would you like me to re-post the whole conversation?
Now Luke is not valid? Acts?
What is valid?
.....besides Thomas????!
smh
Okay - repost away.

And please add how my correction to your statement about Acts 9:5 is contradictory from last Friday.

You sure do like to try and wiggle your way out using diversionary tactics.

Like I said, your honesty is horrendous. And you call yourself a so-called "Christian".

You should be ashamed.

Albuquerque, NM

#425650 Mar 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That scripture absolutely contradicts what you said Friday about Paul and Jesus! And you said in that very post that I needed to go back to Sunday school. Would you like me to re-post the whole conversation?
What is valid?
.....besides Thomas????!
smh
BTW - it sounds like the dismay is beginning to set in.

Don't worry - the astonishment will be arriving soon - as long as you let it.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Albuquerque, NM

#425651 Mar 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
What is valid?
.....besides Thomas????!
smh
In the least you are asking questions, so you should be excited in this regard - to learn what you have not.

You ask what is valid? You should be asking, what is valid for my "heart and mind", and not just define yourself from texts defined by others.

Jesus wants you to know your heart. Have you?

Have you examined yourself spiritually from within?

Have you noted the demons that you have, but are not seen by others?

Can you truly be honest with others?

"to know yourself is to know the kindgom of God." - Jesus
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#425652 Mar 4, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why there are divisions in Christianity - we read the bible and reject what is written.

This is why Paul said:
"Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)
"For if he that comes preaches another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if you receive another spirit, which you have not received, or another gospel, which you have not accepted, you might well bear with him." (2 Cor.11:4)
"And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." (Mt.24:4)
That is your 'vicar of christ'-- another jesus.
Paul ALSO said in I Timothy 3:15 that "the Church (not the bible only) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH"
The same visible Church and Churches that he writes to, in his letters to at Corinth, Ephesus, Thessalonica, Collosus, Phillipi, Galatia, ect. The same visible Church that is mentioned over 30 times in the New Testament! The same authoritative Church that Jesus Christs HIMSELF appointed His apostles to authoritatively lead HIS first Church at Antioch! The same authoritative, heiracrchical, visible Church that Paul refers to in Acts 2 with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons. Yes!! The same Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF--initiated, formed and established in Matthew 16:13-21 where Jesus appointed Peter as HIS earthly representative--to lead HIS Church, until HE returned again the second time!! AND Yes! It is the same One True Apostolic Catholic Church that is historically PROVEN to be TRUE for over 2000 years---AND (again) Yes!! "The Bride of Christ"!!!!
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#425653 Mar 4, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
To whom did He hand them and when?
To all of the followers of Christ. Not to a denomination. No person or group of people have special status. God is no respecter of persons (any persons). The scriptures are for ALL who are called according to His purpose. To all who love Him.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#425654 Mar 4, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
With your thinking, Christ gave authority to Peter, who was sinful and that would also mean that Christ's church here on earth is flawed.
Why would Christ give authority to a man knowing it would be flawed? Only makes sense to a cult memeber.
His authority isn't flawed. What makes you say that? Because Peter was a sinner just like everybody? Peter, although a sinner, taught the truth without error.

Wouldn't you say the Apostles ( although sinners) taught without error?
I would hope you wouldn't skirt around this truth.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#425655 Mar 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
I love pope Benedikt XVI. I love him and I respect him. We call him the holy father.Itīs not time to have a african or lation or asian pope. Timothy Dolan would be a good choice for the empty chair of Peter.
Adam with all do respect, it would be better if the vatican was no more.
The earthly priesthood was done away with , and we got down to the truth and worship God alone.
Jesus is our (MOST HIGH PRIESTS,0 ALL WE WHO BELIEVE IN HIM AND ARE BORNAGAIN, BELONG TO A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD AS ADOPTED SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF THE MOST HIGH GOD.
THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT FROM GOD, JESUS' CHURCH IS PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW "THE WAY" JESUS BEING THE WAY.
ITS NOT A DENOMINATION OR RELIGIOUS SECT, WHICH IS BUILT BY MAN.
THE TRUE CHURCH OF CHRIST IS NOT BUILT BY MANS HANDS BUT BY THE SPIRIT OF ALMIGHTY GOD.
JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY, THE ONLY HIGH PRIEST, THE ONLY SAVIOR.
GET YOUR EYES OFF OF MANS ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND PUT THEM UPON JESUS.
THE CATHOLIC'S HIGH PRIEST QUIT; Pope Benedict XVI quit his post I am sure we will find out the truth about why very soon.
Right now there are many stories going around.
I pray its because he had a change of heart, I pray he isn't sick and if so God will help him.
Jesus died for all sinners even him.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#425656 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter means Rock.
Jesus to Peter "you are a rock. And upon this rock I will build my original Church!
He didn't say, "Simon, the faith you have is a rock, And upon this faith I will build my Church"
He said, "YOU Peter." Not 'Your faith, Simon'
He literally called Peter a rock.
Thought you guys were word for word Bible literalist. Sola scripturalist.
No, Clay, that is NOT what He said. What He did say is,'Thou art PETRA and on PETROS I will build My church.' This is what the very 'word of God' says. Perhaps you should study more and argue less. Now will you admit you are in error? Probably not, but we will see.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#425657 Mar 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
His authority isn't flawed. What makes you say that? Because Peter was a sinner just like everybody? Peter, although a sinner, taught the truth without error.
Wouldn't you say the Apostles ( although sinners) taught without error?
I would hope you wouldn't skirt around this truth.
Why would I say that???

If Peter is a sinner and he has the authority to Christ's church here on earth, how is the church itself not flawed?

Why does it makes sense to you that Christ would give authority to a sinner to run His church here on earth?
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#425658 Mar 4, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>To all of the followers of Christ. Not to a denomination. No person or group of people have special status. God is no respecter of persons (any persons). The scriptures are for ALL who are called according to His purpose. To all who love Him.
Where do the scriptures say that??

Did Jesus give you the authority to bind on Earth and loose on Earth? No. He gave Peter the keys. Not you.

Did Peter - upon receiving this authority - print a bunch of letters and epistles and hand them out to the 4gvns of the world? No.
He ordained as Bishops, Linus, Clement and appointed Johns Disciple -Ignatius of Antioch - as Bishop of Antioch.
Heres what Ignatius said with authority (but not authority to go against the Bishop of Rome) listen:

"wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be. As wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give Communion without the consent of the Bishop. Therefore whatever has his approval will be pleasing to God. Thus will be safe and valid"

Thus will be safe and valid. 4gvn. This is what Jesus Christ started. This is what eventually gave you a Bible to beat them over the head with!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#425659 Mar 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>

..so, you are guilty of changing Scripture to support your erroneous teaching.
The Greek word for church is "ekklesia" and is defined as:a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
The word "church" does not define any Christian denominations...
Change Scripture!! and distort and manipulate TRUE Church History???(EXACTLY)--by YOU bible only (editorializing fundies)--to make the bible mean "only what YOU want it to mean!!!
Jesus established ONE TRUE CHURCH-(it was Universal)AND (it was Catholic) that was heirachical and authoritative and visible (Acts 2) with bishops, priests, elders and deacons beginning with the first Church in Antioch
READ IT AGAIN---IT IS 2000 years of TRUE, AUTHENTICATED, PROVEN CHURCH HISTORY---not your "editoricalizing personal opinionated" hodge-podge of "self-interpreted (made-up) Church History, that you "fundies" are so famous for:
Your comments are "nothing more" than the same old "Protestant bible only" distortion of the TRUE interpretation of the bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History. The fact is that the Greek word for Church is "eclesia" which refers to the "visible, hierarchical, authoritative Church,(NOT) and invisible, ethereal body of believers, loosely connected by faith in the bible alone. This is "all confirmed" in Acts 2 where Paul refers to an "authoritative Church with bishops, elders, priests and deacons. In Pauls letters to the Churches that followed Jesus Christs first Church at Antioch (again Acts 2) EVERY ONE OF THOSE CHURCHES (Corinth, Ephesus, Philippi, Colossus, Thessalonica and on and on were all headed by the Apostles (as Bishops) in the Churches. Furthermore---the Church came first--then the Bible(over 350 years after the Jesus Christs first Church at Antioch which was (One-Universal-Catholic)Church ....... That is why in I Tim 3:15 Paul calls the Church (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. It was the Catholic Church that translated the original copies of the letters, documents, parchments and manuscripts from the Apostles, handed down by Jesus Christ HIMSELF in the 1st century. and throughout the Middle Ages. It was the Catholic Church that made the Scriptures available in the vernacular, so that all could read them. Study TRUE and AUTHENTICATED Church History. There was no other Church around. Take a look at all the writings, quotes and informational documents from the Early Church Fathers, who translated the manuscripts from the Apostles. The fact is that THE CHURCH CAME FIRST---THEN THE BIBLE (some 350+ years after) The bible wasn't even compiled until 382 ad and Guetenberg didn't even invent the printing press until 1440. I you are "that gullible or even that ignorant) to think that the bible is the only source of truth and the only way of Salvation what about all of the Christians that didn't even have a bible for the first 1500 years of the Church. Jesus Christ established an authority on earth (Matthew 16) to preserve HIS revelation and decide the Bible Canon. The authority is, has and will CONTINUE to be with Jesus Christ, in and through His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church (the bride of Christ).....The fact is that you (bibloe only)"fundies" have become "experts" at (attempting) to re-write, spin and distort the TRUTH of TRUE Church History AS WELL AS interpreting (or better yet--MIS-interpretating Sacred Scripture!(all to your own demise and destruction)

Clay

Lawrence, MA

#425660 Mar 4, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>No, Clay, that is NOT what He said. What He did say is,'Thou art PETRA and on PETROS I will build My church.' This is what the very 'word of God' says. Perhaps you should study more and argue less. Now will you admit you are in error? Probably not, but we will see.
Did He call Peter a rock or not?

Did He say upon this rock or not?

Did He give Peter the keys or not?

Did He give Peter the authority that Heaven itself will recognize or not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Married in 10,657
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web