Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637966 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#425528 Mar 3, 2013
Have a blessed 3rd Sunday of Lent!
Today's Mass readings..
First Reading

Ex 3:1-8a, 13-15

Moses was tending the flock of his father-in-law Jethro,
the priest of Midian.
Leading the flock across the desert, he came to Horeb,
the mountain of God.
There an angel of the LORD appeared to Moses in fire
flaming out of a bush.
As he looked on, he was surprised to see that the bush,
though on fire, was not consumed.
So Moses decided,
“I must go over to look at this remarkable sight,
and see why the bush is not burned.”

When the LORD saw him coming over to look at it more closely,
God called out to him from the bush, AMoses! Moses!”
He answered,“Here I am.”
God said,“Come no nearer!
Remove the sandals from your feet,
for the place where you stand is holy ground.
I am the God of your fathers,” he continued,
“the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob.”
Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.
But the LORD said,
“I have witnessed the affliction of my people in Egypt
and have heard their cry of complaint against their slave drivers,
so I know well what they are suffering.
Therefore I have come down to rescue them
from the hands of the Egyptians
and lead them out of that land into a good and spacious land,
a land flowing with milk and honey.”

Moses said to God,“But when I go to the Israelites
and say to them,‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’
if they ask me,‘What is his name?’ what am I to tell them?”
God replied,“I am who am.”
Then he added,“This is what you shall tell the Israelites:
I AM sent me to you.”

God spoke further to Moses,“Thus shall you say to the Israelites:
The LORD, the God of your fathers,
the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob,
has sent me to you.

“This is my name forever;
thus am I to be remembered through all generations.”
Responsorial Psalm

Ps 103: 1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8, 11

R.(8a) The Lord is kind and merciful.
Bless the LORD, O my soul;
and all my being, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits.
R. The Lord is kind and merciful.
He pardons all your iniquities,
heals all your ills,
He redeems your life from destruction,
crowns you with kindness and compassion.
The LORD secures justice
and the rights of all the oppressed.
He has made known his ways to Moses,
and his deeds to the children of Israel.
Merciful and gracious is the LORD,
slow to anger and abounding in kindness.
For as the heavens are high above the earth,
so surpassing is his kindness toward those who fear him.
Second Reading

1 Cor 10:1-6, 10-12

I do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters,
that our ancestors were all under the cloud
and all passed through the sea,
and all of them were baptized into Moses
in the cloud and in the sea.
All ate the same spiritual food,
and all drank the same spiritual drink,
for they drank from a spiritual rock that followed them,
and the rock was the Christ.
Yet God was not pleased with most of them,
for they were struck down in the desert.

These things happened as examples for us,
so that we might not desire evil things, as they did.
Do not grumble as some of them did,
and suffered death by the destroyer.
These things happened to them as an example,
and they have been written down as a warning to us,
upon whom the end of the ages has come.
Therefore, whoever thinks he is standing secure
should take care not to fall.

Continue...

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#425529 Mar 3, 2013
continued...
3rd Sunday of Lent

THE HOLY GOSPEL ACCORDING TO LUKE.

Gospel

Lk 13:1-9

Some people told Jesus about the Galileans
whose blood Pilate had mingled with the blood of their sacrifices.
Jesus said to them in reply,
“Do you think that because these Galileans suffered in this way
they were greater sinners than all other Galileans?
By no means!
But I tell you, if you do not repent,
you will all perish as they did!
Or those eighteen people who were killed
when the tower at Siloam fell on them–
do you think they were more guilty
than everyone else who lived in Jerusalem?
By no means!
But I tell you, if you do not repent,
you will all perish as they did!”

And he told them this parable:
“There once was a person who had a fig tree planted in his orchard,
and when he came in search of fruit on it but found none,
he said to the gardener,
‘For three years now I have come in search of fruit on this fig tree
but have found none.
So cut it down.
Why should it exhaust the soil?’
He said to him in reply,
‘Sir, leave it for this year also,
and I shall cultivate the ground around it and fertilize it;
it may bear fruit in the future.
If not you can cut it down.’”

The people say " PRAISE TO YOU LORD JESUS CHRIST"

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425530 Mar 3, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard of the road to Damascus?
Acts 9:5 - Jesus said.....
Maybe your not an idiot, maybe it is just ignorance.
Context is important if you expect to understand "Luke" a third generation disciple.

Please notice that "Luke" is writing approximately 50 to 100 years after the events occurred - which more than likely were oral traditions passed down from person to person. Luke, writing about "Paul" (alone on the road), about seeing a vision of Jesus.

You are starting to sound like you are an expert at the "Telephone Game" i used to play in elementary school.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Acts 9:1-5
1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#425531 Mar 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
confrint you must stop 'confrinting'!!!
Envy will get you nowhere...
"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.
Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)
Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.
Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.
The Catholic Church has existed for over 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.
Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with a billion members: one sixth of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders,
but to the protection of the Holy Spirit."
Longevity WITH FABLES LIES AND CONJECTURE OF ROME = ETERNAL DAMNATION

LONGEVITY WITH TRUTH, ACCURACY, THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST = ETERNAL LIFE WITH GOD IN HEAVEN.

JESUS SAID...

Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

The ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ...ATTEMPTS TO BIND THE SOULS OF MAN TO THEMSELVES...

THE GRACE OF GOD IS NOT UNDER THE CONTROL ...NOR CAN IT BE MANIPULATED

BY CORRUPTIBLE MAN...

Albuquerque, NM

#425532 Mar 3, 2013
TaoEarp wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, don't get me started. Do you watch the new Sherlock show, Elementary? I think it's very good. Not as dramatic, but the actor is really good.
Sorry, I haven't.

:o)
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#425533 Mar 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you are truly a wise man
Thank you Jethro.

It's good to know that Galileo has another friend here.

Albuquerque, NM

#425534 Mar 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep he got athletic tongue from somewhere...must have come from his foot.

Ribbing me? Cheerful today, are you?

It's alright, if you think this will help - let it out....

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

#425535 Mar 3, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because I share with you these things,does not mean however that I believe or promote New Age thinking.However I do admire the fact that you are a Martial Artist,no I am not,never had time for it.But I believe it is one of the greatest contributions to the building of character in the human race.
Thanks for responding Pad and thanks for the compliment.

It has made a dramatic difference in my life, especially when challenged with, and beating cancer.

Self is assure when we fight to live and learn about life. We all should be proactive in this, to welcome our "next life" and the journey it appears to bring us.

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

#425536 Mar 3, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>"We will find salvation after death, as long as we understand that our lives here on this plane of existence is categorized through love and peace-all actions of Self and the mind."
If you can take this statement of yours,and apply it to the Gospel account of the Sufferings of Christ,His c r u c i f i x i o n, AND His Resurrection,I will consider New Age philosophy.
That is because you limit Jesus' teachings to just the NT.

*shrugs*

Again, believe as you will. Believe in the men who taught you what to believe. Or believe what is in your Self and being.

That is where you will find the peace and the serenity you seek that will become the outwardly experience that you express is "required". And you won't find it in any words.
Free Mind

Tampa, FL

#425537 Mar 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Im surprised you'd find a way to disagree with the factual reality that Christians were slaughtered by the thousands during the Roman Empire. Almost every Pope was martyrd too.
I'm just curious...what kinda evidence would satisfy the mind that's free?
Also, links are irrelevant if I'm posting from my own personal memory- which is often what I do.
We're all on a computer here. If you wanna check something, Google it. You don't even need to leave the page your on. Just go to a new window and you can be on Wikipedia in seconds. Google Diocletianic Persecution.
Heck, I gave you the date it started...Google that! February 24th 303 AD.
I even gave you the names of the 4 emperors of the Roman Empire who conducted it. Dioacltian, Maximian, Galareus and Constantius.
What more do you want from me?
Slow down Clay. Read my post before replying.

The only thing I denied outright is the lion thing. "Thousands of Xians" were not feed to lions. Not even "hundreds."

You slander lions. It mocks your own church's history.

Clay, you don't need to exaggerate with children's fables to defend your faith.

Albuquerque, NM

#425538 Mar 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don’t do the 2 step, zumba is my dance!!
They voted, much like today.
The wisdom will come from the Apostles.
“After the Holy Apostles (Peter and Paul) had founded and set the Church in order (in Rome) they gave over the exercise of the episcopal office to Linus. The same Linus is mentioned by St. Paul in his Epistle to Timothy. His successor was Anacletus”
Among the apostles there were two groups. The first consisted of the Twelve, who witnessed the whole of Christ's earthly ministry from his baptism to his Ascension (Acts 1:21-26). The second group of apostles, including Paul and Barnabas (Acts 14:14), was not bound by this condition. Thus Paul had seen and been commissioned as an apostle by the risen Christ (1 Cor. 9:1, Gal. 1:1), though he had not been a disciple of Jesus during his earthly ministry (Acts 9, 1 Cor. 15:8).“
---by Jimmy Akins
http://jimmyakin.com/library
Acts 2:42 reports
that the people "devoted themselves to the teaching of the Apostles" and in
Acts 5:13: "No one of the rest dared to join himself to them [the Apostles]
but the people magnified them." So all did understand from the start that
it was the Apostles, and they alone who had the commission from Christ to
teach. St. Paul constantly teaches with authority. Pope St. Clement I, in
an Epistle to Corinth c. 95 AD, intervened with authority. He said: "Our
Apostles knew through our Lord Jesus Christ that there would be strife over
the name of Bishop. As a result, having received full foreknowledge, they
appointed those we have mentioned, and meanwhile added a provision that if
these would fall asleep [die] other approved men should receive their
ministry."
Acts 1, tells us that the FIRST ECUMENICAL COUNCILS was held to replace Judas.
For it is written in the Book of Psalms:'Let his encampment become desolate, and may no one dwell in it.' And:'May ANOTHER TAKE HIS OFFICE.'
Therefore, it is necessary that one of the men who accompanied us the whole time the Lord Jesus came and went among us,
beginning from the baptism of John until the day on which he was taken up from us, become with us a witness to his resurrection."
So they PROPOSED TWO, Joseph called Barsabbas, who was also known as Justus, and Matthias.
Then they prayed, "You, Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which one of THESE TWO YOU HAVE CHOSEN
TO TAKE THE PLACE IN THIS APOSTOLIC MINISTRY from which Judas turned away to go to his own place."
8 Then they gave lots to them, and the lot fell upon Matthias, and he was counted with the eleven apostles
Thanks for asking!
Question for you.….
Do you use crystals? Is a crystal your god?
Third generation disciples is first hand info. Context is not your strong suit.

Do I use crystals for what?

No, a crystal is not my god. Why do you ask?

Albuquerque, NM

#425539 Mar 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL OF YOU (fundies) Confrinting, 4GVN, NEW AGE, Jethro8, LTM, PAD Justachristian , and every other anti-catholic on this forum always give their own (LITERAL SENSE) "personal opinion" as to what each one "think" each bible verse means. The FACT is that individual (LITERAL SENSE) "Bible Only" interpretation of Sacred Scripture is like reading the "editorial section" of your local newspaper. "Everybody" has an opinion!! "Everyone" has a (personal view or judgment! "Everybody's opinion" is the (according to them) is the truth! As in "every" case of Protestant "bible LITERAL interpretation"--- there is an ongoing (ever-growing)number of over 42,000 conflicting, contradicting and inconsistent "editorial opinions" ALL CLAIMING TO HAVE THE TRUTH!--The fact is that NONE OF THEM even possess--HALF OF THE TRUTH . All a person has to do is to look at the Protestant "bible only" LITERAL SENSE(self)-interpretations of Scripture to see the (hodge=podge) "contradicting (mess) of bible (LITERAL SENSE) mis-interpretation that have (bought into} "secular humanism" which has caused a "cancerous immoral degredation" of (an even greater) Protestant (split) within the Christian community! i.e abortion, homosexuality, euthenasia, woman ministers, gay marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, homosexual ministers, and on and on, whichever way the "political wind" happens to blow next!!---The fact is that there has, is and will continue to be (as it has for over 2000 years, ONLY ONE TRUTH,(not 42,000 contradiction LITERAL (relative truths)--and that TRUTH is in the TRUE biblical intrepretation and TRUE historical teachings, doctrine and precepts of Jesus Christ, manifested (in and through) Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church in the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH and in the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH!! God is not the author of your bible only "relative (literal truth" of confusion and chaos.
*eerie music is heard in the distance and getting louder*

bum-bum-bummmmmm.....bum-bum-b ummmmm

Location hidden

#425540 Mar 3, 2013
524 510 048
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, double DUH!! Again.
<quoted text>
LoL, double DUH, again!!
That's not my quote, it's from …...
Blessed John Henry Newman, Cardinal (1801-1890) was a convert to Catholicism from the Church of England, and one of the great minds of the 19th century. As a Roman Catholic priest he became one of the greatest Catholic apologists in the history of the Church. He was a prolific writer and persuasive preacher. Cardinal Newman was beatified by His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI on September 19, 2010 in Birmingham, England.
Thanks anyway!
When you tell a lie, at least have some assurance it cannot be proven so...

See your post ending in "510"...

Location hidden

#425541 Mar 3, 2013
Reading Scripture...continued..from post 425435....

Those who mistakenly believe the Word of God is fallible will answer "Sure it makes sense!!! It proves what I have been saying...the Bible is fallible...Christ would never teach us to abandon our families and properties to inherit everlasting life!!!!"

Then there are those that know the Bible is infallible, and will insist that those were the exact words of Christ, that He was speaking in the literal sense..that He meant for us to leave...abandon.....our families and properties to inherit everlasting life.

Their reasoning is that the Bible is written in English and the English dictionary says "forsake" means to leave..to abandon....but....they have not done so....cannot do so...and know of no one whom has ever done so!!!!!!

So, they see a problem with Scripture in the infallible Sacred Word of God, but have no idea how to resolve it!!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#425542 Mar 3, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow down Clay. Read my post before replying.
The only thing I denied outright is the lion thing. "Thousands of Xians" were not feed to lions. Not even "hundreds."
You slander lions. It mocks your own church's history.
Clay, you don't need to exaggerate with children's fables to defend your faith.
Goodness Free. The point was that thousands of Christians were slaughtered. Not the method.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#425543 Mar 3, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Those aeven kings and the 8th being Popes is something HoJo claimes so I assumed it is of Catholic origin and fell over into the protestant church'e keeping her traditions. You guys have also took the 70th week of Daniel and tried applying it to the end times as well.
I think the 7 kings where kingdoms already been established and the seventh was Rome and the 8th being of the seven is the RCC being Secualr and religious in power and the governments of this world is structured after myself.
Nah the 8th secret hidden prophecy is the single on Metallica's 2nd studio Album, "The Four Horsemen". Listen to the words and you can decipher what if Apostle John was actually seeing.. Lol
I'm joking of course.

"the four horsemen are drawing nearer, on the leather steeds they ride..."
Lol
Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#425544 Mar 3, 2013
We know what he did to Sodom And Gomorrah. Compare those places to this united states and the sin committed here.And no you will not be spared because you are A Christian Or A catholick.we will all suffer NO Rapture that is A fairy tail.

We have destroyed our self's by our sin.
By not keeping the laws of love and peace.

And the world will mourn for her because they all drank of the wine of her fornication.The united states Will be destroyed.But suffering is what we have brought upon our self's.By not keeping the laws.

See folks I'm Not going to white wash the truth like every preacher in this world you get the truth from me. Even if you can not accept it I did my job by telling you.
To me each and everyone of you have slapped the creator in the face By your god worship. It is A fact that Yahweh Is not A good It say's so in every dictionary every concordance but yet you read but can not comprehend. It must be unless you are called And chosen you will not understand this. The sabbath the feast day how they were done away with for pagan holidays.And the laws..

Ha Ha here is A good one How About you will cause them to forget my name and the world has.I have ask People have you ever heard of Yahweh most have not but those you have say Yahweh god.....Nope sorry.......

Yahweh is not a god.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#425545 Mar 3, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>I imagine when Christ told his apostles as my father sent me I send you John would have been right at 30.
Strange how every time you catholics post a link it never works. Yes there is a way to get around your faulty link but why bother.
I apologize for my link error. Its my phone. But it clearly was the correct link.. Sorta. Two quick clicks and you're on the Wikipedia page anyway.

Its believed the John the Apostles was born around 6 AD.
Its believed Jesus died around 33 AD.

If that is true, then John was 27 yrs old when Christ entrusted Mary to Him.
If John walked with Jesus for a couple yrs like many also believed. He would have been about 24 or 25.

I wish more of Johns writings would have survived because I'm sure there would have been some great accounts of the life of Mary - who he took care of until her assumption into Heaven..

"I saw a woman clothed with the Sun" is about as close as we can get for now.

I know I know, you guys say the Woman is Israel.

I recommend a great book and even better audio called "The Lambs Supper" by Dr. Scott Hahn. You devotees of the Book of Revelation will enjoy it.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#425546 Mar 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you limit Jesus' teachings to just the NT.
*shrugs*
Again, believe as you will. Believe in the men who taught you what to believe. Or believe what is in your Self and being.
That is where you will find the peace and the serenity you seek that will become the outwardly experience that you express is "required". And you won't find it in any words.
Read your other post,cancer is the most dreaded disease plagueing the whole world,perhaps this country more than most.

You picked the right mental and physical practices from the MArts as they teach you to focus don't they?

It is hard to argue a person's approach to believing in Christ.How can I say that my way is the best approach<I am no pinacle of Christian truth.

If you learned ways to meditate that would seem foreign to me,I have no right to diminish your experience.I basically reject the end result of what many practitioners of Spiritualism end up with. So many reject the only authority of the Man Christ Jesus,and buy into the lie that Jesus did not suffer for our sins.Some New Agers reject the Deity of Christ.

YES I am limited in doctrine to the New and everlasting Covenant,that which is the foundation for my relationship in H I M.

You see there is a limit to our understanding as a whole,and someday we will see in fullness,that which right now is in P A R T.

No doubt there are things you believe that are really true,but we can only gauge truth through the Word.That is why especially in the Evangelical communities,reading the Bible is sufficient,there is more than enough truth to last us our own life time.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#425547 Mar 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Context is important if you expect to understand "Luke" a third generation disciple.
Please notice that "Luke" is writing approximately 50 to 100 years after the events occurred - which more than likely were oral traditions passed down from person to person. Luke, writing about "Paul" (alone on the road), about seeing a vision of Jesus.
You are starting to sound like you are an expert at the "Telephone Game" i used to play in elementary school.
Move past the words and understand their meanings.
Acts 9:1-5
1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
Luke was a scribe of Pauls and traveled with Paul after his conversion. You are an Idiot !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Married in 10,085
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) May 2 nanoanomaly 1,965
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web