Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,917
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425252 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL-
When is the "Self" not in the subset of "fallible men"?
Self is present in all men - fallible or otherwise.

Why do you ask? There must be more to your question than what you posted here.

Don't be shy, post your thoughts.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#425253 Mar 1, 2013
216 047
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny that He was to be taken literally; that He is not telling us to partake of His body and blood.
You can pick any term for "not literally" than any of your uncited web sources use.
Why are you not answering my question!!! Quote: Have I declared Chapter 6 of John to be metaphorical?????

I can help you with a clue to the answer. It has to do with your foot and your mouth....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425254 Mar 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
212 065 044
<quoted text>
Nice try...but no cigar...
plagiarize: To use and pass off (the ideas or writings of another) as one's own.
I did not pass it off as my own idea...I showed you the source of my post.....a Catholic....the only one I have found that faces the truth...
You
You still have failed to cite anything.

Telling me who's ideas you've passed off as your own isn't a citation. Cite the source, please.

Location hidden

#425255 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian faith until the Reformation taught that the Eucharist was the body and blood of Jesus.
You missed the target by a mile...it was the Catholic cult...and they are still at it today....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425256 Mar 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self is present in all men - fallible or otherwise.
Why do you ask? There must be more to your question than what you posted here.
Don't be shy, post your thoughts.
You used "fallible men" as an admonition to hojo. Why, I don't know, as I didn't read hojo telling anyone that anyone was infallible (in the strict sense).

Is your "self" mantra a reminder to all of us of our fallibility, or are your telling us that "self", ultimately, is the arbiter of what is and isn't "truth"?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#425257 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I received Christ at Baptism. He said I would, and I did.
We're good here.
Now, why don't you accept Christ's teachings about the Eucharist?
~~~

I take communion as taught/presented in the Bible.

I do not cannibalize the body of Jesus...

I take bread and fruit of the vine as Jesus served His Apostles in the upper Room.

Since they were not vampires...I am not either...I don't need blood
to drink from any one's body. to survive physically or Spiritually.

Geneva Bible Commentary DATED 1599

1 Corinthians 11:23
(18) For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the [same] night in which he was betrayed took bread:

(18) We must take a true form of keeping the Lord's supper, out of the institution of it, the parts of which are these:

touching the pastors, to show forth the Lord's death by preaching his word,

to bless the bread and the wine by calling upon the name of God,

and together with prayers to declare the institution of it,

and finally to deliver the bread broken to be eaten,

and the cup received to be drunk with thanksgiving. And

touching the flock, that every man examine himself, that is to say, to prove both his knowledge, and

also faith, and repentance: to show forth the Lord's death, that is, in true faith to yield to his word and institution: and

last of all, to take the bread from the minister's hand, and

to eat it and

to drink the wine, and give God thanks.

This was Paul's and the apostles' manner of ministering....

The communion of Saints

Albuquerque, NM

#425258 Mar 1, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Honest? I'm not the one asking loaded questions over and over.
You keep exclaiming that they are, yet haven't shown me that they are.

Which is because you haven't an answer to them - THROUGH HONESTY - otherwise you would've answered them and we can continue with the discussion.

But oh no, you continue to play the dumb card, avoiding the questions that make or break your belief.

Now you should understand this by now, as I've repeated it to you multiple times.

Are you really this ignorant to your belief?
--OR--

Just afraid to face the falseness of your religion - openly and through honesty?

Which is it?

Location hidden

#425259 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I received Christ at Baptism. He said I would, and I did.
We're good here.
Now, why don't you accept Christ's teachings about the Eucharist?
How old were you when you received Christ at baptism?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425260 Mar 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
216 047
<quoted text>
Why are you not answering my question!!! Quote: Have I declared Chapter 6 of John to be metaphorical?????
I can help you with a clue to the answer. It has to do with your foot and your mouth....
If you don't believe that Christ is present in the Eucharist, then you regard His teaching on the matter in John 6 to be Him speaking in metaphor.

Can't be much clearer.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425261 Mar 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the target by a mile...it was the Catholic cult...and they are still at it today....
You're incorrect.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425262 Mar 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I take communion as taught/presented in the Bible.
I do not cannibalize the body of Jesus...
I take bread and fruit of the vine as Jesus served His Apostles in the upper Room.
Since they were not vampires...I am not either...I don't need blood
to drink from any one's body. to survive physically or Spiritually.
Geneva Bible Commentary DATED 1599
1 Corinthians 11:23
(18) For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the [same] night in which he was betrayed took bread:
(18) We must take a true form of keeping the Lord's supper, out of the institution of it, the parts of which are these:
touching the pastors, to show forth the Lord's death by preaching his word,
to bless the bread and the wine by calling upon the name of God,
and together with prayers to declare the institution of it,
and finally to deliver the bread broken to be eaten,
and the cup received to be drunk with thanksgiving. And
touching the flock, that every man examine himself, that is to say, to prove both his knowledge, and
also faith, and repentance: to show forth the Lord's death, that is, in true faith to yield to his word and institution: and
last of all, to take the bread from the minister's hand, and
to eat it and
to drink the wine, and give God thanks.
This was Paul's and the apostles' manner of ministering....
The communion of Saints
No, you reject His teaching in Scripture about the Eucharist. Christ taught that it was His body and blood. I follow His words in John 6. You hew to the Geneva Bible commentary. Good luck with that.

All of Christendom believed in the Real Presence until the Reformation.

Location hidden

#425263 Mar 1, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
renowned Protestant historian of the early Church J. N. D. Kelly, writes: "Eucharistic teaching, it should be understood at the outset, was in general unquestioningly realist, i.e., the consecrated bread and wine were taken to be, and were treated and designated as, the Savior’s body and blood" (Early Christian Doctrines, 440).
From the Church’s early days, the Fathers referred to Christ’s presence in the Eucharist. Kelly writes: "Ignatius roundly declares that ...[t]he bread is the flesh of Jesus, the cup his blood. Clearly he intends this realism to be taken strictly, for he makes it the basis of his argument against the Docetists’ denial of the reality of Christ’s body.... Irenaeus teaches that the bread and wine are really the Lord’s body and blood. His witness is, indeed, all the more impressive because he produces it quite incidentally while refuting the Gnostic and Docetic rejection of the Lord’s real humanity" (ibid., 197–98).
"Hippolytus speaks of ‘the body and the blood’ through which the Church is saved, and Tertullian regularly describes the bread as ‘the Lord’s body.’ The converted pagan, he remarks,‘feeds on the richness of the Lord’s body, that is, on the Eucharist.’ The realism of his theology comes to light in the argument, based on the intimate relation of body and soul, that just as in baptism the body is washed with water so that the soul may be cleansed, so in the Eucharist ‘the flesh feeds upon Christ’s body and blood so that the soul may be filled with God.’ Clearly his assumption is that the Savior’s body and blood are as real as the baptismal water. Cyprian’s attitude is similar. Lapsed Christians who claim communion without doing penance, he declares,‘do violence to his body and blood, a sin more heinous against the Lord with their hands and mouths than when they denied him.’ Later he expatiates on the terrifying consequences of profaning the sacrament, and the stories he tells confirm that he took the Real Presence literally" (ibid., 211–12).
There was nothing more universal in the church than the Eucharist. The fulfillment of the prophesy of Malachi. Christians were called the flesh eaters.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-real-prese...
And....people whom eat human beings are cannibals....Christ never taught us to do so and to be so!!!!!
John Brown

Oklahoma City, OK

#425264 Mar 1, 2013
you know I am right and are so ashamed of your self you can not say any thing.It is like turning your head to the proof so you can continue to sin.

Albuquerque, NM

#425265 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
[I'm unaware of any willful disagreement I might have with any of Christ's teachings. Honestly.
What does this mean?

Sounds to me that you made a sincere choice (on your own), to not to have a choice in what you believe, or to believe any other teachings that do not appear in your Bible.

Is this what you are trying to say.

Sorry, but your post has some twists and turns in it that caused me to stop and ask for directions.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling you're going to tell me momentarily which one(s) you believe I disagree with.:)
The fact is, I really don't know what you do believe and what you don't believe....BUT....before you come to a conclusion of this post....please remember this....
- I don't know, but presume to know what you believe, as I know Catholicism and you are a Catholic, so your beliefs are within the confines of Catholicism. If you are going to tell me that they are not, then, Dan, you are not a Catholic.

You'll have to clarify your post better, if you want me to answer you with the same honesty I ask of you.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425266 Mar 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
How old were you when you received Christ at baptism?
Three months old.

I renewed my Baptismal vows at Confirmation and received the Grace of the Holy Spirit there as well.

I'm fine.

Thanks.

Albuquerque, NM

#425267 Mar 1, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You say I'm dishonest for not agreeing with your opinionated lies and presumptions about me. But, if I agreed with your lies about me I would be honest?
True - I've asked you to be honest, which you have not.

And in fact, if you were honest, you would agree with my posts.

But I regress because I have this feeling that this task is too hard for you.

Yes Saban, it requires an "examination of yourself", like Jesus requested. If you can't do this, just state it and continue on the path you've chosen, and forget about me altogher.

Either way or choice you make - is not hard to do. But it does start with you.....yes, "Self".
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#425268 Mar 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh - I see. You have first hand knowledge of "His nature".
Yet you don't post anything to show support that you actually have this knowledge of "His nature".
Why not?
A: because you lie and don't really know, but like to claim you do, to appease yourself and comfort yourself from the real truth....that you really don't know anythign about "God" and what "He" can or cannot do.
As I've told you in so many different ways - honesty is not your best characteristic by far.
Yes I do. He told me in His Word He is a Just God.

Hebrews 6:10
God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is he.

Revelation 15:3
and sang the song of God’s servant Moses and of the Lamb:

“Great and marvelous are your deeds,
Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
King of the nations.

Romans 3:26
he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

Isaiah 9:7
Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.

Psalm 89:14
Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne;
love and faithfulness go before you.

Nehemiah 9:33
In all that has happened to us, you have remained righteous; you have acted faithfully, while we acted wickedly.

Colossians 3:25
Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

2 Thessalonians 1:6
God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you

Jeremiah 23:5
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will raise up for David[a] a righteous Branch,
a King who will reign wisely
and do what is just and right in the land.

John 5:30
By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Hebrews 2:2
For since the message spoken through angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment,

Ecclesiastes 3:17
I said to myself,

“God will bring into judgment
both the righteous and the wicked,
for there will be a time for every activity,
a time to judge every deed.”

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

See. I present my knowledge of His "just" nature. But watch...., in true New Age Spiritual Leader form, this will somehow be twisted into being my dishonesty and lies. It will likely be sanctimoniously divided up and sent into many different tangents while denies will be put forth that any reasonable knowledge of the nature of God is known or can be proven.

Albuquerque, NM

#425269 Mar 1, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, New Age Spiritual Leader, you are saying God is not a Just God?
As usual, trying to twist your way out of the original question, by posing something already set-up in your mind.

This is an indication of someone being brainwashed.

Once again, for you, I had asked GiF, "Why do you fear a loving God?"

Nowhere in my question reflects justification or that information.

FYI - no human has the ability to know the mind of "God" - whether he is "just" or not.

If one thinks they can, then they are arrogant and their ego leans upon the minds of other men.

Are you going to support your opinion that "God is Just" and should be feared, with only "Paul".

Why don't you do me a favor and post something by Jesus that dictates this belief of yours.

I'm not sure why I keep asking you to post anything, up to this point all you have done is divert from answering - just like the Catholics and others.

*sighs*

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#425270 Mar 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I agree with what you're saying Jethro. The Cathedral of Saint Paul just spent hundreds of thousand dollars on a new pipe organ. On one hand I'm uncomfortable with that.
However, I need to understand what the Church is and what takes place inside their buildings during Mass. Then it makes a little more sense.
The Church believes that during the Liturgy of the Eucharist at the Holy Mass, the bread and wine are transformed into the very presence of Jesus Christ. Heaven meets Earth on the alter and we experience the great gift of the Eucharist. This is our faith.
When I realize this, the expensive organ and beautiful music along with the enormous Dome (signifying the covenant) over looking the alter where Christ is made present......it seems a little more appropriate to welcome Our Lord this way.
But this mega church the evangelical Baptist are building in MN is for their own pleasure. All the amenities are geared towards the young and hip and for the comfort of the audience.
Its for entertainment disguised as worship towards Christ.
Its not too tough to convince a teenage Catholic kid to come over to their side. No more kneeling. No more standing (unless you feel like you wanna boogie). No more boring liturgy. No more dressing up. No more confession. And the best part, there are girls you age who's parents let them wear push-up bras to Sunday celebration. Lol.
Friend, Jesus has no use to be welcomed in such matter, as he lives in Heaven, which nothing on earth can compare to. It's his wish that money be used to help those who have nothing. The catholic church "wastes" more money in a year than walmart makes in a year. This is not just a shame this is an abomination to God. The Catholic church is the #1 false religion in the world. Folks God never intended his church to have so many different positions, creeds and inner workings as the Catholic church has that no man can even understand the workings of the Catholic church. The Church of Christ is the only church on this planet that teaches and "WORSHIPS" according to God, I urge you to read your bible and see if what I say is true, the Catholic church tells you that you must be a priest in order to understand the scriptures, which is an absolute lie. Do you think God would make it difficult for you to know his will, NO. Go to the nearest Church of Christ and get right with God before it's to late.

Albuquerque, NM

#425271 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
In case I didn't answer your question in the manner you asked it, no, I don't find any of Christ's teachings to be ludicrous, nor am I, to my knowledge, in willful disagreement with any of them.
Hope that's a complete response.
Good for you Dan.

Please expalin to me what Jesus meant with his statement here:
(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

How does what Jesus teach, help an individual to gain salvation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 min Crazy 8,633
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... 18 hr pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) 19 hr God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Mon Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' Nov 23 RevKen 2
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Nov 21 KidlatNgayon 65

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE