Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649798 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#425383 Mar 2, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT! THERE WERE "ONLY A FEW 'MURDERS'.......Not even worth mentioning. Well here we see the heart and mindlessness of a 'TRUE CATHOLIC'. UNBELIEVABLE!
One murder is too many. So I don't want to down play the seriousness of the act. However, you guys tell people millions were murdered at the hands of the Roman Catholic Church. That's ridiculous. How many were? Its hard to find out. There simply wasn't that many, 4gvn. They were rare.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#425384 Mar 2, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Cite evidence please.
What evidence are you demanding?

Don't you believe the NT is the word of God?

If you do, then explain how we know this.

Did the Books fall out of the sky?

If you believe the NT is the Holy Bible then you also need to believe the Church was - apparently Holy enough - that God used it to gather the Books and put a label on it.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#425385 Mar 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called MASS CONFUSION!!!
Catholics have the "MASS"!!!---Protesta nts "fundies" have the "CONFUSION"
!
Good meeting you in person this morning. It was a nice Mass and great way to start the day off.
You're a nice guy.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#425386 Mar 2, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're right, but they don't want a pope who will change anything.
That is understandable....rid the protection given pedophiles, and the "calling of God" given to "priests" suddenly is as silent as a tomb!!!!

United States

#425387 Mar 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
Torture was used, albeit rarely. Murder did happen, but so rare its not even worth discussing.
-
-
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT! THERE WERE "ONLY A FEW 'MURDERS'.......Not even worth mentioning. Well here we see the heart and mindlessness of a 'TRUE CATHOLIC'. UNBELIEVABLE!
-
-
yeah. just as there were only a *few* bad priests *raping* little children ... not even worth mentioning ...
-
Why? because children are resilient and will recover. They will *forget* about all the HORROR that happened to them; they will mature and go on and live wonderful, productive lives; some of them will be so *forgiving* as to become priests themselves and follow in other priests footsteps ........raping little children
-
but it's not worth mentioning.

United States

#425388 Mar 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
The Crusades (6 of them?) were launched as a defensive war against invading Muslims. They were not fought to covert anyone. You're thinking of the Spanish Inquisition. The Spanish Monarchy used torture to convert people into the Church.
The CC should have put a stop to it (eventually they did) there were definitely sins committed by the hierarchy.
The thing is, every one of them violated Church teachings. It doesn't matter that they were at the top... They still violated Catholicism.
-
-
Bat Foy wrote:
So what you're trying to get me to believe is the Muslims invaded Europe to take the holy city and ..... Noooo white men did what white men do and that is make the world think as they do and if they won't they kill them. Almost every part of the world has seen this. It just so happens that at the time of the crusades the cc was in charge. The cc used Jesus/God and the fear of hell to slash and burn its way across the world to make men slave to the church. For the cc to help it always comes at a price. Jesus loved people never killed anyone chose death rather than kill a single person. Jesus wouldn't want killing in his name.
-
-
What the Catholics REFUSE to understand is that their warring and fighting and murdering in the Name of God is the reason Islam even exists.
-
There was NO SUCH THING as ISLAM when Constantine decided: "In This Sign Conquer." ...for 300 years there was no such thing as Islam.
-
Waging WAR in the name of God was started by the Catholics!!! and IF you believe the Catholics - they did it by the *authority* granted popes by Christ Jesus himself!! Ex cathedra.
-
but
true
to
form
MONKEY *SEE*
MONKEY *DO*
-
the tribal people of the area decided that THEY TOO had just as much *moral authority* to wage war
:
in
the
Name
of
God
........and now ... we have Islam.
-
What? Did the early church leaders think everyone else would just give up, sit down and not fight back? Did the early church leaders think they could militarily stomp everyone in submission to the Catholic church?
-
And THERE is where the confusion began.
-
for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
-
people of the area reacted to the violence that was the Catholic church ...

United States

#425389 Mar 2, 2013
people of the area reacted to the violence that was the Catholic church ...
-
but its not worth mentioning .......

Location hidden

#425390 Mar 2, 2013
GBA wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys go back and forth tit for tat like schoolboys trying to goad the other one for your own sake.
And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."
He also said: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

When anyone, by their words, say they are following teachings that are not based on the Sacred Word of God, as a son of God, I cannot remain silent...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#425391 Mar 2, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
yeah. just as there were only a *few* bad priests *raping* little children ... not even worth mentioning ...
-
Why? because children are resilient and will recover. They will *forget* about all the HORROR that happened to them; they will mature and go on and live wonderful, productive lives; some of them will be so *forgiving* as to become priests themselves and follow in other priests footsteps ........raping little children
-
If there is one Priest its too many as far as I'm concerned. It should make any normal person vomit at the thought of anybody doing such a thing to a child- especially someone who is a leader in Christ's Church; who had a child look to them for guidance.
Imagine the horror these guilty Priests will face when they have to look Jesus in the eye one day.

Guest, there is indeed only a few, thanks be to God. I believe there were about 7 last year. That's not very many, but still too many. Does that make sense?

I love how the CC is dealing with this problem now.
The only thing I don't like (but understand) is how a Priest is immediately removed upon an accusation- no matter the evidence. So many are falsely accused its not even funny. People are out to get free money by way of a lawsuit. Once that first check was written, suddenly there were 10,000 'victims' obtaining a lawyer.
To me - considering the serious subject - those false victims are pukes just like the guilty Priests, and anyone else who uses this subject to advance an agenda, by exaggeration or anything else.

Did you go to confession and communion yet? I got a feeling about you, guest.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#425392 Mar 2, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo.
How many times has Pat Robertson foretold the end of the world, yet here we are? At least twice I believe.
Oh, and who can forget the hurricane that was projected to hit Florida. Pat said it was "God's wrath." But instead, the storm veered north and went directly over Pat's HQ in Virginia Beach.
Talk about a sign from God! But Pat failed to see it, lol.
Just as the RCC should be held accountable, so should all the false prophets and their failed claims.
You're being kind to me lately. Can i check your forehead for a fever? Lol
Are you returning to the Catholic faith yet? Guest was Baptized Catholic and so were you. Right?
All you need to do is go to Confession then Communion. If you want to really experience the 'born again' effect, that's the perfect antidote.

Guest is going to do it this week, you may as well too.
Saban fan

Tucker, GA

#425393 Mar 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
True. The Holy Spirit guided the Church to the compilation of the Bible. The Spirit also guided them to interpretations.
Who guided them to where they are now?
Saban fan

Tucker, GA

#425394 Mar 2, 2013
Just checking in to see if New Age Spiritual Leader had gotten his foot out of his mouth?

I guess not....

United States

#425395 Mar 2, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
-
-
-
Clay wrote:
If there is one Priest its too many as far as I'm concerned. It should make any normal person vomit at the thought of anybody doing such a thing to a child- especially someone who is a leader in Christ's Church; who had a child look to them for guidance.
Imagine the horror these guilty Priests will face when they have to look Jesus in the eye one day.
Guest, there is indeed only a few, thanks be to God. I believe there were about 7 last year. That's not very many, but still too many. Does that make sense?
I love how the CC is dealing with this problem now.
The only thing I don't like (but understand) is how a Priest is immediately removed upon an accusation- no matter the evidence. So many are falsely accused its not even funny. People are out to get free money by way of a lawsuit. Once that first check was written, suddenly there were 10,000 'victims' obtaining a lawyer.
To me - considering the serious subject - those false victims are pukes just like the guilty Priests, and anyone else who uses this subject to advance an agenda, by exaggeration or anything else.
Did you go to confession and communion yet? I got a feeling about you, guest.
-
Clay: "I love how the CC is dealing with this problem now."
-
According to scripture, they SHOULD have kicked the priest OUT of the church, IMMEDIATELY!
-
but you don't listen to scripture. You listen to popes who came up through the ranks of rapist priests - protecting them and covering up for them ... so as to not allow the *church* to look bad ...
-
as for the false victims? in my view everyone on the planet is a victim of the Catholic church's lies.
-
the lies of the church have created the confusion
the lies of the church are responsible for untold victims of war
the lies of the church are responsible for centuries of grief and misery
-
and Clay, if your "good feeling" about me is the same standard of measure you use for your "good feelings" about the Catholic church ... know this: I will NEVER ... EVER willingly step foot in a Catholic church again.
-
Therefore: your "feelings" about me are in error.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#425396 Mar 2, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
Just checking in to see if New Age Spiritual Leader had gotten his foot out of his mouth?
I guess not....
Yep he got athletic tongue from somewhere...must have come from his foot.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#425397 Mar 2, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>No what I find ludicrous is the Catholic assertion of what John 6 meant,not what Jesus said Himself. I do not disagree with JESUS at all,Dan I dsagree with Roman Catholicism,and yes some of the early Reformers as well.Just because popular opinion,or a broad concensus of belief,does not MEAN that if is God's truth that should be in alliance to the broad opinion.
The fact that your church,the Orthodox,the Anglicans,and perhaps some Lutheran persuasions believe in the Real Presence after the consecratioon,really does not bother me.What bothers me is the entourage of RC beliefs that claim the Sacrament is basically needed for Salvation,and to sustain the whole body of Christ.
The truth is that Spiritually everything that pertains to the Lord Jesus Christ is needful and advantageous to the whole Body,for nourishment.It is Spiritual Essence that comes from the Godhead,through what was called the Eucharist,or Baptism,and those sacraments which benefited the whole Body.
We can benefit spiritually even from reading the W O R D,and that nourishes our souls.When people partake of the elements in Communion, Spiritually that nourishes the soul,and it brings to remembrance what the Lord Jesus Suffered.
Spiritual life is from God,DAN, Not from the hands of men and women.We can be inspired to write beautiful things for the Lord,or to make things that enhance our perception of the Spiritual,but ultimately the Spiritual comes from the S P I R I T,not human effort.
Communion when exercised with reverence,and the allowing of the Holy Spirit to illumine our minds toward the sufferings of Christ,spiritually nourishes the soul,and mind in Christ,whether or not believers consider the elements to be symbolic or the Real Presence.
I do not in any way diminish your faith in what you believe communion to be in connection with the Mass,and at the same time when Prots or Evangelicals have Communion and it is done with holy reverence,is just as spiritual and nourishing for the Body of Christ. It is all spiritual and discerned by the Spirit of Christ,as by the Holy Spirit,WHO by the way is the ONE sent to fortify,embody Christ in the Church,and to reveal the hidden treasures of the MYSTERY of Christ to us all as well.
Both persuasions of Catholicism and Evangelical Christianity are wrong if and when they try to diminish the spiritual significance of Communion in each other.We do not have to agree on all points,but we have to respect with the LOVE of Christ and the Unity of the Holy Spirit what the Lord is in Communion,as He is remembered of His Suffering and Death for our sins.
wonderful Post Pad. God Bless.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#425398 Mar 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick question, even though you also never respond with a direct answer, please explain to me:
a. If there were 13 Apostles, and Peter was the first to be chosen as Pope, and more than likely those other Apostles were alive (Acts state this to be), why weren't any of those individuals considered to be the successor of Peter? You would think that they all had the same teachings.
But instead, we have many non-Apostles taking that lead position.
One would think that even "John", "Matthew" or Mark - all original Apostles, and all with gospels - show that they were much more deserving than...
St. Linus (67-76)
St. Anacletus (Cletus)(76-88)
St. Clement I (88-97)
St. Evaristus (97-105)
Shoot - even Luke doesn't get a shot at this peek position.
As I've stated in the past - what you may think as "Apostolic Succession" (from one of the original 13 Apostles) is complete.
Far from it.
Enlighten me Star with your Catholic two-step, I mean wisdom.
You deserve a medal for this one. I would ask the same question,but you beat me to it.

It is interesting how the Apostles are somewhat like at the top of the leadership of the Christian movement.We all speak of the "Apostles teaching"AND revere the Apostles as the closest to the Master.

Yes you bring up no doubt a question I have not heard any Catholic or Evangelical to bring up.No matter how much the RCC claims they are IT,the variables of Christians who existed all through history that would not bow their knee to the ROMAN Church,and the fact that the Papacy all through its history dominated Europe with often Political demigogery, tells me that Roman Catholicism is not the One true Apostolic Church.

Any church that cannot obey the first two commandments of the TEN and arrogantly claims it is the CHURCH,Jesus instituted for all Christians,remains a mystery of false teaching that defies the Lord Jesus Christ KNOWN from the New Testament,and the revelation of truth from the Old Covenant as well.

Nevertheless I remain open to the fact that the Lord uses many Catholics,and that He will hear the prayers of all Christians.It seems to me that the Lord is not interested in who shouts the loudest about their validity and authenticity,but looks at our actions,our goals that serve Him,and holds the whole Body of Christ in His Hand,regardless of affiliation.

Just because I share with you these things,does not mean however that I believe or promote New Age thinking.However I do admire the fact that you are a Marial Artist,no I am not,never had time for it.But I believe it is one of the greatest contributions to the building of character in the human race.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#425399 Mar 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you have said, the strengthening of body and mind should be considered as "one".
"One" - in that they both make actions together.
When an individual recognizes the aspects of Self, they have also achieved that same mentality.
Thought we may use our spiritual essence in most ways associated to a religion of sorts, it is missed by many that the spirituality we develop also is a strength for our bodies.
How else could Sherlock Holmes defend himself against multiple attacks, and still remain unscathed?*smiles*
- By visualizing ourselves in the more dominant manner and following through with the vision to a reality.
:o)
It sounds good, huh? That is because it is a good thought.
But it is still Self.
We will find salvation after death, as long as we understand that ouor lives here on this plane of existence is categorized through love and peace - all actions of Self and the mind.
Thanks for reading my posts!
"We will find salvation after death, as long as we understand that our lives here on this plane of existence is categorized through love and peace-all actions of Self and the mind."

If you can take this statement of yours,and apply it to the Gospel account of the Sufferings of Christ,His c r u c i f i x i o n, AND His Resurrection,I will consider New Age philosophy.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#425400 Mar 2, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Clay: "I love how the CC is dealing with this problem now."
-
According to scripture, they SHOULD have kicked the priest OUT of the church, IMMEDIATELY!
-
but you don't listen to scripture. You listen to popes who came up through the ranks of rapist priests - protecting them and covering up for them ... so as to not allow the *church* to look bad ...
-
as for the false victims? in my view everyone on the planet is a victim of the Catholic church's lies.
-
the lies of the church have created the confusion
the lies of the church are responsible for untold victims of war
the lies of the church are responsible for centuries of grief and misery
-
and Clay, if your "good feeling" about me is the same standard of measure you use for your "good feelings" about the Catholic church ... know this: I will NEVER ... EVER willingly step foot in a Catholic church again.
-
Therefore: your "feelings" about me are in error.
I wasn't really serious about 'my good feeling' that you're coming back to the Catholic Church. Frankly, you are completely consumed by ignorance. Nothing will convince you otherwise.
I consider the type of ignorance displayed by you guys as a disease. I know the antidote is the Eucharist, but I know you will never know. But that won't stop me from proclaiming the truth.

Besides, every single human being will join the Catholic Church one day. The only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. The CC is His Church. He will require you to be a part of it, either here on Earth or in Heaven. You may as well join it now while you're alive. It might not be easy once you die. You will be unable to choose for yourself to join then.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#425401 Mar 2, 2013
truth wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_0UVnVz5lFQXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
https://www.google.com.au/search...
truth,I do not understand why you are showing such a video,your really doing a lousy job of trying to get whatever message you tirelessly try to convey.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#425402 Mar 2, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who guided them to where they are now?
Jesus. Who else? Don't get mad at us because your perception of the Church is false. You're looking at it from the outside and the stained glass windows don't make sense. So you guess at what it is; you throw accusations around to see if it sticks. But once you enter the Church and look around, the stain glass windows are bright and detailed and very beautiful. Things suddenly make sense.

I think it was free who complimented me on the stained glass windows analogy the other day. I stole the concept from someone else but I can't remember who or how exactly it went. Either way, I didn't invent it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 1 hr CON SHEEPLE 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 1 hr make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web