Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,485)

Showing posts 409,681 - 409,700 of512,363
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I've explained over and over that I do not follow men, perhaps you could explain how YOU avoid this "following men".
Just re-reading some of your posts to me....and to be honest - this one, is very telling.

1st you say you don't follow men, yet you believe the Bible - which was written by men - so if you don't believe men, you surely must ot believe the Bible.

2ndly - you stated "explain how YOU avoid this following men"
- again you will lean on this "avoidance", but yet don't realize that your conscious actually implied that you DO follow men, and is trying to figure out how "I avoid them".

Simple answer Saban, don't believe everything that has been given to you. Research that which you have received. Research those who have written what you believe.

Knowledge is power.

But why even tell you this? I know you won't do any such things, and go on with believing what men have told you to believe.

I'm starting to think you are nothing but a sock puppet of other men.

"Here, drink this, eat this, do this....all for Jesus....."

yep - very telling.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Just so you don't forget why you posted what you did....

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
If "All scripture is inspired by God", then they are just as valid.
Unfortunately, MEN DECIDED that they could play "God" and choose what you are to believe or not.
One does not need a specific religion to understand this.
<quoted text>
"perhaps"???
- guessing is a man's function and you do it well.
- Know the difference between "perhaps" and "actually occurred".
Perhaps the HS guided men to write these texts so that they would not be segregated.
Perhaps GoThomas is the key to all of what Jesus taught.
Perhaps men changed the words in the NT, just to gain followers.
Perhaps = speculation = Self
Interpretation is perception. Perception is Self.
<quoted text>
No - to think otherwise is to show that you have researched what you read, and not take for granted what other men have stated is true.
Again, we've arrived at Self.
"To know your Self is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
Why don't you believe Jesus? Are you afraid to believe these teachings? Why, what if you did?
Do you think something bad will happen to you?
- this is where your heirarchy has placed fear into your mind.
- there is no fear to believe in Jesus or his teachings.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt. 7:6
Lots of questions you couldn't answer? Understandable. You haven't been taught these things.

No problem. Take your time to research and learn about what I write. Salvation will only come once - when you die.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
YOU, Clay, have arrived at the religion the POPE wants AFTER slicing and dicing through the Bible. And it keeps changing with every pope. Now, they are allowed to "resign" ...
-
It's bad enough that they ADDED to the Hebrew scripture 7 books that do not belong there and called it Christian.
-
Down through history RCC has done WHAT they want - WHEN they want -
regardless of what the Bible says. They have even defied Jesus' own words.
-
The church is the CAUSE of most of the confusion. They HID the word of God from the people because ... "they were illiterate." ...so says the Catholic Church. Rather than encouraging or teaching the people to read, the RCC hid the Word of God.... kept it for the "intellectuals" of the Roman Catholic hierarchy .. who waged war and murdered and tortured people and raped children and covered up for the raping of children. And called itself The "Holy Roman Catholic Church" ... whilst doing all those heinous deeds.
-
With all that crap going on in the Catholic church is there any wonder there is a profusion of Protestant sects out there? is there any wonder there is confusion? they are ALL ... ALL OF THEM ... trying to separate OUT the falsehoods the RC Church has ADDED to what was first handed to the Apostles. The Catholic Church of today is NOTHING like the First Century Church. If a first century apostle had been raping little boys, they would have BEEN KICKED OUT! Period.
-
Wow. Using your description, I wouldn't like the Catholic Church either!
Unfortunately for you, you posted a bunch of lies. So I can't listen to you. My momma said steer clear of liars.

What next for you conspiracy Christians?

What Church did Christ start?

I don't think it was yours... Ellen White started that one.
socci

Osceola, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

1st you say you don't follow men, yet you believe the Bible - which was written by men - so if you don't believe men, you surely must ot believe the Bible.

Of course men wrote it; who would you expect? But men moved by God writing things that no man could know.

Jesus said:

"Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am he." (John 13:19)

If the thing written is fulfilled then it was God inspired.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Nice - you've taken the first step - admitting men wrote the Bible.
Good for you.
Now if you can only admit that men DO NOT know the mind of "God", thus anything written about him is speculation at best.
But will you?
Probably not. Your robotic-like belief implies that you won't.
What on Earth are you?

Are you really trying to fool us into thinking we 'follow men' but you do not?

You follow words ( I think) that were written by men.
Men told you that Jesus said X. You believe them.

Men said they knew Christ and wrote about Him. You believe them.

Men said the Gospel of Thomas is a fake. You don't believe those men.
Other men said GoThomas is authentic. You believe those men.
Hmmm.

Me? Yes I follow men. Men who are ordained in the Church that Jesus Christ started. This would be the Church that He promised "The Gates of Hell shall not prevail against it"
Where else would I rather be then in this Church, surrounded by leaders who are all in communion with each other and are protected from error on teachings?
Jesus will always guide our leaders to truth.(this does not mean they are exempt from sinning btw)
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course men wrote it; who would you expect? But men moved by God writing things that no man could know.
Jesus said:
"Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am he." (John 13:19)
Don't forget about the men who gathered those books and declared them inspired by the Holy Spirit. Those men were members of the ROMAN Catholic Church and included the stamp of two Popes. First Damaseus in 392, then Innocent I in 405 AD.
Wikipedia.org/Wiki/development_of_New_testame...
GBA

Madison Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Francis wrote:
Who do "Bible only" Protestants follow?
The Holy Scriptures are the Word of God. This is admitted by Protestants generally. But it is clear that if the Scriptures are wrongly interpreted, they become the word of man. For, as the Protestant Bishop Walton says: "The Word of God does not consist in mere letters, whether written or printed, but in the true sense of it."
This is also what St. Jerome (who was the first to translate the Bible into Latin) had said ages before: "Let us be persuaded that the Gospel consists not in the words but in the sense. A wrong explanation turns the Word of God into the word of man, and, what is worse, into the word of the devil; for the devil himself could quote the text of Scripture…" Indeed, he did so when he tempted our Lord in the desert (Matt 4: 6).
Those who confidently boast that they stand by the "Bible alone" imagine that to stand by the Bible alone means that they rely not upon human authority, but upon the Word of God.
Certainly nothing can be better than to stand by the Word of God, but is what they call standing by the Bible alone, actually standing by the word of God?
Firstly, the Bible, though divinely inspired, is but a written document, and a written document often so obscure, that St. Augustine, though so great a scholar, and a Doctor of the Church, confessed that there were more things in the Bible he did not understand than those he did.
Secondly, the Bible, because it is a written document, always remains silent unless interpreted, that is, unless some meaning is affixed to the words, by someone. It is clear that the Bible cannot speak and interpret itself: you must take the Book in your hand, open it, read it, compare passages, and attach a certain meaning to the words in them.
Therefore, when a Protestant says: "I stand by the Bible alone", he does not mean that he stands by the Bible uninterpreted - for in such case the Bible is mute.
He does not mean that he stands by the Bible as interpreted by the Church - for that would be not the Protestant but the Catholic way.
Nor does he mean that he stands by the Bible as interpreted by somebody else; as that would be - according to his notion - to give up his right of private interpretation.
What he really means then is that he stands by the Bible alone as interpreted by himself, and that the sense in which he personally understands it is the sure Word of God.
And then he jumps on the internet to denigrate Catholics for being too wise to fall for any man's personal/private interpretation of their (the Catholic Church's!) own Book of Scripture! Of course, he'll tell you the "Holy Spirit" is guiding him in his (assumedly infallible) understanding of Truth. Ask him why the Holy Spirit would guide only his understanding, and not that of a billion Catholics, and he'll revert once again to accusations, abuse, slander and bearing false withness against his neighbor. Ugh.
I'd give you ten thumbs up if I could. By the way I am a convert to the one holy Catholic and apostolic church. Praise God I found my way home!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

guest wrote:
-
YOU, Clay, have arrived at the religion the POPE wants AFTER slicing and dicing through the Bible. And it keeps changing with every pope. Now, they are allowed to "resign" ...
-
It's bad enough that they ADDED to the Hebrew scripture 7 books that do not belong there and called it Christian.
-
Down through history RCC has done WHAT they want - WHEN they want -
regardless of what the Bible says. They have even defied Jesus' own words.
-
The church is the CAUSE of most of the confusion. They HID the word of God from the people because ... "they were illiterate." ...so says the Catholic Church. Rather than encouraging or teaching the people to read, the RCC hid the Word of God.... kept it for the "intellectuals" of the Roman Catholic hierarchy .. who waged war and murdered and tortured people and raped children and covered up for the raping of children. And called itself The "Holy Roman Catholic Church" ... whilst doing all those heinous deeds.
-
With all that crap going on in the Catholic church is there any wonder there is a profusion of Protestant sects out there? is there any wonder there is confusion? they are ALL ... ALL OF THEM ... trying to separate OUT the falsehoods the RC Church has ADDED to what was first handed to the Apostles. The Catholic Church of today is NOTHING like the First Century Church. If a first century apostle had been raping little boys, they would have BEEN KICKED OUT! Period.
-
-
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Using your description, I wouldn't like the Catholic Church either!
Unfortunately for you, you posted a bunch of lies. So I can't listen to you. My momma said steer clear of liars.
What next for you conspiracy Christians?
What Church did Christ start?
I don't think it was yours... Ellen White started that one.
-
MY description? it's in the news, it's part of history, it's not MY description.
-
I'm not a liar, but the Pope is. He lied and covered up pedophilia in your church. Steer clear of him!
-
And I don't know who Helen White is.
GBA

Madison Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what's a "lay people"??? there's not even a hint of the concept in the entire new testament!
The laity consists of all members who are not a part of the clergy. A lay person can be a theologian. In Christianity including Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant and Anglican churches there are a wide range of formal and informal clergy positions-deacons, priests, bishops, pastors,and ministers. Of course the laity are mentioned in the New Testament. The clergy and the members of the church make up the body of Christ.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

The Sound of Abortion

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

So SAD !!!
Saban fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Just re-reading some of your posts to me....and to be honest - this one, is very telling.
2ndly - you stated "explain how YOU avoid this following men"
- again you will lean on this "avoidance", but yet don't realize that your conscious actually implied that you DO follow men, and is trying to figure out how "I avoid them".
Simple answer Saban, don't believe everything that has been given to you. Research that which you have received. Research those who have written what you believe.
Knowledge is power.
But why even tell you this? I know you won't do any such things, and go on with believing what men have told you to believe.
I'm starting to think you are nothing but a sock puppet of other men.
"Here, drink this, eat this, do this....all for Jesus....."
yep - very telling.
You just placed words in my mouth again while avoiding a question. Same story different post.

Your so caught up in Thomas, but *I'm* the one following men?

If you weren't intellectually dishonest and an overall joke I'd continue, but wrestling swine only gets you muddy and I think I'll let you keep the mud hole to yourself and allow you to continue to gloat as the King of it.

If you ever wish to have an intellectual discussion where my words are my words and my answers are treated as answers, OK. Otherwise, well.. I will not join you in the insanity.
Saban fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Just so you don't forget why you posted what you did....
If "All scripture is inspired by God", then they are just as valid.
Unfortunately, MEN DECIDED that they could play "God" and choose what you are to believe or not.
One does not need a specific religion to understand this.
<quoted text>
"perhaps"???
- guessing is a man's function and you do it well.
- Know the difference between "perhaps" and "actually occurred".
Perhaps the HS guided men to write these texts so that they would not be segregated.
Perhaps GoThomas is the key to all of what Jesus taught.
Perhaps men changed the words in the NT, just to gain followers.
Perhaps = speculation = Self
Interpretation is perception. Perception is Self.
<quoted text>
No - to think otherwise is to show that you have researched what you read, and not take for granted what other men have stated is true.
Again, we've arrived at Self.
"To know your Self is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
Why don't you believe Jesus? Are you afraid to believe these teachings? Why, what if you did?
Do you think something bad will happen to you?
- this is where your heirarchy has placed fear into your mind.
- there is no fear to believe in Jesus or his teachings.
<quoted text>
Lots of questions you couldn't answer? Understandable. You haven't been taught these things.
No problem. Take your time to research and learn about what I write. Salvation will only come once - when you die.
It's too bad the concept of the inspiration of the writers is so far above your head you can't grasp it.
Saban fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said:
Hopefully you can teach him something.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Francis wrote:
Who do "Bible only" Protestants follow?
The Holy Scriptures are the Word of God. This is admitted by Protestants generally. But it is clear that if the Scriptures are wrongly interpreted, they become the word of man. For, as the Protestant Bishop Walton says: "The Word of God does not consist in mere letters, whether written or printed, but in the true sense of it."
This is also what St. Jerome (who was the first to translate the Bible into Latin) had said ages before: "Let us be persuaded that the Gospel consists not in the words but in the sense. A wrong explanation turns the Word of God into the word of man, and, what is worse, into the word of the devil; for the devil himself could quote the text of Scripture…" Indeed, he did so when he tempted our Lord in the desert (Matt 4: 6).
Those who confidently boast that they stand by the "Bible alone" imagine that to stand by the Bible alone means that they rely not upon human authority, but upon the Word of God.
Certainly nothing can be better than to stand by the Word of God, but is what they call standing by the Bible alone, actually standing by the word of God?
Firstly, the Bible, though divinely inspired, is but a written document, and a written document often so obscure, that St. Augustine, though so great a scholar, and a Doctor of the Church, confessed that there were more things in the Bible he did not understand than those he did.
Secondly, the Bible, because it is a written document, always remains silent unless interpreted, that is, unless some meaning is affixed to the words, by someone. It is clear that the Bible cannot speak and interpret itself: you must take the Book in your hand, open it, read it, compare passages, and attach a certain meaning to the words in them.
Therefore, when a Protestant says: "I stand by the Bible alone", he does not mean that he stands by the Bible uninterpreted - for in such case the Bible is mute.
He does not mean that he stands by the Bible as interpreted by the Church - for that would be not the Protestant but the Catholic way.
Nor does he mean that he stands by the Bible as interpreted by somebody else; as that would be - according to his notion - to give up his right of private interpretation.

And then he jumps on the internet to denigrate Catholics for being too wise to fall for any man's personal/private interpretation of their (the Catholic Church's!) own Book of Scripture! sniped
Why cloak Bible prophecies in Symbols?
Luke 8 :10 And He said, "To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is given in parables, that 'Seeing they may not see, And hearing they may not understand.'
Many of the apocalyptic prophecies were given while the prophets were in a hostile foreign land. One reason God cloaked the prophecies in symbols was to protect the messages.
Animals and their Parts
&#9726;Horse = Strength and Power in Battle Job 39:19, Psalms 147:10, Proverbs 21:31
&#9726;Dragon = Satan or his agency Isaiah 27:1;30:6, Psalm 74:13-14; Rev. 12:7-9; Ezekiel 29:3; Jeremiah 51:34
&#9726;Beast = Kingdom/government/political power Daniel 7:17, 23
&#9726;Lamb = Jesus/sacrifice John 1:29; 1 Corinthians 5:7
&#9726;Lion = Jesus/Powerful King i.e. Babylon Rev. 5:4-9, Jer. 50:43-44, Dan. 7:4,17,23
&#9726;Bear = Destructive Power / Medo Persia Proverbs 28:15, 2 Kings 2:23-24, Daniel 7:5
&#9726;Leopard = Greece Daniel 7:6
&#9726;Serpent = Satan Revelation 12:9; 20:2
&#9726;Tongue = Language / Speech Exodus 4:10
&#9726;Wolf = Disguised Enemies that hunt in a time of darkness Matthew 7:15
&#9726;Dove = Holy Spirit Mark 1:10
&#9726;Ram = Medo Persia Daniel 8:20
&#9726;Goat = Greece Daniel 8:21
&#9726;Horn = King or kingdom Daniel 7:24; 8:5, 21, 22; Zechariah 1:18, 19; Revelation 17:12
&#9726;Wings = Speed / Protection / Deliverance Deuteronomy 28:49, Matthew 23:37

http://bibleprophecyschool.com/bible-search/s...
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
MY description? it's in the news, it's part of history, it's not MY description.
-
I'm not a liar, but the Pope is. He lied and covered up pedophilia in your church. Steer clear of him!
-
And I don't know who Helen White is.
Sounds like you're falsely accusing our last Pope. Benedict 16th.
There is no evidence what-so-ever this man knew and/or covered up anything.
Of course, you can search the world wide web and probably find some slander-cult-propaganda-laced essay, saying he did. And being an Ideologue, you'll latch on to it as fact.

A great man is stepping down tomorrow who served Jesus Christ his whole life. He is one of only 266 Bishops of Rome who had the honor of sitting in the chair of St.Peter. To put that in perspective, there have been a hundreds of thousands of paper Popes since the reformation. By the time a new Pope is elected, there will be hundreds more who assumed there own Papacy of whatever store front Church they opened. But we Catholics had only 266. And they were validly ordained in a lineage that the world has never duplicated.
Amen.
Saban fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What on Earth are you?
Are you really trying to fool us into thinking we 'follow men' but you do not?
You follow words ( I think) that were written by men.
Men told you that Jesus said X. You believe them.
Men said they knew Christ and wrote about Him. You believe them.
Men said the Gospel of Thomas is a fake. You don't believe those men.
Other men said GoThomas is authentic. You believe those men.
Hmmm.
Me? Yes I follow men. Men who are ordained in the Church that Jesus Christ started. This would be the Church that He promised "The Gates of Hell shall not prevail against it"
Where else would I rather be then in this Church, surrounded by leaders who are all in communion with each other and are protected from error on teachings?
Jesus will always guide our leaders to truth.(this does not mean they are exempt from sinning btw)
Clay, Illogical people don't understand logic. He doesn't recognize the utter hypocrisy of his argument. Watch it, he'll put words in your mouth.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

GBA wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd give you ten thumbs up if I could. By the way I am a convert to the one holy Catholic and apostolic church. Praise God I found my way home!
denomination:(Christian Religious Writings / Theology) a group having a distinctive interpretation of a religious faith and usually its own organization...

The Catholics are a group having a distinctive interpretation of a religious faith and usually its own organization...

Christ never established any Christian denomination....Catholic..Prot estant...or otherwise....

And...Peter was the first pope of the Catholic Church, according to Catholics......but, according to historians, Leo I (440-461) was the first pope... some 400 years after Christ, per misled Catholics, made Peter the first pope!!!!

That really means the RCC had two first popes!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said:
So why do you believe those men and "their" texts, but not others?

Many religions teach salvation it through "God" or some inter-median person.

It also shows that you only believe in part of what Jesus taught, therefore, you are misleading others about "believing in Jesus".

Honesty is embedded in all of this, but you refuse to acknowledge it. Why?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>

What you are saying is unfounded.

Anyone can write about events decades before and fulfill them as prophecy.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're falsely accusing our last Pope. Benedict 16th.
There is no evidence what-so-ever this man knew and/or covered up anything.
Of course, you can search the world wide web and probably find some slander-cult-propaganda-laced essay, saying he did. And being an Ideologue, you'll latch on to it as fact.
A great man is stepping down tomorrow who served Jesus Christ his whole life. He is one of only 266 Bishops of Rome who had the honor of sitting in the chair of St.Peter. To put that in perspective, there have been a hundreds of thousands of paper Popes since the reformation. By the time a new Pope is elected, there will be hundreds more who assumed there own Papacy of whatever store front Church they opened. But we Catholics had only 266. And they were validly ordained in a lineage that the world has never duplicated.
Amen.
He knew...he covered up as much as he could...

Pope Benedict took action on sex abuse, but some say not enough
He spoke out against the abuse of children by priests and closed loopholes in canon law. But he refused to open Vatican records to outside scrutiny and rarely took action against his bishops and cardinals.
February 11, 2013|By Mitchell Landsberg, Los Angeles Times

Time and again in his papacy, Pope Benedict XVI spoke out against the scourge of child sexual abuse by Roman Catholic priests, using words that would have been scarcely imaginable by his predecessors.

It was, he said, "evil," "gravely immoral," "a terrifying sign of the times." He spoke of the "deep shame" and "humiliation" the scandal had brought on the Catholic Church. He apologized to victims.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 409,681 - 409,700 of512,363
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••