Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665622 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#425226 Mar 1, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
For a few hundred years, many patristic writers were still debating the issue.
But today, you are 100% sure???????
Fine, prove it. DNA test the blood and/or flesh of Eucharist miracles.
The RCC has the means today, which did not exist when one piece of "miracle" tissue was famously tested in the early 1970's.
So prove it and save more than 5% of humanity. Because after 2000 years, 5% is a pretty low number for Jesus "only true church."
5% makes Jesus look like a wuss.
Stop making Jesus look like a wuss. Prove it.
Christian faith until the Reformation taught that the Eucharist was the body and blood of Jesus.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425227 Mar 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You take nothing else that Jesus
has said literally....why do you strangle at a gnat and swallow a camel.
Do you take John 33:3 literally?
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see/to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot..
the kingdom of God.
Are you Born again of the Spirit?...have you experienced ....Regenerated?
If you are not you are carnally minded
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
~~~
Living by the five senses is not living by faith..
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Faith in God is -->
Rom 4:21 And --> being fully persuaded that, what he/GOD had/HAS promised, he was/IS able also to perform.
Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
~~~
Are you a Son of God
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
___
Do you experience the daily renewing of the Holy Ghost?
Tit_3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
___
Do you walk in the Spirit or in the flesh?
Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Do you strive to please Man or God?
Rom_8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom_8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
~~~
Do you exercise your own personal faith in God? or in an earthly institution...
Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
I received Christ at Baptism. He said I would, and I did.

We're good here.

Now, why don't you accept Christ's teachings about the Eucharist?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#425228 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian faith until the Reformation taught that the Eucharist was the body and blood of Jesus.
renowned Protestant historian of the early Church J. N. D. Kelly, writes: "Eucharistic teaching, it should be understood at the outset, was in general unquestioningly realist, i.e., the consecrated bread and wine were taken to be, and were treated and designated as, the Savior’s body and blood" (Early Christian Doctrines, 440).
From the Church’s early days, the Fathers referred to Christ’s presence in the Eucharist. Kelly writes: "Ignatius roundly declares that ...[t]he bread is the flesh of Jesus, the cup his blood. Clearly he intends this realism to be taken strictly, for he makes it the basis of his argument against the Docetists’ denial of the reality of Christ’s body.... Irenaeus teaches that the bread and wine are really the Lord’s body and blood. His witness is, indeed, all the more impressive because he produces it quite incidentally while refuting the Gnostic and Docetic rejection of the Lord’s real humanity" (ibid., 197–98).

"Hippolytus speaks of ‘the body and the blood’ through which the Church is saved, and Tertullian regularly describes the bread as ‘the Lord’s body.’ The converted pagan, he remarks,‘feeds on the richness of the Lord’s body, that is, on the Eucharist.’ The realism of his theology comes to light in the argument, based on the intimate relation of body and soul, that just as in baptism the body is washed with water so that the soul may be cleansed, so in the Eucharist ‘the flesh feeds upon Christ’s body and blood so that the soul may be filled with God.’ Clearly his assumption is that the Savior’s body and blood are as real as the baptismal water. Cyprian’s attitude is similar. Lapsed Christians who claim communion without doing penance, he declares,‘do violence to his body and blood, a sin more heinous against the Lord with their hands and mouths than when they denied him.’ Later he expatiates on the terrifying consequences of profaning the sacrament, and the stories he tells confirm that he took the Real Presence literally" (ibid., 211–12).

There was nothing more universal in the church than the Eucharist. The fulfillment of the prophesy of Malachi. Christians were called the flesh eaters.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-real-prese...
Larry

Pitt Meadows, Canada

#425229 Mar 1, 2013
Whoever believes in Jesus Christ and accepts Him as Lord and Saviour is a member of the Church!.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#425230 Mar 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
You both live by the five senses...instead of by faith
and obviously have no understanding/comprehension what walking in the Spirit, or following His leadership is.
Wrong again. I live by six senses. Sorry to disappoint you yet again.

When are you going to fix me, so I believe?

Yes Gif - Self is the top level you will have to use.

Let's start now.
Please tell me how to gain faith. This should be easy for you, as you think you have "faith in Jesus", yet adamantly say that I don't.

Prove to me I'm wrong.

Albuquerque, NM

#425231 Mar 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint YOU but I don't have any troubles in knowing, believing and worshiping in the APOSTOLIC TRUTH of my own personal faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS (historically and biblically proven) One True Apostolic Catholic Church....... The only reason that you are on this forum is because,you, just like every other bible only Protestant, keep spinning your wheels) trying to convince "somebody--ANYBODY" (and even yourselves) of your half-truth (watered down) Christianity. The fact is ,New Age, that their is "very little--if ANYTHING from over 2000 years of Church History than can "reconcile the inconsistencies with what you believe in the bible, nor can you reconcile the "numerous" contradictions of interpretations of the other 42,000+ bible only opinions, that are in the same "merry-go-round" confusion and chaos that you are in!! You see, New Age, this is a question of authority. God gave us the Church, which represents both Sacred Scripture and Tradition, to maintain "unity" in Gods family and bring us to the TRUTH of Salvation in Jesus Christ. That is why the Catholic Church is one (for over 2000 years) and your bible only Christianity is a "splintering off of thousands of different denominations and personal (opinionated) beliefs. God, never has, nor ever will be, the author of your bible only confusion(cf. 1 Cor. 14:33)
blah-blah-blah.....and I thought we were making progress.

But I think I've figured you out.

You are a "Pauline follower". Gotcha!

While GiF is putting together the points of interest to make me have faith, I'm gonna give you the same shot, okay?

Tell me what I need to do in order to have "faith" in your religion again?

I'm serious. Between the two of you - from opposite ends of teh religious spectrum, you should be able to come up with something in common.

Oh wait - you do use the same Bible, but have different interpretations.

This tells me that one of you (or both) are lying about your belief.

Okay, which one is a false prophet and promoting heresy?

Albuquerque, NM

#425232 Mar 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do YOU "reject" the SPOKEN, STATED, EXPLICIT AND EXPRESSED words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF (in the Gospels) regarding His One True (Universal-Catholic) Church in Matthew 16:13-21 --AND ---His own SPOKEN words (again) in John 6:47-59 regarding His TRUE body and TRUE blood, in the Eucharist!!!
Wait, there are supposed to be qualifiers to believe in Jesus?
- "in the Gospels"

Shoot - no one told me this. Darn it.

Well I'm not one for qualifiers, especially ones made by fallible men.

IMO - you sure are confused.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425233 Mar 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, there are supposed to be qualifiers to believe in Jesus?
- "in the Gospels"
Shoot - no one told me this. Darn it.
Well I'm not one for qualifiers, especially ones made by fallible men.
IMO - you sure are confused.
NASL-

When is the "Self" not in the subset of "fallible men"?

Albuquerque, NM

#425234 Mar 1, 2013
TaoEarp wrote:
<quoted text>
ABQ is a great city. Master Liu lived there for many years.
You know - I've never studied feng shui, but have looked at some things pertaining to it.

Instead, I studied martial arts - a modified style of Jeet Kun Do, but using this art as the main focus.

"The Way of the Defensive Hand" - Mohk Fang Li Do Gung Fu Wing Chun.

Has done wonders for me mentally and physically.

Albuquerque, NM

#425235 Mar 1, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
To quote you,'stop being so lazy', look up the definition of 'loaded question' yourself
I did, and keeps coming back to your post.

Hmmmm.....

Why don't you do us both a favor, and learn how to be honest.

Albuquerque, NM

#425236 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you find all of His teachings "ludicrous", or just the ones you don't agree with?
This is probably one of the few times, I'll have to say,'good job."

May I get a response from you, answering the same question?

Albuquerque, NM

#425237 Mar 1, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
By His nature He has to be Just.
Oh - I see. You have first hand knowledge of "His nature".

Yet you don't post anything to show support that you actually have this knowledge of "His nature".

Why not?

A: because you lie and don't really know, but like to claim you do, to appease yourself and comfort yourself from the real truth....that you really don't know anythign about "God" and what "He" can or cannot do.

As I've told you in so many different ways - honesty is not your best characteristic by far.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#425238 Mar 1, 2013
Larry wrote:
Whoever believes in Jesus Christ and accepts Him as Lord and Saviour is a member of the Church!.
How do you do that?

Matt. 7:21?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#425239 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I did, and keeps coming back to your post.
Hmmmm.....
Why don't you do us both a favor, and learn how to be honest.
Honest? I'm not the one asking loaded questions over and over.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425240 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm unaware of any willful disagreement I might have with any of Christ's teachings. Honestly.

I have a feeling you're going to tell me momentarily which one(s) you believe I disagree with.:)

Albuquerque, NM

#425241 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an article of faith.
He is present under the species (appearance) of bread and wine.
All of what you post above is realized thru Self and personal choices.

No religious organization is required to achieve this.

Why do you think it is?
- BTW - your answer will also have originated from your "Self".

Think hard, and post the truths, because I'd hate to not have the truth said to me. GiF and hojo are going to help as well.

Then there is the poster Saban, who loves to make spurious claims, but never supporting anything he says, which makes it hard for me (or anyone for that matter), to believe someone who can't even formulate an opinion of facts to support their position in refutation of what I've presented.

Sooo - whatcha got?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#425242 Mar 1, 2013
211 985
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>In all due respect to the Pope Emeritus,Benedict XVI, he had one of the most difficult tasks facing him as Pontiff. The constant unravelling of child abuse by the ordained priesthood of the church.
The Pope's statements and again I saw what he said when visiting England,he spoke to the whole civil courts of special guests,including the Archbishop of Canterbury.He did speak of the scandal,and declared his disgust and continued quest to rid the church of it.
What a sad situation for any leader to have to deal with. But Pope Benedict along with the whole church will have to be accountable before God,just as any denomination that faces the same garbage.My church years ago dealt with two distinct cases of child abuse,and both times called the Police.
May God give us grace these days to endure to the end,as sin abounds,but grace much more abounds to us,and all who will call upon the LORD.
That does not change the facts: He knew...and he covered up as much as he could...

I still say, the reason why he backpedaled, is because, he came up through the pedophile ranks....it has always been "don't tell on me...I won't tell on you"....."don't rock the boat..you will fall overboard"....
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#425243 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You are correct - only you can prove them. And based upon your continued dishonesty, I'm thinking that you won't admit to any of it anyhow.
But it won't stop me from putting it out there so others can make their own conclusions.
Why do you lie about your belief in Jesus?
You say I'm dishonest for not agreeing with your opinionated lies and presumptions about me. But, if I agreed with your lies about me I would be honest?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#425244 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh - I see. You have first hand knowledge of "His nature".
Yet you don't post anything to show support that you actually have this knowledge of "His nature".
Why not?
A: because you lie and don't really know, but like to claim you do, to appease yourself and comfort yourself from the real truth....that you really don't know anythign about "God" and what "He" can or cannot do.
As I've told you in so many different ways - honesty is not your best characteristic by far.
So, New Age Spiritual Leader, you are saying God is not a Just God?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#425245 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
In case I didn't answer your question in the manner you asked it, no, I don't find any of Christ's teachings to be ludicrous, nor am I, to my knowledge, in willful disagreement with any of them.

Hope that's a complete response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Mr Sir 10,376
News Christmas reminds us that Jesus was a migrant l... 14 hr Father Obrien 4
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Fri Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
More from around the web