Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,477)

Showing posts 409,521 - 409,540 of532,115
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. Thanks for the Confession
Now say 10 Hail Marys and go in peace.
~~~

MARY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY BEING FORGIVEN..

SHE IS NOT MY HIGH PRIEST.... JESUS IS.

THE BIBLE SAYS

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he/JESUS is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Ti_2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

jESUS IS THE WORD MADE FLESH...

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but

--->all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him/JESUS with whom we have to do. <--

Heb 4:14 --> Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. <--

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
All scripture is inspired.
What more is there needed to prove than what is in GoThomas - all of Jesus sayings?
Are you saying this text is not inspired? Why?
Do you have something from "God" that says otherwise? If you do, please provide it, or will you be like the Catholics - and just fall back on the men of 325 CE in Nicea?
You ain't got shite Seban - so be honest about it and admit it.
All scripture is inspired and I believe through the Holy Spirit it has been preserved for us. There are no contradictions within it.

Now, unless I am mistaken, you have already hinted that something recorded by Paul in scripture contradicts something of which you have knowledge in "GoThomas". If so, therein would lie a BIG problem. If there is in fact contradiction between two texts one is not inspired. God is not the author of confusion.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he/JESUS is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Ti_2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
--->all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him/JESUS with whom we have to do. <--
Heb 4:14 --> Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. <--
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
~~~

THERE IS NOTHING IN THE SCRIPTURES that says that Mary ..(the mother of Jesus ...has any part in God's plan of redemption )...other than the fact that SHE WAS THE VIRGIN, THAT BIRTH HIM...THAT WAS HIS EARTHLY MOTHER..OTHER WISE SHE IS NOT MENTIONED NOR INCLUDED IN GOD'S PLAN OF REDEMPTION..

I CHALLENGE ANY ONE TO GIVE A SCRIPTURE THAT PROVES ME WRONG...

-->BEYOND THE VERSE IN ACTS 1:14 MARY (the Mother of Jesus) IS NOT MENTIONED ..in the scriptures.

Act 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.

Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and---> Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren/BROTHERS.

THERE IS NOTHING
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
All scripture is inspired and I believe through the Holy Spirit it has been preserved for us. There are no contradictions within it.
Now, unless I am mistaken, you have already hinted that something recorded by Paul in scripture contradicts something of which you have knowledge in "GoThomas". If so, therein would lie a BIG problem. If there is in fact contradiction between two texts one is not inspired. God is not the author of confusion.
How come the church of Christ doesn't have the gospel of Thomas or gospel of Mary Magdalin in their canon? They both were Apostles of Jesus Christ. There is definitely evidence of some Christian sects (gnostics) using those books very early on.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

The Gospel of Thomas - So Called
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/554...

The Silence of Scriptures - An Argument for Inspiration
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How come the church of Christ doesn't have the gospel of Thomas or gospel of Mary Magdalin in their canon? They both were Apostles of Jesus Christ. There is definitely evidence of some Christian sects (gnostics) using those books very early on.
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/554 ...

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp ...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
I don't know... nor do Care where you are getting your strange word's above...
I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU ..
A PERSON JUST DON'T REALIZE OR ASSUME HE IS A SON OF GOD...
THERE IS SOMETHING THAT MUST TAKE PLACE FOR HIM TO BE A SON...
Jesus said ...One must be born....(figuratively to regenerate:- bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring of the Spirit (be regenerated) to become a Son.
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot *see...(to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot.)
*the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the FLESH/(by extension) the body (as opposed to the soul (or spirit), or as the symbol of what is external, or as the means of kindred, or (by implication) human nature (with its frailties (physically or morally) and passions), or (specifically) a human being (as such):- carnal (-ly,+-ly minded), flesh ([-ly]).
is FLESH;
and that which is born of the *SPIRIT....figuratively a spirit, that is,(human) the rational soul,(by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, daemon, or (divine) God, Christís spirit, the Holy spirit:- ghost, life, spirit (-ual,-ually), mind
*is SPIRIT
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
~~~~
To be a Son One must receive Christ...Jesus is the one that gives us power to be sons of God...
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
___
Rom_8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Rom_8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN BORN OF THE SPIRIT ...YOU CANNOT BE LED OF THE SPIRIT...
Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Rom_8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Gal_4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
"To be a Son One must receive Christ...Jesus is the one that gives us power to be sons of God..."

- I have, although you still refuse to believe me. So be it "half-Christian".

You are the one who mistake men's beliefs for Jesus'

Sounds to me, you ARE NOT a "son", but promote it as you are. You've got a long way to go before you achieve that mark.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
I don't know... nor do Care where you are getting your strange word's above...
I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU ..
A PERSON JUST DON'T REALIZE OR ASSUME HE IS A SON OF GOD...
THERE IS SOMETHING THAT MUST TAKE PLACE FOR HIM TO BE A SON...
Jesus said ...One must be born....(figuratively to regenerate:- bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring of the Spirit (be regenerated) to become a Son.
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot *see...(to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot.)
*the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the FLESH/(by extension) the body (as opposed to the soul (or spirit), or as the symbol of what is external, or as the means of kindred, or (by implication) human nature (with its frailties (physically or morally) and passions), or (specifically) a human being (as such):- carnal (-ly,+-ly minded), flesh ([-ly]).
is FLESH;
and that which is born of the *SPIRIT....figuratively a spirit, that is,(human) the rational soul,(by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, daemon, or (divine) God, Christís spirit, the Holy spirit:- ghost, life, spirit (-ual,-ually), mind
*is SPIRIT
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
~~~~
To be a Son One must receive Christ...Jesus is the one that gives us power to be sons of God...
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
___
Rom_8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Rom_8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN BORN OF THE SPIRIT ...YOU CANNOT BE LED OF THE SPIRIT...
Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Rom_8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Gal_4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
BTW - I forgot to add....

All of what you write of above has to do with "Self"

Learn it. Live it. Love it.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/554...
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
Saban
why do you debate with catholics? You guys believe alot of the same.
Salvation:
faith
works
baptism
*where you may disagree is, you both believe you belong to the true church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
There's only ONE true church where you can go and get saved, and only one, that's the Church of Christ. The Catholic church is the #1 biggest deceiver of mankind. The Church of Christ was founded on the day of Pentecost on 33 A.D.. The Catholic church came about by a few bad seeds of the CoC who decided to please Rome instead of God, and so you have the Catholic church which came into exsistence in the third century. The way you know which church is of the bible is from the bible. The bible doesn't practice infant baptizing, having a pope, statues, praying to Mary and a slew of other false doctrines. To please God is to worship him his way and no other way, which the Church of Christ does. We do not have musical instruments in worship because it's not authorized, we have singing as God has commanded. We have the Lord's supper every Sunday when we come together to take of the Lord's supper and to give and sing. This is what God has commanded, nothing else. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get right with God by being baptized and start your life with God, and continue unto death. Again there is no other church in this world where you can go and get saved, none.
Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

You first change a common noun "church" into a proper noun "Church"...so, you are guilty of changing Scripture to support your erroneous teaching.

The Greek word for church is "ekklesia" and is defined as:a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

The word "church" does not define any Christian denominations...

Quote: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Additionally:

What is Sola Scriptura?
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/557...

The Apocrapha - Inspired of God?
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/111...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
All scripture is inspired and I believe through the Holy Spirit it has been preserved for us.

Yes - ALL SCRIPTURE!! Not just the ones you think are or are not.

Are you always this clueless, especially when the words are right in front of you?

BTW - do you have a citation from "God" that states only certain texts are "God inspired"?

You lie, if you say you do.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>There are no contradictions within it.
Oh yes there is - we've already gone over the Levitical "laws" that you say "are God inspired" and pertinent to the world.

I say they are not, because of their content is not valid in the 21st C. Therefore, are no longer "inspired".

Unless you do beleive the inspiration in the "law" that states a man can rape a virgin girl, and then give her father 50 pieces of money for her hand.

Do you condone rape? Do you condone selling your daughter?

Seeee? These are no longer valid, but they are in the Bible you hold so dearly. In other words, you lied, because this contradicts the moral of society today.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>Now, unless I am mistaken, you have already hinted that something recorded by Paul in scripture contradicts something of which you have knowledge in "GoThomas".

If this is your mentality, then you failed again. I never hintred at such nonsense, but you will add your own thoughts (Self) to my posts, just to appease your own mind.

Yet once again, "Why do you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus?"
- nothing to hint towards "Paul" contradicts Jesus.
- nothing to suggest "Paul" contradicting Jesus.
- BUT....only a question that when posed to an individual on this forum, has been avoided, diverted from, and just plain not answered, because uninformed individuals, like yourself, think the question contains contradiction. It only shows how hypocritical you are towards Jesus, but not towards the men you adore and worship for giving you the Bible.

Live with the fact that you only believe in the Jesus that men gave you, and not the true Jesus.

When you can come to this astonishment, the dismay will pass rather quickly.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>If so, therein would lie a BIG problem. If there is in fact contradiction between two texts one is not inspired.

Oh - you know how to tell if soemthing is inspired by "God" and how one is not.

Please tell the forum your insightful view.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>God is not the author of confusion.
And you now know what "God" is thinking and doing?

Your arrogance is just part of the problem you have. One must erase teh ego and arrogance to have any relationship with Jesus or the HS.

You've failed again.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If "All scripture is inspired by God", then they are just as valid.

Unfortunately, MEN DECIDED that they could play "God" and choose what you are to believe or not.

One does not need a specific religion to understand this.
Larry

Abbotsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

The Pope sits in the Chair of Saint Peter plus has millions of prayers going out for him.The Roman Catholic Church is the most senior Church in Christianity.As for myself im a Lutheran and i do like many of the recent Popes statements concerning morals.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should believe everything you read or see.

This site dates it earlier than GoMark.

But why even argue this point with you, you are so biased in your religion, without researching it fully first, you really don't know the details, and will just go on teh stories that other people tell you.

Why do you follow men?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was hoping for a response in your own words.
The internet I filled with essays of propaganda by self proclaimed authorities on scripture. They slice and dice their way through the Bible until they arrive at the religion they want.
To me, it mean nothing.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I was hoping for a response in your own words.
The internet I filled with essays of propaganda by self proclaimed authorities on scripture. They slice and dice their way through the Bible until they arrive at the religion they want.
To me, it mean nothing.
Didn't the "bible" get sliced and diced before it was "completed"?

What about all the slicing and dicing the RCC has done through the centuries in regards to dogma and doctrine?

Yo are chasing your tail again.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

The Roman Catholic Church is rotten to the core, just another tool of Satan.The Truth will stand, when the world is on fire.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS
Why knock Mary. She sure made God a lot less angry.

No?

Jesus is God, right?

Before Mary came along, just look how angry God Jesus could get!

"I have wiped out many nations, devastating their fortress walls and towers. Their cities are now deserted; their streets are in silent ruin. There are no survivors to even tell what happened. I thought,'Surely they will have reverence for me now! Surely they will listen to my warnings, so I won't need to strike again.' But no; however much I punish them, they continue their evil practices from dawn till dusk and dusk till dawn."

more....

"All the earth will be devoured by the fire of my jealousy."

From Zephaniah 3:6-10 NLT

Doesn't God Jesus seem happier now compared to then?

So at least thank you Mary for being such a good mother.

Amen

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 409,521 - 409,540 of532,115
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Crazy 8,116
More 6 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 11 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 16 hr Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••