Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,197
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#424884 Feb 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Your misleading tactic still won't work.
<quoted text>
Your opinion of the Bible is not about the question I asked.
I asked you about how you find "Paul" more enlightened than Jesus, because you and all of Christianity, place more enlightenment on his texts, over direct sayings by Jesus.
Stop trying to play it any other way. These are the facts you refuse to acknowledge, which in turn, place the importance of the decision to use those letters by "Paul" over Jesus.
Nothing loaded about it, but it does hit right to the bone of HONESTY. Something that so-called "Christians" and their religion refuse to acknowledge as accurate.....
All because they believe in the men who CHOSE what they are to believe.
THIS IS FACT. Face it or continue to lie about it. You get to choose....SELF!
No religion required.
<quoted text>
Innuendo?
I don't think so.
Tell me what I've posted is "loaded with presumption".
While you are at it, please post the comparison to those texts that you think are not "loaded with presumption".
<quoted text>
Oh I've proven them - ten-fold.
You ilk seems to still be blind to the readily statements I've made.
Or you just plainly refuse to "look at links" just because they don't fit into your little arena.
"All scriptures are inspired by God" - 2 Timothy 3:16
- even your "Paul" agrees.
- nowhere does he specify specific books - only men have done this. You know, the men you follow and believe they told you the truth. They forgot parts.
<quoted text>
*watches Seban spin around blindly in confusion*
You'll get dizzy speaking like this. Maybe you should try something simple. Let's see if you can say these....
"Men wrote the Bible."
"God inspires everyone."
?1. Innuendo - an indirect intimation about a person or thing, especially of a disparaging or a derogatory nature.

?2. You have loaded a question with presumption when you claim that "I find "Paul" more enlightened than Jesus.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#424885 Feb 27, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
?1. Innuendo - an indirect intimation about a person or thing, especially of a disparaging or a derogatory nature.
?2. You have loaded a question with presumption when you claim that "I find "Paul" more enlightened than Jesus.
~~~

YOUR VAIN JANGLING DOES NOT EDIFY GOD.

1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1Ti 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

==>1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; <==

1Ti 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

#424886 Feb 27, 2013
-->Your objectionable language is inappropriate here...it is an outward revelation of an inward rottenness

<quoted text>
--> No I didn't, as I am hoping that you have never did, so why bother with the bullshit.<--

Did you want to beat your wife? If so, please seek the right counselling.

<quoted text>
Yes, because you accept what men have dictated for what you are to believe. Why? Do you trust them over your Self and "God"? Why?
Pls note - you only believe what you do, because it is only what certain men wanted you to believe.
Your spin and double-talk will work with the Catholics, but not this guy.

<quoted text>
Imagine that - you get to make the choice on what to believe, but yet you stick with what men have told you to believe.
Why? What are you afraid of if you choose otherwise?
<quoted text>
I've chosen not to answer your questions, until you've answered mine - you know, those ones you said you have, but haven't.

~~~

1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
1Ti 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
==>1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; <==
1Ti 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

#424887 Feb 27, 2013
My apologies to you I answered the wrong post...
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>

~~~

Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#424888 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Ah - yes....think-skinned. I didn't know you were so sensitive. Do you need me to use more comforting words?
Sorry - you won't get that from me.
But......the truth hurts, huh? It is also the first step in acknowledging the truth.
Maybe if you weren't dishonest with me or afraid to post an answer that defines your belief, you wouldn't be so frustrated.
<quoted text>
Losing ground?*looks at his feet*
Nope - all the ground is still there. What are you talking about? Your use of metaphors is poor.
<quoted text>
Oh - here it is....I was waiting.....me making statements is just judging, but yours is "righteous judging". I see now.
What a farce. What makes you righteous, if you follow only half of what Jesus taught, while the half you do follow - came from men?
Self-righteous is aptly more poignant for you.
<quoted text>
Why don't you believe Jesus?
(76) Jesus says:
(1) "The kingdom of the Father is like a merchant who had merchandise and found a pearl.
(2) That merchant is prudent. He sold the goods (and) bought for himself the pearl alone.
(3) You too look for his treasure, which does not perish,(and) which stays where no moth can reach it to eat it, and no worm destroys it."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Don't put so much of your worth into "Paul" and you won't be so bold to think that you are righteous.
"The meek shall inherit the Earth."
- Nothing here about self-righteous judging, like you are doing.
What is think-skinned?(oops. I almost forgot you won't answer questions)

If either of the two of us is sensitive I would suggest it was the first to complain about the "judging", which was you. I was only highlighting your sensitive hypocrisy when you told me "shame on you" by pointing out the judgements you've made on me. No complaint here. You are the only one that voiced complaint. Are my words not comforting enough for you?(oops. I almost forgot you won't answer questions)

?1. You haven't proven any works outside of the Bible were inspired. If you did, it wasn't presented to me.

?2. I do. To suggest otherwise is continued presumption on your part.

You've never heard of righteous judgement?! As Jesus told the Jews in the temple on one occasion:“Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteous judgment”(John 7:24)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#424889 Feb 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
QUESTION
Are you a son of God?
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe/ to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ):- believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.
on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
We are all "sons of God".

This is Christianity 101 - you should know this, unless you are prejudice of others? Are you?

Albuquerque, NM

#424890 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Are you a new creature in Christ Jesus?
2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
old things are passed away;
behold,
all things are become new.
Hmmm....."new creature" = spiritual change

Yes. Because I believe in ALL of what Jesus taught. Looks like you and many others, still have a ways to go.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424891 Feb 27, 2013
Disciple wrote:
Luke 10:18
King James Bible
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/light...
lol

Satan would have made a far better point -- if he made lightning hit the lightning rod when there were no storm clouds in the sky.

Satan is such a wuss. Any spirit can claim credit during a lightning storm. I had hoped for better.

Albuquerque, NM

#424892 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You want Questions ...Here's another Question
Me want questions? I'm sorry, no I don't. But am willing to answer them, after others I've directed mine too, will answer them.

You are avoiding my questions also. Why?
<quoted text>
Have you experienced the (Spiritual) Circumcision of your heart...and Spirit
Of course.

You will too if you accept all of what Jesus taught.

What are you afraid of

Albuquerque, NM

#424893 Feb 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Which question? Why do I believe Paul over Jesus??
You are not paying attention.

"Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?"

Or..."Why do you only accept less than six of the original 13 Apostles?"

Try to stay focussed.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424894 Feb 27, 2013
Francis wrote:
Wonderful days lie ahead for the faith! After all the wishy-washy ecumenical molly coddling that has gone on for decades, leading to such a grave weakening of her witness to the world, the Catholic Church finally has leadership that is no longer afraid to tell it as it is. 30,000 versions of heresy-ridden Christianity might well jump up and down (and rant and hurl abuse) at being told they are not "churches" but that shouldn't intimidate the Church from declaring Truth, any more than Christ's enemies could stop Him from proclaiming the same. Only Truth (who is the Christ) lasts forever - all else returns to dust. Praise the Lord!
I agree. The wishy-washy ecumenical molly coddling that has gone on for too long.

Who wants to be associated with any church in Australia that is being investigated for such hideous crimes?

Albuquerque, NM

#424895 Feb 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Was was chosen by Jesus.

Who is "Was was"?

If you are referring to "Paul", well, "Paul" never met Jesus, so you are incorrect.
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what those first century witnesses said, same as they accepted the virgin birth and miracles.

Men dictating what you are to believe. I already understand that part.
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
They were there as witnesses. You were not.
Ah yes - personal experience. Such a lovely aspect of human life.

Especially, when accounts are written decades later, and the human mind begins to fail.

I understand.

Why do you believe men again? Because they said they were witnesses?
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul's books agree with the rest of the bible. The Catholic's apocrypha does not.
No they don't.

Citation please.
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
• Who wrote the NT books and when?
http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...
www.datingthenewtestament.com
Oh - so you'll avoid my questions by answering them with non-answers or something that hasn't to do with the question, and then right away ask me a simple question like this?

Simple minds require simple answers.

"wrote the NT books and when?"
- Men decades (even centuries) after the supposed events.

Albuquerque, NM

#424896 Feb 27, 2013
socci wrote:
Why are new agers often discovered to be Catholics? could it be their predisposed belief in spiritualism and other gnostic books?
Because we chose to research the religion we we indoctrinated with, and realized that the information given was incomplete.

Why don't you believe Jesus?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424897 Feb 27, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Tell me of some of these errors instead of just saying they are, prove it.
The stars are for signs?

Usury is wrong? Slavery is OK?

Even you don't believe in Biblical cures I'll wager.

"Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick.... " (James 5:14-15 ASV)

Does the earth really sit on pillars? Does it have four corners? Can you see all kingdoms from a tall mountain?

Let the spin begin.

PS - do you wash your hands before eating?

PPS -- do you know any believers who have made themselves eunuchs?

Oh my!!!

#424898 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
We are all "sons of God".
This is Christianity 101 - you should know this, unless you are prejudice of others? Are you?
A christian is know by HIS FRUITS...

Mat_7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Mat_7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

IT IS OUT OF THE ABUNDANCE OF YOUR HEART THAT YOU WRITE...

DESCRIBING THE THE UNREGENERATED HEART ..

Jeremiah SAID

Jer_17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

JESUS SAID

OF A REGENERATED AND UNREGENERATED HEART

Luk_6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

PAUL WROTE

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

CHRISTIAN DISCIPLINE THEMSELVES ACCORDING TO THE LEADERSHIP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT...NOT ACCORDING TO THE FLESH

2Co 10:2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

2Co 10:6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

#424899 Feb 27, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The stars are for signs?
Usury is wrong? Slavery is OK?
Even you don't believe in Biblical cures I'll wager.
"Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick.... " (James 5:14-15 ASV)
Does the earth really sit on pillars? Does it have four corners? Can you see all kingdoms from a tall mountain?
Let the spin begin.
PS - do you wash your hands before eating?
PPS -- do you know any believers who have made themselves eunuchs?
Oh my!!!
~~~
WHAT IS THE POINTS... YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE... IN YOUR ABOVE POST?

#424900 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Me want questions? I'm sorry, no I don't. But am willing to answer them, after others I've directed mine too, will answer them.
You are avoiding my questions also. Why?
<quoted text>
Of course.
You will too if you accept all of what Jesus taught.
What are you afraid of
~~~

Ecc_12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

1Jn_4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Albuquerque, NM

#424901 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Your above questions ARE just information ....(vain jingling) THEY have nothing to do with the essential, knowledge of receiving Christ as your personal savior...
1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
The instructions of how to receive Jesus Christ is knowledge give by the Holy Ghost...
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
You are incorrect. But what would I have expected from someone who takes the word of men and pushes it as "God's".

Arrogance seems to be your master.

You wrote:
"Your above questions ARE just information ....(vain jingling) THEY have nothing to do with the essential, knowledge of receiving Christ as your personal savior..."

"vain jingling"?
- Huh? Why do you add vanity to Jesus' teachings?
- To "receive Christ as your personal saviour" is a choice an individual makes, just LIKE JESUS STATED.

If this is your version of Jesus' teachings - then it is absurd.

Why don't you beleive in ALL Of what Jesus taught?

Are you afraid of something?

Albuquerque, NM

#424902 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Why not receive Jesus and learn how to become a mature Son of God..
Considering I have with all of his teachings, and you haven't....it appears you are behind the eight-ball and are lacking those steps to "receive Jesus".

I understand, men have gotten in your way in order to do so.

One must put aside the edicts of men and begin anew - "born again".

Albuquerque, NM

#424903 Feb 27, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dishonest/Loaded questions.
No - you just can't be honest with yourself to admit the facts they include.

Keep denying the truth will only cause more blindness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope urges more Muslim opposition to IS in Turkey 3 hr Faith 4
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 18 hr Hebrewsunite 8,634
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 21 hr champion65 4
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Nov 25 pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE