Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
409,441 - 409,460 of 538,989 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
Clay

United States

#424845 Feb 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Let me ask you a question...
___
DO YOU CONSIDER THE BIBLE TO BE VALID?
IF YOU DO ...WHY DO YOU TEACH CONJECTURE DOCTRINES AND FABLES THAT CANNOT BE PROVEN BY THE BIBLE....AND IS CONDEMNED BY THE WORD OF GOD...
WHY DO YOU INCLUDE IDOLS IN YOUR WORSHIP?
WHEN GOD'S WORD FORBIDS IT...IN THE TEN COMMANDMENTS...
WHY DO YOU IGNORE GOD'S WORD AND DO YOU ON THING?
I consider all 72 books to be valid, as well as the teaching Magistrium of the Holy Catholic Church who told us they were valid.
I believe in their definition of Holy Scriptures. Not yours or anyone else who came along once the books were published and decided to dictate their own Christianity.

We do not include idols in our worship. That's a lie you've convinced yourself of. God knows your heart. He knows if you are deliberately spreading deception. I'll let you two work that out on judgement day.
As for our statues? You've failed to convince me that the beautiful sculptures at the Cathedral offend God. We have awesome ones of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in all 4 corners. We have Saint Paul overlooking from the back. In a chapel in the rear we have an exact replica of Michaelangelo's pieta.(that's a depiction of Mary holding the crucified Jesus in her arms)
Confrint, you've failed miserably to convince me God can be jealous of such powerful artwork that does nothing but enhance His glory. To put it bluntly, those things were carved out of pure love for God. Your warped ignorance tries to manipulate the ten Commandments in a vain attempt to falsely accuse us of worshiping those things. I see it plain as day.
Like I said, you and God can discuss this someday. Just pull out your Bible and show Him the book of Exodus, and maybe he'll understand why you thought it was ok to accuse us.... Then again, maybe not.
truth

Perth, Australia

#424846 Feb 26, 2013
Peter 2;5 spiritual priesthood
you are already
if you baptist
over dying person or child in emergency
you can do as your priest..

When person past away its tradition pray..what you can fill..oh don't asked..
what you will say..
show Marcy of you heart dear God..did you..i hope you will say for every person.
when i approach before casket they weak up..ja..could you imagen hand around your heart..why?
They must be thirsty..thirsty about what?..salvation.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#424847 Feb 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your above questions ARE just information ....(vain jingling) THEY have nothing to do with the essential, knowledge of receiving Christ as your personal savior...
1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
1Ti 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
The instructions of how to receive Jesus Christ is knowledge give by the Holy Ghost...
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Why not receive Jesus and learn how to become a mature Son of God..

Here is a way to accomplish maturity...

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as -->God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

--->TAKE THE MEASURE OF FAITH THAT GOD HAD GIVEN TO YOU, AND EXERCISE IT

THAT YOU MIGHT GROW IN THE LORD...
truth

Perth, Australia

#424848 Feb 26, 2013
you can save entire cemetery
now where is your heart
could you do that..
how its look
as you see drops of tears pure
yes from casket weak up..
where going trough me

i fill complete hand around heart..
Did you pray, what you really pray?How you pray from heart?!..Mercy dear Jesus from heart.

Does meter what they say to you or wrote about you..its yours already..they can't have.
Once when you notice ability or power its yours!
http://bible.cc/revelation/3-8.htm
truth

Perth, Australia

#424849 Feb 26, 2013
wicket can't have holy ticket..

i told you heart..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#424850 Feb 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not receive Jesus and learn how to become a mature Son of God..
Here is a way to accomplish maturity...
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as -->God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
--->TAKE THE MEASURE OF FAITH THAT GOD HAD GIVEN TO YOU, AND EXERCISE IT
THAT YOU MIGHT GROW IN THE LORD...
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your above questions ARE just information ....(vain jingling) THEY have nothing to do with the essential, knowledge of receiving Christ as your personal savior...
1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
1Ti 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
The instructions of how to receive Jesus Christ is knowledge give by the Holy Ghost...
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Why not receive Jesus and learn how to become a mature Son of God..

Here is a way to accomplish maturity...

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as -->God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

--->TAKE THE MEASURE OF FAITH THAT GOD HAD GIVEN TO YOU, AND EXERCISE IT

THAT YOU MIGHT GROW IN THE LORD...

OUR APPROACH TO GOD IS IMPORTANT...

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him:

for

he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a

rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

___

JESUS SAID...

Joh_6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and

him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

___

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest
.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and

lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
truth

Perth, Australia

#424852 Feb 26, 2013
pray Cross
preserver

I find myself complete there on Cross
that time i pray 14 station Cross
i fill his every pain
how its look
very nice to know..
His Cross take over yourself then you can speak about salvation.
http://bible.cc/revelation/2-2.htm
http://bible.cc/john/2-25.htm

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#424853 Feb 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider all 72 books to be valid, as well as the teaching Magistrium of the Holy Catholic Church who told us they were valid.
I believe in their definition of Holy Scriptures. Not yours or anyone else who came along once the books were published and decided to dictate their own Christianity.
We do not include idols in our worship. That's a lie you've convinced yourself of. God knows your heart. He knows if you are deliberately spreading deception. I'll let you two work that out on judgement day.
As for our statues? You've failed to convince me that the beautiful sculptures at the Cathedral offend God. We have awesome ones of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in all 4 corners. We have Saint Paul overlooking from the back. In a chapel in the rear we have an exact replica of Michaelangelo's pieta.(that's a depiction of Mary holding the crucified Jesus in her arms)
Confrint, you've failed miserably to convince me God can be jealous of such powerful artwork that does nothing but enhance His glory. To put it bluntly, those things were carved out of pure love for God. Your warped ignorance tries to manipulate the ten Commandments in a vain attempt to falsely accuse us of worshiping those things. I see it plain as day.
Like I said, you and God can discuss this someday. Just pull out your Bible and show Him the book of Exodus, and maybe he'll understand why you thought it was ok to accuse us.... Then again, maybe not.
~~~
YOU COME WITH VAIN JANGLING ...

JESUS CAME TO SEEK AND TO SAVE THAT WHICH IS LOST..

YOU COME AS A PUBLIC RELATION REPRESENTATIVE OF AN EARTHLY RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION...

JESUS SAID...

Joh_18:36 Jesus answered,--> My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Joh_8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

JESUS PRAYED

Joh 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Joh 17:10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

Joh 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Joh 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Joh 17:13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

Joh 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Mat 6:33 But -->seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

JESUS SAID

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#424854 Feb 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU COME WITH VAIN JANGLING ...
JESUS CAME TO SEEK AND TO SAVE THAT WHICH IS LOST..
YOU COME AS A PUBLIC RELATION REPRESENTATIVE OF AN EARTHLY RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION...
JESUS SAID...
Joh_18:36 Jesus answered,--> My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
Joh_8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
JESUS PRAYED
Joh 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
Joh 17:10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
Joh 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Joh 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
Joh 17:13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
Joh 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Mat 6:33 But -->seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
~~~

Jesus said
Joh_15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Jas_2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?


(ON WHAT DO YOU EXERCISE YOUR LOVE AND LOYALTY...being religious does not necessarily mean righteousness or Holiness...

Is it God in Christ ...or your worldly religious organization.?)

1Jn_2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

NOTE
1Jn_3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424855 Feb 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider all 72 books to be valid, as well as the teaching Magistrium of the Holy Catholic Church who told us they were valid.
I believe in their definition of Holy Scriptures. Not yours or anyone else who came along once the books were published and decided to dictate their own Christianity.
We do not include idols in our worship. That's a lie you've convinced yourself of. God knows your heart. He knows if you are deliberately spreading deception. I'll let you two work that out on judgement day.
As for our statues? You've failed to convince me that the beautiful sculptures at the Cathedral offend God. We have awesome ones of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in all 4 corners. We have Saint Paul overlooking from the back. In a chapel in the rear we have an exact replica of Michaelangelo's pieta.(that's a depiction of Mary holding the crucified Jesus in her arms)
Confrint, you've failed miserably to convince me God can be jealous of such powerful artwork that does nothing but enhance His glory. To put it bluntly, those things were carved out of pure love for God. Your warped ignorance tries to manipulate the ten Commandments in a vain attempt to falsely accuse us of worshiping those things. I see it plain as day.
Like I said, you and God can discuss this someday. Just pull out your Bible and show Him the book of Exodus, and maybe he'll understand why you thought it was ok to accuse us.... Then again, maybe not.
Clay -- outstanding post on many levels.

"I consider..." I believe..." Nice approach.

More...

"Powerful artwork..." and your your reference to Exodus are --- powerful and persuasive.

Is someone coaching you? This is really good stuff.

No matter, an enjoyable read. Thank you.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424856 Feb 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you possibly demand that every little 'i' and 't' about Catholicism be highlighted in the Bible, when Catholicism itself produced the Christian Bible 400 yrs after Christ? Bishops of the Catholic Church with the Pope (Damaseus) signed off on the New Testament Canon, and you demand that the word 'Pope' should be in the Bible. Seems very odd.
I read somewhere that the writings of the Apostolic fathers - particularly Clement of Rome and Ignatius of Antioch - almost made it into the New Testament. But it was decided by the CC to include only the writings from the Apostles themselves and not their students.
Funny, but none of you guys would have ever come into existence had this been done.
Martin Luther fought to eliminate the Books of Revelation and James from the Bible. Can you imagine all of the cults that would have never come to be, had Revelation not been available to them?
The bookof Daniel alone dome a pretty good job at pegging the Anti-Christ sitting above the congragation/RCC without the help from the book of Revelation.

Then we the following book:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-7

King James Version (KJV)


2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424857 Feb 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus taught that all of the authority in Heaven has been given to Him. He in turn, gave Peter the keys. "whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven. Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven". He gave the Apostles real authority. They chose Paul as one of their Apostles. Peter endorsed the writings of Paul - telling people to listen to "Our dear brother Paul".
-if Jesus Christ gave Peter real authority.. Matthew 16:18
-and Peter endorsed the writings of Paul..2Peter 3:15-16
Then it seems to me you're guilty of ignoring what Jesus Christ said by way of Peter. You're saying the Apostles had no authority to make Paul a brother and Peters opinion of Paul's Epistles does not matter to you....even thou Peter clearly was given the authority by Jesus Christ Himself to make those declarations about Paul.
Sorry dude but it was Cgrist who appeared to Paul on the raod not Peter.......lol
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424858 Feb 26, 2013
Meant Christ
truth

Perth, Australia

#424859 Feb 26, 2013
'' why you prosecute me''..
Is that light where poor Paul look as scare man?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424860 Feb 26, 2013
Catholic theology claims that apostle Peter was the first pope, though neither the Bible nor the historical record reveals whether he ever visited Rome. Catholic lists of supposed popes from the time of Peter onward disagree with each other respecting the order different persons and the years they were said to serve as pope. Though for many years the Roman church tried to claim for itself supremacy, dissenters to those aspirations were many.

The first pope, in the real sense of the word, was Leo I (440-461). Being endowed by nature with the old Roman spirit of dominion, and being looked upon by his contemporaries, in consequence both of his character and his position, as the most eminent man of the age, he developed in his mind the ideal of an ecclesiastical monarchy, with the pope at the head, and endeavored with great energy to transform the constitution of the Church in conformity with his ideal.(McClintock and Strong)

Yet, still Leo I was not universally recognized as pope and no one was viewed as such for centuries to come. Boniface III claimed for himself universal pope in A.D. 607 and the Emperor bestowed the title of universal pope on Boniface III in A.D. 606 (McClintock and Strong, "Boniface, Pope" and "Oceumenical Bishop"). Neither the word "pope" nor any teaching about the "pope" appears in Scripture. Rather than a centralized government ascribed to successors of Peter, the New Testament describes independent, self-governing congregations that follow New Testament instruction (1 Timothy 3:1-6; Titus 1:5-9; Acts 14:23).

As far as God and the Bible are concerned, there has never been and there is not now such an office as the pope. The first universally recognized pope was Boniface III (nearly 600 years after the establishment of the Lord's church in Acts 2).Image
Works Cited

McClintock, John and John Strong. "Boniface, Pope." McClintock-Strong Encyclopedia. CD-ROM. Seattle: Biblesoft, 2000.

------ "Oceumenical Bishop." McClintock-Strong Encyclopedia. CD-ROM. Seattle: Biblesoft, 2000.

------ "Papacy." McClintock-Strong Encyclopedia. CD-ROM. Seattle: Biblesoft, 2000.
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

#424861 Feb 26, 2013
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#424862 Feb 26, 2013
Luke 10:18
King James Bible
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/light...
truth

Perth, Australia

#424863 Feb 26, 2013
you mean no any office
as i say to you
in beginning
before man or anything created
''no speech no words''
then

heaven=where is there y
not exist
byyyyyyyyyyyyy

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#424864 Feb 27, 2013
There's only ONE true church where you can go and get saved, and only one, that's the Church of Christ. The Catholic church is the #1 biggest deceiver of mankind. The Church of Christ was founded on the day of Pentecost on 33 A.D.. The Catholic church came about by a few bad seeds of the CoC who decided to please Rome instead of God, and so you have the Catholic church which came into exsistence in the third century. The way you know which church is of the bible is from the bible. The bible doesn't practice infant baptizing, having a pope, statues, praying to Mary and a slew of other false doctrines. To please God is to worship him his way and no other way, which the Church of Christ does. We do not have musical instruments in worship because it's not authorized, we have singing as God has commanded. We have the Lord's supper every Sunday when we come together to take of the Lord's supper and to give and sing. This is what God has commanded, nothing else. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get right with God by being baptized and start your life with God, and continue unto death. Again there is no other church in this world where you can go and get saved, none.
Francis

Merrylands, Australia

#424865 Feb 27, 2013
Wonderful days lie ahead for the faith! After all the wishy-washy ecumenical molly coddling that has gone on for decades, leading to such a grave weakening of her witness to the world, the Catholic Church finally has leadership that is no longer afraid to tell it as it is. 30,000 versions of heresy-ridden Christianity might well jump up and down (and rant and hurl abuse) at being told they are not "churches" but that shouldn't intimidate the Church from declaring Truth, any more than Christ's enemies could stop Him from proclaiming the same. Only Truth (who is the Christ) lasts forever - all else returns to dust. Praise the Lord!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••