Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,472)

Showing posts 409,421 - 409,440 of529,681
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Let me ask you a question...
___
DO YOU CONSIDER THE BIBLE TO BE VALID?
IF YOU DO ...WHY DO YOU TEACH CONJECTURE DOCTRINES AND FABLES THAT CANNOT BE PROVEN BY THE BIBLE....AND IS CONDEMNED BY THE WORD OF GOD...
WHY DO YOU INCLUDE IDOLS IN YOUR WORSHIP?
WHEN GOD'S WORD FORBIDS IT...IN THE TEN COMMANDMENTS...
WHY DO YOU IGNORE GOD'S WORD AND DO YOU ON THING?
Well this is a start - with you asking questions.

Keep it up!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You hang with short dopers?
LOL! No, I can't stand the attitude.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep it up!
new age is a lie

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! No, I can't stand the attitude.
ROLL TIDE ROLL! champs not chumps

rtr
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You don't get out much, huh?
Are you still judging me?
Shame on you.
I think you've called me many things including dishonest and coward.

The typical reply from someone losing ground fast in a Bible debate is the accusation of judging. Let me inform you that there is no problem with righteous judgement. If I am told to avoid casting pearls before swine, I am expected to know how to distinguish the swine. This would require using judgement.

Here's one of your questions for you:

Will you remain to be swine?
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I speak for all Catholics because each one of the other Catholics on this forum "also" speak for me. This as well as (every other) Catholic around the world, continue to be united in their faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Catholic Church.
We do not belong to 42,000+ contradicting "self-opinionated bible only (divided Christian groups) that are ALL in conflict with each other! In addition---Jesus Christ is NOT, NOR EVER WILL BE, the author of your Protestant (editorializing of the interpretation of Sacred Scripture
You don't speak for me -- and yes, the RCC still has me as a member.(In fact, about 3/4th of your RCC membership are in truth --- not.)

You must really hate living in the USA, where 100% of our founders would have disagreed with you -- including even the two who were Catholic.

Too bad you don't believe your own words enough to walk your talk.

Nope, all talk, zero walk, so you just stay here sucking up the fruits of Protestantism, while stabbing America in the back. Shame on you.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>new age is a lie
Oh Hi Clown.

Are you stalking me?

Or did you just want to see what the "good ol' boys" are talking about?

You'll fit in here nicely with your clown attire - as everyone seems to like to hide behind a masque of creativity.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've called me many things including dishonest and coward.
Ah - yes....think-skinned. I didn't know you were so sensitive. Do you need me to use more comforting words?

Sorry - you won't get that from me.

But......the truth hurts, huh? It is also the first step in acknowledging the truth.

Maybe if you weren't dishonest with me or afraid to post an answer that defines your belief, you wouldn't be so frustrated.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The typical reply from someone losing ground fast in a Bible debate is the accusation of judging.
Losing ground?*looks at his feet*

Nope - all the ground is still there. What are you talking about? Your use of metaphors is poor.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me inform you that there is no problem with righteous judgement. If I am told to avoid casting pearls before swine, I am expected to know how to distinguish the swine. This would require using judgement.
Oh - here it is....I was waiting.....me making statements is just judging, but yours is "righteous judging". I see now.

What a farce. What makes you righteous, if you follow only half of what Jesus taught, while the half you do follow - came from men?

Self-righteous is aptly more poignant for you.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one of your questions for you:
Will you remain to be swine?
Why don't you believe Jesus?

(76) Jesus says:

(1) "The kingdom of the Father is like a merchant who had merchandise and found a pearl.
(2) That merchant is prudent. He sold the goods (and) bought for himself the pearl alone.
(3) You too look for his treasure, which does not perish,(and) which stays where no moth can reach it to eat it, and no worm destroys it."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Don't put so much of your worth into "Paul" and you won't be so bold to think that you are righteous.

"The meek shall inherit the Earth."
- Nothing here about self-righteous judging, like you are doing.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Keep it up!
~~~

QUESTIONS

Are you a Born again Christian?

Jesus said...

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see/to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot.

the kingdom of God.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTIONS
Jesus said...
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see/to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot.
the kingdom of God.
No - not a born again "Christian" - just 'born again". You know that "spiritual rebirth". Oh wait, you think something else is "born again".

The term "Christian" isn't defined accurately, so with you adding it to the end of your phrase, is inacurate.

One does not need to be part of some religious organization in order to achieve this, unless they are playing to the altar and just want others to be around when exclaiming such titles.

I've been 'born again' through the knowledge and teachings of Jesus. Learning my spiritual essence is of "God", and not of men.

Why?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTIONS
Jesus said...
the kingdom of God.
Questions:

Why do you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus?

Why do you only believe in less than six of the original 13 Apostles?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Keep it up!
QUESTION

Are you a son of God?

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe/ to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ):- believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.

on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No - not a born again "Christian" - just 'born again". You know that "spiritual rebirth". Oh wait, you think something else is "born again".
The term "Christian" isn't defined accurately, so with you adding it to the end of your phrase, is inacurate.
One does not need to be part of some religious organization in order to achieve this, unless they are playing to the altar and just want others to be around when exclaiming such titles.
I've been 'born again' through the knowledge and teachings of Jesus. Learning my spiritual essence is of "God", and not of men.
Why?
~~~

Are you a new creature in Christ Jesus?

2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:

old things are passed away;

behold,

all things are become new.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why?
~~~
You want Questions ...Here's another Question

Have you experienced the (Spiritual) Circumcision of your heart...and Spirit

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision
(the rite, the condition or the people, literally or figuratively):- X circumcised, circumcision.

is that of the heart,

/that is,(figuratively) the thoughts or feelings (mind); also (by analogy) the middle:-(+ broken-) heart (-ed).

...in the spirit/

by analogy or figuratively a spirit, that is,(human) the rational soul,(by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, daemon, or (divine) God, Christ’s spirit, the Holy spirit:- ghost, life, spirit (-ual,-ually), mind.

... and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

the seat of you affections
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Dennis Rodman goes to North Korea

Keep him over there. We dont want him back!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

<quoted text>
I'll answer your questions after you answer mine.
Looks like we will be here a loooooong time, huh?
I'm not going anywhere.
Which question? Why do I believe Paul over Jesus??
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

I asked you about how you find "Paul" more enlightened than Jesus, because you and all of Christianity, place more enlightenment on his texts, over direct sayings by Jesus.

Was was chosen by Jesus. This is what those first century witnesses said, same as they accepted the virgin birth and miracles. They were there as witnesses. You were not.

Paul's books agree with the rest of the bible. The Catholic's apocrypha does not.

• Who wrote the NT books and when?

http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...

www.datingthenewtestament.com
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Why are new agers often discovered to be Catholics? could it be their predisposed belief in spiritualism and other gnostic books?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

<quoted text>
Questions:
Why do you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus?
Why do you only believe in less than six of the original 13 Apostles?
~~~

Your above questions ARE just information ....(vain jingling) THEY have nothing to do with the essential, knowledge of receiving Christ as your personal savior...

1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1Ti 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

The instructions of how to receive Jesus Christ is knowledge give by the Holy Ghost...

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 409,421 - 409,440 of529,681
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••