Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,390
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#424814 Feb 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not consider the Apostle Pauls writings to be valid. Right?
You consider the memories of Matthew and Mark to be more accurate scripturally then anything Paul had to say. Right?
Why do you think the Apostles were wrong to include Paul as a brother?
If I'm way off in presuming what you think, then correct me and I won't do it again.
~~~

Let me ask you a question...

___

DO YOU CONSIDER THE BIBLE TO BE VALID?

IF YOU DO ...WHY DO YOU TEACH CONJECTURE DOCTRINES AND FABLES THAT CANNOT BE PROVEN BY THE BIBLE....AND IS CONDEMNED BY THE WORD OF GOD...

WHY DO YOU INCLUDE IDOLS IN YOUR WORSHIP?

WHEN GOD'S WORD FORBIDS IT...IN THE TEN COMMANDMENTS...

WHY DO YOU IGNORE GOD'S WORD AND DO YOU ON THING?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#424815 Feb 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
A tennis pro? Wow. That's a sport that requires being in shape. Lol
I went to Saint Agnes a few times. That Parish is excellent. They do a Saturday morning traditional Latin Mass that I have gone to. I'll have to let you know the day before I'm going to Sat morning daily Mass at the Cathedral. Right now, this weekend looks iffy.
Thanks Clay!--I'll just wait for your "call" on which Saturday morning will work the best as to when you will to be there!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#424816 Feb 26, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh, and now we will have to decide what to call this retiring pope. As usual we will make it up as we go since we have no biblical authority for the office in the first place.
Try "Cardinal Ratzinger" since that is what his new title will be!!
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#424817 Feb 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Poppycock!!!!
The Papacy and Priesthood
In the Bible there are no popes or priests to rule over the church. Jesus Christ is our High Priest (Heb. 3:1; 4:14-15; 5:5; 8:1; 9:11), and all true Christians make up a spiritual priesthood (I Pet. 2:5).
Jesus Christ has sanctified all Christians who believe on Him (Heb. 10:10-11), so all priests today are unnecessary and unscriptural. Furthermore, the practice of calling a priest "father" is forbidden by Jesus Christ in Matthew 23:9. There is only ONE mediator between God and men (I Tim. 2:5).
The Catholic church teaches that Peter was the first Pope and the earthly head of the church, but the Bible never says this once. In fact, it was Peter himself who spoke against "being lords over God's heritage" in I Peter 5:3. Popes do not marry, although Peter did (Mat. 8:14; I Cor. 9:5). The Bible never speaks of Peter being in Rome, and it was Paul, not Peter, who wrote the epistle to the Romans. In the New Testament, Paul wrote 100 chapters with 2,325 verses, while Peter wrote only 8 chapters with 166 verses. In Peter's first epistle he stated that he was simply "an apostle of Jesus Christ," not a Pope (I Pet. 1:1). The Roman papacy and priesthood is just a huge fraud to keep members in bondage to a corrupt pagan church.
AMEN, Oxbow!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#424818 Feb 26, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, New Age Spiritual Leader, your attitude and remarks remind me of someone I used to know that had short-man's disease and smoked dope.
You don't get out much, huh?

Are you still judging me?

Shame on you.

Albuquerque, NM

#424819 Feb 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not consider the Apostle Pauls writings to be valid. Right?
You consider the memories of Matthew and Mark to be more accurate scripturally then anything Paul had to say. Right?
Why do you think the Apostles were wrong to include Paul as a brother?
If I'm way off in presuming what you think, then correct me and I won't do it again.
I'll answer your questions after you answer mine.

Looks like we will be here a loooooong time, huh?

I'm not going anywhere.

Albuquerque, NM

#424820 Feb 26, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to ask if I still beat my wife.
No I didn't, as I am hoping that you have never did, so why bother with the bullshit.

Did you want to beat your wife? If so, please seek the right counselling.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, let me get this straight - you say I'm dishonest in my belief because by believing the Bible is inspired I'm refusing to admit something you've attributed to me that I have never believed to be true in the first place.
Yes, because you accept what men have dictated for what you are to believe. Why? Do you trust them over your Self and "God"? Why?

Pls note - you only believe what you do, because it is only what certain men wanted you to believe.

Your spin and double-talk will work with the Catholics, but not this guy.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And, supposedly, the fact that I am refusing to admit believing something I don't believe in the first place happens to be the only reason you cannot provide the evidence that the statement you attributed to me is true.
Imagine that - you get to make the choice on what to believe, but yet you stick with what men have told you to believe.

Why? What are you afraid of if you choose otherwise?
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Respectfully, which planet are you from? If earth, what are you smoking?
I've chosen not to answer your questions, until you've answered mine - you know, those ones you said you have, but haven't.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424821 Feb 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what's a "lay people"??? there's not even a hint of the concept in the entire new testament!
That was a quote from Garry O'Sullivan -- Managing Director of 'The Irish Catholic.'(I gave the link a couple of times in adjacent posts.)

That's how those crazy Irish and Brits write. Somebody needs to teach them proper English.

As for no hint in the Bible, I believe the writer was simply referring to historical fact, as recorded by some of the earliest patristic writers - or Ante-Nicene Fathers.

By the time the Bible was cobbled together a few hundred years later, the RCC had become clergycentric. It bore little resemblance to the earliest church -- before Constantine and Romafication.

(More new words. It's your day!)

Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424822 Feb 26, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, New Age Spiritual Leader, your attitude and remarks remind me of someone I used to know that had short-man's disease and smoked dope.
You hang with short dopers?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#424823 Feb 26, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i see your still playing pope,"we as catholics?" you speak for every catholic on here?.
I speak for all Catholics because each one of the other Catholics on this forum "also" speak for me. This as well as (every other) Catholic around the world, continue to be united in their faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Catholic Church.
We do not belong to 42,000+ contradicting "self-opinionated bible only (divided Christian groups) that are ALL in conflict with each other! In addition---Jesus Christ is NOT, NOR EVER WILL BE, the author of your Protestant (editorializing of the interpretation of Sacred Scripture

Albuquerque, NM

#424824 Feb 26, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll try another way:
Why? Your misleading tactic still won't work.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you refuse to acknowledge my answer, that I believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God that has been preserved for us through the Holy Spirit and therefore there are no contradictions, I will try to explain, once again, the absurdity of your loaded questions.
Your opinion of the Bible is not about the question I asked.

I asked you about how you find "Paul" more enlightened than Jesus, because you and all of Christianity, place more enlightenment on his texts, over direct sayings by Jesus.

Stop trying to play it any other way. These are the facts you refuse to acknowledge, which in turn, place the importance of the decision to use those letters by "Paul" over Jesus.

Nothing loaded about it, but it does hit right to the bone of HONESTY. Something that so-called "Christians" and their religion refuse to acknowledge as accurate.....

All because they believe in the men who CHOSE what they are to believe.

THIS IS FACT. Face it or continue to lie about it. You get to choose....SELF!

No religion required.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking questions from a false or questionable presupposition that is loaded with that presumption. The innuendo you've presented in your question begins the discussion with a false premise which I've already tried to tell you is untrue and unsound.
Innuendo?

I don't think so.

Tell me what I've posted is "loaded with presumption".

While you are at it, please post the comparison to those texts that you think are not "loaded with presumption".
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are slipping claims into your rhetoric without the burden of proving them. The ball is in your court to take responsibility for the unproven assertions and to prove why the books you're referring to are in fact, inspired writings.
Oh I've proven them - ten-fold.

You ilk seems to still be blind to the readily statements I've made.

Or you just plainly refuse to "look at links" just because they don't fit into your little arena.

"All scriptures are inspired by God" - 2 Timothy 3:16
- even your "Paul" agrees.
- nowhere does he specify specific books - only men have done this. You know, the men you follow and believe they told you the truth. They forgot parts.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you refuse my answer that the Bible is a collection of inspired writings, none of which contradict the other, and none of which are more enlightened than the other, then you leave me no choice but to answer indirectly, without bifurcation, or implying a falsehood or a statement that I deny.
*watches Seban spin around blindly in confusion*

You'll get dizzy speaking like this. Maybe you should try something simple. Let's see if you can say these....

"Men wrote the Bible."
"God inspires everyone."

Albuquerque, NM

#424825 Feb 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Let me ask you a question...
___
DO YOU CONSIDER THE BIBLE TO BE VALID?
IF YOU DO ...WHY DO YOU TEACH CONJECTURE DOCTRINES AND FABLES THAT CANNOT BE PROVEN BY THE BIBLE....AND IS CONDEMNED BY THE WORD OF GOD...
WHY DO YOU INCLUDE IDOLS IN YOUR WORSHIP?
WHEN GOD'S WORD FORBIDS IT...IN THE TEN COMMANDMENTS...
WHY DO YOU IGNORE GOD'S WORD AND DO YOU ON THING?
Well this is a start - with you asking questions.

Keep it up!
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#424826 Feb 26, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You hang with short dopers?
LOL! No, I can't stand the attitude.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424827 Feb 26, 2013

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#424828 Feb 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well this is a start - with you asking questions.
Keep it up!
new age is a lie

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#424829 Feb 26, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! No, I can't stand the attitude.
ROLL TIDE ROLL! champs not chumps

rtr
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#424830 Feb 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get out much, huh?
Are you still judging me?
Shame on you.
I think you've called me many things including dishonest and coward.

The typical reply from someone losing ground fast in a Bible debate is the accusation of judging. Let me inform you that there is no problem with righteous judgement. If I am told to avoid casting pearls before swine, I am expected to know how to distinguish the swine. This would require using judgement.

Here's one of your questions for you:

Will you remain to be swine?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424831 Feb 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I speak for all Catholics because each one of the other Catholics on this forum "also" speak for me. This as well as (every other) Catholic around the world, continue to be united in their faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Catholic Church.
We do not belong to 42,000+ contradicting "self-opinionated bible only (divided Christian groups) that are ALL in conflict with each other! In addition---Jesus Christ is NOT, NOR EVER WILL BE, the author of your Protestant (editorializing of the interpretation of Sacred Scripture
You don't speak for me -- and yes, the RCC still has me as a member.(In fact, about 3/4th of your RCC membership are in truth --- not.)

You must really hate living in the USA, where 100% of our founders would have disagreed with you -- including even the two who were Catholic.

Too bad you don't believe your own words enough to walk your talk.

Nope, all talk, zero walk, so you just stay here sucking up the fruits of Protestantism, while stabbing America in the back. Shame on you.

Albuquerque, NM

#424832 Feb 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>new age is a lie
Oh Hi Clown.

Are you stalking me?

Or did you just want to see what the "good ol' boys" are talking about?

You'll fit in here nicely with your clown attire - as everyone seems to like to hide behind a masque of creativity.

Albuquerque, NM

#424833 Feb 26, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've called me many things including dishonest and coward.
Ah - yes....think-skinned. I didn't know you were so sensitive. Do you need me to use more comforting words?

Sorry - you won't get that from me.

But......the truth hurts, huh? It is also the first step in acknowledging the truth.

Maybe if you weren't dishonest with me or afraid to post an answer that defines your belief, you wouldn't be so frustrated.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The typical reply from someone losing ground fast in a Bible debate is the accusation of judging.
Losing ground?*looks at his feet*

Nope - all the ground is still there. What are you talking about? Your use of metaphors is poor.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me inform you that there is no problem with righteous judgement. If I am told to avoid casting pearls before swine, I am expected to know how to distinguish the swine. This would require using judgement.
Oh - here it is....I was waiting.....me making statements is just judging, but yours is "righteous judging". I see now.

What a farce. What makes you righteous, if you follow only half of what Jesus taught, while the half you do follow - came from men?

Self-righteous is aptly more poignant for you.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one of your questions for you:
Will you remain to be swine?
Why don't you believe Jesus?

(76) Jesus says:

(1) "The kingdom of the Father is like a merchant who had merchandise and found a pearl.
(2) That merchant is prudent. He sold the goods (and) bought for himself the pearl alone.
(3) You too look for his treasure, which does not perish,(and) which stays where no moth can reach it to eat it, and no worm destroys it."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Don't put so much of your worth into "Paul" and you won't be so bold to think that you are righteous.

"The meek shall inherit the Earth."
- Nothing here about self-righteous judging, like you are doing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... 4 min Old Pom 20
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 9,174
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr dollarsbill 84,032
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Thu ELIAS IBARRA 51
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... Thu Rockstar 14
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter '1st genocide of ... Apr 15 SpaceBlues 3
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Apr 14 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web