Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,467)

Showing posts 409,321 - 409,340 of512,410
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

and when you look at the pictures, to the left of it and up a little hill is the jail where they imprisoned the Papago Indians.

sorry but to the left of the church, our right.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>guess it hasnt changed from 10 years ago.
stink-o-rama
Provided by YPmobile
i live in tucson and i use to go to the mission when i was little... i havent gone in over 10 years and greatly disappointed with its up keep. i actually went today 10/2/11 and used the womens restroom mind you and it stunk like a mens urinal in a bar i wanted to puke i was embarrassed.
same link.lol
So, the whole smelly candles thing and guy under glass WAS BS.

Thanks.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
and when you look at the pictures, to the left of it and up a little hill is the jail where they imprisoned the Papago Indians.
sorry but to the left of the church, our right.
What church?

You've failed to name it.
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>it was teh very famous church in Tucson, Az that I wlaked into. first of all, I couldnt stand the stench of all of those candles,
and then to wlk over and see some poor mans bones in a glass tomb and people lighting candles for whatever reason, the guy was dead so candles were not going to light his abode whereever that might be.
JUST GROSSED ME RIGHT OUT.
I WOULDNT STEP INSIDE ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR CATHOLIC CHURCHS UNLESS GOD MADE ME TOO.
I wonder who's bones were in it? It must have been someone important.
At the Cathedral of Saint Paul, MN there is some bone fragments of the Apostle Paul inside the alter. I guess the appropriate thing to do if we get to see it inside the glass, would be to light a candle and say a prayer. This sign of respect for the Saint shouldn't gross you out.
A couple weeks ago, they displayed some of the stones from Pauls tomb. It was neat seeing the very rocks that was part of this Apostles resting place.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the whole smelly candles thing and guy under glass WAS BS.
Thanks.
prove my words are incorrect. ok?

to me the whole place was a piece of crap being readied to remove.my stables dont stink that much.

and the bones were in a enclave on the left side as you entered..
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Dan, I gave you this link 17 minutes ago. if you didnt look or read my posts, then shut up about it.

http://www.yellowpages.com/tuc son-az/mip/san-xavier-del-bac- mission-4199812?lid=4199812.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>prove my words are incorrect. ok?
to me the whole place was a piece of crap being readied to remove.my stables dont stink that much.
and the bones were in a enclave on the left side as you entered..
I'll do it in a minute.

Identify the Church in question, in Tuscon, AZ, where someone's bones were on display under glass in an enclave.
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
AFTER ALL OF YOUR MOCK REVERENCE AND PIOUS PLATITUDES THAT YOU DISPLAY IN YOU MAUSOLEUM FOR THE DEAD SAINTS AND THEIR STATUES AND YOUR RELICS...
THE CONGREGANTS FILE OUT WITH NO FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER..OR GATHER FOR BINGO..
SOME HEAD FOR THE NEAREST PUB AND GET STONED...
OTHERS HEAD TO THE BROTHEL.
AND THE PRIEST ( as many have )PROCEEDS TO SODOMIZES A CHILD, OR THE
ACTIVITY OF HOMOSEXUALITY...RIGHT
Holiness and righteous is left on the door step...or hung UP like a
coat in the vestibule ...until the next scheduled form of godliness
RIGHT?
I'm going to take a guess, Confrint. You attended a Catholic Mass before and became so jealous that you became enraged.
Because now you appear to be making stuff up in a rabid frenzy.
The Catholic Mass is filled from beginning to end with Bible. If you ever want to see the Gospel of John come to life and be put in motion, sit through the Liturgy of the Eucharist once.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"THE CONGREGANTS FILE OUT WITH NO FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER..OR GATHER FOR BINGO.."
The Bingo gathering reads like "fellowship" to me, GIF.
So does going to a bar for a drink with one's friends.
Neither are bad acts.
You, on the other hand, would refuse an overture to attend either event, instead going home to sit by yourself.
What was that about "fellowship" again?
The Bible says

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder who's bones were in it? It must have been someone important.
At the Cathedral of Saint Paul, MN there is some bone fragments of the Apostle Paul inside the alter. I guess the appropriate thing to do if we get to see it inside the glass, would be to light a candle and say a prayer. This sign of respect for the Saint shouldn't gross you out.
A couple weeks ago, they displayed some of the stones from Pauls tomb. It was neat seeing the very rocks that was part of this Apostles resting place.
lol, just thought about some of these people lighting candles(people in the church sell them). when I was asked if I wanted a candle, I just laughed at them. I said, the guy is dead, he dont need any light.

and if he was a Christian, then jesus provides all of the light that he needs, and if he is hell, a little candle aint gonna help him see. he aint gonna be able to find away out.

the place is morbid, clay, and if that is representqaive of what you peoeple go to, I really feel sorry for you. filthy church with filthy church leaders.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
Dan, I gave you this link 17 minutes ago. if you didnt look or read my posts, then shut up about it.
http://www.yellowpages.com/tuc son-az/mip/san-xavier-del-bac- mission-4199812?lid=4199812.
Give me a link that works.

Are you unable to simply name the place?

I can find it if you give me the name.
4GVN

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>guess that I must milk read little ole you.lol.
if a person(me) is saved when they die, they will go to Heaven.
that is as clear as I can help you.
So now you must change your words yet AGAIN. You said, and I QUOTE AGAIN," if a person is saved they will go to heaven". NOW you wish to crawfish and change your statement to "if a person is saved(when they die) they will go to heaven. So NOW( at least for the moment) you are saying that the only thing that matters is it moments just pryor to ones death. None of the rest of thier life really matters. You are a JOKE Percy.
So if you had been saved but you believe that you lost it, you would have to 'get saved' AGAIN. And would you then need to get baptized again as well. Surely your baptism must come after your salvation. and on and on we go.
So what exactly is it that KEEPS one saved? Grace or Works? You seem quite confused.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch. Really? You entered a Catholic Church once and became grossed out! That's called ignorance I think.
But I do understand how people could be perplexed upon their first experience with Catholicism. The Mass; the Priests in robes; the incense and alter...
You know, I attended a mega church evangelical gathering once. I definitely wasn't grossed out. But I was surprised on a couple things:
1. The attire worn by some of the members. Especially the woman. I know it was warm that day, but showing your stomach and tight shorts didn't seem appropriate to me.
2. While the reading from the Gospel was going on, people were reclined in their chairs and sipping coffee. Some were whispering about things not related to Jesus. Kids were running back and forth.
I was not used to that. I thought it was disrespectful to the word of God. Catholics stand and stay quiet for the Gospel reading.
I don't know what your particular congregation does and by no means am I classifying all of Protestantism this way..
I have been in one of those church's too Clay where not just young girls but older woman have come to hear the word of the lord, dress in attire that some prositutes wouldn't wear.
Let me assure you after the second or third time attending our church and hearing the true word of God.
Not only does what they wear change but the inner person also changes. Its not because someone has said something its because God does what only He can do. Because these people have come to the right place to hear the gospel story How Jesus came from Glory to die for all sinners.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

this confirms what I said about a enclave to the left.

The floor plan of the church resembles the classic Latin cross. The main aisle is separated from the sanctuary by the transept or cross aisle,

with chapels at either end.
THE BONES WERE AT THE RIGHT WHEN YOU WALK INTO THAT PART OF THAT BUILDING.

The dome above the transept is 52 feet (16 m) high supported by arches and squinches. At least three different artists painted the artwork inside the church. It is considered by many to be the finest example of Spanish mission architecture in the United States[citation needed
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
I found it, despite your "help".

The Mission of St. Xavier del Bac.

Yeah, it's apparently undergoing restoration.

No mention of anyopne under glass in a enclave by them nor the Catholic Encyclopedia (linked here).

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13464b.htm

No vistors mention it either. They also don't mention any smelly candles nor do any male visitors register complainats about the ladies' room, as you have.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g6...

You've never set foot inside it, have you?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a link that works.
Are you unable to simply name the place?
I can find it if you give me the name.
THE NAME IS IN THAT LINK. ARE YOU THAT STUPID THAT YOU CANT READ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ San_Xavier_del_Bac(see this).

BUT YOU CAN GOOGLE IT TOO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Xavier_del_B... .
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

dAN, i ALSO CANT BRING UP THE LINK BECAUSE IT IS BLOCKED BY MY BROWSER.

JUST GOOGLE THE NAME.

San_Xavier_del_Bac.

AND WIKI WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT INCLUDING THAT ENCLAVE TO THE LEFT.SINCE TEH INTERIOR IS MADE IN TEH SHAPE OF ACROSS, i DIDNT KNOW THAT. i DIDNT LOOK TO THE RIGHT, THE STENCH WAS KILLING ME AND I JUST WANTED TO GET AS FAR AWAY FROM THAT SMELL AS i COULD. THE JAIL UP THE HILL DIDNT SMELL THAT BAD.LOL
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I found it, despite your "help".
The Mission of St. Xavier del Bac.
Yeah, it's apparently undergoing restoration.
No mention of anyopne under glass in a enclave by them nor the Catholic Encyclopedia (linked here).
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13464b.htm
No vistors mention it either. They also don't mention any smelly candles nor do any male visitors register complainats about the ladies' room, as you have.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g6...
You've never set foot inside it, have you?
GUESS THAT YOU CANT READ.

TO ME, IT SEEMED AS IT WAS A WOMAN WHO ENTERED INTO THE WOMENS RESTROOM AND SAID IT SMELLED LIKE A MENS URINAL.

READ IT AGAIN.

stink-o-rama
Provided by YPmobile

i live in tucson and i use to go to the mission when i was little... i havent gone in over 10 years and greatly disappointed with its up keep. i actually went today 10/2/11 and used the [[[[womens restroom ]]]]mind you and it stunk like a mens urinal in a bar i wanted to puke i was embarrassed.

SHE PROBABLY GOES TO THE SAME BAR AS The REST OF THE "good catholics"and knows what the mens urinal smells like.lol.

If I hadnt been inside it, How then would I have know about an enclave to the left.lol, IN THE SHAPE OF A CROSS.LOL
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>please show the post that you are referring to.I cant answer when I dont know what was being discussed.
as far as my receiving the Holy Ghost, Of course it was spiritual as well as a Physical Experience.
"atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I am not a campbellite like saban and hank. even saban by nw knows that my docrine is that of the Holiness Beliefs9(second definitve Work of Grace). maybe you read where I said that my wife sings by herself without any music. she likes to wait on the Lord and if he gives her the Blessing to sing , she sings, and by that I mean she stands up in the pew testifys alittle bit about how Good God is to her and then she Blesses Him by singing her Praise to her.which is something that you people never do, I guess.
as far as the Last Supper, I disregard any lies taught by your church, concerning the actual Words of Jesus. ANY IDIOT KNOWS THAT HE WAS SPEAKING SPIRITUALLY, WHICH IS WHY YOU ARE A CATHOLIC AND I, ON THE OTHER HAND AM SAVED.

Atemboy: "I disregard any lies taught by your church, concerning the actual Words of Jesus. ANY IDIOT KNOWS THAT HE WAS SPEAKING SPIRITUALLY, WHICH IS WHY YOU ARE A CATHOLIC AND I, ON THE OTHER HAND AM SAVED."

Saban fan's response: I don't know, Preston. Used to I might have thought that He was speaking spiritually too. But now after your convincing description of those holes opening up in your belly and that water flowing out on your bed from those holes keeping the bed dry, is all giving me doubts...

Then:
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you correct someone a couple of days ago suggesting that Jesus was speaking from a spiritual standpoint and not a physical one? I don't suppose that could apply to the drying water that flowed freely out of the openings that came forth from your stomach.

Preston's response: "please show the post that you are referring to.I cant answer when I dont know what was being discussed.
as far as my receiving the Holy Ghost, Of course it was spiritual as well as a Physical Experience"
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of simple curiosity, can you cite where it says that it isn't wine, rather grape juice?
Wine is fermented, and it alone is mentioned on both occasions you refer to here.
Dan we have already been through this, You didn't believe the bible the first or second time fourth or fifth time.
I am not up to going through it again.

the people at the Wedding feast were already drunk, why would Jesus give them fermented wine , to contribute to their condition when the bible clearly says that drunks will not enter the Kingdom of God. Do you believe Jesus would temp someone to do something the Bible clearly said would keep them from Heaven.
Then Die on the cross . Use Common sense Clay.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 409,321 - 409,340 of512,410
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••