Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,466)

Showing posts 409,301 - 409,320 of529,587
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
1... Who said anything about a leg? I said bones. As for the spin about belief and authenticity -- it's called fraud.
2... As for America's terrible ideals and stuck on self -- walk your talk -- stop whining and move to Mexico where you can enjoy the fruits of your RCC ideals.
I don't have to move to Mexico. I married a Mexican lady here. My kids are half Mexican.
And yeah, I'm thoroughly impressed by her families Catholic ideals.
And those immigrant Mexican folks have spruced up parts of Saint Paul that were run down. I appreciate that. They are very family oriented and have good moral qualities... And they are Catholic.

Btw, I'm pretty sure the Mexican government dislikes the CC just like you. I think they waged an actual war towards Catholicism a hundred yrs ago. The Christero wars I believe?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

her is the grotto on that hillside. hopefully I can find the jail for ole dan patch.
which is just around that hillside.
http://photos.igougo.com/pictures-photos-p491...
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is the Church is creditied with omniscience.
The Pope has to read the paper to find out what's happening same as everyone else.
You are spinning again.

What was the Pope's position before he became Pope? It was his job to know then.

More reality -- the Pope read it in the papers for over a decade.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/05/us-...

Try actually reading the article before going into denial mode

The media didn't tell him or the RCC about the problem. The media forced the church to finally confront the problem.

The one true claim is once again BUSTED.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

We get the spin.

The church didn't torture or kill anyone during the inquisitions.

By the same standard...

Hitler didn't kill any Jews.

Stalin didn't imprison and murder millions.

It was their underlings and maybe Hitler and Stalin didn't know, right?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't doubt one bit you or Preston or LTM or anyone else would be very uncomfortable inside a Catholic Church. I couldn't imagine one of ya stepping foot through the doors.
You guys are paranoid conspiracy Christians. You programmed thoughts into your brain like,'God would be jealous of those statues of His Son and Mother.' Or 'those people are worshipping the statues and Mary'.
Of course, its all based on lies from your side. If I was you, I would be more concerned about the lies.
To me, that's what would creep me out if I attended one of your celebrations and heard all the deception directed towards the Catholic Church.
Confrint, I really want to know how Kay is doing.
clay, I have preached many times in Pentecostel churches, attended many baptist churches and was asked to join the freewill baptist church who was willing to accept my Credentials as an Ordained Minister.

AND IN NONE OF THEM HAVE I EVER FELT WHAT I FELT AT THAT CATHOLIC CHURCH. and the answer is obvious, Christ has no place in your church, now you can like that or not, i dont care. it will be to your church that He comes back to destroy, not ours!

ask Karen if she ever comes back on here if she has heard me preach against your church on the tapes that I sent her several years ago. when People come to a Christian church they need to hear about God and his mercy, not about the filth that abounds in the rcc
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ugardener/443721...

this picture shows the small jail to the right of the lion, you can see the entrance.lol@DAN

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Did any of you know that Lenin is an "incorruptible"?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Justice the new wine Jesus made at the wedding was unfermented,
Just as it was at the Passover Supper.
John 2: 3-6 "And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him,'They have no wine.' Jesus said to her,'Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me.? My hour has not yet come." His mother said to the servants,'Whatever He says to you, do it." Now there were set there six water pots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece."' ANSWER: Although the fermented and unfermented wines are translated from the same original word, the Biblical context establishes that no alcoholic drink is approved in God's Word. Jesus certainly would not go contrary to the Old Testament Scriptures which specifically forbade fermented wine. Proverbs 20:1 and Proverbs 23:29-32 indisputably condemn the use of alcoholic beverage. Would Christ disobey the Scriptures? It is unconceivable. It is true that wine is often approved for use in the Bible, but this is the pure juice of the grape without fermentation. Here is evidence that this kind of wine is a blessing: "Thus says the Lord:'As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one says,'Do not destroy it, for a blessing is in it,' so will I do for My servants' sake, that I may not destroy them all"' Isaiah 65:8. This wine is "in the cluster," or fresh from the grape. It is a blessing, but not the "strong wine," "mixed wine," or alcoholic beverage.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG--as usual!---These comments are just a continuation of
more of your "anti-catholic--BS" of which you are so "famous for" Confrinting...... You and your other Bible only Protestants that have "polluted this forum" with their (heretical) vengeance, hostility and hatred against Jesus Christ and His One (and only) True Apostolic Church,--- are "getting more and more desperate" with each comment--and you, Confrinting--are the lead (heretic)_ in the--"trumpet section" that continues to "blow out, more (hot air) than anyone else. You "editorialize and opinionize the bible"---with this quoting (or better yet mis-quoting) one bible verse after another---"laced" with one lie and one "distorted opinion" after another ----attacking Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. The fact is that "nothing of what you say has absolutely (no basis) of truth" what-so-ever, to back up ANYTHING that comes out of your "vindictive, beligerent,(snake oil) ministerial (mouth)"! You are not fooling "anyone" except yourself with these "lies, deceit and your condemning judgment heretical (trash talking) comments!!! I am quote sure that the devil is rejoicing--knowing that he has a "so-called Christian minister (firmly "hooked") into his hate-filled, judgemental and condeming--camp!!! You do not speak for God, never have and (probably) "never will" until you come to TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ!! My family and I continue to pray for you and Kay Marie-each day at daily Mass--that the Holy Spirit will reveal His "ecumentical" charity and unity in the Spirit of Jesus Christ Himself in and through His One True Catholic Church1
(the true Bride of Christ)
~~~
YOU WROTE

"You and your other Bible only Protestants that have
polluted this forum."

~~~

We have POLLUTED...THIS FORUM?...LOL

There is no way that WE EVANGELICALS... can pollute this forum...

(which forum ... is of no eternal consequence)

___

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS....

HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CONTAMINATE,

DISTORT, POLLUTE, DESTROY, DEL-LUTE, DELETE REPLACE,

AND COUNTERFEIT...GOD'S ETERNAL PLAN OF SALVATION.

Your accountability will be to GOD...

for your REJECTION, ATTACKS AND WARRING against His word..
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to a Pentecostal service where they passed out grape juice in these thimbles. To be honest I thought it lacked sufficient reverence.
John 2: 3-6 "And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him,'They have no wine.' Jesus said to her,'Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me.? My hour has not yet come." His mother said to the servants,'Whatever He says to you, do it." Now there were set there six water pots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece."' ANSWER: Although the fermented and unfermented wines are translated from the same original word, the Biblical context establishes that no alcoholic drink is approved in God's Word. Jesus certainly would not go contrary to the Old Testament Scriptures which specifically forbade fermented wine. Proverbs 20:1 and Proverbs 23:29-32 indisputably condemn the use of alcoholic beverage. Would Christ disobey the Scriptures? It is unconceivable. It is true that wine is often approved for use in the Bible, but this is the pure juice of the grape without fermentation. Here is evidence that this kind of wine is a blessing: "Thus says the Lord:'As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one says,'Do not destroy it, for a blessing is in it,' so will I do for My servants' sake, that I may not destroy them all"' Isaiah 65:8. This wine is "in the cluster," or fresh from the grape. It is a blessing, but not the "strong wine," "mixed wine," or alcoholic beverage.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I have been saying.....baptism is a work but it is the working of God, NOT man.....
As I recall I stated water Baptism was ACT of one Faith and a commandment not a work.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

Pro 23:29 Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?

Pro 23:30 They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine.

Pro 23:31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.

Pro 23:32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

JESUS WOULD NOT MAKE ANY THING THAT ..."biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. "

HIS DESCRIPTIVE WORDS CONCERNING WINE WERE ....

Mat_26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this -->fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Mar_14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of -->the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Luk_22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of --->the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to move to Mexico. I married a Mexican lady here. My kids are half Mexican.
And yeah, I'm thoroughly impressed by her families Catholic ideals.
And those immigrant Mexican folks have spruced up parts of Saint Paul that were run down. I appreciate that. They are very family oriented and have good moral qualities... And they are Catholic.
Btw, I'm pretty sure the Mexican government dislikes the CC just like you. I think they waged an actual war towards Catholicism a hundred yrs ago. The Christero wars I believe?
Bravo. Mexicans are fine people.

The Christero War -- a just war IMHO. Not only did the peasants have the support of their local Priests, but for the first time that I am aware, the "one true church" stood with the people against the powerful. The events of WW1 and the fact that they were confronting an avoided atheist left the Church with no other choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristero_War

THE BIG QUESTION AGAIN...

So why didn't you and your Catholic wife settle in Catholic-majority Mexico, which as you have pointed out, embraces the RCC and its "perfect teachings?"

Why didn't you walk your talk?

Think!!! No abortion, most church are "true," and thanks to a single Marian miracle, millions supposedly converted at once!

What more could you have asked for? A Mexican catholic wife! Family. Roots among the spiritually superior.

Why didn't you walk your talk?

Until then, maybe you shouldn't be telling others whether their churches are actually churches in the eyes of God or not.

You of all people had a clear-cut choice.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Why are you diverting from answering the question?
Let's try it again.
Do you now find Luke more enlightened than Jesus?
Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer your last question, I believe everything that Jesus taught. Jesus Christ promised His apostles that the words of their gospel declaration would be given them. He told them:“But when they deliver you up, be not anxious how or what you shall speak; for it shall be given you in that hour what you shall speak”(Matthew 10:19). And, note Luke’s parallel that they were not to “meditate beforehand” how to answer their antagonists (Luke 21:14).
I personally exalt the Holy Scriptures as the living Word of God (Hebrews 4:12), therefore if Luke's writings were inspired by God I could not say they were more or less enlightened than Jesus' teachings because they were Jesus' teachings.
To try to prove otherwise would be to find contradiction where, if the scriptures are in fact inspired, none exists.
Typically if we think we've found contradiction it is our faulty interpretations not taking into account the full context. In those instances, we need to take a step back and look at the audience being spoken to (i.e. was the church in existence?) and determine when the teaching was taking place and to whether the one's being taught were already in the church or not.
I didn't ask for a text book explanation.
I asked you for your opinion - not "Paul's".

Saban fan wrote:
"To answer your last question, I believe everything that Jesus taught."

But yet you in truth - don't. You don't accept none of these teachings are his of his origin:

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

Where are Jesus' teachings on what you state above?

Why do you find "Paul" and "Luke" more enlightened than first hand accounts by Thomas - of what Jesus spoke?

Using honesty.....if you are able....you should be able to give a straight answer.

C'mon - you can do it.
ravcax

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

youtube.com/watch... ………… Questioning a
delusional church
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>clay, I have preached many times in Pentecostel churches, attended many baptist churches and was asked to join the freewill baptist church who was willing to accept my Credentials as an Ordained Minister.
AND IN NONE OF THEM HAVE I EVER FELT WHAT I FELT AT THAT CATHOLIC CHURCH. and the answer is obvious, Christ has no place in your church, now you can like that or not, i dont care. it will be to your church that He comes back to destroy, not ours!
ask Karen if she ever comes back on here if she has heard me preach against your church on the tapes that I sent her several years ago. when People come to a Christian church they need to hear about God and his mercy, not about the filth that abounds in the rcc
Like I said, you guys instilled a perception in your minds about the CC.
Now, if I walked into a Pagan church where they were actually worshiping false gods, I would feel uneasy. But that's based on factual data. They worship false gods!
Your uneasy feelings is based on what you THINK we do. Or worse, what you WANT to think we do.
Its a bit childish to look at a beautiful image or statue and think it somehow offends God. I mean, you really really have to submit to a lot of ignorance to subscribe to that
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Pro 23:29 Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?
Pro 23:30 They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine.
Pro 23:31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
Pro 23:32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
JESUS WOULD NOT MAKE ANY THING THAT ..."biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. "
HIS DESCRIPTIVE WORDS CONCERNING WINE WERE ....
Mat_26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this -->fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
Mar_14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of -->the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.
Luk_22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of --->the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
Ok was I supose top have learned something new on top of what I already posted and believe ?
Or where you just amending to what I already posted ?
GBA

Madison Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

The three main branches of Christianity are Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant (some would add Anglican as a fourth). Most of the denominations that exist today developed in the 500 years since the Protestant Reformation and fall under the "Protestant" branch.

There are about 9,000 Protestant Christian denominations in the world.

Facts according to the World Christian Encyclopedia, published by Oxford University Press.

I wonder which of the 9000 denominations that sprung up in just the last 500 years is correct?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Why are you diverting from answering the question?
Let's try it again.
Do you now find Luke more enlightened than Jesus?
Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
<quoted text>
I didn't ask for a text book explanation.
I asked you for your opinion - not "Paul's".
Saban fan wrote:
"To answer your last question, I believe everything that Jesus taught."
But yet you in truth - don't. You don't accept none of these teachings are his of his origin:
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html
Where are Jesus' teachings on what you state above?
Why do you find "Paul" and "Luke" more enlightened than first hand accounts by Thomas - of what Jesus spoke?
Using honesty.....if you are able....you should be able to give a straight answer.
C'mon - you can do it.
I haven't looked at the link yet, but I've heard about some crazy things in the 'book of Thomas'. If the link refers to it, Are there any correlations between that book or other NT books referring back to it? What evidence is there that the book is inspired?
GBA

Madison Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 409,301 - 409,320 of529,587
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••