Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
409,281 - 409,300 of 537,248 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Church beat the USA in condemning it, and you set forth that "refromation ideals" were superior. You were wrong.
Your turn to provide a link. When did the RCC condemn slavery?

It was a state issue at the time and many states condemned slavery before the RCC.

Also, I re-stated "the ideals which grew from the Reformation." But of course, you only have those word games.

Or, you could easily move to a society that embraced RCC ideals, like Mexico maybe.

Nope, better to play word games than to walk your crazy talk. I understand.

Got to run. I'll look for your factoids backed by links later. Go play with some saintly bones. A ponder that last link I gave you.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Post # please. Maybe I misspoke. Maybe not.
How about, the U.S. media helped the "one true" Church confront the truth.
Either way, this reality further busts the absurd "one true" claim.
Of course you find it difficult to accept, but there's the reality.

The clear inference made is that the media somehow informed their opinion on whether the acts in question were wrong.

Obviously, the cleric in the article is thanking the media for helping them in their efforts to deal with the issue. He isn't crediting them with moral instruction by telling them it was wrong to begin with.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Post # please. Maybe I misspoke. Maybe not.
How about, the U.S. media helped the "one true" Church confront the truth.
Either way, this reality further busts the absurd "one true" claim.
Of course you find it difficult to accept, but there's the reality.
No one is the Church is creditied with omniscience.

The Pope has to read the paper to find out what's happening same as everyone else.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a state issue at the time and many states condemned slavery before the RCC.
Also, I re-stated "the ideals which grew from the Reformation." But of course, you only have those word games.
Or, you could easily move to a society that embraced RCC ideals, like Mexico maybe.
Got to run. I'll look for your factoids backed by links later. Go play with some saintly bones. A ponder that last link I gave you.
Dec. 3, 1839

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Supremo_Apost...
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The only ideals you mentioned as being "ideals which grew from the Reformation" dealt with US civil law precepts. Sorry-you mentioned them. Was I supposed to read your mind if you meant otherwise? You ran it more than once.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to take a guess, Confrint. You attended a Catholic Mass before and became so jealous that you became enraged.
Because now you appear to be making stuff up in a rabid frenzy.
The Catholic Mass is filled from beginning to end with Bible. If you ever want to see the Gospel of John come to life and be put in motion, sit through the Liturgy of the Eucharist once.
~~~

When I visited the Roman Catholic Church in Gettysburg Pa..

FOR MY NEPHEWS WEDDING...

I felt out of place..THE PLACE WAS FOREBODING .

I could not comprehend that those that

call themselves Christians would GO TO SUCH EXTREMES TO BE

diametrically apposed to the COMMANDMENTS OF GOD......

THE STATUES AND GRAVEN IMAGES....CREATED AN ERIE ATMOSPHERE OF A PAGAN

TEMPLE.

THE BIRD THAT WAS PORTRAYED ON THE PODIUM ...

(with the appearance of AN Egyptian ibis)

was especially inappropriately displayed in a place that supposed to

be a House of prayer.

Reminds me of the words of the Apostle Paul..

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

ALSO THE words of Jesus...WHEN HE WAS INSULTED AND UPSET AT THE DISPLAY THAT WAS IN THE HEAVENLY FATHERS HOUSE...

Mat_21:13 And said unto them, It is written,-->My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Mar_11:17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written,--> My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Luk_19:46 Saying unto them, It is written,---> My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
Catholics here want links.e
Catholics here want proof.
That's refreshing. Now maybe they will demand the same from their church?
The ten tons of bones of St Paul should all have the same DNA, right?
Or maybe the Catholics here need and want to believe the RCC fraud. After all, regardless of DNA, how many tons of bones did St. Paul have?
We don't need to believe anything about authenticity of relics. For some reason, you get fixated on stupid stuff.
I said a bone fragment. Not a leg.

As for your USA Protestant ideals you boast about?
I don't think id be too proud of that mess. But a guy like would see abortion as a successful measure of woman's rights. Your ideals are ruining this society from within, only you're too stuck on self to see it.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
AFTER ALL OF YOUR MOCK REVERENCE AND PIOUS PLATITUDES THAT YOU DISPLAY IN YOU MAUSOLEUM FOR THE DEAD SAINTS AND THEIR STATUES AND YOUR RELICS...
THE CONGREGANTS FILE OUT WITH NO FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER..OR GATHER FOR BINGO..
SOME HEAD FOR THE NEAREST PUB AND GET STONED...
OTHERS HEAD TO THE BROTHEL.
AND THE PRIEST ( as many have )PROCEEDS TO SODOMIZES A CHILD, OR THE
ACTIVITY OF HOMOSEXUALITY...RIGHT
Holiness and righteous is left on the door step...or hung UP like a
coat in the vestibule ...until the next scheduled form of godliness
RIGHT?
WRONG--as usual!---These comments are just a continuation of
more of your "anti-catholic--BS" of which you are so "famous for" Confrinting...... You and your other Bible only Protestants that have "polluted this forum" with their (heretical) vengeance, hostility and hatred against Jesus Christ and His One (and only) True Apostolic Church,--- are "getting more and more desperate" with each comment--and you, Confrinting--are the lead (heretic)_ in the--"trumpet section" that continues to "blow out, more (hot air) than anyone else. You "editorialize and opinionize the bible"---with this quoting (or better yet mis-quoting) one bible verse after another---"laced" with one lie and one "distorted opinion" after another ----attacking Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. The fact is that "nothing of what you say has absolutely (no basis) of truth" what-so-ever, to back up ANYTHING that comes out of your "vindictive, beligerent,(snake oil) ministerial (mouth)"! You are not fooling "anyone" except yourself with these "lies, deceit and your condemning judgment heretical (trash talking) comments!!! I am quote sure that the devil is rejoicing--knowing that he has a "so-called Christian minister (firmly "hooked") into his hate-filled, judgemental and condeming--camp!!! You do not speak for God, never have and (probably) "never will" until you come to TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ!! My family and I continue to pray for you and Kay Marie-each day at daily Mass--that the Holy Spirit will reveal His "ecumentical" charity and unity in the Spirit of Jesus Christ Himself in and through His One True Catholic Church1
(the true Bride of Christ)
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Salvation

God's Part... John 3:16
Christs Part... Rom 5:8
Man's Part... John 6:37
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you diverting from answering the question?
Let's try it again.
Do you now find Luke more enlightened than Jesus?
Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
In logic, there is a principle called the Law of the Excluded Middle. Simply stated, it is this: a thing must either be, or not be, the case. A line is either straight, or it is not. There is no middle position. Applied to the Bible, one therefore might declare: The Scriptures are either inspired of God, or they are not inspired of God. If the writings of the Bible are not inspired of God, then they are the mere productions of men, and as such would merit no religious respect.

Paul wrote:“Every scripture is inspired of God, and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be complete, furnished completely unto every good work”(2 Timothy 3:16-17).

It is quite clear that the penmen of Scripture were conscious of the fact that they were recording the words of God. Paul wrote:“I received of the Lord that which I also delivered unto you”(1 Corinthians 11:23). Again,“This we say unto you by the word of the Lord”(1 Thessalonians 4:15).“When you received from us the word of the message, even the word of God, you accepted it not as the word of men, but, as it is in truth, the word of God, which also works in you that believe”(1 Thessalonians 2:13). When Philip preached in Samaria, those people to whom he spoke had heard “the word of God”(Acts 8:14).

In one passage, Paul asked:“For who among men knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of the man, which is in him?” He means this: you cannot know what is in my mind until I, by my words, reveal to you what I am thinking. That is the apostle’s illustration. Here is his point.“Even so the things of God none knoweth, save the Spirit of God...which things (the things of God) we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Spirit teacheth; combining spiritual things with spiritual words”(1 Corinthians 2:11-13). There is not a more comprehensive statement of verbal inspiration to be found anywhere in the holy writings. The mind of God has been made known by means of the inspired words of those representatives whom He chose for that noble task.

The biblical writers considered one another’s productions to be inspired of God. In 1 Timothy 5:18, Paul writes:“For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn. And, The laborer is worthy of his hire.” In this passage, the apostle has combined Deuteronomy 25:4 and Luke 10:7, and classified them both as “scripture.” Similarly, Peter refers to Paul’s epistles as “scripture” in 2 Peter 3:15-16.

To answer your last question, I believe everything that Jesus taught. Jesus Christ promised His apostles that the words of their gospel declaration would be given them. He told them:“But when they deliver you up, be not anxious how or what you shall speak; for it shall be given you in that hour what you shall speak”(Matthew 10:19). And, note Luke’s parallel that they were not to “meditate beforehand” how to answer their antagonists (Luke 21:14).

I personally exalt the Holy Scriptures as the living Word of God (Hebrews 4:12), therefore if Luke's writings were inspired by God I could not say they were more or less enlightened than Jesus' teachings because they were Jesus' teachings.

To try to prove otherwise would be to find contradiction where, if the scriptures are in fact inspired, none exists.

Typically if we think we've found contradiction it is our faulty interpretations not taking into account the full context. In those instances, we need to take a step back and look at the audience being spoken to (i.e. was the church in existence?) and determine when the teaching was taking place and to whether the one's being taught were already in the church or not.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, preston, you failed to cite where the Mission in Tucson houses relics (a guy in glass made of bones).
So, you're wrong. I cited an abundance of source material on the place and no mention of relics housed there.
but you are the great guru that was going to prove me wrong, now like clay, you are backing up. like I said, there is no mention of a jail up the hillside either but it is there.lol

just admit that you cant prove me wrong or better yet, go out there and see for yourself. but let me warn you, it is one stinking place but a fit place for your clergy.lol

I just googled this so look at what this person says{about a hill}lol.

“Laid-back slice of history”
Reviewed 16 February 2013 You can take a guided tour of the premises, but you don't have to wait if you want to show yourself around. Peaceful cathedral and grounds. Free admission, although donations are always accepted. Gift shop, museum.

Take a short hike up the hill. It's under different ownership, but you're free to wander up there.

There is a fascinating cemetery on the way, but the Tohono O'odham thank you for not photographing it.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Revi...
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, prove your statement correct.
That's your burden. I've provided plenty to disprove your statement.
like always you ahve to resort to lies.

YOU HAVENT PROVIDED ANYTHING EXCDEPET TO SAY THAT THE PICTURE OF THE DEAD BONES WAS NOT SHOWN. WHICH PROVES NOTHING.

I just showed another person who spoke of a hill. what more do you want? want me to pay for you to go there so you can see that jail for yourself on that hillside?

PROVE ME WRONG LIKE YOU SAID THAT YOU WERE GOING TO DO.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

the first picture shown shows the hill.lol.as you can look down at the church.

http://emol.org/tucson/sanxavier/index.html

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

marge wrote:
Salvation
God's Part... John 3:16
Christs Part... Rom 5:8
Man's Part... John 6:37
Ro 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

A. God's part...He commendeth his love toward us.
B. Christ died for us.

Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

A. God's part...the Father gave all that He would to Christ...
B. Christ's part...He will not cast out any that come to him.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need to believe anything about authenticity of relics. For some reason, you get fixated on stupid stuff.
I said a bone fragment. Not a leg.
As for your USA Protestant ideals you boast about?
I don't think id be too proud of that mess. But a guy like would see abortion as a successful measure of woman's rights. Your ideals are ruining this society from within, only you're too stuck on self to see it.
1... Who said anything about a leg? I said bones. As for the spin about belief and authenticity -- it's called fraud.

2... As for America's terrible ideals and stuck on self -- walk your talk -- stop whining and move to Mexico where you can enjoy the fruits of your RCC ideals.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dan wrote:
Thanks Dan.

Back to my point -- it makes no sense whatsoever that an institution that is supposedly "perfect" in its teachings on morals -- fails to forcefully condemn the immorality of slavery until December 3, 1839.

Many U.S. states had done so well before. Pennsylvania and a few others had outlawed slavery before George Washington took office.

So much for those RCC "perfect teachings" on morals.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
When I visited the Roman Catholic Church in Gettysburg Pa..
FOR MY NEPHEWS WEDDING...
I felt out of place..THE PLACE WAS FOREBODING .
I could not comprehend that those that
call themselves Christians would GO TO SUCH EXTREMES TO BE
diametrically apposed to the COMMANDMENTS OF GOD......
THE STATUES AND GRAVEN IMAGES....CREATED AN ERIE ATMOSPHERE OF A PAGAN
TEMPLE.
THE BIRD THAT WAS PORTRAYED ON THE PODIUM ...
(with the appearance of AN Egyptian ibis)
was especially inappropriately displayed in a place that supposed to
be a House of prayer.
Reminds me of the words of the Apostle Paul..
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
ALSO THE words of Jesus...WHEN HE WAS INSULTED AND UPSET AT THE DISPLAY THAT WAS IN THE HEAVENLY FATHERS HOUSE...
Mat_21:13 And said unto them, It is written,-->My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Mar_11:17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written,--> My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Luk_19:46 Saying unto them, It is written,---> My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.
I don't doubt one bit you or Preston or LTM or anyone else would be very uncomfortable inside a Catholic Church. I couldn't imagine one of ya stepping foot through the doors.
You guys are paranoid conspiracy Christians. You programmed thoughts into your brain like,'God would be jealous of those statues of His Son and Mother.' Or 'those people are worshipping the statues and Mary'.
Of course, its all based on lies from your side. If I was you, I would be more concerned about the lies.
To me, that's what would creep me out if I attended one of your celebrations and heard all the deception directed towards the Catholic Church.

Confrint, I really want to know how Kay is doing.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG--as usual!---These comments are just a continuation of
more of your "anti-catholic--BS" of which you are so "famous for" Confrinting...... You and your other Bible only Protestants that have "polluted this forum" with their (heretical) vengeance, hostility and hatred against Jesus Christ and His One (and only) True Apostolic Church,--- are "getting more and more desperate" with each comment--and you, Confrinting--are the lead (heretic)_ in the--"trumpet section" that continues to "blow out, more (hot air) than anyone else. You "editorialize and opinionize the bible"---with this quoting (or better yet mis-quoting) one bible verse after another---"laced" with one lie and one "distorted opinion" after another ----attacking Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. The fact is that "nothing of what you say has absolutely (no basis) of truth" what-so-ever, to back up ANYTHING that comes out of your "vindictive, beligerent,(snake oil) ministerial (mouth)"! You are not fooling "anyone" except yourself with these "lies, deceit and your condemning judgment heretical (trash talking) comments!!! I am quote sure that the devil is rejoicing--knowing that he has a "so-called Christian minister (firmly "hooked") into his hate-filled, judgemental and condeming--camp!!! You do not speak for God, never have and (probably) "never will" until you come to TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ!! My family and I continue to pray for you and Kay Marie-each day at daily Mass--that the Holy Spirit will reveal His "ecumentical" charity and unity in the Spirit of Jesus Christ Himself in and through His One True Catholic Church1
(the true Bride of Christ)
in your estimation, just WHO does speak for Christ? can Christ trust your catholic clerics who preach against homosexuality and then practice it themselves, as the cardinal from scotland.can a house divided stand?

The Sin is so rampant in your rcc that even your leader couldnt take it any longer and resigned.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a load of rubbish. These so-called saints originate with the Roman Calendar of Gods.
The Hierarchy of the Roman Empire now called the Roman Church
Roman Empire offices & their modern names:
Roman Empire (Imperium Romanum) renamed: Roman Catholic Church.
Curia (legal body of Senators) slight name change: Curia (legal body of Cardinals).
Roman Emperor renamed: Roman Pope (head of all church and state affairs).
Roman College of Senators renamed: College of Cardinals.
Roman Senators renamed: Cardinals.
Roman Governors renamed: Archbishops.
Roman Senator with no territory: Bishop.
(Large) Roman Province renamed: Archdiocese.
(Small) Roman Territory renamed: Diocese.
Imperial Chair of Jupiter where Caesar sat renamed: Throne of St. Peter.
Vestal Virgins renamed: Nuns.
Pontiff or "high priest " of a pagan religious order (Zues, Apollo, Diana, Mars, Jupiter, Baal, Dionysys, Pythia etc) same name: Pontiff.
The Roman Calender and Holy Days of the gods renamed: Calendar Holidays of the Saints.
Legal act of creating a god (of a living or dead human, as was done to most of the Caesars) "Apotheosis of the Gods" renamed: Canonization of the Saints.
A decree of Caesar (dictator for life): Pope's infalliable Papal Bull.
Praying to a dead human god renamed: Praying to a saint.
In the US the highest law of the land is the Constitution and the Bill of Rights in the Vatican State the Constitution is called the Code of Canon Law.
Thanks. I have been suspecting this for many years.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The only ideals you mentioned as being "ideals which grew from the Reformation" dealt with US civil law precepts. Sorry-you mentioned them. Was I supposed to read your mind if you meant otherwise? You ran it more than once.
So what?

Your goal is not to understand. Your goal is to spin reality.

As for dealing with "US civil law," again -- not true. The Bill of Rights deal with both civil and criminal law, along with religion, free assembly, and more.

Mostly anti-Catholic in the day too. You'd understand more if you actually read those articles.

In fact, you wouldn't be here if you held the RCC to the same standards of proof and accountability as you almost certainly hold all others.

But we all have different standards for what we WANT TO BELIEVE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••