Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
409,261 - 409,280 of 532,538 Comments Last updated 29 min ago
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It tells us that you continue to run out anecdotes without citing them as statements of fact at which we should all gaze in wonderment.
Same old routine.
You ask. I provide. You are welcome.

(Next, you will avoid, but to be fair, what else can you do really?)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/05/us-...

(Reuters)- "The Vatican's new sexual crimes prosecutor on Tuesday acknowledged that the U.S. media "did a service" to the Catholic Church through its aggressive reporting on child abuse that helped the Church "confront the truth".

NOTE: this after decades of Vatican officials attacking the U.S. media, claiming for years that it was all a media invention.

So much for those perfect teachings on morals.

Memo to the RCC -- child rape is wrong. Glad Jesus supposed "only true church" was able to finally confront the truth.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Dan. I'm more than happy to defend my "factoids" here.
However, I cannot defend myself unless I know which factoid(s) you are talking about. Do you?
If you do, please state. A link to refute would be helpful.
Or maybe you're just angry? I understand. It's tough when your faith is a comedy club staple worldwide.
But I'm open to debate, if you dare to give specifics.
Simply cite the statement in the post I responded to.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

here is where the guy that church was named after is buried.

Burials and relics
He was first buried on a beach at Shangchuan Island. His incorrupt body was taken from the island in February 1553 and was temporarily buried in St. Paul's church in Portuguese Malacca on 22 March 1553. An open grave in the church now marks the place of Xavier's burial. Pereira came back from Goa, removed the corpse shortly after 15 April 1553, and moved it to his house. On 11 December 1553, Xavier's body was shipped to Goa. The body is now in the Basilica of Bom Jesus in Goa, where it was placed in a glass container encased in a silver casket on 2 December 1637.

SO IT SEEMS AS IT ISNT UNCOMMON FOR PEOPLES BONES TO BE INCLOSED IN GLASS AT CATHOLIC CHURCHES.LOL

AND DAN CAN FIND OUT WHO THAT PERSON IS AT THE LAST JUDGEMENT.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You left off the rest of the verse that says...but
be filled with the Spirit;
~~~
The OLD TESTAMENT SAYS..
Pro_20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
Isa 28:7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
Isa 28:8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.
___
THE NEW TESTAMENT SAYS
Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
Eph 5:18 --> And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
I got it.

Don't drink wine in excess. Be filled instead with the Spirit.

Still says don't drink wine in excess.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that relics didn't exist.
I said you hadn't seen any in Tucson.
WELL THEN PROVE IT AS YOU SAID THAT YOU WERE GOING TO DO.
lol
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask. I provide. You are welcome.
(Next, you will avoid, but to be fair, what else can you do really?)
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/05/us-...
(Reuters)- "The Vatican's new sexual crimes prosecutor on Tuesday acknowledged that the U.S. media "did a service" to the Catholic Church through its aggressive reporting on child abuse that helped the Church "confront the truth".
NOTE: this after decades of Vatican officials attacking the U.S. media, claiming for years that it was all a media invention.
So much for those perfect teachings on morals.
Memo to the RCC -- child rape is wrong. Glad Jesus supposed "only true church" was able to finally confront the truth.
I missed the part where the official stated that they didn't think it was wrong until the media told them it was.

Where's that part? That was your claim.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

and dan, I could probably go back several years ago and find a post or two where I have mentioned this trip of mine several years ago.

But I aint going to do it just for you.lol
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>you were the person that was going to prove me WRONG, and you cant LOL.
anyway your church today is full of dead people WALKING AROUND and like you, they dont know they are dead(in their trespasses)
Sure I did.

No mention anywhere of a relic at the Mission in Tucson.

You made it all up, now you're bragging about it. What an odd person you are, preston.
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrupt Saints on Display
•St. Andrew Bobola
Church of St. Andrew Bobola, Warsaw, Poland
Died in 1657, discovered incorrupt 1697.
•St. Bernadette Soubirous
Convent of St. Gildard, Nevers, France
The visionary of Lourdes, died 1879. Surely the most beautiful corpse you'll ever see (with some help from wax).
•Mother Cabriani
Mother Cabrini High School Chapel, New York City, USA
Italian-born nun, died in Chicago 1917.
•St. Catherine Labouré
Chapel, Rue du Bac, Paris, France
A Mary visionary, exhumed after 56 years.
•St. Catherine of Bologna
Died 1463, has been on display in an upright position for over 500 years.
•St. Clare of Assisi
Basilica di Santa Chiara, Assisi, Italy
Died 1253.
•St. Clare of Montefalco
Church of the Holy Cross, Montefalco, Italy
Body and heart with cross imprint enshrined separately.
•Dashi-Dorzho Itigilov
Ivolginsky Datsan, Siberia, Russia
A rare Buddhist example: a monk who died in the lotus position in 1927 and remains seated and undecayed today.
•St. Etheldreda
St Etheldreda’s Catholic Church, Ely, England
Just her hand is on display.
•St. Francis Xavier
Basilica of Bom Jesus, Goa, India
Most of incorrupt body on display in a silver casket.
•St. John Vianney
Shrine of St. John Vianney, Ars, France
Beloved parish priest of Ars, died 1859, exhumed 1904.
•St. Padre Pio
San Giovanni Rotondo, Southern Italy
Died 1968. Exhumed and temporarily(?) on display from April 24, 2008 to mark the 40th anniversary of his death.
•Pope John XXIII
St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City
On display in a glass casket.
•Blessed Paula Frassinetti
Chapel of the Convent of Santa Dorotea in Rome, Italy
Died in 1882, exhumed 1906.
•St. Rita of Cascia
Basilica of St Rita, Cascia, Italy
The patron saint of hopeless cases, died 1457. Her body has been seen in different positions in the glass case and her eyes have opened and closed unaided.
•St. Sperandia
Benedictine Convent, Cingoli, Italy
Died 1276, exhumed eight times, the last in 1952. Said to exude a sweet fragrance ("odor of sanctity").
•St. Teresa Margaret
Monastery of St. Teresa, Florence, Italy
Died 1770, exhumed 1783.
•St. Vincent Pallotti
Church of St. Salvatore, Onda, Italy
Died 1850, exhumed 1906 and 1950.
•St. Zita
Basilica of St. Frediano, Lucca, Italy
Died 1278.
Thanks for that info. I guess I never paid much attention to it. I still am not very interested, but at least I know now of Churches with saints on display.
I prayed in front of the stone that was removed from the Apostle Pauls tomb and displayed at the Cathedral of Saint Paul. It was very moving since I was the only one present. There was a closeness for sure.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You linked US civil law precepts with "reformnation ideals".
They aren't linked. The Reformation predated the founding of the US by several hundered years. and had not a thing to do with governance.
Your still linking them here, all while accusing me of spinning that you actually did it earlier. Talk out of one side of your mouth or the other, FM-not both.
The deists or protestants who founded the country owned slaves. Forget that small detail?
There goes that post, doesn't it? Go back to the drawing board.
Dan writes -- "The deists or protestants who founded the country owned slaves. Forget that small detail?"

I'm confused Dan.

In 1782, neither the new USA nor the RCC officially opposed slavery as morally wrong.

My question is simply this. Which of the two proclaimed themselves "perfect in teachings on morals?"

That's a small detail that you always seem to forget. Maybe you could remind us.

Forget that small detail... again?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

still waiting for you to prove me wrong as you said that you would do in this reply.

Dan
Omaha, NE
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#424602 3 hrs ago
preston wrote:
<quoted text>prove my words are incorrect. ok?
to me the whole place was a piece of crap being readied to remove.my stables dont stink that much.
and the bones were in a enclave on the left side as you entered..

YOU;
I'll do it in a minute.

Identify the Church in question, in Tuscon, AZ, where someone's bones were on display under glass in an enclave.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I did.
No mention anywhere of a relic at the Mission in Tucson.
You made it all up, now you're bragging about it. What an odd person you are, preston.
just because a link doesnt speak about some dead guys bones and a jail on the premise doesnt mean that you have proved me wrong.

certainly wouldnt be pleasing to the chamber of commerce.lol for tourists to know they didnt have money to bury someone.

they should just take those bones and lock them up in that hillside jail.NOW ASK SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE ALSO AND THEY WILL TELL YOU ABOUT THAT JAIL.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Catholics here want links.

Catholics here want proof.

That's refreshing. Now maybe they will demand the same from their church?

The ten tons of bones of St Paul should all have the same DNA, right?

Or maybe the Catholics here need and want to believe the RCC fraud. After all, regardless of DNA, how many tons of bones did St. Paul have?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan writes -- "The deists or protestants who founded the country owned slaves. Forget that small detail?"
I'm confused Dan.
In 1782, neither the new USA nor the RCC officially opposed slavery as morally wrong.
My question is simply this. Which of the two proclaimed themselves "perfect in teachings on morals?"
That's a small detail that you always seem to forget. Maybe you could remind us.
Forget that small detail... again?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Well, the Church beat the USA in condemning it, and you set forth that "refromation ideals" were superior. You were wrong.
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>unlike clay and Dan, We know waht we are talking about. ole dan was going to show the world that I was wrong and was lying, yet he couldnt and cant. thanks for the info, I found that quickly.
I think we just don't care enough about it. In MN or anywhere in this part of the country, I don't believe a Church exist that displays the body or bones of a dead Saint. You said it was in AZ? Fine I believe you. Its just something I never heard of around here. Not a big deal. Frankly, I would love to see the bones of Saint Peter or Paul even for just an historical appreciation.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that info. I guess I never paid much attention to it. I still am not very interested, but at least I know now of Churches with saints on display.
I prayed in front of the stone that was removed from the Apostle Pauls tomb and displayed at the Cathedral of Saint Paul. It was very moving since I was the only one present. There was a closeness for sure.
Clay you just have to punch in just one name on that list and you will find the site I thought I gave the link.
I am amazed at the way some of them are so well preserved.
History is one of my favorite subjects, this stuff is great.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
still waiting for you to prove me wrong as you said that you would do in this reply.
Dan
Omaha, NE
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#424602 3 hrs ago
preston wrote:
<quoted text>prove my words are incorrect. ok?
to me the whole place was a piece of crap being readied to remove.my stables dont stink that much.
and the bones were in a enclave on the left side as you entered..
YOU;
I'll do it in a minute.
Identify the Church in question, in Tuscon, AZ, where someone's bones were on display under glass in an enclave.
Um, preston, you failed to cite where the Mission in Tucson houses relics (a guy in glass made of bones).

So, you're wrong. I cited an abundance of source material on the place and no mention of relics housed there.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>just because a link doesnt speak about some dead guys bones and a jail on the premise doesnt mean that you have proved me wrong.
certainly wouldnt be pleasing to the chamber of commerce.lol for tourists to know they didnt have money to bury someone.
they should just take those bones and lock them up in that hillside jail.NOW ASK SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE ALSO AND THEY WILL TELL YOU ABOUT THAT JAIL.
Well, prove your statement correct.

That's your burden. I've provided plenty to disprove your statement.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the part where the official stated that they didn't think it was wrong until the media told them it was.
Where's that part? That was your claim.
Post # please. Maybe I misspoke. Maybe not.

How about, the U.S. media helped the "one true" Church confront the truth.

Either way, this reality further busts the absurd "one true" claim.

Of course you find it difficult to accept, but there's the reality.
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
Incorrupt Saints on Display
•St. Andrew Bobola
Church of St. Andrew Bobola, Warsaw, Poland
Died in 1657, discovered incorrupt 1697.
•St. Bernadette Soubirous
Convent of St. Gildard, Nevers, France
The visionary of Lourdes, died 1879. Surely the most beautiful corpse you'll ever see (with some help from wax).
•Mother Cabriani
Mother Cabrini High School Chapel, New York City, USA
Italian-born nun, died in Chicago 1917.
•St. Catherine Labouré
Chapel, Rue du Bac, Paris, France
A Mary visionary, exhumed after 56 years.
•St. Catherine of Bologna
Died 1463, has been on display in an upright position for over 500 years.
•St. Clare of Assisi
Basilica di Santa Chiara, Assisi, Italy
Died 1253.
•St. Clare of Montefalco
Church of the Holy Cross, Montefalco, Italy
Body and heart with cross imprint enshrined separately.
•Dashi-Dorzho Itigilov
Ivolginsky Datsan, Siberia, Russia
A rare Buddhist example: a monk who died in the lotus position in 1927 and remains seated and undecayed today.
•St. Etheldreda
St Etheldreda’s Catholic Church, Ely, England
Just her hand is on display.
•St. Francis Xavier
Basilica of Bom Jesus, Goa, India
Most of incorrupt body on display in a silver casket.
•St. John Vianney
Shrine of St. John Vianney, Ars, France
Beloved parish priest of Ars, died 1859, exhumed 1904.
•St. Padre Pio
San Giovanni Rotondo, Southern Italy
Died 1968. Exhumed and temporarily(?) on display from April 24, 2008 to mark the 40th anniversary of his death.
•Pope John XXIII
St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City
On display in a glass casket.
•Blessed Paula Frassinetti
Chapel of the Convent of Santa Dorotea in Rome, Italy
Died in 1882, exhumed 1906.
•St. Rita of Cascia
Basilica of St Rita, Cascia, Italy
The patron saint of hopeless cases, died 1457. Her body has been seen in different positions in the glass case and her eyes have opened and closed unaided.
•St. Sperandia
Benedictine Convent, Cingoli, Italy
Died 1276, exhumed eight times, the last in 1952. Said to exude a sweet fragrance ("odor of sanctity").
•St. Teresa Margaret
Monastery of St. Teresa, Florence, Italy
Died 1770, exhumed 1783.
•St. Vincent Pallotti
Church of St. Salvatore, Onda, Italy
Died 1850, exhumed 1906 and 1950.
•St. Zita
Basilica of St. Frediano, Lucca, Italy
Died 1278.

This is a load of rubbish. These so-called saints originate with the Roman Calendar of Gods.

The Hierarchy of the Roman Empire now called the Roman Church

Roman Empire offices & their modern names:

Roman Empire (Imperium Romanum) renamed: Roman Catholic Church.

Curia (legal body of Senators) slight name change: Curia (legal body of Cardinals).

Roman Emperor renamed: Roman Pope (head of all church and state affairs).

Roman College of Senators renamed: College of Cardinals.

Roman Senators renamed: Cardinals.

Roman Governors renamed: Archbishops.

Roman Senator with no territory: Bishop.

(Large) Roman Province renamed: Archdiocese.

(Small) Roman Territory renamed: Diocese.

Imperial Chair of Jupiter where Caesar sat renamed: Throne of St. Peter.

Vestal Virgins renamed: Nuns.

Pontiff or "high priest " of a pagan religious order (Zues, Apollo, Diana, Mars, Jupiter, Baal, Dionysys, Pythia etc) same name: Pontiff.

The Roman Calender and Holy Days of the gods renamed: Calendar Holidays of the Saints.

Legal act of creating a god (of a living or dead human, as was done to most of the Caesars) "Apotheosis of the Gods" renamed: Canonization of the Saints.

A decree of Caesar (dictator for life): Pope's infalliable Papal Bull.

Praying to a dead human god renamed: Praying to a saint.

In the US the highest law of the land is the Constitution and the Bill of Rights in the Vatican State the Constitution is called the Code of Canon Law.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Married in 8,121
More 10 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 11 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 11 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••